Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hanna's opens on the 24th as well AFAIK. Marketplace is down for rehab starting the 22nd or 23rd and so that drink refill location will be gone. They are moving into the Solarium with G&G offers and no standard hot meals.
Where is the info on the Marketplace closing located? It's not on the website anywhere..

Thanks for the input. It is a cash reservation. When I make a request by calling in, I donā€™t put anything in the online check-in requests. This time around, we havenā€™t called in any requests. I wanted to research the resort more before deciding if we even wanted to request anything since I know so little about it.

Iā€™ve read about issues being near elevators, so thatā€™s never my choiceā€¦LOL. My options in online check-in seem to be regarding floor levels:
Ground Floor
Highest Floor
Upper Floor
King Bed (not sure why this is even in the list)
Lower Floor
Near Elevator

Guess we just need to decide if floor level is important to us or not. Either way, I know requests arenā€™t guaranteed anyway. We may just wing it this time and go with where ever we are placed.

Mid-pandemic, I might want a low floor so that I wouldn't have to use the elevator. Normally, I don't like the ground floor; I always feel like someone is going to break into my room from the outside. (That is not a comment on the safety of Disney hotels, it is insight into my nightmares, which probably is TMI.)

Is YC opening back up then too, I wonder? If so, the Ale & Compass Market would be open.....for quick breakfast and shopping

Mid-pandemic, I might want a low floor so that I wouldn't have to use the elevator. Normally, I don't like the ground floor; I always feel like someone is going to break into my room from the outside. (That is not a comment on the safety of Disney hotels, it is insight into my nightmares, which probably is TMI.)
That is my thought as well. I donā€™t mind stairs going down but up many floors , with a mask on, will be hard. I also donā€™t like ground floor rooms.

Well I will miss the freestyle machines. It was a great way to try the various Powerade flavors for rehydration. The blue one (in bottles) is a common sight in the parks, but my sister and I are allergic. Guess Iā€™ll pack the fruit punch so weā€™ll have something to drink during our midday break. (We also liked trying the lemonades as well)

Too slow using the Freestyle machines and since a CM is actually filling the beverage selections now so guests can be served much faster.

Also no long delays to refill the Freestyle machine or even reboot them!

Dave
I hate to pile on those who love the freestyle machines but this is absolutely the case. Every 3rd person spends forever scrolling through the various drink combinations while I'm waiting for a quick cup of water. And they do seem to suffer regular down time, too. So, sorry to those who will miss them, but I have to agree with this particular decision.

Now if they could just bring the hot chocolate machine back inside from hurricane Hannas.... I guess I understand why they did that. I mean, who doesn't love a good poolside hot cocoa in the middle of a hot summer day?! :confused3

Woohooo, cabana booked. :beach:

Glad to see some things returning, slowly but surely.
Were you also told that you could only book a full day?

Any recommendation on cabana number? I have kids so I was thinking 1 or 2 would give me better view of them in the pool?

Right now the bugs are flys and mosquitoes. In the fall Oct/Nov. you get love bugs and and maybe bees. Bees are usually seen at HH pool bar. They like the sweet syrups. Don't kill bees, we need them in FL and if you leave them alone they won't sting.
How about beginning of April?

Gonna be refreshing quite a bit to see when/if Ale&Compass reopens
I'd be surprised if that didn't open with Yacht Club. Yachtsman Steakhouse will probably be a bit longer. (Both are guesses, though. I could be completely backwards for all I know!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter