Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

They are completely sold out tonight at the villas according to the CMs at the front desk. We never received our room text and as it turns out they were running behind with room inspections. We were able to go to our room around 5:45PM. Everyone has been very nice and and it does not feel nearly as weird as I thought it would with the current situation. I’m just glad to be here!

I've just booked for our honeymoon (Covid bride on my third date for my wedding so everyone fingers crossed!). We've booked 8 nights in September 11-19th. We were really torn between here and French Quarter, however a pretty great deal came up for UK guests finishing on the 12th Sept so we just decided to go for it! 2 nights free and $200 gift card. So pretty excited! Last time we were at Disney was 2016 in ASMu and we were poor new graduates, so it's quite an upgrade for us!

Hopefully we'll get to go!

Congratulations!!!!

We will be at the Yacht Club one week from today - as long as nothing goes wrong before them. I have been so hesitant to believe that this trip is actually going to happen that I only reserved the Magical Express a week ago. And I started to buy my discounted Disney gift cards with the 5% discount from Target for the balance due on the resort room and for food and other purchases. Mask compliance is very good in our community and we have been extremely careful. One week to go and we will see what happens. :)

We will be at the Yacht Club one week from today - as long as nothing goes wrong before them. I have been so hesitant to believe that this trip is actually going to happen that I only reserved the Magical Express a week ago. And I started to buy my discounted Disney gift cards with the 5% discount from Target for the balance due on the resort room and for food and other purchases. Mask compliance is very good in our community and we have been extremely careful. One week to go and we will see what happens. :)

I am really hoping you get to go because you really deserve it!

And I know you will get lots of great intel and pictures around the resort.

:goodvibes

Is a one bedroom villa at Beach Club worth it? Or stick with studio. I am traveling with a 13 year old and 15 year old and my husband. I know if we do villa we will have more space but we would bring an air mattress. A studio sleeps 5- so we are good- but it is small. What are your thoughts?

Is a one bedroom villa at Beach Club worth it? Or stick with studio. I am traveling with a 13 year old and 15 year old and my husband. I know if we do villa we will have more space but we would bring an air mattress. A studio sleeps 5- so we are good- but it is small. What are your thoughts?
From a square footage perspective a 1BR is roughly twice the size of a studio; 726 SQFT [1BR] vs. 356 SQFT [Studio]. From an experience perspective, the studio might be a little tight for you but is definitely manageable. You have the 1 Queen bed, pull out couch [double] and the one small pull down bed. With all in operation space is limited in the center of the room but navigation is doable. From a practicality perspective, if you don't plan on spending a lot of time in the room and are looking to save dollars/points I think you'll be okay with the studio. Each studio also has a balcony/studio for extra escape space!

So pleased to say that I booked Yacht Club for October 17-23, 2021 as part of a split stay. We’ll be starting off at Pop on October 12th. We’ve never stayed at either resort and it’s our first Deluxe resort. Hopefully, things look better this time next year.

We booked a Garden View room. Any suggestions on any requests we should make?

We’ll be there a week from tomorrow! And I agree, it still doesn’t feel like it’s actually happening. Starting tomorrow, I work every day between now and then, with the exception of Wednesday, so we are shopping today and I’m struggling to get into the right headspace to make sure we actually get everything we need.

The Canada/US is not reopening yet, so our November YC trip has been moved to March 26-31, 2021. Sadly, rack rate for the spring is insane, so we’re currently booked at CSR. Hopefully a discount will come out and we can move back to YC.

Our December dates have shuffled a bit, we’re now YC GV, December 4-9th. Maybe the border will be open by then. I’ve got fingers, toes and everything else crossed. But, just in case, we’ve added Jan & Feb trips too. Something has to work out.

And, since I’ve been so gloomy about all the cancelled trips, DH said to book for the MK 50th, so I’ve at least got that to dream about if all the earlier trips fall through.

So Dee, please make the following BOG changes...

Nov 13-18 YC GV - cancelled
Dec 4-9 - YC GV
Dec 11-15 - BCV 1 bdrm - cancelled
Jan 29-Feb 2 - YC GV
Feb 19-24 - YC GV
Mar 26-31 - CSR (until an AP discount gets released, then it‘s YC GV)
Sept 28-Oct 5 - YC GV for MK 50th

Thanks!

I made the switch today from 7 nights at Poly Studio to 5 nights at BC studio. Why you might be thinking..b/c the Poly was our bucket list trip in 2020 at CL which got cancelled. The more research I did I realized I would prefer to do something that puts us within walking distance to two parks. DH suggested a "shorter" visit next year then in 2024 we will try doing the bucket list trip again. I'm happy with the decision we made and am now again "getting excited" about the trip. I know it will be different but at least we will have to option to walk to parks if we choose. I am also keeping my 7 day tickets with hopper since when I move it to a 5 day (without hopper) it would have cost more. I am HOPING hopper comes back by then...but we shall see! SO yes, I am now stalking this board and soaking it all in!!

Not confirmed and nothing currently running/announced, but maybe a glimmer of hope on the Friendship Boats.

IMHO- open no later than mid-Nov.

See, we moved from YC to Riviera because of the lack of boat transport. Me watching the boats running people to/from YC whilst I am confined to the Buckets of Death in the Sky would just be so #2020 😂

Currently booked at YC for 10/31 but will probably cancel due to travel restrictions still in place where we live - we have a backup booked in December at YC for a shorter trip, but at least it would be a trip! Hopefully all will magically fall into place for that trip as we have already canceled multiple trips for 2020 already (as many of you also have had to do!) Just joining in here as I'm trying to stay hopeful that we will get to visit in 2020!

This is a game changer for us!! She will be so excited!! THANK YOU!!!!
We just got back and for the first few days, because of the boards, I told my kids to avoid the waffles, but they just couldn't resist and it turns out that everywhere we ate them at Ale & Compass and the Wave and other places the kids and my husband said they were amazing and just as good as before, if not better! Enjoy them and don't worry about the naysayers!

We just got back and for the first few days, because of the boards, I told my kids to avoid the waffles, but they just couldn't resist and it turns out that everywhere we ate them at Ale & Compass and the Wave and other places the kids and my husband said they were amazing and just as good as before, if not better! Enjoy them and don't worry about the naysayers!
Same here! We avoided them but one kid gave in and tried them on our last day at Ale & Compass. Not sure if they use the mix or not, but they looked normal to me and he liked them!

We will be at Beach Club Villas 10/27-10/31. We start our stay at POP on 10/24. We can not wait!

Another question for everyone. We are planning on doing grocery delivery when we arrive at POP. When we transfer to BCV will any cold items be stored properly? OR should we consider doing two deliveries, one at Pop for non perishables and then any cold items when we get to BCV?
We just got back from BCV. We had a minor issue with our first BCV room and got switched to YC for one night. The morning of our switch back to BCV we took our groceries to bell services ourselves to make sure they got refrigerated. When we got back to BCV that night, they had delivered our luggage and placed all the cold items in our refrigerator.

Question about take out for Ale and Compass restaurant. Does anyone know how that works? Do you mobile order or have an ADR? Curious as we have ADR's but if we are not comfortable with indoor dining if we can ask for our order to go.

It looks like our trip to the Yacht Club, Oct 25-30, might actually be happening. I'm starting to get used to the idea that we are actually going to WDW soon. :) I am a little worried about the lack of dinner time dining choices in the Epcot area, though. We used to just walk into Epcot for some of our meals and that is out. We also used to count on Crews Cup for at least one meal, and that is out. So is Cape May. We have a lunch reservation at Beaches and Cream, our first time eating there in years, so that is good.

Has anyone had any experience with ordering from room service for dinner? This might be an option one night.
I haven't read through all the posts since returning, but we ate breakfast many mornings at Ale & Compass and it was wonderful. We had dinner at Il Mulino and currently, if you are interested, they have a special going on there through 10/31 called Magical Dining where they are offering a $35/person pre fixe menu with an app/entree/dessert. You can go on the magical dining website to find the participating restaurants, this was the only one by BC, but there are other participating restaurants in Disney Springs.

Only a couple of us ordered off the pre fixe menus but we were all pleasantly surprised with Il Mulino. The kids and I couldn't get enough of the mussels, they were out of this world.

We also ate at Bluezoo and it was good. Not mind blowing, but all our fish was fresh and they had interesting takes on certain dishes. I'm personally not one for mixing meat with fish, which they do a lot of there. The steak there was good and everyone loved the NE clam chowder.

Forno Italia breakfast was off for us. I just can't wrap my head around tomato sauce with breakfast, although the pancakes were good (very different). They inadvertently served my husband a raw egg there instead of 2 poached eggs...one raw...like totally raw...and one poached.

We did lunch at beaches and cream. We had higher hopes for this one because when we rented a cabana our first day, we ordered some burgers and a chicken sandwiches and they were absolutely out of this world. I asked our waitress where they came from and she didn't know but we saw them on the Beaches and Cream menu. I'm thinking now maybe they came from Martha's Vineyard or somewhere else because they just weren't as amazing, but we still enjoyed Beaches and Cream and the No Way Jose sundae was wonderful as usual! The jukebox was working until some bratty kids came up and started banging on all the buttons. My 5 year old wanted to tell them to stop and that they were being bad, in hindsight, I almost wish I let her so that the music would have continued, but it stopped after that and they never put it back on.

If you have questions about any particular dishes at the close by restaurants, we ordered almost all of them (we had a large group with us), so feel free to reach out and I'll tell you how they were.

We went to The Boathouse the first night and parking was honestly impossible. Don't drive there whatever you do. We got lucky, but that is a long story and I really thought I was going to have to drop everyone off and leave them there and go back to the resort to take a bus, that's how bad it was!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter