Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I really hope it comes back. We were staying at the Yacht Club in Dec '20 and had a fantastic in-room dinner courtesy of Ale & Compass as we were watching some news on the TV and also had a Crescent Lake view from our balcony and it's something we talk about often. Sometimes a quiet night "at home" is just what you need on vacation.

Yeah, I agree. At least you can order Ale & Compass To Go and bring it back to your room. Not the same as ‘real’ room service, but a makeshift alternative. I’ve had mixed experiences on wait times during peak time though.

We are about to check out from BCV and have a few refrigerated items left over and I hate to throw stuff away. If anyone is interested, we are in room 210 and leaving shortly. Butter, cream cheese, cheese slices are a few things.

I posted on the TPAS forum about magic mobile, but then it got me thinking about our resort stay without magic bands. I’ll do the open the door from the app for the room, but how’s that work for stormalong bay? Do you just give the people letting access your room number? And what do you do with your phone to get back into the room while you’re swimming? Are there lockers?

You can go to the front desk to get key cards for the room right? May be easier for going to the pool as I can just leave that with my towel or even just with me while swimming.

I posted on the TPAS forum about magic mobile, but then it got me thinking about our resort stay without magic bands. I’ll do the open the door from the app for the room, but how’s that work for stormalong bay? Do you just give the people letting access your room number? And what do you do with your phone to get back into the room while you’re swimming? Are there lockers?

You can go to the front desk to get key cards for the room right? May be easier for going to the pool as I can just leave that with my towel or even just with me while swimming.
There are free lockers inside the pool area where you can lock up your phone. :)

I haven't heard any reports of how people get into Storm Along Bay without MagicBands, but I'm sure there is a way to check in with your phone or room key card. :)

You can get a key card from the front desk to unlock your door and gain access to SAB. You can open your door from the app on the phone but it is a PIA...you have to unlock your phone, open the app then click on unlock door, then it may or may not work. Easier to tap a card or MB. If you have magic bands from a previous trip you can use those

You can get a key card from the front desk to unlock your door and gain access to SAB. You can open your door from the app on the phone but it is a PIA...you have to unlock your phone, open the app then click on unlock door, then it may or may not work. Easier to tap a card or MB. If you have magic bands from a previous trip you can use those

Sounds easier just to have the card. Unfortunately we don’t have any of our many magic bands we have gotten through the years. The room key cards hold everything on them if we get them right? So instead of magic mobile we could then just use the key cards for park access and genie+?

Sounds easier just to have the card. Unfortunately we don’t have any of our many magic bands we have gotten through the years. The room key cards hold everything on them if we get them right? So instead of magic mobile we could then just use the key cards for park access and genie+?
I used the app for the first day and then got a card from the front desk. The app worked fine but it was just a lot of unlocking, opening app, etc as the other poster said. Definitely preferred the card! I did buy my 8 year old a magic band though so I didn’t have to manage his card. It was worth it!

Has anyone heard when the DVC villa renovations are going to begin at Beach Club? We are debating where to stay in August and I would love a fresh room at Beach Club! Our other options are Riviera or Grand Floridian but SAB is pulling me towards BC. Thanks!!

Has anyone heard when the DVC villa renovations are going to begin at Beach Club? We are debating where to stay in August and I would love a fresh room at Beach Club! Our other options are Riviera or Grand Floridian but SAB is pulling me towards BC. Thanks!!

What renovations? I am a BCV DVC owner and haven't heard a thing!

I agree with @Jillpie. I have not heard that BCV is on the list for renovations.

I agree with @Jillpie. I have not heard that BCV is on the list for renovations.
If you Google search DVC renovations 2021 you should find the article for n the first couple hits.
BCV are due for a soft refurbishment. This consists of
Refresh: Also referred to as a "soft goods" refurbishment, this project may include changes to wall coverings, floor coverings, window coverings, furniture upholstry, linens and minor furnishings like artwork and in-room light fixtures.”

Is anyone currently staying at BCV that could share January's Recreation calendar??
The only place I saw it posted was by Crescent Lake. Sorry for the poor quality picture but the sun was an issue. I also got the lighthouse in the background for special effects! Got down here yesterday amid the travel woes. Weather is perfect. Still a little busy crowdwise, but think that’s due to the New Years holiday carryover and marathon weekend.

Hi everyone! I have kind of a silly question. We’ve been going to YC for years, but have never driven ourselves or had to park there, etc. We are heading down there in a couple of weeks and I’m starting to worry about COVID and flight cancellations so we are thinking of driving. When we get there, do they tell you where to park or can you go anywhere? Is there something to hang from your car? How about baggage unloading? Can we pull up to the hotel and unload and then go park? Do they just automatically hold your bags for you while you check in or can we see if our room is ready before they store the bags? Does someone have to wait with the bags while others park? We are staying CL this trip if that changes anything for check in/baggage. I’m hoping you all can help. With so many other things being uncertain right now, it would be nice to have an idea of how this would work before we commit to driving. TIA!

Anyone have info on when the first bus running to Disney Springs is? I know Springs opens at 10am. Wondering when to expect the first bus.

Thanks!

Hi everyone! I have kind of a silly question. We’ve been going to YC for years, but have never driven ourselves or had to park there, etc. We are heading down there in a couple of weeks and I’m starting to worry about COVID and flight cancellations so we are thinking of driving. When we get there, do they tell you where to park or can you go anywhere? Is there something to hang from your car? How about baggage unloading? Can we pull up to the hotel and unload and then go park? Do they just automatically hold your bags for you while you check in or can we see if our room is ready before they store the bags? Does someone have to wait with the bags while others park? We are staying CL this trip if that changes anything for check in/baggage. I’m hoping you all can help. With so many other things being uncertain right now, it would be nice to have an idea of how this would work before we commit to driving. TIA!

You can certainly drive to the front and have bell services unload and store your luggage upon arrival and then park. If you prefer to determine if your room is ready, you can park and leave your luggage in the car. That allows you the option of schlepping your own luggage to your room rather than having bell services handle it. Totally your decision.

Upon arrival at the entrance, you will be asked for your name to verify your reservation and if you choose to park, simply ask for direction from the guard at the gate. If you choose to go the bell services route, pull to the Porte Cochere and allow the attendants to unload and store your belongings. If YC is on top of the ball, you should be greeted at the front door by someone from CL to take you up and check you in. If not, go to the front desk and you will be directed from there.

Hopefully you will receive your "room ready" message prior to your arrival.

One final note, you will be charged for parking--I don't think CL now includes waiver of parking fees, but I could be wrong on that one. We haven't driven to Disney although we had a rental car a few times and that was pre-parking fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter