Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Housekeeping continues on the every-other day schedule for non-CL rooms - at least it did last week. And don't be too surprised by the waste cans sitting outside room doors - some nasty odors coming from some of them.... 🤢

Obviously, you did not see the shot clock hanging from the bridge!
View attachment 648329

All kidding aside, it's absolutely absurd that someone would call you or anyone else out for using a tube too long! It's odd that they would even be watching you that long to know how long you were actually "snoozing". Nonetheless, if you do bring your own make sure they're clear. Also, I have had someone tell me that when they brought their own that they were confronted by guests who thought they were SAB tubes and that they should not stash them.
I would have told the noisy Mom that I needed more time in the tube because I wasn't finished peeing.

I'll bet she would have REALLY liked that...
~NM

On a previous visit last fall we fell in love with the u-shaped floats they had in the lazy river. When we were here in April they were down to only one functioning one and getting it was a challenge. We asked the lifeguards where they came from and if we could bring our own and they told me as long as they are see through clear we could. We contacted the manufacturer and were able to buy 2. I will say we’ve gotten a few dirty looks when we take them out of the lazy river and back to our table and a cast member actually followed us as we were leaving the pool with them and we had to explain. It was all good. I’m glad they asked.

Let me know if anyone needs to know anything. We are here until Halloween.

Ok, so I have found the clear rings but I want the other u-shape tube too and google is failing me! What was the manufactuer?

I think I am just going to write my name on it in sharpie or write personal on it maybe!

Ok, so I have found the clear rings but I want the other u-shape tube too and google is failing me! What was the manufactuer?

I think I am just going to write my name on it in sharpie or write personal on it maybe!
Did you find it online or in store?

Obviously, you did not see the shot clock hanging from the bridge!
View attachment 648329

All kidding aside, it's absolutely absurd that someone would call you or anyone else out for using a tube too long! It's odd that they would even be watching you that long to know how long you were actually "snoozing". Nonetheless, if you do bring your own make sure they're clear. Also, I have had someone tell me that when they brought their own that they were confronted by guests who thought they were SAB tubes and that they should not stash them.
What color are the SAB tubes, just in case I cant find clear ones when it's time to do my room order?

:drinking1 Cheers! Hang in there, week's almost halfway done!

I wanted to say I love your profile pic of your yellow lab .... looks just like mine. Also, PCFriar80 - has to be for Providence College Friars !!!! My sister-in-law was a Friar and captain of her hockey team. I live in Massachusetts.

Page 1958-1960

acht Club club level garden view
room 5198
king bed
shower - no tub

Once again, thanks so much for your excellent, detailed review of your room.

:thanks:

I've been reading that Stormalong Bay is not necessarily the best for young children or inexperienced swimmers. In particular, I'm worried about the lazy river (is it really 8-feet deep?) Very interested to hear thoughts about this!

My kids are 7 and 9 and are both decent swimmers, but not necessarily comfortable in deep water. Covid delayed a lot of the swim lessons I would have gotten for them, and they have just gotten back into the pool since last month. Wondering if the pools at Swan might be more appropriate.

Thanks for your advice!!

Thank you everyone for your replies!! This really is the friendliest resort thread!! :lovestruc

Thanks for the kind words about the thread- I totally agree!

I just wanted to add, as others have indicated, that there are many different areas of SAB, a lot of them in 4-foot deep range (which is actually annoying to me, I like to swim under water so I usually do that in the lazy river, sans tube)

Page 1, Posts 2 and 3 have lots of pictures and information about the resort pools.

There are also 3 quiet pools available if the family just feels like swimming without the bells and whistles.

:fish:

Oooo thanks for the link! We just booked CL for this August and you enabled me to be lazy searching for the info :)

I'll add you to the list!

I spied in your signature that you have a stay on the Star Cruiser. How exciting!!!

:chewy:

Stormalong hours? Our 2 visits in 2021, stormalong didn’t open until 10am. It really felt so late! Any word on current opening times and plan for the summer season? We are there for 2 weeks in May. Thanks!!

Forgot to give you a :welcome: to the thread.

Are you staying at YC, BC or BCV?

:goodvibes

My issue with SAB is not the depth but the WIDTH. We just came back from YC last week and I was yet again reminded of how big it is. The size is great until you realize mom who is watching the 6yo in the sandy pool has walked away with the goggles the 9yo needs to swim on the other end of pool by the slide. It is huge. The real issue I see is really nothing about the pool itself. It is an awesome feature. But, if you are watching two young children of different swimming interests/abilities it will be nearly impossible to please both of them and keep a close enough watch on them. Thankfully DW and I can divide and conquer in this respect.

:welcome:

Great screen name!

This is one of the things I have the most trouble with- not keeping track of the kids, but trying to navigate from one part of the pool to another. I am very directionally challenged so I get confused and lost crossing the bridges.

:rolleyes1

Last edited:
Thought I would do a little review of the BC CL from last week while it's still fresh in my mind for those that have upcoming trips! 🥰

We arrived Sunday, 2/6 around 12:30 PM after a quick drive from Jacksonville. We checked in with the attendant at the gate and they sent us through to valet. Bell service would've gladly taken our bags, but we didn't have many so opted to just carry them. The first thing I noticed was how clean the lobby smelled and it was still as bubbly as I remembered (something that draws me more to BC than YC). We approached one of the greeters who had an ipad, told him we were checking in, and once realizing we were CL he took us right up.

Check in was a breeze, all of the CMs were SO nice and helpful. We were offered a welcome drink but just opted for water (the wine was tempting after the morning we had with getting our cats to their boarding, however 🤣) and our room was ready. I cannot for the life of me remember our room number 😓 but walking from the elevators on the 5th floor, it was just down the right hall, the room being on the left hand side right in front of the suite (tbh ANY room on the left side of that hallway would've been lovely). It was way more spacious than I anticipated. We had two queen beds and a pullout couch. I would say five people could sleep comfortably at least. Our view was gorgeous! We hadn't personally requested a view or room, but my BF's sister who used to work for Disney has a friend in concierge who chose a lovely room for us. We had a near perfect view of the fireworks from EPCOT every night and during the day a lovely courtyard view below. You could see crescent lake and a bit of BWI if you turned right.

Mousekeeping came everyday and supplied us with fresh sheets, towels, way more toiletries than necessary (which I absolutely took home lol), and the occasional towel formation; they loved using the minnie ears I didn't wear to the parks that day in them. We were also brought an entire microwave when I asked if there was one in lounge and told there wasn't. I didn't realize they had some on hand for guests at the time who requested them.

I posted a lot over on the CL thread if you want to read back, but we had a wonderful time and were happy with the selections for the most part. Afternoon snacks got kinda old fast (I'm not really a chip gal) but breakfast, apps, and desserts were lovely. CMs were VERY attentive. I remember coming back to our room for a break only to find it being cleaned so we waited in the lounge. In that 30 min span, we were asked by FOUR different CMs if we needed anything so they definitely paid attention to their guests.

The grounds were kept near spotless, the music they play around the resort grounds is so relaxing, and the marketplace had good food options, too. You can't beat the walk to epcot, either nor the easy boat ride to HS. We did end up taking that "not so secret" secret hallway a couple of times to get back to the lobby from Epcot and I can see in the summertime it being a wonderful option.

Okay, this got super lengthy but we LOVED our stay and will be back. I would be happy to answer any questions, or if someone really wants to know, I could try to find out what room we were in. ☺

Thanks for the review of your club level stay.

Thanks for the update. It reminded me that I didn't report on our check in experience.

We arrived at the Yacht Club via Mears connect before 11am. The Mears Connect service was great. There were only five people on our bus and YC was the first stop, BC and BWI were after that. The bus pulled out of the airport a few minutes after we got on board but we got the impression that the bus service was running on a time schedule, since several Mears buses pulled out at the same time.

The YC lobby was busy when we arrived and lines for resort check in were long. Unfortunately, there wasn't anyone walking around with an iPad so we decided to check our bags with bell services and head into Epcot for some lunch instead of going to the lounge first. We got our room ready text before 1pm and headed back to the resort. We decided to go straight to the elevator to see if we could get up to the 5th floor by ourselves and luckily, it worked. We checked in with the CMs and then attempted to get into our room. Our MB's didn't work so we headed back to the cl desk to get that fixed. It took them a little while to get our MBs to work and unfortunately, we had to use the same bands the entire trip because they were the only ones that worked. The unlock the resort room using our phone feature worked, though, which was nice.

So, our club level check in experience was less than stellar, but after that, we had a great time. I can't say enough about the YC CL staff and how friendly and helpful they were. :)

Thanks for the additional info!

If I ever get my act together and have some free time, I'll update the Club Level Post with current pictures and reviews.

I'm not sure when that will happen. My 3 part-time jobs are (thankfully) keeping me pretty busy!

🐎🐖🐏🐑🐐🐈🐓

🏠

🎤

Last edited:
Clear Tubes/Loungers at Stormalong Bay

Insert: links to purchase tubes

Using personal (clear) tubes at SAB

Question....on previous visit I got yelled at by a lady who felt as though I had been sitting in my tube too long and was not sharing at the lazy river. Granted, I WAS snoozing so....

I have heard you can use your own tube as long as they are clear all the way through. Does anybody know the validity of this? All joking aside, I was mortified to be yelled at by this woman and she made quite a scene and tried to pull lifeguards and secuirty into it. I would gladly bring my own to avoid such a confrontation and to not have to hunt down a float.

Thanks so much for getting the conversation started about the tubes. I'm so sorry you had an issue with another guest who confronted you on a previous trip.
The tube discussion for the lazy river is making me wonder how to prove it's your own tube if confronted by some nosy guest?

If you buy your own tube, I wonder if you can write your name or something on it to somehow distinguish it from the hotel's.

Or wear a shirt which says, "I bought the tube at Walmart. Leave me alone."

Or a decal with this on it:

Mine.jpg

Last edited:
This has not occured to me before- Are float chairs like this available in SAB? They are NOT clear!

A new chair-style float was introduced in August 2020.

photo of old and new style floats for the lazy river at Stormalong Bay.
note- these floats are currently available in limited numbers

I am looking for links for clear pool tubes and lounger chairs.

I have found the Intex Sit 'N Float inflatable pool lounger, but it is not clear:

Lounger float.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Intex-Inflatable-Colorful-Floating-Loungers/dp/B09S27GB33?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Clear Tubes:

Clear Float.jpg

$39.99

*************************************************************************************************************

Clear Heart Float.jpg

$29.99

Not sure of the durability of these. They are listed as "props" but the description also indicates they can be used for floating.

:fish:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter