Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1955

Dee,
After I had to cancel DL trip last week, I went through multiple incarnations of WDW dates. I was actually able to play around quite a bit with YC promo dates with garden and water view availability, so no more June 5-8. We settled on June 7-11 at YC with our beloved water view.

My son turns 17 the week before, and it is a belated 50th bash for me! Spent 40 at GF, but we are now 2 states later and current school district doesn’t have a mid April break. We are also celebrating 10 years with no cancer! In 2012 I had just finished ACT chemo and radiation, so I have to make this a double event as well. I would love to have some stickers:love2:

Got it! I'll bling up your listing.

:dogdance: :cool2::cool1:

To Update the Be Our Guest List - we will be there Nov. 8-13.

Got it!

::yes::

I got to stay at one club level before. My kids are now 17, 15 and still talk about how wonderful it was. They were 12,10 it was so convenient for us.

:welcome: to posting on this thread. Thanks for your input.

:thumbsup2

I will be there September 12-17 staying club level garden view and cannot wait.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Beach Club?

:woohoo:

Face bar (we use as hand soap lol), 2 dental kits, mouthwash, foot rub!!!!, cooling aloe gel, vanity kit (nail file, cotton pads and swabs, shower cap, body lotion and shaving kit - in the vanity area, along with tissues. Shower has bath soap, body wash, shampoo and conditioner. Way more than I expected tbh.

Wow! That's a lot of stuff!

Dee, can you add us to the list for June 28th-July 7th! Doing a split stay with the Contemporary from the 25th-28th.

You bet! YC or BC?

:goodvibes

Can you add us staying 10th - 24th May Thanks!

Will do! Yacht or Beach?

I finally got DH to agree to go back to WDW and stay at the YC or BC. I have a year to plan which parks on which days, and I am getting updated on all the new procedures, apps, and rules. One thing I need help with is how to get from these resorts to MK.
We had originally planned to get park hopper ticket, walk through Epcot, and pick up the monorails to the TTC and MK, but the 2:00 rule would mean we couldn't start our day at the MK if we did that.

So is there a way to walk from the BC to the monorail, or would we have to depend on buses and cars? (I know that monorail is down now, but we aren't planning to go until summer 2023

:welcome:

I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list for next summer.

As others have indicated, the bus is the most efficient way to get from the Yacht and Beach resorts to the Magic Kingdom. It is a 12-15 minute ride, once you get on the bus.

My family would often take the monorail back to EPCOT from the MK when returning to the resort- we could walk through EPCOT and then perhaps get something to eat along the way.

Page 1956

Sold photos of the BC! We’ll be here until Friday so I’ll try and take some more before we leave. P.S. that beautiful bird let us get SO close to him (people have probably fed him 😓) and I must say he’s photogenic.

Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

We are missing for May 2022 - May 20-26th Covid postponed 2020 High School Graduation Trip

Got it! Yacht or Beach?

That's us! Our 20th anniversary is July 6th, we will be at Yacht Club from 7/5 - 7/13 with our DS17. Thanks!!

Got it! Now I understand, saw it in your signature.

:love:

We came back to our room in the Yacht Club to find out that they had installed a new TV system. It lists our last name and room number on the welcome screen. The Friendship boat moves across the screen and lights turn on and off in the rooms in the picture. It also will connect your device to the internet. I will get a picture of that screen later but here are a couple screens to start with. Internet is slow right now because they are working on our floor right now.:)

View attachment 646178

View attachment 646179

View attachment 646180

View attachment 646181

View attachment 646183
I will get more info about this new system later. :)

Oh, wow!!! So cool!

:happytv:

Page 1957-1958

Just wondering, with the YC/.BC be having a Super Bowl watch party on Sunday? That could be a really fun event to go to if you are in to that sort of thing. Of course I have to end this post with a big WHO DEY!!
Katesdad

Hey, this may be the first time we have been rooting for the same team in the superbowl!

Nate has been home since November and will be until the spring. We will be serving Sloppy Joe Burrows at some point today.

:tigger:

The TVs look interesting, but from what you e said it looks like all features might not be all that useful. Hope you had a fun trip. I’ve enjoyed & appreciated all your pics.

Btw, I have a GV-CL booked for this summer. I’ve only stayed SV-CL before, so I’d love to hear about your room.

Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list? Which month?

It was cold during our trip and rainy one day. But we did have a lot of fun. We walked over to Fantasia miniature golf course one afternoon and had the sun come out to warm us up. It was our first time playing miniature golf during a WDW trip and it was nice to do something new.

We will be back next month but not club level. Our February trip was during the value season and we had a 25% AP discount, making it the same price as our October BC trip. We ate every breakfast and dinner in the club lounge and it was great. :) But we also like ADR's and meeting friends for dinner so we won't be booking club level for awhile. :)

Dee - please add us to the Be Our Guest list - YC Mar 6 - 9, 2022

Thanks. :)

Will do!

Thanks, once again, for all of your detailed and helpful info!

BTW- I was in Florida at the same time, visiting my best friend from elementary school to today. I was in the Treasure Island-St Petersburg area. And yes, it was unexpectedly cold!

:beach:

Someone I worked with before 2020 told me that instead of YC/BC, we should really look into Boardwalk - she preferred it, and it was a better value. I told her that it was out of the question because the clown at that pool creeped me out.

Today I found out that the creepy clown was gone, so I dutifully checked the rates at the Boardwalk.
Is it rude of me to be happy that the Boardwalk rates for a comparable room were much more? I guess I really want to stay on the north side of the lake!

My family would often take the monorail back to EPCOT from the MK when returning to the resort- we could walk through EPCOT and then perhaps get something to eat along the way.

This is something we really miss! We would head up early to MK and leave around 11:00 - 11:30 a.m. (when the sea of humanity was arriving) and head to EPCOT for lunch or festival food. Then out the IG to BC or BW, maybe even Swan or Dolphin on occasion, for our pool time and afternoon refresher. That darn 2:00 p.m. rule has really put a damper on our touring. :mad: We would head to EPCOT at the 11:00 - 11:30 a.m. time from AK and DHS as well--just not by monorail.

I've been reading that Stormalong Bay is not necessarily the best for young children or inexperienced swimmers. In particular, I'm worried about the lazy river (is it really 8-feet deep?) Very interested to hear thoughts about this!

My kids are 7 and 9 and are both decent swimmers, but not necessarily comfortable in deep water. Covid delayed a lot of the swim lessons I would have gotten for them, and they have just gotten back into the pool since last month. Wondering if the pools at Swan might be more appropriate.

Thanks for your advice!!

How far in advance can you make park reservations?
If you have purchased your park tickets and they're linked to MDE you can make them now. I've made them for my nieces for our December trip already, but have to wait to make our own since our AP is not renewed until June.

I've been reading that Stormalong Bay is not necessarily the best for young children or inexperienced swimmers. In particular, I'm worried about the lazy river (is it really 8-feet deep?) Very interested to hear thoughts about this!

My kids are 7 and 9 and are both decent swimmers, but not necessarily comfortable in deep water. Covid delayed a lot of the swim lessons I would have gotten for them, and they have just gotten back into the pool since last month. Wondering if the pools at Swan might be more appropriate.

Thanks for your advice!!
There are lifeguards. In my experience, I wasn't worried about depths of the water but more the number of busy bodies in and out, splashing and having a good time but not necessarily paying attention to the folks around them. This is common among the younger swimmers. I get it, because my kids were younger once too.

Thanks for your advice!!

It is in fact 8 feet deep in some parts of the lazy river. They do have inner tubes to float on, and the last few times we've gone, I have gone so far as to pack a pool noodle from the dollar store in our luggage(lightweight and bendy!) to help me out because I am not a strong swimmer myself and sometimes they run out of tubes. Plus, I like to float IN the water, vs ON the water. :) However, there are various areas of Stormalong Bay that aren't the lazy river - including an entire sand bottom pool for little ones, so I think it really offers something for every age and swimming ability.

Thanks for your advice!!
The lazy river runs 5 - 8 feet deep. It is typically used with floats, but swimming/floating is still possible. It's a relatively small loop, maybe 100 or so feet in total diameter with access to stairs and the side walls are never too far away. Personally, I think it's something they could experience with whatever supervision you deem appropriate. As with all sections of SAB it's staffed with lifeguards. There are plenty of other swimming and play areas within SAB that should keep them busy. They also have afternoon activities for all ages that would be fun for them! And in closing......no need to go to the Swan! I also see others chimed in after I posted this so sorry for the repeat information!

Thanks for your advice!!

My kids are currently 11 and 7, just for reference. For me, I worry more about SAB's slide entrance being outside the pool gates and overall size of SAB than specifically about the lazy river (but yes, it has very deep spots!). I'm all for getting in and running all around with my kids in the pool... BUT there are times where being able to sit in a pool chair with a beverage and watch them without worry - or at least be limited to a more confined area. If you have kids that are prone to wondering off, SAB can be more challenging.

That said, at 7 and 9 I think you'll likely enjoy SAB. Nothing about what I said above is a fatal flaw for me, just a consideration. I wouldn't worry all that much about it.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your advice!!
Having been going to BC/YC for many years, there are plenty of areas where the water is 4 feet or so. The area near the water slide going towards the YC is all 4 feet or so. The area where the pool going past Hurricane Hanna pool bar gets deeper from 5 ft to 8 ft. They have some pool raft stuff you can sit on or lay on. Sometimes they run out. Heading by the YC it gets back down to 4-5 ft. Near the BC there are whirlpools, a water slide. Near beaches and cream there is a hot tub. Great pool, have fun. The kids will love it. There are many lifeguards and they watch very closely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter