• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

If it helps at all, I stayed at Yacht Club in April. I have a nasty bad back. Both my traveling companion and I both had no problems at all with the beds.... as evidenced by her snoring..... LOL
😂 great to hear! Lolol …. Honestly I think it’s more the price that’s making me nervous. $700 -$800 plus a night for the room is hurting my head! But I realize there’s a price to pay for location, I just was expecting that price to be for club rooms, now I’m nervous to actually see when club rooms open for bookings how much more a night they will be!! If it’s $8-900 I’ll probably be moving my reservation as I can do a lot with that extra $4,000 or so it will be…. That would more than cover all our food for our trip!
glad to hear you enjoyed the resort ♥

😂 great to hear! Lolol …. Honestly I think it’s more the price that’s making me nervous. $700 -$800 plus a night for the room is hurting my head! But I realize there’s a price to pay for location, I just was expecting that price to be for club rooms, now I’m nervous to actually see when club rooms open for bookings how much more a night they will be!! If it’s $8-900 I’ll probably be moving my reservation as I can do a lot with that extra $4,000 or so it will be…. That would more than cover all our food for our trip!
glad to hear you enjoyed the resort ♥
Well, everyone has to choose their own way of "doing Disney". YC is our favorite resort, and we will be back Feb. 2021.

I've done Club level twice, once with hubby at Boardwalk, and once at Yacht Club as a solo traveler, but that time I got a deeply discounted special offer.

We used it for breakfast, which was very handy, and evening drinks if we got back to the resort early enough. But otherwise, I'm not sure the "value" was there for us and our touring strategies. But everyone is different and may have other criteria for choosing it.

I'm not sure, based on our past experiences, that I would pay full price for it again, though. Maybe if I could get another really really good special offer.....

Where is the closest place to the BC/YC to rent a car for the day? It looks like the car rental over at the Swan/Dolphin is closed last I looked, is that still the case?
We need a car so we can go look at some homes!!! We have always planned on moving to Florida but the time line has moved up quickly, like we’ve already sold our home and we need to buy one ASAP. We are having a heck of a time though. The market is crazy.

My family of 5( me, dh, 2 teens, and 3 year old) is staying at the Yacht Club in July and when I originally booked I didn't add any requests because I just assumed all the rooms had daybeds. Now I'm over thinking. Should I brave the long hold waits to request 2 queens and a daybed? Or is this unnecessary? If the room is booked for 5, will we be automatically assigned enough beds?
You should be assigned a room with a daybed. Most of the rooms have daybeds and they have to provide enough beds for everyone on your reservation. :)

Where is the closest place to the BC/YC to rent a car for the day? It looks like the car rental over at the Swan/Dolphin is closed last I looked, is that still the case?
We need a car so we can go look at some homes!!! We have always planned on moving to Florida but the time line has moved up quickly, like we’ve already sold our home and we need to buy one ASAP. We are having a heck of a time though. The market is crazy.

The car care center by MK. They will pick you up at the resort.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/car-rental-services/

Is there any word or hint on when HH at SAB will open back up? Do they serve drinks at the pool or at that bar in any capacity at the moment?

We will be at BCV by end of July.

Is there any word or hint on when HH at SAB will open back up? Do they serve drinks at the pool or at that bar in any capacity at the moment?

We will be at BCV by end of July.

Hurricane's Hanna's is open and has been for a while. Drinks are no problem as the bar is open. The menu is still limited as I do not think they have re-opened the grill yet.

Hurricane's Hanna's is open and has been for a while. Drinks are no problem as the bar is open. The menu is still limited as I do not think they have re-opened the grill yet.

This is great news! For some reason I thought I remembered reading it was closed, must have been old or incorrect though. Either way, glad to hear this. Thank you!

my sister is at the pop today. she approached pop bus line to MK at 6:17 a.m. and there was a line already formed probably at six a.m. She didn't make the first bus, she got the second bus but by 6:30 the bus line to MK this morning was all the way far back. I thought 6:30 was a proper time to get to the bus for MK RD if it's an 8 am official opening time. Six a.m.?!!! This seems to be getting too much, no?

This is great news! For some reason I thought I remembered reading it was closed, must have been old or incorrect though. Either way, glad to hear this. Thank you!

hi! Can confirm, HH is open for drinks! Got here yesterday and was able to get a drink but as someone else mentioned, they are limited and currently not doing grilled items

hi! Can confirm, HH is open for drinks! Got here yesterday and was able to get a drink but as someone else mentioned, they are limited and currently not doing grilled items
I believe you are right. It's open, sure...but not like what we're used to. I believe I read that there is limited to no bar seating and there are few if any tables to sit and eat.

is the marketplace area togo in the evening only for mobile service or can i walk in and grabngo a sandwich?
Both the BC and YC marketplaces have CM's at the cash registers and you can pick up your food and drinks whenever the marketplaces are open. It isn't "mobile order only" like many of the other resort quick service locations that we have been to.

I thought 6:30 was a proper time to get to the bus for MK RD if it's an 8 am official opening time. Six a.m.?!!! This seems to be getting too much, no?
No actually parks have been opening 45-50 minutes before posted hours so MK would have opened about 7:10-715 for and 8 AM posted opening.

Dave

Just got back after a week there and some observations and answers to some of the questions:

- had a great time back at BCV...our home DVC resort
- SAB was busy but never saw or encountered a single line to get in and always could find a spot. Maybe it wasn’t the “perfect” spot but there were always chairs and usually in the area we wanted them with our preferred mix of shade and sun
- HH‘s is fine but still a shadow of its former self. Really need to open the grill side plus the self-service drink machine, add back the tables/chairs near HH to eat that have been removed, plus open the HH bar for people to sit at (come on, I mean we can safely sit at the Wave around the bar but not outside at HH‘s???). The wait staff working the pool area were very busy and doing their best to take and deliver food orders but moving a good chunk of this volume to the grill would help them significantly plus not make it so long to get service
- SAB showers next to the “main” SAB bathrooms are still closed
- gardens and flowers are beautiful...resort is super clean and fresh
- when your need a meal and don’t have a reservation, consider Ale and Compass Lounge (If you can’t get A&C Waitlist). They serve the full A&C menu (just ask), the atmosphere is great, and food really good. It was a godsend during the downpour last night that caught many who commented earlier that prevented our plans to hit the Epcot food kiosks.
- we also had a great late breakfast at the A&C restaurant on our pool day. We initially had Cape May reservations but switched as everyone decided we would go with quality over quantity. :)
- with this said, I frowned heavily every time we walked past the closed Crews cup. Just really missed that place as a lounge for both food or a drink
- never actually saw the ice cream spot open at the BW....can we have the B&C window back???
- this is a question I posted a while back, but no Longboard on draft at HH. They said that is Poly-only now but they did have it in bottles. Draft selection was often very limited in fact and sometimes was just 1 selection ( bud light)
- our experience was International gateway yesterday opened at 10:17 letting us through
- didn’t see the yoga in the activity board but can’t say with certainty that it’s not back

overall the family (me, my wife plus 4 teens aged 15-20) loved our time at the resort.

We check in to BCV next Monday, and I’m so happy to be going back! Maybe a weird question, and I did search here and online but found different answers. As far as I know, the DVC rooms still use the traditional coffee makers. I usually bring my own coffee and I’m trying to figure out how much I need to roast beforehand. If they use the pods, I’ll have to figure something else out.

We check in to BCV next Monday, and I’m so happy to be going back! Maybe a weird question, and I did search here and online but found different answers. As far as I know, the DVC rooms still use the traditional coffee makers. I usually bring my own coffee and I’m trying to figure out how much I need to roast beforehand. If they use the pods, I’ll have to figure something else out.

The DVC rooms have drip coffee makers.

BCV still uses the traditional "Mr. Coffee" type coffee makers. For the most part all villas are equipped with a 12 cup coffee maker, however I have been in studios that had the smaller 4 cup coffee maker. A quick call to housekeeping got us upgraded to the 12 cup coffee maker. So, roast away and don't forget the filters!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter