Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Ok, while not a specific YC/BC question, this could apply to any resort, so here goes.

We are planning to take ME from the airport to YC in a few weeks, but sometimes we get put on an empty ME bus, and wait quite a while (our record is 45 minutes) before they deem the bus full enough to make a run to WDW property. And then, you never know where your resort is going to fall in the order of drop offs, so there have been times it's been 2-3 hours of valuable time lost for ME.

My question is, if we end up being the first ones on an empty bus, can we say "Thanks, but no thanks," and get into an Uber or Lyft? Will that cause a problem with our baggage? Or if we put the tags and send the bags, are we forced to use ME?

TIA!

Ok, while not a specific YC/BC question, this could apply to any resort, so here goes.

We are planning to take ME from the airport to YC in a few weeks, but sometimes we get put on an empty ME bus, and wait quite a while (our record is 45 minutes) before they deem the bus full enough to make a run to WDW property. And then, you never know where your resort is going to fall in the order of drop offs, so there have been times it's been 2-3 hours of valuable time lost for ME.

My question is, if we end up being the first ones on an empty bus, can we say "Thanks, but no thanks," and get into an Uber or Lyft? Will that cause a problem with our baggage? Or if we put the tags and send the bags, are we forced to use ME?

TIA!
They do scan you in 2x before boarding the motorcoach. But, obviously, you have no way of knowing, at that point, how long it will be before your coach departs.

They can't force you to ride. But, I would think that you would have to let a Mears rep at the second scan point know that you changed your mind about riding DME. If you placed the yellow tags on your bags, your bags will be delivered to your room, whether you ride Magical Express or not.

Our trip is coming up soon, but not soon enough! So I’ve started daydreaming about souvenirs. Are there any great and unique B.C. souvenirs that anyone knows of?

Has anyone taken a taxi or uber to the speedway and back? How much does it cost?

I'm assuming you're asking about the Speedway gas station. If that is not the case, disregard this response. Using the uber fare estimate website, it looks like it would be about $7-$8 one way (assuming no surge pricing). It's really a pretty easy walk over to BWI and then crossing the street to Speedway. A car will need to take a longer route.

Hi! Just booked our first stay at the YC CL for Nov 6-12. I haven't stayed at the YC in YEARS (my 16th birthday was there back in the early 90s). Looking forward to share the resort with my kids. We have a water view room booked- any ideas what a good room request would be? Are the CL rooms near the lounge or spread throughout the resort?

I'm assuming you're asking about the Speedway gas station. If that is not the case, disregard this response. Using the uber fare estimate website, it looks like it would be about $7-$8 one way (assuming no surge pricing). It's really a pretty easy walk over to BWI and then crossing the street to Speedway. A car will need to take a longer route.
We’ve made the walk over from BCV- much faster than a car, and free. We weren’t having groceries delivered but wanted a few beers for the room so DH walked over. It was maybe a 15 minute walk one way, from our door to theirs.

Thank you, I knew it was close, but did not know it was this close, we just need to get beer for the room. Thank you

We’ve made the walk over from BCV- much faster than a car, and free. We weren’t having groceries delivered but wanted a few beers for the room so DH walked over. It was maybe a 15 minute walk one way, from our door to theirs.

Thank you, we will be making this walk on Sunday from the YC then!

Our trip is coming up soon, but not soon enough! So I’ve started daydreaming about souvenirs. Are there any great and unique B.C. souvenirs that anyone knows of?

They have a pretty nice tote bag with a background of shells and starfish and a logo that has a pair of striped flip flops. I bought it a couple weeks ago and love it! There is also a matching tank top with the same logo, but it looked like it ran WAY small (narrow), so I skipped that. There are some nice shirts too, but the colors aren't great (yellow and coral).

I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet...But I can take a pic and post if someone schools me on that. :)

They have a pretty nice tote bag with a background of shells and starfish and a logo that has a pair of striped flip flops. I bought it a couple weeks ago and love it! There is also a matching tank top with the same logo, but it looked like it ran WAY small (narrow), so I skipped that. There are some nice shirts too, but the colors aren't great (yellow and coral).

I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet...But I can take a pic and post if someone schools me on that. :)

This one? I love this bag, it is so cute!!! I post pictures by using the upload a file button, I used to be able to drag and drop but that hasn't worked for me for a bit.

tote.jpg

Just curious how necessary ADRs are for Cape May breakfast. Would we have any luck walking up? We are going the last week of September if that makes a difference.

I thought the same thing about the tank top. I tried it on and it ran super small.

Has anyone had success adding CL access to their room at check in? I read of people doing this at WL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter