Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Good morning, all! I've been so focused on the info in the introductory posts, I forgot I could come to the recent posts to get updates, LOL ...

One week until our first stay ever at the Beach Club! It'll be myself, my husband, my son (9) and my daughter (5). No particular celebration, except that we haven't been to WDW since 2015.

We will be there from June 14-18, with only three days in the parks (the main part of our vacation is a weeklong stay at Anna Maria Island). Because of the relatively "short" stay, I was able to convince my husband a stay at BC was relatively more affordable than usual, ha ha ... We've got reservations for Beaches and Cream on the day of arrival *and* the day of departure, so I believe we are all set, yes? :teeth:

This is our first June visit, and I'm wondering how seriously I should take the warnings about mosquitoes this time of year, both at WDW and off-site at Anna Maria Island. My son and I seem to be particularly tasty to them, so I'm hoping at least basic preparation -- repellent plus bite remedies -- is enough.

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I don't really know the answer to your question about mosquitos, but I saw this thread on the resorts forum. Maybe you did, too:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/mosquito-activity-anyone-there-now.3650191/

I asked a few days ago if spray cans of Off were still being left in the resort rooms at checkin.

:goodvibes

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I don't really know the answer to your question about mosquitos, but I saw this thread on the resorts forum. Maybe you did, too:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/mosquito-activity-anyone-there-now.3650191/

I asked a few days ago if spray cans of Off were still being left in the resort rooms at checkin.

:goodvibes

I didn't see that thread, so thank you! (Funnily enough, the only reason I found the tail end of this thread -- rather than just focusing on the information posts at the beginning -- is because of the recent posts about mosquito repellent being available at the BC. It was toward the top of my search results.)

Coming for work July 19-22, so you can add me to the list as well. First time CL at Beach Club. Any hints?

Good morning, all! I've been so focused on the info in the introductory posts, I forgot I could come to the recent posts to get updates, LOL ...

One week until our first stay ever at the Beach Club! It'll be myself, my husband, my son (9) and my daughter (5). No particular celebration, except that we haven't been to WDW since 2015.

We will be there from June 14-18, with only three days in the parks (the main part of our vacation is a weeklong stay at Anna Maria Island). Because of the relatively "short" stay, I was able to convince my husband a stay at BC was relatively more affordable than usual, ha ha ... We've got reservations for Beaches and Cream on the day of arrival *and* the day of departure, so I believe we are all set, yes? :teeth:

This is our first June visit, and I'm wondering how seriously I should take the warnings about mosquitoes this time of year, both at WDW and off-site at Anna Maria Island. My son and I seem to be particularly tasty to them, so I'm hoping at least basic preparation -- repellent plus bite remedies -- is enough.

Definitely take it seriously! Bring repellent and after-bite treatment.

Disney does have large mosquito repellent pumps at various locations throughout the parks. And periodically (during months where mosquitoes are prevalent), many of the resorts (deluxes for sure) put mosquito repellent in the guest rooms.

I know it's hard to wear long sleeves and pants this time of year, but it is a good idea to cover up as much as possible - especially at dusk when the bugs are really biting! ;)

Definitely take it seriously! Bring repellent and after-bite treatment.

Disney does have large mosquito repellent pumps at various locations throughout the parks. And periodically (during months where mosquitoes are prevalent), many of the resorts (deluxes for sure) put mosquito repellent in the guest rooms.

I know it's hard to wear long sleeves and pants this time of year, but it is a good idea to cover up as much as possible - especially at dusk when the bugs are really biting! ;)
Last summer I had such terrible bites, I had to buy topical Benadryl, which is sold both in parks and resorts. It was great with stopping the itching. I also put on some hydrocortisone cream for swelling. Those bugs are killers!

Hi there! Arrived today and after being so super excited and enjoying the day at the pool- we ended up waiting over an hour for our room to be ready. They finally texted us at 4, an hour after check in time. Then we called for our bags and they said it could take up to 5 hours for the bags to come. Lastly, we requested a room close to the lobby and we are a super far hike away. Now we are in an uber trying to rush to meet our first fast pass at 420, a little disappointing day but we are pretty easy going so hope the rest of the trip doesn’t have any major hiccups! A day at Disney beats any day at home!!!

In cases like this I recommend packing duct tape, Benadryl and a LARGE bottle of grain alcohol, you know, the kind of grain alcohol that is behind the counter at the PA. state stores. At least it was behind the counter, locked away when I was in college. For some reason, the people working in the State Stores in North philly would always let me buy alcohol when I was a freshman in college. That's how I know where they keep the grain alcohol.

Anyway you need to duct tape the ornery children together and put them in the closet in your room. Tell Housekeeping you have a service animal in your room and they will leave you alone. The kids will probably be barking and snarling so that will totally be believable. If there is a security check scheduled for your room 'Benadryl' the children so they can't argue with each other during this room sweep. Don't worry, "Housekeeping Security" is only looking to see if you took the runners off the foot of the bed. There is no other logical explanation for what they are doing during these sweeps.

Next up: Make Sunken Treasure drinks with the grain alcohol. I think the recipe is one ounce of grain alcohol for each problem child. Add the green stuff and a cherry and put that in your refillable mug. Go ride Spaceship Earth while sipping your Sunken Treasure on steroids. Apologize to your liver because that grain alcohol is doing a number on it.

Dragging around that refillable mug with a grain alcohol Sunken Treasure in it is exhausting so it's time to hit the lazy river at Stormalong Bay. I'm not sure if they put cup holders on the pool tubes yet so you will have to check. If they haven't gotten around to that you'll need to complain vociferously to hotel management. We got a new locker room that way so cup holders on the pool tubes should be a breeze.

If this plan isn't working for you you can probably still drop the children off at the fire station and tell the authorities they are unwanted. Sometimes just driving by the fire station and threatening the problem child/children with abandonment is enough to get them to behave. The one thing you have to watch out for is the other kids ganging up on the crabby child and pushing them out of the car when you do the fire station drive by.

Dropping children off at the fire station as unwanted is more like horse shoes than darts. The drop off doesn't have to be exact. If you can dump them within 200 feet it still counts as a drop off. Pro Tip: if you see a note pinned to the back of the problem child stating they are being given up by his brothers and sisters it's a sure sign that they plan on pushing him out of the car during the fire station drive by.

I hope that helps...

~NM
PS My money is on the 6 year old winning basement thunder dome. How can you bet against a 6 year old that sharpens her teeth to prepare for battle?

The six-year-old just has to ask the Amazon Echo to play Let it Go twice in a row and she’s won.

:welcome: back!

When is your trip?

As far as I know, BC rooms still have the Cuisinart pod coffee machines.

:coffee:

Thank you!!! We are at BC August 13-23. I was hoping they had switched out the coffeemakers at BC too. I actually bring my own Keurig every time. Maybe by August...

Last summer I had such terrible bites, I had to buy topical Benadryl, which is sold both in parks and resorts. It was great with stopping the itching. I also put on some hydrocortisone cream for swelling. Those bugs are killers!

I always bring Benadryl, Hydrocortisone, Neosporin, and Bandaids with me!

Besides mosquitoes, there are mites (chiggers, I think?) who can do some serious biting. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter