• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello Beach and Yacht Club friends! Wow, you have been busy since I last checked in on this thread last fall!

Please bear with me as I have only scanned the last few pages, but I'm currently planning a potential trip late November (right after Thanksgiving) and have booked a "room only" at the Yacht Club.

I've never stayed at YC, as Beach Club has always been my most favorite Deluxe, but I've invited myself to come along with a family - they said yes cause I'm doing all the planning for them!LOL! They will be potentially staying at the Dolphin on Marriott points, so I thought the YC would be the shortest distance between resorts.

Since the room I'm looking for would be Garden/Woods view, and I LOVE to sit on the balcony in the morning with coffee and evening with wine, just listening to nature rather than the hustle and bustle of the resort, I'm thinking my room request should be for a highest floor room (I think that would be 3rd floor for GV), closest to the water view rooms at the end of the hall - at least that what Touring Plans views seems to indicate.

I also am not good going up stairs (knee replacement following my fiasco last fall with breaking my little toe first night at BC, and depending on a knee scooter, which eventually flipped me right on to my old arthritic knee) , and the location of the elevator is important for any but ground floor...

What do you think....I like ground floor at BC garden view rooms closest to Epcot.... would a ground floor at YC facing the trees between Dolphin & YC be good too - I know there is a door to the outside not TOO far from that location. (Is that the "secret" door?)

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say "hello again" and see if anyone has input.... Thanks in advance! :)
Jeanne

This may be a silly question, but we haven't stayed at YC/BC in years... I'm noticing that YC is considerably less expensive than BC for our trip. Is there a reason why?

This may be a silly question, but we haven't stayed at YC/BC in years... I'm noticing that YC is considerably less expensive than BC for our trip. Is there a reason why?
Funny - must be different for different dates, but I'm seeing basically the same rate for Garden/Woods between BC and YC for my dates

What do you think....I like ground floor at BC garden view rooms closest to Epcot.... would a ground floor at YC facing the trees between Dolphin & YC be good too - I know there is a door to the outside not TOO far from that location. (Is that the "secret" door?)
The rooms that are closest to the Dolphin are also the farthest rooms from the lobby. There is an elevator by the secret door, the one that comes out close to the marina, but it has a few steps. If you want to be close to your friends and can handle a few steps, then this area would be the one you want. Otherwise, with your knee problems, you might want to ask for a room close to the lobby.

The rooms that are closest to the Dolphin are also the farthest rooms from the lobby. There is an elevator by the secret door, the one that comes out close to the marina, but it has a few steps. If you want to be close to your friends and can handle a few steps, then this area would be the one you want. Otherwise, with your knee problems, you might want to ask for a room close to the lobby.

Thanks, Sue. I can do a few steps, and hopefully by the time of my trip, more than a few shouldn't be a problem. It's just two flights of steps would probably be challenging! Lobby would only really be used for bus and breakfast, and of course shopping! I can handle that walk.

Also, if this is the doggie area, I really don't have any problems with that...I live with a pack of ankle bitters, so am quite used to all that goes along with them. :dog:

Hi all!

I'm still here lurking, waiting for 2020!

I'm done with my trip planning for our other vacations, so back to Disney day dreaming. :p

Easter is April 12 that year, so we've narrowed our dates to either 4/22-5/1 or 4/29-5/8. I just need to decide by this December so I can book room only over the phone at 499 days! Baby steps....

Are the hours pretty short at the end of October?
We were there last October [18 - 26] at the BCVs and if I recall correctly, SAB would open at 9:00 AM and close at either 8:00 or 9:00 PM. Having said that, the weather was not the best for our trip so the closing hours could have been a day to day decision. I think you can minimally expect an 8:00 PM closure, maybe 9:00.

Well, our trip will be ending in just a couple days, but I will admit I am impressed with the changes here at the Beach Club at the club level. I was not impressed with the cast in the past at all, felt they were not friendly at all and not very helpful either. Have seen a BIG change this trip. Bonnie and Lauren are 2 that I have dealt with most of the times, Bonnie checked us in, and they were fantastic!

Now, about room checks, the only times I have noticed thishAve been the rooms that have had the room occupied signs on them for most of the day. We never used our sign at all. One room near us had it on the door almost all the time. I did finally see a manager knock on the door yesterday about 4:30 pm and ask if could come in and check the room.

It has been a great trip and we are looking forward to returning in September with our son and his family.

Well, our trip will be ending in just a couple days, but I will admit I am impressed with the changes here at the Beach Club at the club level. I was not impressed with the cast in the past at all, felt they were not friendly at all and not very helpful either. Have seen a BIG change this trip. Bonnie and Lauren are 2 that I have dealt with most of the times, Bonnie checked us in, and they were fantastic.
it’s so good to hear your trip report! I have been a bit nervous about the lukewarm BC CL reviews, but not many recently. How have the food options been for you? There have been lots of yummy YC CL photos- wondering if BC CL food has been great, too?
Enjoy the rest of your trip, and thank you for taking time to post!

We were there last October [18 - 26] at the BCVs and if I recall correctly, SAB would open at 9:00 AM and close at either 8:00 or 9:00 PM. Having said that, the weather was not the best for our trip so the closing hours could have been a day to day decision. I think you can minimally expect an 8:00 PM closure, maybe 9:00.
Thanks!

Well, our trip will be ending in just a couple days, but I will admit I am impressed with the changes here at the Beach Club at the club level. I was not impressed with the cast in the past at all, felt they were not friendly at all and not very helpful either. Have seen a BIG change this trip. Bonnie and Lauren are 2 that I have dealt with most of the times, Bonnie checked us in, and they were fantastic!

Now, about room checks, the only times I have noticed thishAve been the rooms that have had the room occupied signs on them for most of the day. We never used our sign at all. One room near us had it on the door almost all the time. I did finally see a manager knock on the door yesterday about 4:30 pm and ask if could come in and check the room.

It has been a great trip and we are looking forward to returning in September with our son and his family.

Thank you for the updates you have posted. We are staying BC CL in August and it's nice to hear that you have had a positive experience. Can't wait to go! Hit our double digit countdown day today :banana:

Hi all! When requesting a room at BC during online check-in, I see you can select ground floor, lower floor, and large balcony (among other options that don't pertain to my question here). We'd prefer a first or second floor room with a large balcony/patio. Does anyone know if selecting "large balcony" precludes you from getting a patio? Do they consider the first floor patios to be balconies? Or should I just check the request "ground floor" box? I do not want to contradict my requests.

Hey guys! My husband really wants to get the Guinness Stout Float one night at Beaches and Cream... Although we have a lunch reservation one early afternoon, he’d prefer to get it at night. Can you order them at the walk up window? Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter