Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Is there a place on our departure day to shower off after using the pool? I wasn’t sure if they had opened them or not.

Page 1913

Hello, I haven’t paid much attention to the thread as I haven’t had a trip to BC/YC planned. However, I’m now considering a trip in August. Would anyone update me as to capacity at SAB? Are they still limiting the number of people allowed into the pool? If so, has it been capping out a ton?
I’m just debating on whether or not it would be worth it to pay to upgrade to YC. I love the hotel itself but the defining feature for me is SAB. If we couldn’t use it (we are not early risers), it would not be worth it for me to go.

:welcome: back!

Did you end up booking a trip here?

:cool2:

Glad to see you got to spend time with the wonderful Teena!

Can you add us to the list for Dec 3-15, 2022 (next year) at the YC water view and CL (when it becomes available).

Missed Disney last year and this year. Definitely want to be there during the 50th celebration!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Will do!

:cool1:

Glad to see you back, Dee! We just returned home from our trip yesterday and had an awesome time! We were at the Poly from Aug 9-14, so we were there at the same time I guess. I wish I would’ve seen you!

Sorry we didn't have a chance to meet up. I was at the Poly the night of Aug 11. We watched the fireworks from the beach, but we were not around the resort much other than that.

:flower3:

For anyone who knows, or can check, does Stormalong Bay have any clocks visible? I don't want to bring my phone, don't wear a watch, but would like to keep an eye on the time while I'm there. Thanks!

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

:thumbsup2

Hi Dee: Glad to have you back, helping us along with our stays and giving us advice. Can you add us to the be our guess list for YC WV and CL when available December 6 to 16th 2022. Praying things are better for all of us

Thank you!

Done!

::yes::

Bringing my 6 yr old daughter for her first Disney trip 9/18 - 9/25. ASM the first night then over to BC (standard view...there for the parks) for the rest of the time. It will be a birthday surprise two weeks prior to arriving. It has been super hard to plan it and not accidentally let her find out. 19 days until she finds out...not that the wife and I are counting!

Last edited:
Just back from a week at the Yacht Club and thoroughly enjoyed it.:boat:

The room was clean and mousekeeping came every other day and replenished towels and amenities.
We did not hear any barking dogs but saw a few four legged friends and they made me smile as they seemed very happy too.
We had a shower only room and whoever created the shower head deserves a Nobel Prize - it was a great shower.
We never saw trash in the hallways and the resort was clean throughout.
The location of the room was perfect - we were relatively close to the elevators, easy access to the marketplace, easy access to the lobby, and easy access to the quiet pool.

My biggest disappointment was Stormalong Bay (which was one of the reasons we selected the YC):
It was crowded, which I expected, but what it made it intolerable was the number of couples who treated it as the tunnel of love.
Numerous couples were compelled to hold hands while floating side-by-side in the tubes/chairs. This resulted in blocking in areas of the pool or making it nearly impossible to move.
The kids in the pool were well-behaved while many adults were not.

After that first night, we spent our time in the quiet pool, which was close to empty, and we had the hot tub to ourselves most evenings

Change of Plans, postponing our Family Trip until May 4 to 14th 2022, sad to miss the actual 50TH Celebration!

Just back from a week at the Yacht Club and thoroughly enjoyed it.:boat:

The room was clean and mousekeeping came every other day and replenished towels and amenities.
We did not hear any barking dogs but saw a few four legged friends and they made me smile as they seemed very happy too.
We had a shower only room and whoever created the shower head deserves a Nobel Prize - it was a great shower.
We never saw trash in the hallways and the resort was clean throughout.
The location of the room was perfect - we were relatively close to the elevators, easy access to the marketplace, easy access to the lobby, and easy access to the quiet pool.

My biggest disappointment was Stormalong Bay (which was one of the reasons we selected the YC):
It was crowded, which I expected, but what it made it intolerable was the number of couples who treated it as the tunnel of love.
Numerous couples were compelled to hold hands while floating side-by-side in the tubes/chairs. This resulted in blocking in areas of the pool or making it nearly impossible to move.
The kids in the pool were well-behaved while many adults were not.

After that first night, we spent our time in the quiet pool, which was close to empty, and we had the hot tub to ourselves most evenings
I was in the pool that night, and yes it must have been date night :joker:

Can someone tell me if they have the iced tea and hot chocolate machines as well as soft drinks for the refillable mugs? Trying to see if we will buy them again this time, but I don’t drink soft drinks, just tea and coffee. I usually only buy if they have the tea machine.

Iced tea is available. I don't know about hot chocolate. Hopefully someone who is there now can answer that. We did not drink a lot of soft drinks, but the machines had sparkling lemonade, which was refreshing after a hot day.

Iced tea is available. I don't know about hot chocolate. Hopefully someone who is there now can answer that. We did not drink a lot of soft drinks, but the machines had sparkling lemonade, which was refreshing after a hot day.
Regarding the hot chocolate, I think they did away with the machine a few years back. They introduced the single serve packets [Nestle I believe] which were stocked by the tea bags. So, the machine has been replaced with hot water and single serve packets.

They had a nice wooden box with a good variety of Twinings Tea, down hear the refill area. I regret I don't like hot tea, or I would've bought one of those boxes and filled it up with different flavors :coffee:

We just came back from a FABULOUS week at the Yacht Club. We have stayed at both the Beach Club and Boardwalk in the past, and I think we have a new favorite. I was a bit disappointed initially that our room request was not in the area we had requested (Wanted a high floor and were placed on the first floor), but in fact I LOVED the ground level patio as it felt more spacious. We had paid for a water view and it was lovely!

Was it the separate machine with the gold peak? I don’t do sugary drinks so the unsweetened tea and coffee are worth it for the mug for me. but without the tea, don’t know that coffee alone is.

Are there any spots around Crescent Lake where someone can sit and enjoy a cigar without it bothering too many guests? I am not a fan of camping out in the smoking areas right under guests rooms. Basically, are there any smoking areas around the lake (including the Boardwalk), that have a bench?

Are there any spots around Crescent Lake where someone can sit and enjoy a cigar without it bothering too many guests? I am not a fan of camping out in the smoking areas right under guests rooms. Basically, are there any smoking areas around the lake (including the Boardwalk), that have a bench?
There is a smoking area near the YC marina that has a bench. And there is a smoking area in front of the BC beach with a bench. Both of these are away from the resort rooms and have a nice view.

There is a smoking area near the YC marina that has a bench. And there is a smoking area in front of the BC beach with a bench. Both of these are away from the resort rooms and have a nice view.

Over the bridge and in front of Atlantic Dance, there are a number of benches and ashcans as well. Great place to take a cold beverage and sit to enjoy.

Not sure if it will ever return, but the best spot ever was on the YC veranda in front of Crews Cup/Yachtsman and overlooking SAB. It was removed during COVID and the NBA invasion and I don't think it ever returned. Hope springs eternal that it will once CC and Yachtsman reopen--it was still on the map last spring.

Almost forgot--at the Convention Center overlooking the Porte Cochere, there are benches under cover with ashcans. Ostensibly for convention goers, but those are few and far between these days. It is typically quiet and removed--again--great place for an out of the way cigar and beverage.

Over the bridge and in front of Atlantic Dance, there are a number of benches and ashcans as well. Great place to take a cold beverage and sit to enjoy.

Not sure if it will ever return, but the best spot ever was on the YC veranda in front of Crews Cup/Yachtsman and overlooking SAB. It was removed during COVID and the NBA invasion and I don't think it ever returned. Hope springs eternal that it will once CC and Yachtsman reopen--it was still on the map last spring.

Almost forgot--at the Convention Center overlooking the Porte Cochere, there are benches under cover with ashcans. Ostensibly for convention goers, but those are few and far between these days. It is typically quiet and removed--again--great place for an out of the way cigar and beverage.

Perfect.

Thank you both! :goodvibes

We've never stayed in the EPCOT area, but we're considering a future stay somewhere not-at-MK-resorts. I have a quick question about Beach/Yacht club.

Since COVID, we've been going to Disney Springs to get take-out or ordering food from a resort to bring back to eat on the balcony. On our last trip, we had one of the railing balconies at Polynesian and so we ended up eating our meals in the room. We had a nice view but it still got too confining to come back to the room to eat inside the room.

Is there a category at Beach or Yacht with either balcony or patio, something large enough to include small table/chairs? More specifically, do the water-view rooms at Beach Club all have either balcony or patio? I don't want to book a category that might have a balcony (like we did at Polynesian) but rather one that will have a balcony.

Thanks, all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter