Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Since our Poly dreams for next May were dashed, me and my partner are making lemonade out of lemons and are looking to change probably to YC for the second half of our split stay. This was originally a 10 day trip for this past May that we postponed until next and stretched out to 2 weeks. The first week we will spend at GF.

I really enjoyed my solo weekend at BC this past November and my gf has never stayed in the Crescent Lake area before (I grew up staying at the Dolphin on family trips). It was just too cold when I went to really enjoy SAB so I am really looking forward to it. My only concern is the hallways on hallways layout...it felt like it took forever to get to my BC room. Not sure which room category would be most helpful to avoid that.

We've only had a king room once in our YC travels, but it had a full sofa. We really loved this room. Pics below (from 2019). 5th floor, room 5151

Attachments

• IMG_6376.jpeg
    IMG_6376.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_6380.jpeg
    IMG_6380.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6382.jpeg
    IMG_6382.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_6383.jpeg
    IMG_6383.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6386.jpeg
    IMG_6386.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6428.jpeg
    IMG_6428.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 59
We are headed to the Yacht Club in August 2021, though we’ll switch to the Beach Club if it opens. Can anyone who’s been there recently give me an idea of what the hours are currently for Stormalong Bay?
They were 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM on 12/5 when we were there. I see that 10:00 PM closing time getting earlier as the weather gets cooler. I think they may open at 9:00 AM and close at 11:00 PM during the summer months.

Does anyone know how the King rooms are configured at YC? We (2 adults) stayed in a king room at BC and had one king bed and a sofa and coffee table in the room. That set-up was perfect for us and we are hoping for a similar set-up at YC.

(Some photos online showed a king bed with a single chair and ottoman).

Thanks for your insight.
I've had both configurations at YC.

Does anyone know how the King rooms are configured at YC? We (2 adults) stayed in a king room at BC and had one king bed and a sofa and coffee table in the room. That set-up was perfect for us and we are hoping for a similar set-up at YC.

(Some photos online showed a king bed with a single chair and ottoman).

Thanks for your insight.
We just stayed in this king room in November. The balcony was right above the smoking area, that was the only draw back. But only if you plan on using the balcony.

So I was unfaithful and spent Thanksgiving 9 days at Universal RP. Fun but Disney has my heart ❤. Booked BCV for 6/25-7/2. Another girls only trip for my daughters and I. Hoping annual pass offerings will be back in action in 2021. Curious to see the Marketplace refurb and kick back and lounge at SAB.

Hey @Ferrentinos - hope all is well and that this trip happens for you. I’ve been a few times since reopening and they have been great trips. Different, but great.

We’ve either been driving of flying/renting a car too. When there, we’ve been using a combo of Disney transport and driving ourselves, depending on the destination, conditions, etc. I’d like to think I know WDW property pretty well, but I still have to put the destination in Waze (or similar mapping app). Signage usually leads the way just fine, but I find with all the twists and turns (especially around the Epcot resorts and with all the newer roadways leading to DHS) I don’t mind having Waze as a guide too.

For morning coffee, I like the Keurigs in the YC rooms. The coffee is Joffrey’s, which to me is decent. I do prefer to make it with bottled water though, the tap water is kind of icky IMO. You can call housekeeping from the room and they’ll bring extras if needed. Otherwise The Market at Ale & Compass opens at 7am and you can get coffee there. They generally want you to mobile order, but if I’m not mistaken I think you can still walk-in as usual (I think, not totally sure).

We’ve been CL to GG converts during this mess. With GG you pick your delivery window, 8-12, 12-4, or 4-9. But you don’t need to be there so it doesn’t really matter. Bell Services will store things until you arrive (and keep refrigerated/frozen items in their coolers as needed). When you arrive, you can either pick them up yourselves or call from your room for delivery.

Caveat, I ‘assume’ (although don’t know for sure) that there will still be some form of Bell Services at that late hour. May be a skeleton crew or you have to ask at the front desk, but I don’t think they just shut down completely. Even these days people are often arriving/departing at all hours. Would love to know what you experience on your trip in case I’m really off here.

Side note, I was over-ambitious with my refrigerated items on our last stay a few months ago. The YC fridges are pretty darn tiny (and of course no freezers) - we could barely fit everything in.

For car rentals at MCO, in case you don’t know - they are only using the Terminal A side at the moment.

Hope that helps and hope you get to go!

Thank you so much for your response and good to "see" you! We have moved our flight up a few hours which means we arrive at 6pm instead of 10pm so that's exciting - booked an Epcot park reservation since it is open until 10pm to stop in for a quick treat from the booths when we arrive :-). We are supposed to fly in on FRIDAY! Unless our state shuts down again, we'll be there! Can't wait to feel that Disney magic again. It has been way too long!!!!

So I was unfaithful and spent Thanksgiving 9 days at Universal RP.
IMHO you were not unfaithful, just mixing it up a bit. 😉

BTW I took your earlier advice and booked a split stay for my early June trip. Now I can walk to MK, EP, and HS for RD. I booked 3 nights at CR and 5 nights at YC. I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

Do we need cash to tip our cabana server or will we have the option to add it to our bill?

This one is sometimes a debatable topic, and of course there’s no right or wrong when it comes to tipping habits, but I’ll tell you what we do.

You generally interact with two people during a cabana rental. One is a recreation CM - they set up the cabana, check you in, bring the sodas/water for the fridge (stocked pre-COVID, upon request at the moment), bring the fruit tray in the AM and desserts in the afternoon, and will generally check in on your during day. The other is a food/beverage CM - they are the ones taking food/drink orders.

For the food/beverage CM, they will keep a tab open so you can pay and add the tip with your preferred payment method just like if you were at a bar/restaurant.

That leaves the recreation CM. There is no financial transaction that occurs with this person, so if you opt to tip it needs to be cash.

Personally, I tip both CMs. When I’ve said that in the past someone will always be quick to come on here and say “the recreation CM is not a tipped position.” I don’t really know if they are or not, nor do I really care. If you’re going to bring waters all day, keep the fridge stocked, bring fruit and treats, and generally be a host for the day, you’re going to get a tip from us.

Just my two cents on the topic. :goodvibes

It seems to me that at one time, there was an understanding that CMs shouldn't be tipped, except for food service or housekeeping folks. I don't know if that's true, or if it was true at one time, if it's still in effect. There was even a process they could go through of refusing a tip, and that they were supposed to refuse twice, but if pressed the third time, they could take it.

To me that's rubbish. If someone performs a service for me, especially if they go above and beyond, they deserve more than a simple "thank you" (which they deserve as an absolute minimum).

Back when the Minnie Vans were first starting out, and a real bargain, we were told by each driver that tipping wasn't necessary. However, we persisted, and in the end, each did accept the tip.

Our routine now is when someone has done something very special for us, if it is not a time that would be appropriate to tip, we take a photo of their name badge, (I'm terrible at remembering names), after making sure that badge is really that person, and when we get home, we send a note in to guest services listing each CM and explaining what they did to help ensure we had a great trip. (I also make sure to note anything that I felt could be improved, as far as parks or resorts, even if CMs are not involved. I call it my "good, bad, and ugly" list). Each time I have done this, I have always received either a phone call or a note back thanking me for taking the time.

Disney is a special place for us - as it is for most of the folks who fall in love with it. They go through good and bad times too, and as a business, have to make some hard decisions about the best way forward. Anything I can do to help those who have gone the extra mile for me or my family, I will try to do.. Maybe it's because I want the magic to always be there, but I also do it because I know that often many acts of kindness go unnoticed or unacknowledged... I just want to try to point out to the powers that be that I did notice, and I appreciate it.

IMHO you were not unfaithful, just mixing it up a bit. 😉

BTW I took your earlier advice and booked a split stay for my early June trip. Now I can walk to MK, EP, and HS for RD. I booked 3 nights at CR and 5 nights at YC. I am so excited I can hardly stand it!
Awesome!!!! Make sure you let me know how it goes !!! ❤️

Well, our airline just effectively canceled our January trip for us, changing dates to shorten the stay and making flights connecting with huge layovers. Sigh. So no January YC for us. Will try again in February. And March. And April. We’ll just keep booking trips until one of them actually takes place.

On the bright side of things, I just booked Aulani for January 2022, for a week long stay following our Hawaiian cruise, for our 25th anniversary. So, more planning and reading to occupy my Disney dreaming time. We will see how their lazy river and pool complex compare to SAB.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter