• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Bumping this as it got buried.... anyone rented a Cabana lately?

Man, I started to reply the other day but I guess I didn’t hit post. Ugh.

1) Can be booked 60 days from your check-in date (not your cabana date).

2) Unless recently changed and hasn’t been reported yet, it’s still full day rentals. Presumably that may change at some point? Or maybe Disney is perfectly content to not offer halfsies going forward?

3) There is an AP discount, but some days are blacked out, like weekends and holidays, although I don’t think we have a good handle on just what the pattern is. Def ask on the phone, and if they say there isn’t one ask again when you check in for the cabana - there have been some reports of people paying full price and getting a discount applied when there, but to me from what I read experiences seem YMMV.

4) Pricing is seasonal and Disney doesn’t do a great job communicating their seasons, so we’re left to reports around here. I didn’t look, but maybe @natebenma keeps track of reports on Page 1?

Hope that helps. Others please chime in if I’ve missed anything.

2) Unless recently changed and hasn’t been reported yet, it’s still full day rentals. Presumably that may change at some point? Or maybe Disney is perfectly content to not offer halfsies going forward?

3) There is an AP discount, but some days are blacked out, like weekends and holidays, although I don’t think we have a good handle on just what the pattern is. Def ask on the phone, and if they say there isn’t one ask again when you check in for the cabana - there have been some reports of people paying full price and getting a discount applied when there, but to me from what I read experiences seem YMMV.

4) Pricing is seasonal and Disney doesn’t do a great job communicating their seasons, so we’re left to reports around here. I didn’t look, but maybe @natebenma keeps track of reports on Page 1?

Thank you, this helps a lot!!

Page 1931

Hello! It’s been a while since I read or have posted. Life has just gotten in the way. i was catching up on the forum and saw the terrible news from Dee. I was so sorry to read of the loss of your DH. Words are not sufficient to express my sympathies. You do so much for this forum and it pains me to know that your family suffered such grief.

Speaking of catching up on the forum I was also happy to see Teena is back in town. We sure do miss seeing her in the BC lobby. I noticed it didn’t take nearly as long to catch up as it used to. Have the resorts been quiet? Seems like not nearly as many folks are posting.

I realized I never finalized my timing of our trip. We arrive next Friday 10/22 and leave 10/31. My sis is actually joking hubby and I for a few days. We spend most of our time at SAB and we usually try to sit over in front of B&C. You can’t miss us…we always have the plastic wine and champagne glasses. Please stop over to say hello if you are at SAB and are so inclined. We are friendly folks. I know we connected briefly with Woodnymph on one of our trips and hope to do so again-maybe for longer this time.

Once we arrive I will check in and let me know if you have any assignments for me.

Thank you for your kind, compassionate words. This unexpected loss has been devastating for me and my family. We are fortunate to have strong support from friends and our community, and we are coping, but life will never be the same for us. :grouphug:

I hope you are having a spectacular time at the world and are finding a lot of time to chill at SAB.

:cool2:

I was hoping that you would be hanging around SAB again. We will be at the BC Sunday, Oct 24 to Oct 29 and my sister is joining us. We plan to spend time at SAB, too, so I'll look for you. :)

Wishing you a fantastic trip!

:goodvibes:

I arrive on 10/20, hanging out at the BCVs until 10/28. While I'm generally a quiet gut, I will live on the edge and say "hi" if I see someone with plastic wine glasses at SAB if I'm in the area. If it's not you, then I'll run like heck. Otherwise, I'll check in to see if you need a refill! Safe travels!

Wow! Looks like all the cool kids are at the pool right now.

Have a great trip.

:fish:

I know several folks asked about cabanas a while ago, but I wasn't needing info then.... LOL

Can someone tell me now how far out Cabanas can be reserved? Full days only? Cost? AP Discount?

Thanks in advance!!

This is the info I have on Page 1, Post 2 Stormalong Bay. As guests provide information, I try to update the post:

According to Disney Signature Services, the cabanas became available for booking starting 3/17/19. Photo ID required to check in. 24 hour cancellation required. Recreation staff will switch day or refund for inclement weather.

Prices upon opening: prices are $149-$199 half day (10:00am-2 pm and 3:00pm-7pm) $249-$299 whole day (10:00am-close) the range reflects season (high low).

Examples of Prices:

April 2021, whole day, $318.44
October 2020, whole day, $225 with discount
April 2019, whole day, $318 with tax.
September 2019, half day, 10 am- 2 pm, $158.69 with tax.

Note: We have received conflicting reports about whether the cost is subject to Annual Pass or other discounts, especially during "high season". Be sure to ask when you are booking! ETA: AP Discounts have been consistently applied all times of year, so if you are told they do not apply, call back!

:beach:

Break time from our balcony at BCVs half way through our trip. And yes, there is a cold beverage involved with this update because after all that’s what you’re supposed to do on a BCV balcony! And it’s one of those large studio balconies I have posted about!

Weather has been great since we arrived last Wednesday although the clouds are rolling in now. Japan pavilion drummers can be heard in the distance! Nice to hear that again.

Crowds have been manageable and was surprised that world showcase was not mobbed this weekend for F&W. The M-80s concerts at American pavilion were great. Hit HS studios this morning. Left the room at 7:15 for an 8:30 opening, arrived at 7:35 and was in line for ROTR @ 7:45 and off the ride by 8:20. This seems to be the only attraction at HS where they are not waiting until 8:30 to start operating.

BCV/BC specific; they do not have the water in the lobbies. At one point I think they did, but not sure. It’s very easy to get cups of water at the marketplace. Large cups right by the machine. Housekeeping for the villas went off as scheduled for us with a full service on day 4. As promised, I introduced myself to @EasternShoreGal, husband and sister today. They certainly know how to do it right! Very nice to meet them
and sorry about the Ravens.

Those clouds have turned to showers now but we’re still heading to Epcot in about an hour!

Last edited:
FWIW every single stay that my family has stayed at Yacht or Beach We have always received our room request. I always call and double check one week before check in that my request is on my reservation and we always get it. I even request a room range of numbers and always get one of the rooms I requested. I never got my requests at the Poly or GF but always do at YCBC. My last stay in August i only put one request for my Deluxe room and got the exact room I requested room 1557! YMMV 😊
How do you submit your request? Is it through TouringPlans? We’re staying at YC for the first time in January and I don’t know what specific room numbers to request, but I do have some other preferences.

Wishing you a fantastic trip!

:goodvibes:

Thanks. We got our room ready text around 2:30pm, just as we were getting off Remy. We have a great garden view room with a full balcony and sideways view of Crescent Lake. I'll post more information after we check out.

Japan pavilion drummers can be heard in the distance! Nice to hear that again.
We could hear the drummers from our balcony, too. It is nice to be back at the Beach Club listening to the sounds coming from Epcot. We won't be able to see the Epcot fireworks from this room, but we definitely hear them. :)

Greetings from SAB! We thought today was going to be a complete washout but so far so good. Sis and I are relaxing here while DH heads up to Daytona to see his mom. Normally I would go too but with sis here just for a few days this worked best for us.

Some early thoughts. I had put a room request in through one of the emails that had previously been posted and we were set to arrive mid afternoon Friday. I think that same email has recently been reported as bouncing back undeliverable so I will check at some point for an accurate one. We usually like to check in first thing in the morning after spending a night at Saratoga but decided we would hope for the best, use the online checkin and not put in a room request there. We were on I-4 sitting in traffic about an hour out at 2:35 when we got a text saying our room was not ready but they would contact us again in 45 mins to update us. We received another text 1/2 an hour later saying our room was ready…exactly when I had said we would be here. We were still 30 mins out but were able to park, unload, and we were sitting at SAB for happy hour just after 5. Our magic bands even worked and we did not need to go to the desk. Even better, our request was met. We had requested a specific type of room (off the ground floor and overlooking Dunes Cove pool) and gave our favorite room # as an example. We were so happy to get the text saying our room was ready and it was the room number I had mentioned as an example!!! Nice way to start the trip and we weren’t even on property yet.

We’ve met some great folks here so far! PCFriar stopped by to say hello and another disser overheard me talking plastic wine glasses while we were floating in the lazy river and asked me if I posted here since she had seen . When I said yes she introduced herself as well. So nice to have a friendly bunch here from the boards.

On a previous visit last fall we fell in love with the u-shaped floats they had in the lazy river. When we were here in April they were down to only one functioning one and getting it was a challenge. We asked the lifeguards where they came from and if we could bring our own and they told me as long as they are see through clear we could. We contacted the manufacturer and were able to buy 2. I will say we’ve gotten a few dirty looks when we take them out of the lazy river and back to our table and a cast member actually followed us as we were leaving the pool with them and we had to explain. It was all good. I’m glad they asked.

Let me know if anyone needs to know anything. We are here until Halloween.

Greetings from SAB! We thought today was going to be a complete washout but so far so good. Sis and I are relaxing here while DH heads up to Daytona to see his mom. Normally I would go too but with sis here just for a few days this worked best for us.
We got rained on at Hollywood Studios and won't be at SAB today. But we are planning a quick morning trip to MK tomorrow and a nice relaxing afternoon at SAB. It's not supposed to rain tomorrow.

I know people have asked about microwaves at the BC Marketplace. They put a microwave outside the entrance to the BC Marketplace where people will be able to use it even when the marketplace is closed. It is next to the door that is closest to the outside eating area.

Room assignment code in MyDisneyExperience - our one request was King bed. We have this code that suggests we are getting an accessible room. We did not request it. Should we be trying to change it before we arrive? It says: FlSpcAcc OptHr
We would never want to take a room type from someone who needs the "Acc". Any experience with this?

Room assignment code in MyDisneyExperience - our one request was King bed. We have this code that suggests we are getting an accessible room. We did not request it. Should we be trying to change it before we arrive? It says: FlSpcAcc OptHr
We would never want to take a room type from someone who needs the "Acc". Any experience with this?
If the room were needed for someone requesting an accessible room, they would not have assigned it to anyone else. This is the room type assigned to you (shows standard view at BC, but YC s/b the same):

Standard View. Florida special accessible room with option for hearing accessibility.
Views of Disney's Beach Club Resort Gardens, Rooftop or Parking Area
1 King Bed and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa
Sleeps up to 4 Adults

Florida Special Accessible rooms are equipped with toilet grab bars, an open bed frame and lower toilet height. A portable raised toilet seat is available upon request.

Visual Alarm
Visual Door Knock/Doorbell Alert
Visual Telephone Call Alert
Telephone with Volume Control
Electrical Outlet Near Telephone Jack
TTY Available Upon Request at Check-In
These features are guaranteed and do not require an extra charge.

@Gitelfor thanks for the details. I would like to change; don't know how it happened as I reviewed my notes. Guess I'll have to talk to front desk?
If you are arriving within 9 days, you can call to request a change.
Beach Club 407-934-8000
Yacht Club 407-934-7000

Call during normal business hours.
I would not wait till you arrive to request a change; they may not have another room available that day, as rooms will have been assigned for all arriving guests.

This is not a discount. It is just an attempt by Disney to get you to book the trip you may have looked at on their website. The website creates a Cart ID# when you click on a resort, something we do when looking at different rates and resorts. I have received this email before from a trip I was planning. :)

thank you- kind of like putting things in a cart at Amazon

Last day at BCVs until marathon weekend. For those of you looking for early Christmas decorations, a manager I spoke with this AM said that the BC Christmas carousel will be going up in the lobby on 11/1. I won’t be here to verify but hope those coming in early November (and beyond) enjoy the bonus! That’s it for now. Any last minute on-site questions just let me know!

Dee can you please add us to the Be Our Guest list for February, we will be there Feb 10-13 staying at the BC for our anniversary.
We have been living here in Florida for 3 months now and are loving every min of it. We so love being close and being able to go to Disney whenever we want. We have been going about once a week but we miss staying on property.

Hi all! Anyone know the rack rates for a standard room for April 2022 at both Yacht and Beach? Looking to book for late April 2023, so just seeing what rates are for 2022.

I tried to check similar dates online, but all standard rooms were booked.

Thanks!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter