Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

@Wood Nymph,

Love your live or almost live updates and answers while you are enjoying your visit to the world. Thank you again for all your comments, real world experiences and your willingness to share with us.

Your helpful great pictures are just an added benefit. Sounds like you on on schedule for another great weather week for this trip.

Dave

Cape May is a tradition for us as I've said - but then again it was when it was a buffet; everyone in our party is excited to go back there - but I think the price of the crab legs will be a shock; still - it's not like Disney is a value driven vacation as it is.

My late brother in law LOVED Cape May and the last time we were there we all talked about him in memory; sure we will do that again AND some crab legs in his memory (his favorite, along with the chowder).

If it weren't for that, we might try Ale and Compass - seems to be highly recommend.

How have the parks crowds been lately? Sometimes the numbers in the middle of the day don’t look too bad, but wondering just how bad the lines really are. I know it’s a gamble to wait for some sort of FP to return, but starting to doubt how enjoyable a summer trip will be with lines for everything.
Thanks for any recent observations.
So I was there March 19th to the 27th. I thought it would be better without FP because at least everything would be even. It honestly was terrible. Unless you are there first hour, which really means like an hour before the park really opens (not sure why Disney doesn't honor actual opening times) then the lines are all an hour long or more. I was there during a busy time so it might be a little better other times, but we found it was best to go in the morning and get whatever we could get in before the lines were ridiculous and then go back to the pool until say 3pm or so when the lines would start to get back to reasonable.

Have to admit, the sand bottom skeeves me out a bit......do they have a cleaning process? I'm always worried I'm going to get bandaids or old hair ties between my toes. 😮

Have to admit, the sand bottom skeeves me out a bit......do they have a cleaning process? I'm always worried I'm going to get bandaids or old hair ties between my toes. 😮

Not sure what they do these days, but way back in the day before they had the fence around the pool so you could enter the area any time of day, we used to see SCUBA divers in there super early in the morning picking up debris from the bottom. I have to imagine they've come up with a more efficient way since then! :rotfl:

They have a machine to clean the sand at Storm Along Bay. We saw them cleaning it the other day. It looks like some sort of pump that sucks in the dirty sand and spews out the clean sand. They have been doing it this way for years.

Could use a reminder from anyone there now or recently. What’s the status of the HH walk-up window and drink refill station?

:thanks:

I woke up a little before my alarm was to go off this morning and thought "Cape May ADR" and grabbed my tablet and was able to get an ADR for Cape May on our arrival night (Memorial Day). Normally we'd go over to Disney Springs on our arrival night, but with it being a holiday, I think it's likely to be pretty busy. I thought staying at the resort would be a good idea. So glad to see more restaurants opening up!

Just booked a last minute trip for next week at YC after seeing DHS open up with park reservations. Only resorts available were GF, Bay Lake, and YC and only standard view at YC. I guess we are going to be doing a lot of mobile order since I don't see very many dining reservations available at all!!

Could use a reminder from anyone there now or recently. What’s the status of the HH walk-up window and drink refill station?

:thanks:
I think I asked my "source" about the walk up window. I remember a response that had something to do with them getting the grill ready but they haven't set a date for reopening yet, at least the source hadn't heard of one.

On another popular topic - I have been checking the men's and women's pool showers next to Beaches and Cream everyday and they are still closed. The unisex bathroom/shower is open with a sign on the shower that said that it was not available. But someone could use this room for changing their clothes. It has a toilet, sink and bench, along with the closed shower.

Just booked a last minute trip for next week at YC after seeing DHS open up with park reservations. Only resorts available were GF, Bay Lake, and YC and only standard view at YC. I guess we are going to be doing a lot of mobile order since I don't see very many dining reservations available at all!!

Just a tip - the Beach Club marketplace has been pretty much empty and they have a much bigger selection of food than the Yacht Club marketplace. That will change when the Beach Club opens on May 30th but right now it is our preferred place to grab food. :)

I'm sitting on our balcony right now, waiting for Epcot to open early. We have heard that it opens around 10:10am. We are all packed and ready to go home. This is our fourth, and last, trip with Covid restrictions. This was also a very hot trip and wearing a mask in this heat is awful. It was fine when it was cooler out, like in January. ;)

I think I asked my "source" about the walk up window. I remember a response that had something to do with them getting the grill ready but they haven't set a date for reopening yet, at least the source hadn't heard of one.

On another popular topic - I have been checking the men's and women's pool showers next to Beaches and Cream everyday and they are still closed. The unisex bathroom/shower is open with a sign on the shower that said that it was not available. But someone could use this room for changing their clothes. It has a toilet, sink and bench, along with the closed shower.

Just a tip - the Beach Club marketplace has been pretty much empty and they have a much bigger selection of food than the Yacht Club marketplace. That will change when the Beach Club opens on May 30th but right now it is our preferred place to grab food. :)

I'm sitting on our balcony right now, waiting for Epcot to open early. We have heard that it opens around 10:10am. We are all packed and ready to go home. This is our fourth, and last, trip with Covid restrictions. This was also a very hot trip and wearing a mask in this heat is awful. It was fine when it was cooler out, like in January. ;)

Thank you, this is very helpful information, taking 15 of my extended Family to Yacht Club next week. Three generations of us and I’m really worried about my older parents and the young children wearing masks in the heat and not being able to hydrate enough. Well, I’m really worried about A LOT of things regarding this trip, I’m getting a bit bonkers about it.

Anyway, if you have any tips about masks in the heat, pls share. We are planning on taking mid-day pool breaks and have enough two layer, cotton masks for 5 each per day but starting to worry that this is going to be a problem.

I hope that you have a wonderful trip and TY!!

I woke up a little before my alarm was to go off this morning and thought "Cape May ADR" and grabbed my tablet and was able to get an ADR for Cape May on our arrival night (Memorial Day). Normally we'd go over to Disney Springs on our arrival night, but with it being a holiday, I think it's likely to be pretty busy. I thought staying at the resort would be a good idea. So glad to see more restaurants opening up!

I got Cape May breakfast for 6/3, my pool day at YC. I thought about it for the one day I actually plan to rope drop Epcot, but I tend to prefer breakfast ADRs on resort days...I’m too anxious and minding time to have a leisurely meal and enjoy myself on park days. I don’t mind the lack of characters, since I will have 2 character meals this time (Garden Grill and I switched out my Kona dinner on Memorial Day for Chef Mickey’s today).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter