Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I think I am finally caught up here!

I have updated the Be Our Guest list, although I am sure there are a lot of changes with cancellations, rebookings and resort changes that haven't been reported.

I can remove your trip if you have decided to cancel or not. Really doesn't matter to me.

Take a look and let me know if you need me to make any corrections to your listings.

Hope everyone is well and stays safe.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:grouphug:

We have canceled our August 2020 trip and have rescheduled for YC August 2021. We’re so sad we won’t be spending our DS 5th birthday at Disney. Hopefully next year we will be swimming in SAB.

I think I am finally caught up here!

I have updated the Be Our Guest list, although I am sure there are a lot of changes with cancellations, rebookings and resort changes that haven't been reported.

I can remove your trip if you have decided to cancel or not. Really doesn't matter to me.

Take a look and let me know if you need me to make any corrections to your listings.

Hope everyone is well and stays safe.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:grouphug:
I didn't mean to be vague about my dates. I'll HAPPILY be at The Beach Club Aug 30 - Sept 3rd! My annual 4 day respite from any of the reality of my world. :genie: THANK YOU!

For anyone that has a trip to the BC, I just saw this posted on the News and Rumors Board. I also saw it posted in one of the FB groups I follow.

As we continue our phased approach to reopening at Walt Disney World® Resort, we are welcoming Guests back to Disney Resort hotels, theme parks and Disney Springs.

We are committed to reopening Disney Resort hotels, though at this time we have decided to adjust the reopening dates for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort due to the current environment. With this in mind, the planned reopening dates for additional Disney Resort hotels will be as follows.
July 29: Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Aug. 24: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Sept. 21: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Oct. 4: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Oct. 14: Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Nov. 1: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

While we had previously shared reopening dates for Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, these Disney Resort hotels will remain closed until further notice while we continue to reevaluate their reopening timeline.

For anyone that has a trip to the BC, I just saw this posted on the News and Rumors Board. I also saw it posted in one of the FB groups I follow.

As we continue our phased approach to reopening at Walt Disney World® Resort, we are welcoming Guests back to Disney Resort hotels, theme parks and Disney Springs.

We are committed to reopening Disney Resort hotels, though at this time we have decided to adjust the reopening dates for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort due to the current environment. With this in mind, the planned reopening dates for additional Disney Resort hotels will be as follows.
July 29: Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Aug. 24: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Sept. 21: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Oct. 4: Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Oct. 14: Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Nov. 1: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

While we had previously shared reopening dates for Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, these Disney Resort hotels will remain closed until further notice while we continue to reevaluate their reopening timeline.

What do we think this would mean for SAB? Anyone have thoughts on if they would open YC and still keep SAB closed? UGH...this stinks!

Wow, that is shocking about the beach club. Can’t believe they would open one without the other?!? SAB?? Cape May cafe??

With several resorts now not showing a reopening date, including the BC & BWI, I imagine the projected demand is just not strong enough to support reopening. Just looking at all of the AP cancellation posts, it looks like many visits planned for this year have been postponed until next year.

I can’t possibly imagine what would be if Disney did not have the NBA’s business, right now.

Last edited:
I’m not sure, but I could see them keeping SAB closed and just opening the quiet pool at the YC.
I have trouble seeing them keeping SAB closed. With YC and the villas they can fill the resort to about 60%. But who knows.

I have trouble seeing them keeping SAB closed. With YC and the villas they can fill the resort to about 60%. But who knows.

who knows, they might decide to push back the yacht club date. I said “might.” Please nobody quote me as saying this is happening. I have no knowledge or information, just saying don’t count on anything reopening at any given time.

We are suppose to stay at the beach club October 14th? Will it be open by then or do I have to call and switch resorts?

So sad to hear this. We were booked to stay at BC for the first time this November. May just hold out on making any changes right now and see what happens with SAB once YC reopens. If the pool opens with YC, I may just try and switch to that resort since SAB is the main reason we wanted to stay at this resort. If not, we may just switch to a cheaper resort for this stay and try for BC another year.

We're booked for BC for after Thanksgiving - would rather have YC, but there is still no availability showing. This trip is still a big IF, so I guess if we really think things are going well with the virus, I'd be happy at either at this point....

With several resorts now not showing a reopening date, including the BC & BWI, I imagine the projected demand is just not strong enough to support reopening. Just looking at all of the AP cancellation posts, it looks like many visits planned for this year have been postponed until next year.

KL stay.
I can’t possibly imagine what would be if Disney did not have the NBA’s business, right now.
funny, i checked because of our BC reservation and no email. At least we got one for our AKL stay.

edit...lol just got the email.

We hope you’re looking forward to your upcoming vacation as much as we’re looking forward to having you here. Unfortunately, Disney's Beach Club Resort is no longer planned to be open on the dates of your visit. We understand the inconvenience this may cause––especially if your plans had already been changed before.

Please accept our sincerest apologies and know how much we appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We’re happy to reaccommodate you at one of the Disney Resort hotels that will be open during your stay. We’ll reach out within four weeks of your arrival date to discuss the Resort and room type options available to you and to assist with modifying your Disney Resorthotel. Of course, this will happen at no additional charge and no action on your part is required at this time. In addition, this modification will have no impact on other vacation experiences you may have booked, such as Theme Park reservations or dining.

Thanks for your patience as we all learn to navigate these times together.

To view the latest list of Disney Resort hotels currently open and all experience updates, click here.​

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter