Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just stayed at BC for Princess Half Marathon Weekend. We have had trips booked here, but always ended up at a different resort for some reason or another. OMG, I loved it. It’s now in my top 3 favorite resorts.

I had a standard room booked and was upgraded to a garden view. Room 3584 did not have a full balcony, but I didn’t care about one. We faced Epcot overlooking a wooded area. It was very quiet during the day, but the fireworks were LOUD! It didn’t bother me. However, the early morning races can be another story. The 10K woke my daughter up because she could hear all the music and the announcers at 4am. She was not a happy girl. I ran all three races so I don’t know first hand just how loud it was. Just thought I would give some warning LOL!

I had a room only reservation and paid the balance off in January. When I arrived I was told I had an exorbitant balance due. I nearly fainted. After some research by the front desk they figured out that when I was upgraded that something wasn’t overridden and it wiped out my all my payment information. They fixed it and all was good again!

During our July BC stay (so excited!!) we will be leaving Epcot after Illuminations (9:00 show) and heading to MK EMH hours (10pm-12am). We LOVE the idea of taking the monorail but I am wondering about the time involved to walk to the station and wait to board. Will the line after Illuminations be CRAZY?? Would it be that much faster to walk back to the BC and catch the MK bus from there? How often do they run that late at night? Loving this thread and thanks for any help!
Yes, the monorail line after Illuminations will be CRAZY! Either walk back to BC and bus to MK or grab a Minnie Van.

Our upcoming stay is YC CL from May 6th to May 12th. We are coming into Disney on May 4th and was suppose to stay at PORS from May 4th to May 6th but I really did not want to do a split stay if I did not have to. Well my husband agreed to stay the whole trip now at the YC. Well I could not get a CL room for the two nights. I am under a cast members friends and family so there was none available. I was able to get a woods view for the two nights. What is the best way to try and not have to store everything at bell services? Would I be able to try for a late check out for the non cl room and hope that our cl room is ready early. Also if I am able to do this will they let me use the lounge that day we are moving room if I am able to get a late check out. I was not sure if I would have to be checked out of one room prior to checking into the cl room. I am hoping they will let us its one less breakfast I have to worry about. Sorry this is so long.

Also please change out stay dates from May 6-12 to now May 4-12.

Thanks!!

I had a room only reservation and paid the balance off in January. When I arrived I was told I had an exorbitant balance due. I nearly fainted. After some research by the front desk they figured out that when I was upgraded that something wasn’t overridden and it wiped out my all my payment information. They fixed it and all was good again!

Yikes I would have panicked as we usually pay off the balance in Dis gift cards that we would have at home. I always save them just in case, oh my!

I'm still here, patiently waiting, still on for 2020!

In exciting news, I just figured out I can book at 499 days out (room only) this December! That's something, right? :rotfl: We normally never book that early, but with Star Wars Land opening in 2019 and Yacht Club being so close, I just want to make sure we've got something on the books. Can adjust package stuff later if we want when those prices come out.

It's so hard, normally we vacation other places, but this year in an effort to save for something else, we aren't going on vacation. :(
Pretty sure I didn't vote for that...

Just stayed at BC for Princess Half Marathon Weekend. We have had trips booked here, but always ended up at a different resort for some reason or another. OMG, I loved it. It’s now in my top 3 favorite resorts.

I had a standard room booked and was upgraded to a garden view. Room 3584 did not have a full balcony, but I didn’t care about one. We faced Epcot overlooking a wooded area. It was very quiet during the day, but the fireworks were LOUD! It didn’t bother me. However, the early morning races can be another story. The 10K woke my daughter up because she could hear all the music and the announcers at 4am. She was not a happy girl. I ran all three races so I don’t know first hand just how loud it was. Just thought I would give some warning LOL!

I was down the hall from you in Room 3520 facing Epcot this past weekend and it was loud! It woke me up too.

My 3 year old and I just arrived back last night from an absolutely amazing relaxing weekend at the BC. I originally booked at the YC but then I forgot they do not have bathtubs anymore so we switched to the BC GV. We did not go to the parks and just stayed at SAB all day Saturday and then Sunday afternoon as well as all day yesterday until we had to go to the airport. I highly recommend trying a resort only stay, as it was so relaxing and the CM's were outstanding. We even tried Cape May for the first time for dinner and really enjoyed it. We can't wait to go back to our fav :)

My 3 year old and I just arrived back last night from an absolutely amazing relaxing weekend at the BC. I originally booked at the YC but then I forgot they do not have bathtubs anymore so we switched to the BC GV. We did not go to the parks and just stayed at SAB all day Saturday and then Sunday afternoon as well as all day yesterday until we had to go to the airport. I highly recommend trying a resort only stay, as it was so relaxing and the CM's were outstanding. We even tried Cape May for the first time for dinner and really enjoyed it. We can't wait to go back to our fav :)
I'm glad that you both had a great stay at the BC. Just to clarify, though, the refurbished rooms at the YC do indeed have bathtubs. I believe that the majority of the Queen/Queen rooms have tubs with showerheads, while the majority of the King rooms have walk-in showers.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...complete-2017.3400342/page-1158#post-58865718

I'm glad that you both had a great stay at the BC. Just to clarify, though, the refurbished rooms at the YC do indeed have bathtubs. I believe that the majority of the Queen/Queen rooms have tubs with showerheads, while the majority of the King rooms have walk-in showers.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...complete-2017.3400342/page-1158#post-58865718

Thank you for that both the CM on the phone and the front desk at BC told me they do not. We are currently booked the first week in June at the YC on a bounceback and will request a tub for my little man.

My adult son and I stayed at the YC two weeks ago. Our room had two queens and a tub/shower combination. So, next time you are planning a trip, know that you can have a bathtub at the YC.

Thank you for that both the CM on the phone and the front desk at BC told me they do not. We are currently booked the first week in June at the YC on a bounceback and will request a tub for my little man.

As far as I know, the only way you can talk to the front desk at the BC is if you are actually in the BC and you walk up to the front desk. I believe that if you think you are calling the front desk, you are actually talking to someone at an off-site Call Center, who may or may not be knowledgeable about the resort. My understanding is that this applies whether you are placing the call from home or from a room in the BC.

As far as I know, the only way you can talk to the front desk at the BC is if you are actually in the BC and you walk up to the front desk. I believe that if you think you are calling the front desk, you are actually talking to someone at an off-site Call Center, who may or may not be knowledgeable about the resort. My understanding is that this applies whether you are placing the call from home or from a room in the BC.

I read @vettegirl 's post as meaning that she asked the BC front desk CM in person. I've found that many of the CMs at a number of the resorts have never actually been in a room at the resort at which they work. That seems crazy and something that management could easily address in orientation or training. In this case, the BC CM was commenting on the rooms at YC.

Anyway, I'm mostly reentering the thread because ONLY 3 MORE SLEEPS! We check in on Saturday.

I read @vettegirl 's post as meaning that she asked the BC front desk CM in person. I've found that many of the CMs at a number of the resorts have never actually been in a room at the resort at which they work. That seems crazy and something that management could easily address in orientation or training. In this case, the BC CM was commenting on the rooms at YC.

Anyway, I'm mostly reentering the thread because ONLY 3 MORE SLEEPS! We check in on Saturday.

Ah, got it.

I once stopped at the Concierge Desk in the lobby of the Beach Club and asked which floor in the Beach Club Villas I needed to go to for the laundry room. He told me there was no laundry room in the Beach Club Villas. He said I had to use the BC laundry room. Wrong! Every DVC has a laundry room. (At the time there was a Concierge Desk in the BC lobby and no information or check-in desk in the BCV building.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter