Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

[/QUOTE
I guess it was good for us that they waited so long to announce SAB opening because we bowed out and booked Rivera in a 2 bedroom preferred and we got major pixie dust upon check they upgraded us to a 3 bedroom GRAND VILLA!!. We are here extremely loving life right now Covid and all. Rivera is wonderful and the villa has surpassed all expectations.The villa is really luxurious and amazing, the food at primo piatto and topolinos is excellent and the kids are loving the pools here. Rivera also has that great smell in the whole resort similar to the YCBC It is really lovely. We have stayed at YC the last 5 years in a row and it still holds my top spot as a resort on the whole but Rivera is definitely now closely Tied for top Spot with YC too. And I was one of the skyline naysayers but the Kids love it and think of it like it’s another ride lol. The only bad thing is now how can I go back to staying in a standard room again. 🤣🤣

I’m hoping someone can help me out. We’re planning on walking from BCV to HS. Does it matter which way we walk (towards boardwalk / towards swan & dolphin)? Is one route faster than the other?

I’m hoping someone can help me out. We’re planning on walking from BCV to HS. Does it matter which way we walk (towards boardwalk / towards swan & dolphin)? Is one route faster than the other?
We take the route past YC/Swan and Dolphin. I'm not sure if it's faster, but I know we always beat the boats from DHS on foot that way.

Personally, if I were staying on the Epcot side of BC or in BVC, I would take the route in front of BW and then cut through the clown pool area.... if you look at a map, it might make sense to go past S/D if you were staying in YC or on the YC side of BC, but I think it's shorter to go the other way if not.

Attachments

• BW-BC.JPG
    BW-BC.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Shortcut.JPG
    Shortcut.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 47
It is a little shorter if you are staying in the BCV's to take the sidewalk closest to Epcot when leaving the villas and then cross the Boardwalk bridge. It is not shorter if you are staying at the Yacht Club. :)

The actual total physical distance is almost the same but depending on the time of day each choice offer an advantage of shade as you will quickly find out depending to time of year. In the early morning not much difference.

Dave

If you're walking around the YC/Swolphin side where does the path actually go/cross the highway? It's not clear on the maps.
Not sure what you mean about "cross the highway" but here's the map if you were taking that route - over the bridge then follow the same path....

Edited to add path from S/D

Attachments

• S-D-YC Path copy.jpg
    S-D-YC Path copy.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 28
  • S-D-YC Path copy1.jpg
    S-D-YC Path copy1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 26
If you're walking around the YC/Swolphin side where does the path actually go/cross the highway? It's not clear on the maps.
Yea you don't want to try to walk around and walk along East Buena Vista. The paths from the BW side and the Swan side both officially merge at the area just behind the Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance building (top yellow circle) from there it goes under East Buena Vista (lower circle) just before entering the HS area near the new bus zone.

HS Connector.jpg

Dave

just to clarify what other people have said, the Epcot resorts are located around a lake. You can head left toward Epcot or right toward the Dolphin, but you are not near or over a road or highway.

Does anyone know what the operating hours are for the revised in-room dining menu? Trying to find out for a poster on the restaurant board.
I asked the private dining cast about hours and availability yesterday and was told:

breakfast is available 730-11am
dinner is available 5-11pm

Serving both the YC and BCV.

I have not seen anything in writing so hopefully this is accurate.

Here you go, this is what has been shared so far.

Dave

If anyone happens to be staying this weekend, I'd love to know how the crowds look at Stormalong Bay. We have a cabana booked for next weekend to kind of guarantee us some out of the way space to ourselves but based upon what I'm seeing here from this past week, it looks like the cabana might not be necessary. Thanks in advance!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the help!

Personally, if I were staying on the Epcot side of BC or in BVC, I would take the route in front of BW and then cut through the clown pool area.... if you look at a map, it might make sense to go past S/D if you were staying in YC or on the YC side of BC, but I think it's shorter to go the other way if not.

Thank you. The info and pictures were very helpful. I took screenshots for reference for this weekend. 🙂

Maybe too much of “high touch” surfaces?
Are they taking them out of ale & Compass market too?
The two Freestyle machines are still at the A&C Market, but they, as well as the entire length of that wall, are blocked from gaining access. A CM serves beverages to guests, instead.

If anyone happens to be staying this weekend, I'd love to know how the crowds look at Stormalong Bay. We have a cabana booked for next weekend to kind of guarantee us some out of the way space to ourselves but based upon what I'm seeing here from this past week, it looks like the cabana might not be necessary. Thanks in advance!
Me too! We are staying next month and would love to know how the re-opened Stormalong Bay is working out.

From the previous page:

The pool has been pretty empty the past 2 days. These are pictures from this morning. Only a handful of chairs taken and plenty of umbrella tables available.

Aug 2020 1.jpeg

Aug 2020 2.jpeg

Aug 2020 3.jpeg

Thanks for the pictures, @momof2halls

:fish:

The two Freestyle machines are still at the A&C Market, but they, as well as the entire length of that wall, are blocked from gaining access. A CM serves beverages to guests, instead.

Can you still pick from the choices in the Freestyle machine, or is it just standard Coke products?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter