Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I was just at the Marketplace this morning and can confirm that they have the hot cocoa machines, right next to the coffee station. Iced tea dispensers as well. Sweet and unsweetened.
Unfortunately, they swapped out the touch screen soda dispensers with traditional soda dispensers. No more creatively flavoring your magic cup drinks. My kids loved those machines, and I loved having a nice strawberry lemonade after a long day in the parks.
Thank you so much!! We will be buying them then. I know we love the freestyle machines too. Being so close to epcot we will utilize the DVC lounge and enjoy it there.

Page 1915

JUST SWITCHED OVER! So excited to say I'll be at the Beach Club from 09/04 - 09/09 after switching from GDT. Happy that I can walk to Epcot/HS and cut some of my bus usage in half.

Is this in addition to the October trip or instead of?

:cool2:

I was just at the Marketplace this morning and can confirm that they have the hot cocoa machines, right next to the coffee station. Iced tea dispensers as well. Sweet and unsweetened.
Unfortunately, they swapped out the touch screen soda dispensers with traditional soda dispensers. No more creatively flavoring your magic cup drinks. My kids loved those machines, and I loved having a nice strawberry lemonade after a long day in the parks.
What? I was there last weekend and they had the touch screen machines

They removed the touchscreen soda dispensers from Beach Club Marketplace (we haven't visited since pre-pandemic so I don't know how long ago they did this); but we walked over to the Yacht Club Market and found them there. Kids were a little disgruntled that "the Yacht Club stole our good soda machines".

They removed the touchscreen soda dispensers from Beach Club Marketplace (we haven't visited since pre-pandemic so I don't know how long ago they did this);
The 2 Coke Freestyle machines at BC were replaced in Aug. 2020 when the BC Marketplace was remodeled.

We fully expect the 2 Coke Freestyle machines at the YC to remain operational until the Marketplace at Ale & Campus is next remodeled.

Dave

Hi. I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I can't find it. What time does Stormalong Bay close? We were supposed to fly in this morning and were canceled. I have a flight landing at 7 tomorrow night. Hoping for an hour or so of the pool. Thanks.

Hi. I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I can't find it. What time does Stormalong Bay close? We were supposed to fly in this morning and were canceled. I have a flight landing at 7 tomorrow night. Hoping for an hour or so of the pool. Thanks.

It was 11:00pm the first two weeks of August.

We are here now and last night it was 11:00pm. I didn’t look at the hours today but it hasn’t closed before 11pm the 6 days we have been here.

We are here now and last night it was 11:00pm. I didn’t look at the hours today but it hasn’t closed before 11pm the 6 days we have been here.
Thank you! I'm glad the kids will get some pool time. I'm thinking Ale and Compass for dinner poolside 😀

Page 1915

Is this in addition to the October trip or instead of?

:cool2:

Hey there! This is an additional trip -- I have one in September, and one in October. Originally I posted here about the October trip, but we've decided to jump from GDT to BC for the September as well. Can't beat 2 out of the 4 parks within walking distance while delta runs rampant.

Would anyone currently at the resort mind sharing the movies under the stars for the week? I saw Dee’s photo for August but the parks blog said there would be princess movies this week.

Just returned from a wonderful stay at the Beach club!!! We had two full pool days at the end of our trip on the 20th and 21st. We were in storm along bay from 10am until late afternoon both days and I will say we never had a problem getting a few tubes to float around the lazy river. Even when the line for the slide was all the way down the steps it was never more then an 8-10 minute wait. Saturday the 21st more crowded then Friday, but not terribly packed like I have seen at other resorts where they do not check your bands before entering the pool. We had a deluxe room and it’s now our new favorite room! We even decided for scenery to take the skyliner to hollywood studios from the back entrance to epcot one afternoon and found it very quick during the off hours (not park opening or closing so skyliner is a walk on). Loved the new beach club merch this trip like the tervis cup and baseball cap. Great souvenirs to remember this trip! Also the shower near the pool was awesome to freshen us all up before we started our road trip back home last night. The only negatives to this stay was there wasn’t a bounceback (I understand, but still past years it was always nice to book our next summer’s trip before we left) and the odd bus situation. One night we went to disney sorings by a full size charter bus…not very Disney ish. I almost thought we were boarding a bus back to the airport!! My kids missed guessing which theme bus we would get (the charter bus was plain, white, no audio message, it just felt weird), and we waited on the bus on return for several minutes until someone could operate the back gate, Seems the charter bus had no way to remotely activate it.

It was still 11pm as of the 21st (when we checked out).

The only negatives to this stay... and the odd bus situation. One night we went to disney sorings by a full size charter bus…not very Disney ish. I almost thought we were boarding a bus back to the airport!! My kids missed guessing which theme bus we would get (the charter bus was plain, white, no audio message, it just felt weird), and we waited on the bus on return for several minutes until someone could operate the back gate, Seems the charter bus had no way to remotely activate it.

We had that type of bus one night coming back to Yacht Club and the driver didn't know where to drop us off - we ended up at the convention center and had no idea where we were, thought we were at Beach because of the blue interior! Almost didn't get off the bus, then we followed a family that was as clueless as we were around until we found the usual entrance!

I was glad to have any bus at all, however, after reading some of the stories from July...

I'm so incredibly excited! Hubby turned 50 just a few months ago and we wanted to go to Disney for 4 nights to do the F & W festival mostly. First kid-free trip in 22 years! Anyway, we always, always stay at the YC or BC. Creatures of habit. The cost for the room was almost double what we paid 2 years ago. I just couldn't do it.... so we booked the Dolphin on June 8th for September 9-13. I just didn't feel that "magic" in planning... I can't explain it. Last night I was looking online and saw that a bunch of resorts have vacancies and the BC was lower than what it was when I first looked in June. I switched our rezzies to the BC!!! We'll be there in 18 days and the magic is back! I've been on cloud-9 all day! My happy place! <3

Would anyone currently at the resort mind sharing the movies under the stars for the week? I saw Dee’s photo for August but the parks blog said there would be princess movies this week.

ill try to remember to check tomorrow and report back but i believe tonight was cinderella, tuesday is monsters inc, and i think i saw princess and the frog another night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter