Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi! 7 days until we arrive and now I'm considering making a switch! We are booked at YC, but is there construction going on currently? Thanks for any info!

Hi! 7 days until we arrive and now I'm considering making a switch! We are booked at YC, but is there construction going on currently? Thanks for any info!

Nothing significant that I am aware of. Refurbishment of the YC (and BC) are complete, as is the work in the lobby of those resorts. Last I knew, the Beach Club quiet pool was closed for work, but the feature pool, Stormalong Bay and two other quiet pools at the resort remain open. At some point, portions of Stormalong Bay will be closed while the cabanas are added to the area, but we don't know yet when that will happen.

:)

Hi. Back to The Beach Club in July but not stayed here for several years. I’ve seen on the info part of the thread they have added poolside showers. Are these only available while the pool is open? There will be four of us, kids 16 and 19, in the one room so it struck me these might be an option for extra shower space! I can’t quite picture if they are inside the pool area though or even if they’re not if they are locked when the pool is closed? Any info appreciated.

Hi. Back to The Beach Club in July but not stayed here for several years. I’ve seen on the info part of the thread they have added poolside showers. Are these only available while the pool is open? There will be four of us, kids 16 and 19, in the one room so it struck me these might be an option for extra shower space! I can’t quite picture if they are inside the pool area though or even if they’re not if they are locked when the pool is closed? Any info appreciated.

The showers are located adjacent to the arcade [Laffert Place] and close to Beaches and Cream, and are not within the SAB pool area. So, yes there is 24/7 access to them.

We just booked a trip to the YC again for this November. I am seeing just normal rack rate prices. Any idea when AP discounts might be seen? Or are they gone already?

Sorry another one from me now I’m getting close to to the trip! I have a Garden View room booked. Since the refurbishment (we stayed prior to the last one) have all the rooms now got Day beds how many are doubles and is it still a lottery? I’ll take any view TBH for a day bed with a 16 (F) and 19 year old (M). When I booked it was just for me, hubby and DD as Uni son had decided he was ‘over’ Disney. He had a change of mind and asked to get added onto the booking after he’d been looking after himself a few months I’d have booked two moderate rooms originally if I’d known he was coming too or a one bed villa at OKW but this was always DDs post GCSE (English exams) trip and she really wanted to go back to the Beach Club.

Sorry another one from me now I’m getting close to to the trip! I have a Garden View room booked. Since the refurbishment (we stayed prior to the last one) have all the rooms now got Day beds how many are doubles and is it still a lottery? I’ll take any view TBH for a day bed with a 16 (F) and 19 year old (M). When I booked it was just for me, hubby and DD as Uni son had decided he was ‘over’ Disney. He had a change of mind and asked to get added onto the booking after he’d been looking after himself a few months I’d have booked two moderate rooms originally if I’d known he was coming too or a one bed villa at OKW but this was always DDs post GCSE (English exams) trip and she really wanted to go back to the Beach Club.
Still a bit of a lottery for day beds so I’d make that my number one request and state that you have children of opposite sexes. Hope your daughter’s Gcse exams go well :)

I am not sure how many rooms have daybeds, or if the number increased with the refurb or not.

Still a bit of a lottery for day beds so I’d make that my number one request and state that you have children of opposite sexes. Hope your daughter’s Gcse exams go well :)

Totally agree with this advice. Call into Disney's central reservations office and let them know you have teen children of opposite genders and a daybed is your priority request.

When you check-in, if you find out that your room does not have a daybed, go to the front desk (do not call) and see what rooms may be available, either on that day, or the next day if you are willing to switch.

::yes::

We just booked a trip to the YC again for this November. I am seeing just normal rack rate prices. Any idea when AP discounts might be seen? Or are they gone already?
The current passholder discount is for dates through August 30th. I don't know when they will release dates that include November but my guess would be that it would be closer to late summer or early fall.

I am not sure how many rooms have daybeds, or if the number increased with the refurb or not.

Totally agree with this advice. Call into Disney's central reservations office and let them know you have teen children of opposite genders and a daybed is your priority request.

When you check-in, if you find out that your room does not have a daybed, go to the front desk (do not call) and see what rooms may be available, either on that day, or the next day if you are willing to switch.

::yes::

This is worrying me now. We have 5 people staying at YC and are going in 3 weeks. I called Disney to ask if I needed to make special request for a Day Bed and they told me no. All rooms have day beds. I hope she knew what she was talking about. I asked about balconies too and they said that all rooms have balconies.

This is worrying me now. We have 5 people staying at YC and are going in 3 weeks. I called Disney to ask if I needed to make special request for a Day Bed and they told me no. All rooms have day beds. I hope she knew what she was talking about. I asked about balconies too and they said that all rooms have balconies.
If you have 5 people, I am fairly certain you will be assigned a room with a daybed. If not available, I believe they have brought in a roll away in the past. They will not out you in a room that only sleeps 4.

Can anybody tell me if the boat service to Hollywood Studios is back up and running? I haven't seen mention of it anywhere but granted I didn't read too far back.

Has anyone ever ordered pizza and had it delivered, or brought a pizza from the boardwalk back to the pool? Not sure if this allowed... thanks!

We’re here. Only one room is ready yet, but we have 5710. Standard view club level, so the roof is below us, but you can see spaceship earth from the full balcony, which is cool. We’re not right next to the lounge or the service elevator, so I’m pretty happy with the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter