Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

859490F6-306D-4668-9823-99B1B5513FAA.jpeg FBC3B9A8-FDDB-4D86-B29D-CD69C6738854.jpeg B3C891F6-7B5B-4318-AF03-FA3B1990BFC5.jpeg A few more pictures of the view from 2091 at Yacht Club. As I mentioned, the wedding gazebo is in front of our balcony sightly offset to the left. The view to the right say (at two o'clock) is the bridge to Boardwalk and further to the right is a view of the Boardwalk. Our room does not have a tub and we haven't had any problems with noise (though we did request a box fan). Still haven't seen any dogs in the resorts (though saw someone's pet dogs at Epcot yesterday in a stroller -- thought that wasn't allowed?).

If your walking to HS from BC- are there any benches to sit on along the walkway after you go past Boardwalk? Or is it one straight walk with no areas to sit? I had knee replacement 3 months ago and didn't know if I could walk it in one straight shot.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Just got back from a 7-day stay at Beach Club Villas in a studio room on the 3rd floor. It was our first time staying there and it definitely won’t be our last. We absolutely LOVED Beach Club - it’s a beautiful resort, the CMs were wonderful, the pool was great, and we loved being able to walk to Epcot and Boardwalk area and boat to HS.

As much as I would love to try another resort, I can definitely see us staying here again for our next trip. I’m an official BC lover!

If your walking to HS from BC- are there any benches to sit on along the walkway after you go past Boardwalk? Or is it one straight walk with no areas to sit? I had knee replacement 3 months ago and didn't know if I could walk it in one straight shot.

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

No I don't believe there are any benches on that path. We walked it last week from HS to BCV. I wasn't looking for benches but I am pretty sure there weren't any

Any signs of Holiday decorations at the resorts yet? We arrive a week from today! :banana:
there are lots of Christmas decorations up at the resorts and in the Parks. But there are no huge Christmas trees up yet as of today anyway. There is a tree up in Hollywood Studios. In the middle of Echo Lake. one day it was Halloween, with pumpkins and fall leaves, and the next day it was Christmas complete with Christmas songs being played in the Parks! Amazing!

No I don't believe there are any benches on that path. We walked it last week from HS to BCV. I wasn't looking for benches but I am pretty sure there weren't any

This is my recollection as well - no benches between BoardWalk and Hollywood Studios.

Question for those who have rented SeaRaycers/boats from the Marina at YC. Where can you go with the boats? Are you restricted to just the small circle lake in the middle there or can you run it to World Showcase or over by the Swan/Dolphin lakes?

Any help would be great as I'm thinking of doing this with my wife one morning!

We got back from our wonderful girls only trip four weeks ago after which I promptly started a new job so I've been a very lax DIS boards contributor! It was my second stay at the Yacht Club (third stay in the Y&B resort) and my Mum's first stay. Although we worked out my 8th visit and my Mum's 9th :D We had a lovely stay and I am going to be starting a full trip report either tonight or tomorrow but I thought I would do a quick brief on YC here!

The Good:
Loved the refurbished rooms.

The grab n go food options were really handy.

As usual the very easy walk to Epcot :love:

Housekeeping, we asked for early room service every day and got it, they were also great at leaving extra tea (we're British after all :rotfl2:)

Stormalong Bay - My Mum's first time in SAB and she loved it.

The Bad:

Sound proofing - we were very lucky with our room but Ic Ould see how noisy neighbours would be a nightmare in the new rooms.

Light - I used a towel every night to block the light coming into the room.

The Weird:
We were asked to move to the Beach Club on check in... I am sure many on the board would have jumped at the chance of an upgrade to Club level but I hadn't stayed at the YC since honeymoon and I wanted to see the refurbished rooms plus the room we would be moved to wouldn't have had a full balcony (MAJOR minus for me). Yes many of you think I am nuts but we refused the upgrade and actually ended up with an upgrade to a lagoon view on the gazebo wing of YC anyway.

The symposium. Oh my goodness were there a lot of delegates for this tech symposium but they did make the YC a bit manic. There were golf buggies everywhere when we were waiting for bus travel and the super stressed work ethic clashed a bit with our holiday vibe, it wasn't bad but was weird. I think the non-Disney knowledgable delegates were a bit bemused too when they saw two adult women wearing mouse ears and costumes on the way to MNSSHP, we got some stares but we wanted to point out that it was them and their lanyards/stressed looks that were out of place at the YC!!

Transport - OK not weird but just not great, we had a couple of long waits for buses, especially on return from the parks at night, not bad enough to go on the bad list but...

Other notes:

Air con was absolutely perfect, even a bit too good at times. Brrr.

If anybody is interested in more of our trip I've started a trip report here.

Here’s a video of the walk from Epcot to DHS

thank you. I have never walked this path before- so I never knew it came out by the parking lot of Hollywood Studios- I see benches by the parking lot to sit on. I might have to attempt the walk!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

We are booked at BC in a Pool/Lagoon Room club level room for 10 nights over March Break (with 4 nights at HRH club level before we go to WDW --- which is different for us as we usually stay at WDW first then move to UO which should change things up a bit..) For our BC stay we're hoping for a more quiet room with a full balcony.... does anyone have suggestions for areas we should ask for to get a quiet room for our booking category...

Question for those who have rented SeaRaycers/boats from the Marina at YC. Where can you go with the boats? Are you restricted to just the small circle lake in the middle there or can you run it to World Showcase or over by the Swan/Dolphin lakes?

Any help would be great as I'm thinking of doing this with my wife one morning!

You can not take it in to World Showcase or past the bridge from BC to BW! However, you can take it to the Swan/Dolphin area and up the canal to HS! We rented them a few years ago and it was a lot of fun! They'll outline the rules for you once you rent them.

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me where exactly on the 5th floor is the Stone Harbor Club? I'm sending in my room request and would like to be close to the concierge room, but I don't know where it is!

It is just off the elevators. Just ask for "close to lounge" or "close to elevators". Either one should work.

I am sorry if this has been discussed before! Does anyone know if the Carousel will still be up at BC on Jan 3? We will be there from the 3rd through the 9th and would love to see it!

TIA!!!

I am sorry if this has been discussed before! Does anyone know if the Carousel will still be up at BC on Jan 3? We will be there from the 3rd through the 9th and would love to see it!

TIA!!!
It's going to be close but I think yes. We were there last year [ETA I mean this year] for marathon weekend and it came down Thursday night/Friday morning. We're back again next year for marathon weekend so we'll find out together!

Last edited:
It's going to be close but I think yes. We were there last year for marathon weekend and it came down Thursday night/Friday morning. We're back again next year for marathon weekend so we'll find out together!

Thank you!!! We are running as well!!! Good luck! It is a day earlier this year as well, so fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter