Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Slightly OT, but has anyone heard if the monorail is going to be running in July & August?
I want to know the same. I feel like skyliners are the definition of social distance lol one family per gondola. Vents open. Go in and sit without touching anything. And you’re good to go

Went ahead and called and the cast member confirmed for me, and asked, that yacht club will indeed be closed through August 28, and then she read me the list of DVC resorts plus Fort wilderness, AND included Contemporary, Pop and AK Jambo. She said what was said originally about the people who were staying pre-park opening… As long as we don’t modify our dates even a little bit, we will be walked at no charge. This is a change from even this morning so I’m really hoping it doesn’t change again!
Will there be a choice or will they assign you a hotel?

Considering canceling my room in Feb, but we'll see. If they allow park hopping by then, we'll keep it.

I am not paying more than already am . That special rate better be zero. Not my fault NBA took my bed.
We did as well. Just going to have to try to call tomorrow and ask where they’re moving us 🤷🏼‍♀️
It is normal to be "walked" to a different hotel. I've never heard of being charged a price difference, though. On the other hand, they could just cancel your booking outright, so I guess it's good they give you the option? 🤷‍♂️ It's an annoying situation, that's for sure.

It is normal to be "walked" to a different hotel. I've never heard of being charged a price difference, though. On the other hand, they could just cancel your booking outright, so I guess it's good they give you the option? 🤷‍♂️ It's an annoying situation, that's for sure.
I did a CM chat and was told technically my resort will not be open for my dates. I will have to modify my reservation tomorrow. 😐

I did a CM chat and was told technically my resort will not be open for my dates. I will have to modify my reservation tomorrow. 😐
I wouldn't hesitate to politely hang up and call back if you don't get a satisfactory answer the first time. Every agent has different knowledge and superpowers, so a little persistence sometimes pays off. Granted this will probably cost you another hour of varying quality disney park soundtrack while you're on hold, but can't do much about that.

No monorail?!? No boats?!? No skyliner?!?
I really don't think they know yet, especially that far out (Labor Day). I guess it makes sense that it would only be busses available tomorrow when the resorts open, but no parks. I think the rest will be clear as we get closer to July 11.

Went ahead and called and the cast member confirmed for me, and asked, that yacht club will indeed be closed through August 28, and then she read me the list of DVC resorts plus Fort wilderness, AND included Contemporary, Pop and AK Jambo. She said what was said originally about the people who were staying pre-park opening… As long as we don’t modify our dates even a little bit, we will be walked at no charge. This is a change from even this morning so I’m really hoping it doesn’t change again!

There are some reports that people may not be moved for no charge now. It sounds like guests will be given a choice of what is availBe and if there is a difference price, they will pay.

Until we get real reports, I would just keep that in mind

Talk to me about the BC Deluxe Villas please. Never stayed in one before be we scored a stay for September instead of our stay at Grand Floridian.

Multiple reports coming in today that YC/BC guests who are booked during hotel closure are not able to modify today, and to try back on the 24th. Also you must pay the difference in rate for your new resort, no special deals.
This is really just the worst customer service I've ever experienced in my life.
yep - someone else said that happened on the resort change thread. Wow. The 2 I've seen posted both had the 35% free dining recovery. We are room only - two back to back reservations at the YC - both impacted by NBA in August. One is AP and the other is a bounceback. I want a recovery deal!!!!

Finally got through and modified our resort. YC to the Poly (DVC studio since the hotel isn't open yet for our dates) I had to pay an extra $3.76 so I guess it could have been worse.

Did you get to keep your deal? Or better one?

I was originally booked for Sun & Fun, she said that wasn't available for my dates so she gave me the "recovery" offer. It worked out to be almost exactly the same as what I was paying for YC GV. Was $3 more per night.

that’s awesome. Congrats on your change 😀
What number did you get through on?? I keep getting “circuits busy.”

that’s awesome. Congrats on your change 😀
What number did you get through on?? I keep getting “circuits busy.”

I just kept hitting redial on the main 407WDISNEY. Once I entered my resort reservation number the CM answered immediately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter