Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Quick question - I am headed to the Beach Club resort in a couple of weeks and will be staying overnight at the Hyatt in the airport since we are arriving late. The next morning we will head to the resort and I wanted thoughts on whether to take the DME or to just UBER to the resort? I plan to go to the parks right after dropping bags at the resort and wanted to maximize time. There are only 3 of us - Thoughts?

Uber/Lyft from the airport is really easy. It’ll probably save you a good 30 minutes or so. We’ve done it our last two trips, and I really don’t see us doing the DME again any time soon.

If you have three full size check bags though, you would need an UberXL, so it would be more pricey.

Did they ever sell them at Hurricane Hanna's?! Did I miss a Dole Whip opportunity at some point?! I have a serious Dole Whip problem. A Mickey Bar or two goes a long way as currency. WHY do they taste so good?!

I should put the kids to work all week saving chairs- they'd probably make enough for something they can't live without at the gift shop.

Yes, but I think it was just a limited time promo. (maybe in 2016?) with and without rum, too!

Kids should definitely be forced to work while at the beach club. DVC points aren't free, ya know! :lmao:

Yes, but I think it was just a limited time promo. (maybe in 2016?) with and without rum, too!

Kids should definitely be forced to work while at the beach club. DVC points aren't free, ya know! :lmao:

Ugh! We were there in 2016 for one night only before catching our cruise ship (oh, the suffering!). Did not stop at Hanna’s. Lesson learned.

When the kids were little they thought DVC meant we actually owned the whole place. Oh, if only!

Page 1271

Congrats! Our 33rd anniversary is tomorrow, 7/20! Great to be along for the ride on this great thread! Did I just use great twice in one sentence? Excellent job managing this and you make things sooooooo easy!! See! No sap from this fellow New Englander!

Congrats to you and thank you so much for the kind words. And all of your helpful contributions!

:goodvibes

Poster on another thread noted that the policy which allowed dogs at select resorts and was started as a trial, will not be discontinued. This includes the YC.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...-dogs-at-resorts.3641677/page-6#post-59494712

Thanks for this info. Is this official official?

pluto:

Does the BC have soft, feather type pillows available? Thank you

Good question. I have some info on the brand of regular pillows at the resort. Sahara something.... Check Post 13/14 on Page 1. IIRC, each room has both a hard and soft pillow (per person?). I don't think they are feather but I don't know if some are available upon request.

Anyone?

:magnify:

Am I in the right place for Beach Club Villas? We’ll be staying there August 17-25, it’s our DVC home.

You bet!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I don't know much about the villas, but if you have any questions we have a lot of well-informed and helpful folks here.

:thumbsup2

Hello everyone! :wave2:

My family will be staying at Beach Club from Aug 28-Sept 5, and we're SO excited! I have a few random questions that I was wondering if those who've stayed there could answer.

In the Beach Club Marketplace, would the breakfast bounty platter be enough to split between 2 adults? Opinions on using room service for the benefit of getting breakfast at 6am vs the cheaper option of waiting til 7am for Marketplace?

Would you recommend using physical check-in or online check-in for BC? As in, do you enjoy the cast member interaction/ability to pickup celebrate buttons/make requests vs the flexibility of receiving a text and proceeding straight to the room without waiting in line?

Oh! And lastly, I keep reading different answers to this one-- how deep does SAB get? I've heard the deepest part is almost 5ft and then I hear the lazy river is 8ft! (My daughter and I aren't really swimmers so we would want life vests for the precaution if that's the case.)

Hello everyone! Been several years since I hung around these parts with the YC/BC gang. It’s been since our first stay at YC CL after our very first cruise on the Dream back in 2011. As you can see in my signature, we got a little hooked on cruising. LOL! This September hubby & I will be at Beach Club 9/13 - 9/15 before we head out on the Fantasy to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Looking forward to relaxing around the resort & pool. Crossing our fingers Miss Rocky is still out by the pool taking care of all the poolside libation needs. That’s one cool lady!

Did I read this right that CL perks/services are now offered on rooms not just on the upper decks? Someone said offered or they asked about it at check-in? What’s the additional charge for that? You can just ask about it? Interesting concept.

What’s the best procedure to request a king room? I had my TA add it as a request (if that’s possible). Curious what more I can do to increase our chances.

Still wishing there was better counter service dining options. I eat a pretty limited, healthy diet. Ideally we’d like to not have to go anywhere else like Springs or other resorts to get something to eat. I suppose it can’t all be bliss. Ale & Compass will see a lot of us. LOL!

Anywhoo, good to see some familiar faces and take in all the changes that have happened I’ve the years.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. Congrats on your milestone anniversary. What a great way to celebrate!

:cool1:

I think most of your questions have been answered.

I have not seen anything offically rolled out about paying extra for club level access in regular resort rooms. This may be done in special circumstances, but I'm not sure if it is going to be a "thing" in the future or not.

I think some of the past discussion was about whether the Deluxe rooms, that are on floors other than the 5th floor, would remain in the club level category, or whether they would switch to club level access for an additional fee.

Don't quote me on any of this. I am relying on a very sketchy memory and assumptions.

::yes::

Last edited:

Here is a brief report from our stay at the BC Club Level. *snip*

We look forward to returning in December.

Thanks so much for your review!

Happy 10! I just looked for the fun of it and it looks like I beat you to it by a whole 2 months, joining in May 2008. Funny - I met my wife in January 2008 who introduced me to the Beach club, which I took her to for the first time in March 2008. (because why not, after barely 3 months of dating? Lol.) Here we are, 10 years later, with 610 DVC points (all at BCV of course), 2-3 trips a year with different factions of family half the time and half on our own. It's been great for her mentally handicapped son (currently physically age 36, mentally 7-10), who stays on track all year looking forward to SAB, the rides, and the mickey cartoon channel in the room. He doesn't smile much but the camera always catches it on splash mountain ;)

Thanks, Dee, for keeping this ultra-helpful resource going. Even as a regular, things change, and it's nice to know about things ahead of time!

Great story!

My first time to WDW was with my husband (to be) while we were on a high school senior class trip. 1983!

So glad you find this forum helpful and I'm glad to hear the resort works for your family's challenges!

So isn’t there something about for-charge poolside Cabanas being installed? (<— my autocorrect is convinced the word Cabanas is a proper name...because of Cabanas on the ships...I think I love that)

Yes, but we don't have any specific details about WHEN, HOW MANY or HOW MUCH.

:fish:

I don't think they sell dole whips at hurricane hannas anymore so it'll have to be a Mickey bar. Or I can just pay you with my magicband :)

Too bad you're a week ahead of our trip or I'd certainly take the deal at least once or twice!

That was a sadly a very BRIEF experiment. Started sometime in July 2015. I was there in late August 2015 during the period they were reportedly selling the "Frozen Pineapple Treats" at the pool but the window was never open.

:headache:

Quick question - I am headed to the Beach Club resort in a couple of weeks and will be staying overnight at the Hyatt in the airport since we are arriving late. The next morning we will head to the resort and I wanted thoughts on whether to take the DME or to just UBER to the resort? I plan to go to the parks right after dropping bags at the resort and wanted to maximize time. There are only 3 of us - Thoughts?

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS.

I'll add you to the list.

Question for you, and/or anyone else. Can you get an Uber at the airport? At one time could you only take it TO MCO? Or am I misremembering?

Anyone know the cost between MCO and BC by Uber?

:car:

page 1273

Wow, thanks so much for all the time and effort you put into creating this informational thread!

Our family is so excited to stay at BC next year! We debated between BC and POFQ (for cost reasons, obviously), but I have dreamt of our family staying at BC for forever, so we're doing it! Please tell me all the amazing benefits of staying there vs. POFQ :D:flower1::yay::daisy:

When is your trip next year?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:cool1:

Did they ever sell them at Hurricane Hanna's?! Did I miss a Dole Whip opportunity at some point?! I have a serious Dole Whip problem. A Mickey Bar or two goes a long way as currency. WHY do they taste so good?!

I should put the kids to work all week saving chairs- they'd probably make enough for something they can't live without at the gift shop.

Ugh! We were there in 2016 for one night only before catching our cruise ship (oh, the suffering!). Did not stop at Hanna’s. Lesson learned.

When the kids were little they thought DVC meant we actually owned the whole place. Oh, if only!

No worries about missing out. They were offered for a mili-second. July to Aug 2015, and not even available all the time.

:(

Uber/Lyft from the airport is really easy. It’ll probably save you a good 30 minutes or so. We’ve done it our last two trips, and I really don’t see us doing the DME again any time soon.

If you have three full size check bags though, you would need an UberXL, so it would be more pricey.

Thank you for this very helpful info!

:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for your review!

Great story!

My first time to WDW was with my husband (to be) while we were on a high school senior class trip. 1983!

So glad you find this forum helpful and I'm glad to hear the resort works for your family's challenges!

Yes, but we don't have any specific details about WHEN, HOW MANY or HOW MUCH.

:fish:

That was a sadly a very BRIEF experiment. Started sometime in July 2015. I was there in late August 2015 during the period they were reportedly selling the "Frozen Pineapple Treats" at the pool but the window was never open.

:headache:

:welcome: to this thread and posting on the DIS.

I'll add you to the list.

Question for you, and/or anyone else. Can you get an Uber at the airport? At one time could you only take it TO MCO? Or am I misremembering?

Anyone know the cost between MCO and BC by Uber?

:car:

You can take Uber/Lyft to and from MCO with no issues, they pick you up from MCO just outside baggage claim (the app is pretty helpful in letting you know where to go and you select the door you are near), and drop you off like any normal passenger would be dropped off for a departing flight.

I took Lyft both times this last trip because it was cheaper than Uber. To YC on July 15 was $32 and from YC to MCO on the 17th was $21.

You can take Uber/Lyft to and from MCO with no issues, they pick you up from MCO just outside baggage claim (the app is pretty helpful in letting you know where to go and you select the door you are near), and drop you off like any normal passenger would be dropped off for a departing flight.

I took Lyft both times this last trip because it was cheaper than Uber. To YC on July 15 was $32 and from YC to MCO on the 17th was $21.
How much in advance, before scheduled departure time, did you leave the YC for MCO, and how long did it take for Lyft to pick you up, after ordering a ride?

How much in advance, before scheduled departure time, did you leave the YC for MCO, and how long did it take for Lyft to pick you up, after ordering a ride?

We left ourselves plenty of time to get to the airport, but we had spent all day outside in the sun at HS and Toy Story Land then had lunch at YC so we were done and were happy to get to the the AC of the airport. Our trip to YC took 27 minutes and our trip back to MCO took 28 minutes. I called for the Lyft when I was ready to go, this trip to WDW, I never waited more than 6 minutes for a ride, I don't think I have ever waited more than 10 minutes any of the times I have take Uber/Lyft around WDW.

Thanks for your responses regarding taking DME or UBER/Lyft from airport. One other question. We are staying at the Beach Club. What are your typical go-to's for breakfast - something quick and relatively inexpensive. Just like to grab some eggs/toast/coffee before heading to parks. Thoughts? The Bountiful breakfast seemed a bit of an overkill and don't want to pay for a buffet every day. Have the dining plan but preferred to use the quick service meal for lunches. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your responses regarding taking DME or UBER/Lyft from airport. One other question. We are staying at the Beach Club. What are your typical go-to's for breakfast - something quick and relatively inexpensive. Just like to grab some eggs/toast/coffee before heading to parks. Thoughts? The Bountiful breakfast seemed a bit of an overkill and don't want to pay for a buffet every day. Have the dining plan but preferred to use the quick service meal for lunches. Any thoughts?
You can get coffee in the refillable mug that is included in the dining plan. You can ask for a side of scrambled eggs. I think it is a snack credit. There are toasters to use but I'm not sure if slices of bread are sold separately.

Restaurants

Thank you! Love that you put "location" three times - that was the main reason we chose BC (Epcot is our family's favourite park, so being able to just walk there will be magical!)

So, I had not had a chance to email the GM at Yacht Club about my dirty room, but I did take a survey yesterday from Disney specifically about The Yacht Club, and I mentioned my issues there. This morning I received an email from The Senior Duty Manager at Y&BC resorts. He wants me to let him know what is a good time for him to contact me regarding the issues, so I will let you know if anything comes of it.

Replying to myself here with an update. So the head of housekeeping at The Y&BC resorts just called me. I let him know first about the dirty floors upon entry (especially the edges), and he admitted that these had been a huge challenge at the resort, and that they have done multiple training sessions, and that it is still a work in progress, and that it is clear that they still have quite a bit of room for improvement in this regard. He mentioned that they had a lot of mousekeeping turn over, and that this was not helping the issue. Regarding the food left in the fridge and the dirty shower, he said that these were basic requirements that the resort should absolutely be able to meet, and he was very apologetic that we encountered them, and was clear that these were not up to Disney's standards, Y&BCs standards, nor his own standards. He inquired about compensation for the issues, and is going to send me a letter with options, but to be honest I am in no way looking for compensation, just better housekeeping in the future.

He was very clear that these things need to be reported in the future, either while on-site, or with an email to the GM (email addresses are now included in all rooms), as they cannot take care of issues they don't know about. I know that others have complained, and it seems to be getting worse not better, so take this conversation with guarded optimism. I was just happy someone contacted me regarding survey responses, I fill these out for every trip and am never sure anyone reads them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter