Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Never stayed in any of the Epcot resorts but am gravitating toward Yacht Club for a April 2021 stay. The rooms look very nice and the location has many positives! Any pros and cons I should be aware of for booking A stay at the YC resort? Thanks

YC/BC are just really convenient resorts. Can’t go wrong being able to walk to 2 parks. Everything being in one building is nice for those Florida rainstorms. SAB is a great pool, most call it the best on property.

Crescent Lake is a fantastic area to stay at, you’ll be really spoiled. Besides the proximity to Epcot and the Studios there’s a ton of great table service options, between BWI, Swan & Dolphin including some really nice signature dining that hopefully will be open again soon. The Skyliner also gives you access to RIV options for dining as well. And the Boardwalk is a gorgeous area at night.

Probably the biggest con to me would be the weak QS options...if you want a quick bite at the resort you don’t have much to choose from. I like the pool bar best tbh. Also depending on where your room is it could be some kind of trek to the lobby, hallways upon hallways. YC/BC also definitely have some bad room views in Standard View, like the infamous ugly rooftop views, so if that matters to you definitely book another category.

Never stayed in any of the Epcot resorts but am gravitating toward Yacht Club for a April 2021 stay. The rooms look very nice and the location has many positives! Any pros and cons I should be aware of for booking A stay at the YC resort? Thanks
In the past the only downside would be when there were convention groups at the YC. It can make for a crowed resort and at the bars and restaurants in the evenings.

Who knows how the convention business will be by April. Personally I hope that is the issue we will complain about in April, I look forward to it at this point.

Dave

Though the B&C walk-up window currently is closed, a Disney blog, which is not allowed to be named on the DIS, is posting that they recently were able to get a B&C Christmas Cookie Butter Milkshake at Martha’s Vineyard’s “to-go counter.”

Can anyone confirm that Martha’s Vineyard is now doing ice cream offerings usually found at the walk-up window at B&C? The two locations are only one or two minutes away from each other. Disney’s website menu for Martha’s Vineyard does not show any ice cream offerings.

I need everyone's thoughts and suggestions for a moment.
Back Story- We were due for a 8 day, 7 night "bucket list trip" staying in a villa at the Poly June 2021. We are not DVC members or anything like that...we wanted a villa, booked it and THEN found out about the hotel being closed etc. So DH suggested we change to a 6 day, 5 night trip with one visit to each park (because again, even though we have hopper tickets already we weren't sure it was coming back) we are happy and thankful for even the half day at this point! SO, I booked a Deluxe studio at BC (1- the hotel was still closed when booked and 2- the Villa was only a few buck more over a YC room). I got back of about 1200.00 bucks since less nights and different location.
WELL, this weekend DH made a small side comment the other night how vacay to him leaves "us" no "private time" since DS is 16 and is sleeping in the same room. Grant you...this is how it's always been on ANY vacay. Well, my wheels started turning and I was thinking... IF they offer 35% off Villas during the time we are going then I might be able to move into a 1 bedroom at about the same price of the standard studio I currently have booked. The difference in price right NOW is about 1,000.00 more BUT when I go in to look at prices the 1 BD is open to book but the deluxe studio is sold out. So here is where I need you wiser and more experienced folks in bookings to chime in:
1- Should I change from the deluxe studio to the 1 BD and hope for the best on when the 35% rate comes along? (I would NOT tell DH until we get there and open the door for him to figure out we have our own bedroom)
2- Keep the Deluxe Studio and pocket any extra savings I get since this was more of a "scaled down/shorter trip" and DH is aware of what vacays and private time is?
3- Wait for the 35% off rate to be posted, look at the actual numbers and HOPE to get a 1 bd at that point and hope I can move the booking to a 1 bd without paying anything more towards it?

Please no side comments on us getting "private time" when our son is at the pool or grabbing food and yes, we get in a "quickie". Our son is 16 and we have navigated all the work arounds in the past, DH just wants more of a relaxed, intimate time with me and not one of those "Was that the key in the door" or in this case with everything electronic "was that the door opening" moments, LOL

THANK YOU for anyone and everyone's thought. We have never stayed in the Epcot area resorts, this will be DH & DS's 3rd WDW trip so no matter what it will be a trip worth remembering!

Back Story- We were due for a 8 day, 7 night "bucket list trip" staying in a villa at the Poly June 2021. We are not DVC members or anything like that...we wanted a villa, booked it and THEN found out about the hotel being closed etc. So DH suggested we change to a 6 day, 5 night trip with one visit to each park (because again, even though we have hopper tickets already we weren't sure it was coming back) we are happy and thankful for even the half day at this point! SO, I booked a Deluxe studio at BC (1- the hotel was still closed when booked and 2- the Villa was only a few buck more over a YC room). I got back of about 1200.00 bucks since less nights and different location.
WELL, this weekend DH made a small side comment the other night how vacay to him leaves "us" no "private time" since DS is 16 and is sleeping in the same room. Grant you...this is how it's always been on ANY vacay. Well, my wheels started turning and I was thinking... IF they offer 35% off Villas during the time we are going then I might be able to move into a 1 bedroom at about the same price of the standard studio I currently have booked. The difference in price right NOW is about 1,000.00 more BUT when I go in to look at prices the 1 BD is open to book but the deluxe studio is sold out. So here is where I need you wiser and more experienced folks in bookings to chime in:
1- Should I change from the deluxe studio to the 1 BD and hope for the best on when the 35% rate comes along? (I would NOT tell DH until we get there and open the door for him to figure out we have our own bedroom)
2- Keep the Deluxe Studio and pocket any extra savings I get since this was more of a "scaled down/shorter trip" and DH is aware of what vacays and private time is?
3- Wait for the 35% off rate to be posted, look at the actual numbers and HOPE to get a 1 bd at that point and hope I can move the booking to a 1 bd without paying anything more towards it?

Please no side comments on us getting "private time" when our son is at the pool or grabbing food and yes, we get in a "quickie". Our son is 16 and we have navigated all the work arounds in the past, DH just wants more of a relaxed, intimate time with me and not one of those "Was that the key in the door" or in this case with everything electronic "was that the door opening" moments, LOL

THANK YOU for anyone and everyone's thought. We have never stayed in the Epcot area resorts, this will be DH & DS's 3rd WDW trip so no matter what it will be a trip worth remembering!

Of the choices you list, I would go with # 3. Keep the studio and watch for discounts on the 1 bedroom.

# 1 could completely backfire on you. If you drop the studio and book the 1 bedroom at full rack rate, hoping for a future discount, you might discover that Disney does not offer a discount on the 1 BR for the dates you want, and the studios might be gone if you try to switch back.

If Disney does offer a discount on the 1-bedroom, you can make a decision at that time.

Also, I personally love the BCV studios, but there are others who would prefer a YC room to a BCV studio. Those people would question your booking a BCV studio and being happy that it was only a few bucks more than a YC room. If your son wants a real bed rather than a sofa bed or a smaller-than-twin bed that pulls down from the wall, then YC might be better for you.

Perhaps you should be keeping an eye out for a discount on a YC room and on a BC room rather than just pondering BCV studio versus BCV 1 BR.

Also, if you aren't booking BCV because of Stormalong Bay, then you might want to keep an eye on BWV studio and BWV 1 BR prices as well.

(And if somebody starts down the, "You should rent points!!!" rabbit hole, keep in mind that many owners and renters got, um, taken advantage of (I wanted to use a not very nice word) by a rental company which people thought was reputable. If you are going to rent points, assume you cannot cancel and get your money back for any reason - and that includes the hotel being shut down.)

Last edited:
Of the choices you list, I would go with # 3. Keep the studio and watch for discounts on the 1 bedroom.

# 1 could completely backfire on you. If you drop the studio and book the 1 bedroom at full rack rate, hoping for a future discount, you might discover that Disney does not offer a discount on the 1 BR for the dates you want, and the studios might be gone if you try to switch back.

If Disney does offer a discount on the 1-bedroom, you can make a decision at that time.

Also, I personally love the BCV studios, but there are others who would prefer a YC room to a BCV studio. Those people would question your booking a BCV studio and being happy that it was only a few bucks more than a YC room. If your son wants a real bed rather than a sofa bed or a smaller-than-twin bed that pulls down from the wall, then YC might be better for you.

Perhaps you should be keeping an eye out for a discount on a YC room and on a BC room rather than just pondering BCV studio versus BCV 1 BR.

DS is actually looking forward to the drop down twin (I think that was appealing about the Poly room) he is a smaller 16 yr old that is why I went with the studio AND if he decides after the first night he would rather have something else to sleep on, he has the sofa bed. WIN-WIN in my book! Now given the option of more room and his own TV with the 1bd I know he would opt for THAT over the drop down twin. But I like your thinking on going for the 3rd choice and hoping when/if they offer the discount on a 1 bd that there is still one to be grabbed if the price it right! Thank you!

Last edited:

DS is actually looking forward to the drop down twin (I think that was appealing about the Poly room) he is a smaller 16 yr old that is why I went with the studio AND if he decides after the first night he would rather have something else to sleep on, he has the sofa bed. WIN-WIN in my book! Now given the option of more room and his own TV with the 1bd I know he would opt for THAT over the drop down twin. But I like your thinking on going for the 3rd choice and hoping when/if they offer the discount on a 1 bd that there is still one to be grabbed if the price it right! Thank you!

Okay, you've contemplated the bed situation. The pull-down bed in the BCV studios is smaller than a twin.
The pull-down bed is 29" x 67"
A twin size mattress is 38" x 75"
Photos here include the pull-down bed: https://www.dvcstore.com/blog/a-photo-tour-of-a-beach-club-villas-deluxe-studio/
That thing that looks like a table under the TV is actually what supports the pull-down bed.

If you will only keep the 1 bedroom if you get a discount, there is no reason to book one now. Having a room booked will not give you any advantage if a discount is released. Disney only allots a certain amount of rooms for the discount promo. You would still need to call or change your reservation online, the price adjustment isn’t automatic. So you would have the same chance of getting a discounted room if you have a room already booked it not. You need to keep checking for a discount to be released & act quickly when they are.

If you move to the 1 bedroom now & act too late on trying for a discount, you will be booked in that 1 bedroom at rack rate with potentially no lower priced room available to move to. The typical Dis board wisdom is book the room you are comfortable in/ paying for. If a discount comes out, you can try to upgrade. But it isn’t advisable booking a more expensive room than you are willing to pay for in hopes of getting it discounted later.

Quick cabana rental question: how far out can they be booked? We’re looking for a Saturday in March & don’t want to miss it. Is it 60 days right now too? I tried calling but CM said computer wouldn’t let it go thru. He said it might be too soon but wasn’t clear on when they could be booked. Thanks!

Quick cabana rental question: how far out can they be booked? We’re looking for a Saturday in March & don’t want to miss it. Is it 60 days right now too? I tried calling but CM said computer wouldn’t let it go thru. He said it might be too soon but wasn’t clear on when they could be booked. Thanks!

I “think” recreation experiences like cabanas are 60 days at the moment, if I’m not mistaken.

Though the B&C walk-up window currently is closed, a Disney blog, which is not allowed to be named on the DIS, is posting that they recently were able to get a B&C Christmas Cookie Butter Milkshake at Martha’s Vineyard’s “to-go counter.”

Can anyone confirm that Martha’s Vineyard is now doing ice cream offerings usually found at the walk-up window at B&C? The two locations are only one or two minutes away from each other. Disney’s website menu for Martha’s Vineyard does not show any ice cream offerings.

AFAIK, you can get the cookie butter shake (not sure if any other shakes are available) but not the ice cream offerings. And you have a server there so you'd need to tip them for the service.

Merry Christmas Eve from Stormalong Bay where it is a balmy 76’!

With all the tips and tricks we have had a lovely stay! The YC feels empty and quite relaxed.

It’s been a totally different trip with no DDP, no EMH and no FP but sometimes different is ok. Mask compliance is high and social distancing in lines is pretty good. The longer your stay, the better you get at standing on the markers in line. The parks have been manageable (saw most of our faves) to busy

We’ve had very good to excellent service everywhere. Dining has been very good as well. We are saddened by the amount of locations (resorts & restaurants) that are still closed....the Boardwalk is a ghost town.

overall, we’ve had a fantastic time and if $$ and time off we’re unlimited WDW would our travel destination of choice for the next year....

Merry Christmas Eve from Stormalong Bay where it is a balmy 76’!
Sounds lovely there today. I just hope you survive tonight / tomorrow night / Saturday night. We have warning for falling iguanas from the weather service. When the weather drops below 45 degrees they start falling out of the trees.

Note: they are not dead just hibernating since they are cold blooded. Once it warms up they will become active again.

Dave

Merry Christmas! It is now 50’ and feels like 46’!

MK in the early am was chilly but fun...and we had a huge & tasty chicken & waffle brunch at the GF cafe.

ducked out to Disney Springs and it was crazy crowded and not well distanced at all! After staying a scant hour, we are headed back to our comfy bubble/YC!!

merry Christmas!

0C9EB3E6-50B6-48C8-8116-A31F1FE5772B.jpeg

Page 1734

I am always able to get the BTN when I am at the Boardwalk. I believe it is channel 25. When you scroll through the channels, it says it is something else (like CBS Sports), but it is actually the Big Ten Channel.

:welcome: to posting on this thread, and thank you so much for the helpful information!

:goodvibes

Which resort would you choose for best accessibility, Yacht Club or Beach Club? My dad was in a bad car accident several years ago that injured his spine, and while he can walk with a cane I want to rent him a scooter for when we are at WDW. Ideally, I would like to walk to Epcot, Skyliner to HS, and monorail or maybe bus to MK (once all of these are up and running again). Which resort would you pick, and any building preferences? I'm open to booking a villa direct through WDW if it's more convenient. I would hope for us to get ground floor too. Thanks!

:welcome:

Let us know if you book a trip to the Yacht or Beach Club resort.

:thumbsup2

One reminder for when you go: with an ECV, you will need to exit from the lobby (not really that far) to use the ramp. All of the other exits down the hall open to steps. There are photos ion the first page as well from Beach Club rooms as well. They were not necessarily handicapped accessible, but show that ECV’s fit in the rooms fairy well. We needed the roll in shower since Pop (88) broke his leg last year and uses a wheelchair now instead of a cane in the room.

As always, excellent information, especially for people who are travelling with someone who is mobility-challenged.

::yes::

FWIW, I think YC is a bit easier to navigate in terms of the hallways feeling a bit more spacious. It also feels like each time I stay at BC, the lobby is cluttered with people, displays, etc., much moreso than YC. Hope that helps

Thank you so much for sharing this observation.

:thanks:

For anyone who has been at Stormalong Bay this month- have you seen the characters out and about at poolside? Does it seem to be a regular, or more of a random thing?

:mickeyjum:goofy::donald:

Hello all! I haven’t stayed at Yacht Club in a few years and booked a trip for the end of next month with the really great AP room discount. Without trying to dig through a dozen pages, what’s the bus situation like? When we stayed before YC and BC shared buses, but with limited capacity I’m going to take a big guess that they aren’t sharing right now? How’s getting a bus early before park open? I’ve seen those nightmare Pop photos of huge lines and we definitely had to wait longer than usual for a bus at Saratoga in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter