Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We didn't get a chance to go to Stormalong Bay, unfortunately. My younger son was going to go on our first day until he found out he had to walk all the way around YC to get there. He joined me and his brother at the other pool and hot tub.

Can you, or anyone, explain more what this means? We stayed at YC in April but in August we'll be at BCV. I thought you could just walk from the Villas to SAB? Why would you have to walk around the YC?

Can you, or anyone, explain more what this means? We stayed at YC in April but in August we'll be at BCV. I thought you could just walk from the Villas to SAB? Why would you have to walk around the YC?
I’m not sure what they mean but you can absolutely go through the lobby, towards I believe it’s cape may and the lounge but not 100% and walk outside to where the pool and beaches and cream are. Edited to add pic because my explanation was poor lol.

I’m not sure what they mean but you can absolutely go through the lobby, towards I believe it’s cape may and the lounge but not 100% and walk outside to where the pool and beaches and cream are. Edited to add pic because my explanation was poor lol.

Actually your description is perfect, and exactly what I thought we would do. We walked to the BC Marketplace in April and that's exactly the way we went. I was worried that something was closed off recently.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Actually your description in perfect, and exactly what I thought we would do. We walked to the BC Marketplace in April and that's exactly the way we went. I was worried that something was closed off recently.

Thanks!
And just because I realized it after, when we leave the villas we actually usually take the path next to the line I put unless we are going to the marketplace. If you cut through the atrium I believe it’s called you can cut off all the congestion that tends to build in that area and you will basically end up in the lobby :)

And just because I realized it after, when we leave the villas we actually usually take the path next to the line I put unless we are going to the marketplace. If you cut through the atrium I believe it’s called you can cut off all the congestion that tends to build in that area and you will basically end up in the lobby :)

Thank you! This is our first time staying in the Villas so these tips are much appreciated :-)

There have been reports around WDW or arcades reopening yesterday/today'ish. If anyone is at YC/BC/BCV now and can confirm/deny, I'd appreciate it - thanks!
We just left yesterday and passed the arcade on our way back to YC and it had hours posted on it instead of the usual closed sign. I forgot to take a picture but it was definitely open :)

We are coming home in August. My dad has an ECV and mom a traditional wheelchair. Will only need buses to Disney Springs and Magic Kingdom. Are they utterly atrocious as far as wait times? We used to use Minnie van service a lot to avoid the buses but alas not happening this trip. Just want to prepare myself mentally for what I am up against lol

Checking in today. Looks like we were upgraded to Club Level…but does even mean anything right now? Not complaining at all but just didn’t think anything was being offered in club level. Anyone know anything different?

Checking in today. Looks like we were upgraded to Club Level…but does even mean anything right now? Not complaining at all but just didn’t think anything was being offered in club level. Anyone know anything different?
I think right now it just means your room is on the 5th floor. Still a nice treat. Keep us posted and let us know about it.

I’m assuming it means your room will be on the 5th floor. I have a club level reservation for July and was called last night reminding me that club is unavailable. I booked a suite and they asked if I wanted to downgrade to a regular room. I said no and he said that was fine but has to call and ask.

Any reports on the Gyotaku t-shirt craft? All I could find searching the internet were really old (like 2004!) reviews with little kids. Are they really painting dead fish and stamping the shirts? Trying to figure out if I want to tell my 17yo son and friends about it. They are obsessed with all things Japanese.

Is anyone here now that would like 2 unopened gallons of whole milk? We are checking out in an hour and our grocery order was doubled so we never even opened these. Have a half gallon of lactose free whole milk as well.

anyone heard any rumors about Yachtman Steakhouse opening back up? This is one of my favorites. Going in late September. I assume it, and retty much all the dining, has to be open by then, right?

not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i booked at BCV through disney (not points) for a 2 bedroom villa. is there anyway i would know whether it will be a lock-off or dedicated?

not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i booked at BCV through disney (not points) for a 2 bedroom villa. is there anyway i would know whether it will be a lock-off or dedicated?

Someone else may give you a better answer. My thought is to look at the description of the room.

2-bedroom (according to the DVC member website) (which people refer to as "Dedicated):
1 king-size bed (in bedroom # 1)
2 queen-size beds (in bedroom # 2)
1 queen-size sleeper sofa (in the living room).

2-bedroom Lock-off (according to the DVC member website):
1 king-size bed (in bedroom # 1)
1 queen-size bed (in bedroom # 2)
1 double-size sleeper sofa (in bedroom # 2)
1 single pull-down bed, 29" x 67" (in bedroom # 2, note that this is smaller than twin size)
1 queen-size sleeper sofa (in the living room)

A 2-bedroom Lock-Off is a studio and a one-bedroom with a connecting door. Sometimes they are assigned as a 2-bedroom; sometimes they are assigned to separate guests as a studio and a one-bedroom.

So if the description says 2 queen-size beds: that's a Dedicated.

Currently the description I see on DisneyWorld.com for cash reservations is:
1 King Bed and 2 Queen Beds and 1 Double-Size Pull Down Bed
or
1 King Bed and 2 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa

That sounds like a dedicated because of the 2 queen beds. But as far as I know, BCV does not have any double-size pull down beds, so I don't know why that appears as an option.

To further confuse things: The DVC member website does not use the term "dedicated."
It refers to "2-bedroom Villa" and "2-bedroom Lock-Off Villa."
So if you are talking on the phone to someone at Disney reservations and you use the term "dedicated," that term might not appear in the wording that they see. If they are not personally familiar with DVC rooms, they might not know what you're talking about if you say, "dedicated."

DVC members book a 2-bedroom Villa or a 2-bedroom Lock-Off Villa. Those are booking categories, not preferences.

Last edited:
I think right now it just means your room is on the 5th floor. Still a nice treat. Keep us posted and let us know about it.
We checked in on Wed. and the same thing happened to us. Got standard view club level. It really is just the 5th floor - lounge is down the hall but closed. We have a nice view of trees, which I’m very happy about since it’s standard.

anyone heard any rumors about Yachtman Steakhouse opening back up? This is one of my favorites. Going in late September. I assume it, and retty much all the dining, has to be open by then, right?

We were there last week and when I walked through Yacht Club, no action over at the Steakhouse. Fingers crossed for you for September!

Here now! Beautiful 4th floor lake view overlooking the gazebo. No complaints at all (I know, what am I even doing here?!) Except I would love the marketplace to open a bit earlier than 7. Lots of training CMs and everyone's so friendly. Definitely can tell they're trying to keep up. Restaurants here and at parks still have empty tables blocked off (because of staffing according to our server at Skipper Canteen-- both kitchen and servers. She asked if any of us wanted a job lol). Crowds are hot and sometimes very wet from rain but cheerful and excited to be here!

No. And our CM server at Cape May Cafe's self-proclaimed home was "Artist Point" at WL. Which is a similar TS as Yachtsman Steakhouse, and she specifically told us that she has not heard any information about Artist Point reopening. She said she was grateful to get back to work at WDW, but you could tell in her tone of her voice she missed her "home".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter