Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I’ve never seen a deluxe room for YC pop up on then poking site. How do you book it?

I’ve never seen a deluxe room for YC pop up on then poking site. How do you book it?

This is one of those things I can never remember, but I have in my head that there are only a couple of Deluxe Rooms at YC. Like literally, just a few. It’s not like BC where there are several and it’s a bookable category.

I always have trouble understanding the color coding on the YC room map @natebenma has posted here, but from what I can tell it confirms there are very few: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-on-page-1-post-1-13-14.3400342/post-53451102

Caveat that I’m not totally confident that I’m right with the above.

I've tried researching through this thread but info and photos on the Yacht Club deluxe rooms is outdated and vague at best. From what I can tell there are 2 deluxe rooms at YC, but there are no current or even old photos of the deluxe room. The photos here that are supposedly of the deluxe room 3201 (or renumbered 3209) have a separate bedroom so I don't think those photos are actually of a deluxe room. Has anyone stayed in a YC deluxe room recently and do you have photos? Does it contain 2 Queen beds plus a daybed? And where are the deluxe rooms located? From the map I saw, it looks as if they may overlook Stormalong Bay. Is this the corner that is over Cape May? I've heard of complaints of seafood odors in rooms above Cape May, so definitely take that into consideration. Of course, Cape May may still not be open by that time. We are booked in a BC deluxe room for end of May, but BC won't open until May 30, so I'm trying to narrow down my options, either do a split stay for the first half of the trip, then move to BC, or just move our reservation to YC deluxe. So any info out there on the YC deluxe rooms?
Though the YC Deluxe room category does not show as an available category to book online, you should be able to book by calling Disney's Central Reservations.

The website does show photos of a typical layout of a YC Deluxe room. Though the Deluxe room is labeled as having Club access, I believe that perk was dropped a couple of years ago.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/r...EC-WDWShareEmailroom-yj-g00#slideShow=1/0/6/0
The photos posted, though, just look like the standard layout, not Deluxe.

Here are photos of BC Deluxe layout:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/r...EC-WDWShareEmailroom-ws-g08#slideShow=1/0/8/8

Last edited:
So I guess it’s not a bookable category? I’ve seen that you can book it at the BC. Do some people just get a lucky upgrade? Thanks for the info. I’m still hopefully for YC CL returning. I miss it.

Need opinions from the other YC/BC lovers out there...

We currently have YC booked for the MK anniversary week, Sept 28-Oct 5. Sept 30, Oct 1, Oct 2 park days are all at MK, but we’d likely hop to Epcot or somewhere else for the evening at least two of those days. When staying at YC, we tend to walk to DHS and Epcot, and uber to MK (contemporary) and AK. We love YC, and pretty much everything about it.

DH is worried that the Contemp will be closed off that weekend, and we’ll be stuck with the buses or ubering to the TTC. Now that WL is opening, he asked about whether we should swap over there for that trip, so we could boat to MK and uber everywhere else. The other advantage to WL would be king beds as a bookable category and freshly renovated rooms. However, any time we stay anywhere else we miss the convenience of the YC location and the fabulousness of SAB.

Thoughts? Should we stay with what we love and risk transportation woes, or swap to our second choice hotel but guarantee easier transportation for the three MK days?

I would definitely split stay. Especially if you got 3 days in a row at MK.

We just got back from our first split. It was 3 resorts solely due to the great availability out there. Started at CCV then moved over to BCV and finished off at AKV. So we were blown away at CCV. Amazing resort, restaurants and proximity to MK.

The only thing we liked about BCV was the ability to walk to EP and HS. Stormalong Bay was out of this world, but the fact you needed to walk outside the pool area across pedestrian traffic for the slide was horrible. Poor design. Some sort of bridge or stairs would have been much better. We also stayed in the green building which felt like a mile away with some never ending hallways. One of our favorite restaurants is Cape May Cafe which is closed so I’m sure that played a role in our not so great experience.

Finishing at AKV put the icing on the cake! Stunning resort and architecture. Even with Jambos restaurants closed we still enjoyed Sanaa and the proximity to AK.

As it relates to the Cape May discussion, when we were onsite at YC in midNovember we noticed several nights there were sticky notes on the tables at Cape May despite it being closed. I asked one of the managers on duty at the BC and she said they’d been toying with seating, social distancing, etc to see how it could work when they hopefully reopened in late December or early January.

We had booked for YC for Dec 2021 (as BC wasn't an option at the time) and my plan was to switch to BC when it became available .... but we've decided to stick with YC for now (being the first bus stop seems good since our main grumble with BC was bus service.)

For those who have stayed YC do you find it noisier in the room with the hard floor than BC with the carpetted floors (since carpet acts as a sound dampener and doesn't reflect noise as much)?
I really like the floors in YC. Our room is so much quieter than the BC room we once had. Floors are easier to wipe if necessary and better on my allergies. Difference in view maybe, staying ground floor at YC right now garden view and this room has no connecting door. I wonder if we even have neighbors, actually. Maybe it’s not full another reason? Stayed only once at BC and it was paper thin walls, connecting door, and a standard view.

Hello all! We are new to the BC/YC area. We are thinking of taking a quick trip down in early January. In looking online I’m finding yacht club garden view rooms, beach club villa rooms and boardwalk villa rooms. I noticed that yacht club it looks like the entire respite is open but the other two only the villa areas are open. Is one preferable over the other? Is there anywhere to eat at beach club? Are the villa only resorts less crowded in a good way? Or are they empty and creepy? Never stayed in the Epcot area, but my kids are older now and we do more Epcot and DHS than MK so the move makes sense.

Hello all! We are new to the BC/YC area. We are thinking of taking a quick trip down in early January. In looking online I’m finding yacht club garden view rooms, beach club villa rooms and boardwalk villa rooms. I noticed that yacht club it looks like the entire respite is open but the other two only the villa areas are open. Is one preferable over the other? Is there anywhere to eat at beach club? Are the villa only resorts less crowded in a good way? Or are they empty and creepy? Never stayed in the Epcot area, but my kids are older now and we do more Epcot and DHS than MK so the move makes sense.

Any time you are considering a DVC (villa) room, you need to make sure you know what the bed configuration is, and whether that works for your group. When the website says that a DVC room "sleeps" a certain number of people, that does not mean everybody gets a real bed. It can include sofa beds, small pull-down beds, larger pull-down beds, and sleep chairs.

This link to the official Disney website tells you which hotel restaurants are open:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/dine/#locations
Keep in mind that if you are staying at BCV, you can pop over to YC. When thinking about what restaurants are open in your hotel, you should be thinking of YC as well as BC.

It's also a nice walk for all of the Epcot area resorts (Swan, Dolphin, Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club) so there are options outside your own hotel as well.

I haven't been there since the pandemic started, so I can't answer your question about how the resorts feel these days.

Hi Dee,
Not unlike many others, I had to make changes to my upcoming trip. Instead of my daughter joining me in January, my husband is accompanying me February 21-26. Still at the YC. It will be a different trip, but daughter would have quarantine rules in January and I can’t wait until summer, so I’m dragging DH along In February.
I enjoy reading about others trips and plans. {sigh}
-Sandi

I'm just chiming in to say how happy I am to see this thread gaining momentum again! To all of those with trips scheduled or just planning hope everything goes well for you! I'm less than 3 weeks away from a 7 night BCV visit so looking forward to running the 1/2 marathon the Festival of the Arts.

I'm officially calling our trip "Not Dopey". But excited to experience Festival of the Arts for the first time!

As it relates to the Cape May discussion, when we were onsite at YC in midNovember we noticed several nights there were sticky notes on the tables at Cape May despite it being closed. I asked one of the managers on duty at the BC and she said they’d been toying with seating, social distancing, etc to see how it could work when they hopefully reopened in late December or early January.
Oh my goodness, if Cape May was magically open for our trip next month my husband would do a dance of joy. But again, it would probably be last minute and I can't handle not being able to plan for that.

Is there anywhere to eat at beach club? Are the villa only resorts less crowded in a good way? Or are they empty and creepy? Never stayed in the Epcot area, but my kids are older now and we do more Epcot and DHS than MK so the move makes sense.
The Beach Club Marketplace is open and not crowded in a good way. We stayed at the Yacht Club and it was not crowded, either. Many of the rooms at the Yacht Club have two queen beds and a sofa bed. A deluxe studio at a villa only has one queen bed. The rest of the sleeping surfaces are sofa beds or Murphy bed. The YC is more comfortable than a deluxe studio, imo. The rooms have been updated and have plenty of storage space, unlike the studios.

Does anyone know why the B&C window is closing? Why would they do this when BC is going to reopen & Ample Hills is permanently closed? It doesn’t make sense to me. Thoughts?

My total guess would be how relatively crowded/tight/borderline chaotic that area sometimes is - maybe just more CMs/guests/etc all in one place than they want to deal with and they’d rather keep the space open for the outside tables they’ve been using for B&C and sit-down guest check-in. Just speculating though.

Last edited:
Oh gosh I hope it’s temporary! I will admit that I’m spoiled and can get Ample Hills at home so the B&C window is more the “Disney ice cream” to me...I always make a stop during Epcot or Studios days. I hope they can figure it out if it is a safety thing.

Never stayed in any of the Epcot resorts but am gravitating toward Yacht Club for a April 2021 stay. The rooms look very nice and the location has many positives! Any pros and cons I should be aware of for booking A stay at the YC resort? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter