Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are checking out today after 5 lovely nights here. I think everyone I met in the pool is DVC. I think they were surprised when I told them “no, I am not DVC.” Do non DVC people not talk?? They must not, lol!

Our bed was a little creeky, I liked where were were-close to ice and elevator but facing the front entry so it gets loud per my dh in the am.

The pool was fabulous, especially early am when very few people were in it!

My son LOVED playing pool volleyball. We didn’t do any of the afternoon crafts. Two of my kids played pool games on our arrival day but that was it. They loved the lazy river. I forgot how great the walk is back from Epcot.

My older 2 kids and I are headed to the studios as soon as I get in/out of the shower to ride slinky, dh will finish packing our stuff and 8 hope to be back by 8 and we will stow it and *walk* to Epcot one last time, return around or before lunch time, get a Minnie van and head over to the Poly for the next 5 nights.

Thank you everyone for all your tips, hints, etc..,my dh *loves* the super secret entrance and seriously no one uses it so I kept it between us all! It was easy to find too.

Hope to be back here in 5 years when we come back and do a split. Now...sheer and slinky are calling my name!

Well, it looks like we'll be home next August! This is yet another attempt to get my wife's family down for a big family excursion, so I've been laying down the groundwork trying to get everyone's schedule lined up. After a bit of back and forth, it looks like we've agreed to August 18-24, 2019 (Dee, please add me to the list)! By then, our little family will have another addition, and this time around my brother in-law's family with their two kids and my sister-in-law's family with their little daughter will be in tow along with my mother and father in-law. All together, we'll have 13 people, with three little girls ranging from 9 months to just under three and a little boy who will be 7. The hard part will be grabbing 2 2BR villas for that date. I've got enough points to secure one reservation, but it looks like I'll have to get creative in getting the other one (going to do my best not to have to rent points online as we have family friends that may have extra points we can rent from them).

More importantly, and I'm sure this has been discussed in other posts (forgive me, haven't been on in a while), but is anyone else concerned about how the new Skyliner will affect traffic around the International Gateway? There can't possibly be enough room to handle the outgoing traffic from four resorts after Illuminations. Add that to the fact that Star Wars Galaxy's Edge will only add to the pressure placed on the new transportation system, I see one of my favorite parts of being a BCV member being diminished by the wave of humanity clogging my path home. Anyone else feel that way?

I absolutely share your concern. We don’t own DVC, but BC has become our favorite resort and I definitely worry about how the skyliners will affect the international gateway. We’re planning a return trip in 2020, so after the additions to DHS have all opened, and I believe the Ratatouille ride will have opened. I’ll be definitely paying attention to the experiences everyone will post here.

Page 1280-1282

Curious as to what section (standard room) in BC is recommended. Will be there for the Foos and Wine Fest, first time BC guests. Floor and even a room recommendation would be greatly appreciated. Trying to get a feel for the layout and I am having a hard time narrowing it down. Thank you!!!

:welcome:

Which month is your trip?

Standard view rooms will either overlook the front entrance parking lot and/or rooftops and are distributed throughout the resort. There are no BC SV rooms on the ground floor level.
Best bet is to request what is most important to you and your family- Full balcony? Daybed? Close to elevator (lobby/pool/transportation).

There is a detailed map with a listing of rooms including view type and that might give you an idea of what rooms are available in your view category. Page 1, Post 8.

:goodvibes

Also wondering what a good room recommendation would be but for YC garden or woods view room. We're only staying 2 nights in a split stay but it'll be our first time at any of the Epcot area resorts. It's just my mother and I so the most important feature would be separate beds, 2 queens preferable over the 2nd bed being a sleeper sofa or whatever the other options are. The majority of our time is going to be spent checking out the other area resorts and spending time in the 2 parks in walking distance. What's the best gameplan if we don't care about being close to SAB, guest services, elevators, a specific floor, etc.? Our main goal is to get in and out as quickly as possible when we want to go to a new area or get back to the room to get ready for lunch/dinner.

Thanks for any help with this!

When is your trip?

I agree with other responders that your primary requests should be "2 Queen beds, close to elevator" Many people with a garden view booking like to request "Wedding Gazebo view"

::yes::

Is anyone able to read what it says up to for the Summer Infinity Party? I can't make it out.

I now have a copy of the schedule that I can read- I'll post that in a minute
ETA: LARGE copy posted on page 1285, Post 25657 and on Page 1, Post 4 (Activities)

Summer Infinity Party
Wednesday August 15

Celebrate a heroic summer with an afternoon full of special poolside activities such as Hero Tie-Dye ($), Rocket Relays, Super Splash Pitch 'N Pop, and Superhero S'mores at our evening campfire. End your heroic celebration with our Movie Under the Stars premiere of "Avengers: Infinity War" in the Beach Club Solarium.

This celebration will occur in lieu of regularly scheduled poolside activities.

Whoa...hold up...are they eliminating the Club Level access from the Deluxe Rooms in 2019? I just did a search for a room in June 2019 and Deluxe Rooms are listed under "Standard Rooms" and under "Rooms with Club Level Access", it is also listed there, but says "Sorry, this room type is not available for your dates." I was able to do a mock booking with a Deluxe Room but it did NOT indicate "Club Level Access." It was also cheaper than the rack rate of this room for this year.

Is this a glitch or is this new for 2019?

No, Deluxe room reservations without CL access were / are available in 2018 and 2019. It is not something new for just 2019. I posted about this earlier in the thread. There was feedback about the distance from some of the Deluxe rooms to the CL lounge.

Dave

So does that mean that Deluxe Room bookings are no longer in the club level category? And if that is the case, is there an option to add on club level access for an additional fee?

:magnify:

Last edited:
Page 1283-1286

Especially when we’re only there for a short stay and a king bed is our only request, we’ve almost always gotten one (unsuccessful maybe once out of 20+ stays?) and often we’ve even gotten an upgrade to a better view or club level in order to give us the king bed, once it was even a deluxe room.

Do you remember any of the room numbers with the king beds?

FYI - new menu across the lake at Boardwalk Pizza window that sounds pretty good! I didn’t care for the old pizza but will definitely give this a try with the new dough. The boxed pizzas will be easy to bring back to the room or even to the pool. Love that it’s open late - currently til midnight. Hopefully they add online ordering.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/08/review-bo...-menu-and-food-quality-new-pizzas-sandwiches/

Thanks for posting this! I hadn't seen it. Good options for guests who don't want to go too far, or don't have a park ticket on their arrival day.

These are from the YC:

Pack and Play

getPart

Thanks for the Pack and Play photo. Are these standard in the villas and upon request at the YC and BC?

:magnify:

Thank you. I hope the white ones are still around - little one doesn’t seem to sleep in the pack and play ones very well

My suggestion is to call the resort (NOT the Disney reservations number) to ask if they have cribs available upon request. I have the number posted on Page 1 of the thread.

Will come back and post the numbers here.

:thumbsup2

Hi everyone! We checked into Yacht Club today for our first stay ever. I’m impressed. The room renovations are outstanding. All the little details in the room for organization and convenience were well thought out. I especially love the lights in the bed frame and the little shelf and outlet on the side of the bed that is nearest to the bathroom. The room is clean...not even dust under the bed. My only complaint is that i paid for a garden/Woods view and we have a view of a giant tree and a parking lot through the branches. We are only here for two nights otherwise I’d ask to be moved. I enjoy coffee on the balcony in the mornings so I’m i bit disappointed, but maybe some wildlife will be out tomorrow! We spent the day at the pool only leaving to go to Epcot for lunch. We never had a problem finding chairs. There are quite a lot in the shade over by YC. Minnie, Daisy, Donald & Goofy came to the pool for a dance party.

I don’t recall seeing this mentioned, but I may have missed it. There are repairs and painting going on at BC. There is scaffolding in front of most of the water view rooms. It was pretty loud at times because we could hear it in the lazy river.

We stayed at BC in February. Now that I’ve stayed at both I think I prefer YC. The lobby area is a lot quieter even with a convention going on. I found the BC to be overwhelming sometimes with non-resort guests.

Glad you enjoyed the Yacht Club!

Ok! I don’t get on this board much and hadn’t seen a recent mention of it.

I just took this photo.

I’m booked at YC CL for Marathon Weekend. Is there any time frame for the work there?

Thanks for this picture. No idea if/when work on the Yacht Club will be taking place. The only way we usually get info is from viewers like you, who post about what is going on while they are there.

I'll add your January trip to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Yay, yay, yay! We’ll be back at the BC next May!

We need a redo vacation, as for the first time ever, I was sick at WDW this past trip. Came down with a cold and cough the day before we went. Thank goodness for the pharmacy that delivers to the resorts! I needed antibiotic and couldn’t taste ANY of my delicious food for the first four days of a six-day stay. I lost 5 lbs. on a Disney vacation, imagine that haha! PLUS I had really bad sciatica that had me limping the whole time. I was a mess!

Cannot wait to be back at the BC for this trip, since we spend so much time at Epcot and the WS. Bringing DD’s BFF this time, who hasn’t been since she was a kid...fun! Just can’t wait to be back in my happy place.

:sunny:

:welcome: back!

Wishing you a wonderful makeup trip!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

I had room 1598 garden view last year. It’s a king with a chair that I doubt was a sleeper chair, there wasn’t enough room to accomodate that. First floor corner room next to one of the emergency exits with a tiny “patio” made of concrete blocks. Very quiet and a great location.

Thanks for the info about Room 1598!

Thank you very much for the August schedule! Has anyone had experience with the "tidal tank top" or "shell we paint"?
We are so very excited for our short stay this month!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I haven't heard any reviews from anyone who has done these activities.

:cool2:

Just booked YC for Oct- 4 nights, garden view. Never stayed there before so no clue as to the layout inside. Is a gazebo view room far from the lobby? I have knee issue and dont want to walk too far to get to my room. We will use the bus and boats so any idea what to request? Also is the lobby the exit for the pool and the boat too?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

As others have posted, the location of the Gazebo View rooms is pretty good. My suggestion for a room request would be "Gazebo view, close to lobby elevators, please"

Darn, it is our first stay at BC next week and I really hope we do not get scaffolding outside pur window. This is a special trip for us and it did not say there was construction when we booked :(

I don’t think our tall almost 3 year old would fit in that little pack and play. We are a family of 5–is there a day bed or fold down bed he or one of his brothers could use in the rooms for 5 so he can have a real bed to sleep in?

I'll add you to the list for August.

When you check in at the resort, you can ask the CMs at the front desk if there will be scaffolding near your room during your stay and if there is, then check to see if you are able to change rooms.

Not all rooms at the resort have a daybed. Did you add a request for a daybed to your reservation? Do you have 5 people on your reservation including your under 3 year old son. My understanding is that he will not automatically be counted in the guest occupancy so you would be considered to be family of 4.

Well, it looks like we'll be home next August! This is yet another attempt to get my wife's family down for a big family excursion, so I've been laying down the groundwork trying to get everyone's schedule lined up. After a bit of back and forth, it looks like we've agreed to August 18-24, 2019 (Dee, please add me to the list)! By then, our little family will have another addition, and this time around my brother in-law's family with their two kids and my sister-in-law's family with their little daughter will be in tow along with my mother and father in-law. All together, we'll have 13 people, with three little girls ranging from 9 months to just under three and a little boy who will be 7. The hard part will be grabbing 2 2BR villas for that date. I've got enough points to secure one reservation, but it looks like I'll have to get creative in getting the other one (going to do my best not to have to rent points online as we have family friends that may have extra points we can rent from them).

More importantly, and I'm sure this has been discussed in other posts (forgive me, haven't been on in a while), but is anyone else concerned about how the new Skyliner will affect traffic around the International Gateway? There can't possibly be enough room to handle the outgoing traffic from four resorts after Illuminations. Add that to the fact that Star Wars Galaxy's Edge will only add to the pressure placed on the new transportation system, I see one of my favorite parts of being a BCV member being diminished by the wave of humanity clogging my path home. Anyone else feel that way?

Hope all is well with your family.

I will add your fun family gathering to the list.

When you have time, curious what you thought of the H2O Glow night. :)

:welcome: to the Yacht & Beach FAQ forum!

:cheer2:

It was wonderful! We had never been to Typhoon Lagoon, so we really didnt know what we were getting into. Haha. We have 2 boys (8 & 12). We had the best time. The park was empties before they would let us in. I heard them tell multiple guests that we would not be allowed in until 7pm. And a few minutes before 7 they allowed us to enter the tapstiles but we had to wait in another line to get our bracelets applied. We went straight to grab a locker then headed to the slides. We rode every slide multiple times with no real wait. We rode Miss Adventure falls 5 times I believe. The longest part was waiting for the floats to be unloaded and then for us to load. The wave pool had a large amount of people in it all night, we didnt stay there long (not enough action for the boys). The characters didnt start meeting until 8pm and there were photopass cast members with them, no real lines. The special food offerings were good. All in all we thought it was a great event and would definitely do it again!

Thanks so much for the details about the H2O Glow event!

:fish:

We did not do either. My kids just played in the pool/volleyball at that time. We are moving tomorrow to the Poly so I can’t even check it out for you.

Scaffolding is out in front of the pool to I think the lobby...or just to cape May.

That’s a lot of prime real estate if all those rooms aren’t occupied.

We have a day bed but we have 5 people.

We are checking out today after 5 lovely nights here. I think everyone I met in the pool is DVC. I think they were surprised when I told them “no, I am not DVC.” Do non DVC people not talk?? They must not, lol!

Thank you so much for the detailed reports during your stay!

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

The path was altered to not go right around the water and cut through part of the parking lot. This has just recently changed again and you will now be walking more.

The thick yellow is where the current modified path will lead you. You need to walk all the way down the blue shaded part, and cut over in front of the red. Green is the old resort pickup/dropoff area for reference. It will definitely take longer, but I am not sure a whole additional ten minutes.

image posted by @rteetz

HS Walking Path.jpg

OK, I'm lost!

I am directionally challenged and can't read a map (or an aerial view) to save my life.

Was the thin yellow line the previous path? Where is the thick yellow path taking people? Is or will the path be blocked where the yellow arrow is?

Where is the boat dock in reference to this picture (upper right, out of frame?)

Does anyone have any additional info about what is going on? Is the alternative path currently being used? What is the approximate travel time difference using this route?

If anyone encounters a woman wandering up and down the path looking for Toy Story Land, it may be me. Hopefully I will be able to find my way by the time Galaxy's Edge opens.

:confused3

image posted by @rteetz

View attachment 341760

OK, I'm lost!

I am directionally challenged and can't read a map (or an aerial view) to save my life.

Was the thin yellow line the previous path? Where is the thick yellow path taking people? Is or will the path be blocked where the yellow arrow is?

Where is the boat dock in reference to this picture (upper right, out of frame?)

Does anyone have any additional info about what is going on? Is the alternative path currently being used? What is the approximate travel time difference using this route?

If anyone encounters a woman wandering up and down the path looking for Toy Story Land, it may be me. Hopefully I will be able to find my way by the time Galaxy's Edge opens.

Thin yellow line is the new path that goes through the new bus stop. The old path is currently closed for construction. The yellow arrow is where the old path meets the new path.

This path is only temporary as work is going on with the old path.

It should only add a few minutes to your walk.

Thin yellow line is the new path that goes through the new bus stop. The old path is currently closed for construction. The yellow arrow is where the old path meets the new path.

Thanks for the clarification.

:thumbsup2

Thanks for the welcome, @natebenma. We’ll be staying a night at Beach Club this week before checking in at Boardwalk. We’re planning to spend the morning at Stormalong; kids are excited. So am I!

I have updated the Be Our Guest list through the current page. Please take a moment to review your info to see if I have it listed correctly.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

I see my name there! Looks like I'll be seeing some fellow posters while we're there. If you see the hot mess mom repeatedly telling her toddler to stop drinking the pool water, just wave hello!

FYI-the boat did not run for

We did it yesterday at early o’clock in the morning. We made it in about 15-20 min from the boat launch...since the boat didn’t come...sigh....

I don’t think the additional zig zags were to bad though.

We were in the park by about 6:35-40 and walking out of the park at about 7:15-rode slinky once and my kids did RnR-they wanted to do it again but knew we needed to finish packing/bringing stuff to bell services for moving day before heading to Epcot.

Hello Beach & Yacht Clubbers!! We're so excited for our BCV stay in 11 days! Can anyone tell me if there is dishwasher detergent and washing machine detergent in the villa? If not, do you know what kind of soap they take? TIA

Will be staying at the Yacht Club from September 2nd to the 8th and I'm trying to find some info about early check-in and how it works. Can anyone point me in the right direction or offer any tips? Booked a garden/woods view room, for reference/advice on special requests.

Hello Beach & Yacht Clubbers!! We're so excited for our BCV stay in 11 days! Can anyone tell me if there is dishwasher detergent and washing machine detergent in the villa? If not, do you know what kind of soap they take? TIA

Yes, there is a small squirt bottle of Palmolive for dishes if you need to wash anything by hand, powdered detergent for the washing machine (I used my own pods and that was fine), and I believe it was powdered dishwasher detergent but I can't remember that as well as we didn't use it, but there was something there for use if needed.

Never can stay away from this group for too long! Add us to the list we will be back on 11/9. As avid BC visitors, we are venturing into uncharted waters and staying at the YC this trip. Excited to stay here and even more excited to be going for the last weekend of the F & W festival!!!!

Yes, there is a small squirt bottle of Palmolive for dishes if you need to wash anything by hand, powdered detergent for the washing machine (I used my own pods and that was fine), and I believe it was powdered dishwasher detergent but I can't remember that as well as we didn't use it, but there was something there for use if needed.

They will bring more of the stuff for the dishwasher or for hand washing the dishes, for free, if you call housekeeping. My theory is - less work for them if you wash your own dishes.

Never can stay away from this group for too long! Add us to the list we will be back on 11/9. As avid BC visitors, we are venturing into uncharted waters and staying at the YC this trip. Excited to stay here and even more excited to be going for the last weekend of the F & W festival!!!!

We love the BC and just stayed at the YC for the first time this summer. We absolutely fell in love with the YC and can say we like it more than the BC (the BC is still awesome though). Enjoy your stay!

Page 1287

We did it yesterday at early o’clock in the morning. We made it in about 15-20 min from the boat launch...since the boat didn’t come...sigh....

I don’t think the additional zig zags were to bad though.

Thanks for the info!

Will be staying at the Yacht Club from September 2nd to the 8th and I'm trying to find some info about early check-in and how it works. Can anyone point me in the right direction or offer any tips? Booked a garden/woods view room, for reference/advice on special requests.

Are you talking about the advanced online check-in?

If you do this, you give info like your arrival time and credit card info you will be using during the trip. In many cases, you will receive a text or email with your room number so you don't need to visit the front desk and can proceed directly to your room when it is ready for occupancy.

As far as requests, the most effective way is to indicate them with a phone call to Disney Central Reservations rather than through the limited (and sometimes conflicting or downright incorrect) options offered through the advanced check-in process.

Many guests like to request "Wedding Gazebo View" for a Yacht Club garden view stay.

I'll add you to the list.

I have stayed at the Beach Club 5 times and my last stay with my husband was at the Yacht Club. I enjoy both resorts and happily stay at either!

:cool1:

We are back, we were upgraded to waterview. Our trip was awesome, nothing to complain about here and will be back September 15th 2019!!!!!

Congrats on the upgrade!!! Glad you had a fantastic trip. I'll update the list with your check-in date.

Last edited:
image posted by @rteetz

View attachment 341760

OK, I'm lost!

I am also directionally challenged. Can anyone explain what the long green thing is in the upper right hand corner of the picture is? At first I thought it was the boat launch, but it doesn't seem like it from other pictures. :confused3

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter