Beaches & Cream Walk-Up Window
Hurricane Hanna’s Hot Food & Walk-Up Window
Campfire Activities
Motorized Boat Rentals
Lafferty Place Arcade
Pirate Adventure Cruise
Ship Shape Massage Salon/Spa Services
Stormalong Bay Pool Showers

... as things yet to reopen. Am I missing anything?

For what it's worth - I just check the restaurants and Cape May still is not listed in the total list of restaurants; filtering on Beach Club it still says "unavailable" even though it's available past May 18; if people don't read the DIS news (and other sites) they would think it has not set an opening date.
Under "My Plans" in MDE, "unavailable" is listed right beside my Cape May ADR. Kind of funny . . .

...not by design. According to my DS, who did his DCP there [BC/YC], it is mainly through the constant movement of the water that it winds up getting located over the entire area of the pool, but, for the most part, it is really for where [my photos] indicate. Many folks don't even know this interesting fact: because of the amount of water and the square footage of SAB, Florida considers it a water park - that is why no pool-hopping is allowed at this particular pool and daily wristbands are issued at the gates.

Sorry, that’s not correct. I have been staying at Y & B for well over 20 years. The areas you indicated aren’t even physically connected to the main pool areas. And the main pool areas have had sand for the whole 20+ years we’ve stayed there. It has been advertised as a sand bottom pool for years. There is an area that used to be labeled “bubbling sands” & another area that was “sinking sands”.

I'm "late" in posting this (busy this weekend getting ready for Mother's Day) but I did manage to get Cape May reservations for our trip - 11 people (split in reservations for 6 and then 5)

I saw on the board someone saying it opened before 6am eastern, but that oddly was not my experience. It wasn't listed in the main list of restaurants; when I filter on Beach Club it was but still said unavailable; I clicked on it anyway and when I tried to get a reservation it said nothing available for any day I chose for any time.

I went back to bed and woke up at 6:30 central (7:30 eastern) and was able to get the reservations we wanted.

One "tip" that worked for others. If you filter on "dinner" it limits the suggestions to later in the time period. It had the only ones available at 7pm

But when I specifically chose an earlier time I got 5:00pm

And later in the day it STILL didn't list Cape May in the main list and still said unavailable in the Beach Club filter.

Less than perfect execution on their part but it all worked out. We're happy!
This was almost my exact experience when I made my Cape May ADR.

So we’re down to.....

Yachtsman
Crew’s Cup
Campfire Activities
Motorized Boat Rentals
Lafferty Place Arcade
Pirate Adventure Cruise

Ping Pong table at Dunes Cove Pool [BCV].
Pool Table in the Drawing Room [BCV].
Weekly "Fun Runs".

And yes, this is why I’m a self confessed room snob. CL is usually how I book and always LV. Last minute trip and all that was available was SV. I also had to walk three miles from the elevator. That’s a roof outside my balcony in case you can’t see. Won’t be spending much time in this room. $500/night

For what it's worth - I just check the restaurants and Cape May still is not listed in the total list of restaurants; filtering on Beach Club it still says "unavailable" even though it's available past May 18; if people don't read the DIS news (and other sites) they would think it has not set an opening date.
Under "My Plans" in MDE, "unavailable" is listed right beside my Cape May ADR. Kind of funny . . .

that seems to be the pattern with the restaurants as they open. They will continue to say unavailable until the actual opening day, even though you can book future ADRs.

So we’re down to.....

Yachtsman
Crew’s Cup
Campfire Activities
Motorized Boat Rentals
Lafferty Place Arcade
Pirate Adventure Cruise

Hannahs Grill is just a necessity in my mind. Surely it will open with Beach Club. But Crew Cup is our favorite night time spot.

In three Yacht club trips this year, I never got trash removal, towels or toiletries without requesting. Three stays at Saratoga as well, totally different story. Trash removal everyday and refresh every other day. I have complained to guest services with my last stay @ GF in April. The overall cleanliness of rooms is really suffering. A between guest cleaning doesn't cut it for me.

we have had so many issues like you speak of at the grand as well. We love it there but I won’t stay there again until the rooms are renovated and management changes it’s a shame because it’s a beautiful resort and you pay top Dollar for it but I ageee with you have had similar issues written guest services and had same
Issues there so it will be awhile before we stay there again too

My daughter's friend was just called back to work at Hannah's Grill for beach club opening...he has been out of work since last year...
They CMs that work at Hannah's are all so great and the ones that work serving guest at the pool . I have over the years got to know several of them . I will be back at the end of June till mid July and look forward to seeing them all .

Is Hannah's only available to those in Stormalong Bay? I can't recall but I believe you have to be inside the pool area to order from there -right?

Is Hannah's only available to those in Stormalong Bay? I can't recall but I believe you have to be inside the pool area to order from there -right?
No. You can access/approach from the main walkway. Or at least used to be able to.

It is open to anyone and is accessible from the walkway that runs parallel to Crescent Lake, between the BC and YC.

Everyone who has complained about housekeeping-right there with you. Suggestion-email DIsney guests services. Another thread has asked people to do this. If enough people complain about lack of housekeeping, maybe it will inspire them to bring back housekeeping in the resort rooms. You can still opt out if it makes you anxious.

We have a Deluxe room booked in July. Housekeeping has never been great for us in BC but these reports, along with the wait times to get into SB, are really concerning. We could save almost $2k by staying at the BWI and I'm seriously considering the switch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter