• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm on the way to target to pick up a few last minute things. Our flight leaves at 5:30 am!! So we have 1 night akl, 6 nights contemporary and 6 beach club. I remember reading about pool noodles. Trying to see if they are still allowed and if they still sell them in the gift shop? It's our first time at all of these resorts, in reading it seems like maybe the noodles aren't allowed at all resorts?

I'm on the way to target to pick up a few last minute things. Our flight leaves at 5:30 am!! So we have 1 night akl, 6 nights contemporary and 6 beach club. I remember reading about pool noodles. Trying to see if they are still allowed and if they still sell them in the gift shop? It's our first time at all of these resorts, in reading it seems like maybe the noodles aren't allowed at all resorts?
I think they saddle them there. Have a great flight and stay.

Yes, they are allowed. Cost in the marketplace was around $5 I believe, last time I checked.

:fish:

OK, two VERY important questions, lol:
Does anyone know if there are gluten-free chicken tenders available at Hurricane Hannah's? Most QS places seem to have them, not so sure about HH.
AND
Are the pool lockers still there/available at SAB? I see the info on them on the first page of this thread, but I feel like something has changed, and I can't remember what it is. Also, does the pool have to be open for us to use them? I wanted to stash some things in there before we head to Epcot in the morning.
Thanks!

Just a random thought; looks like we may be on target for post #20,000 being on page 1,000. I know a lot of text and images have to fall the right way, but just saying! Okay, I have too much time on my hands! :fish:

I'm betting that post 20,000 is going to be on Page 1000.

I'm pretty sure there are always 20 posts per page.

:rolleyes1

What I have been wondering: is my 17,000th post going to fall on this page?

:teacher:

Does anyone know if there are gluten-free chicken tenders available at Hurricane Hannah's? Most QS places seem to have them, not so sure about HH.
AND
Are the pool lockers still there/available at SAB? I see the info on them on the first page of this thread, but I feel like something has changed, and I can't remember what it is. Also, does the pool have to be open for us to use them? I wanted to stash some things in there before we head to Epcot in the morning.
Thanks!

I don't know the answer to the first question- would love to hear confirmation

Last I knew, the lockers were still there (I believe I got a first hand report in June).

The thing that changed is the addition of the poolside changing rooms near Beaches and Cream. I have pictures in post 2, but now I can't remember if there are lockers in there. I'm thinking no... off to check...

:fish:

The lockers are inside the pool area and they are free to use. I would assume that you couldn't access the lockers until the pool opens but you could always ask the CM's if they will let you in. I would ask them the night before you want to do it.

There are lockers inside the International Gateway that you can rent, but they cost something like $10.

Last I knew, the lockers were still there (I believe I got a first hand report in June).

The thing that changed is the addition of the poolside changing rooms near Beaches and Cream. I have pictures in post 2, but now I can't remember if there are lockers in there. I'm thinking no... off to check...
We used the pool lockers last month.

There aren't any lockers in the shower rooms, just a bench to put your clothes on while using the shower room. :)

Pool Hours-

What are the current pool hours at Stormalong Bay?

And if anyone remembers the hours in previous months, May-July, please post so I can update the Page 1, Post 2 info. I know they are in the thread somewhere and I could search...

:cool2:

There was some confusion over conflicting movie schedules for August I believe.

This is the copy of the calendar that was given to guests in early August. I think it is the same one I have posted on Page 1, Post 4

Aug 2017 MJ.jpg

:love:
Page 981

:welcome:

I'll pencil you in for 2019!

When are you able to book that?

Others have given helpful input about booking and then adding any discounts that Disney may offer. At this time, Disney has guest friendly cancelation or change policies, hopefully that will continue to be the case.

:goodvibes

:welcome: to posting here!

Thanks for the nice comments about the boat captains.

:boat:

:welcome:

I'll add you to the August Be Our Guest list.

Your requests sound good!

:thumbsup2

We are fairly certain that the date are going to be 9/15-9/22 The soonest that I can book the room is May 3rd 2018 (not that I have an alarm set on my phone or anything). I'm really hoping that this all works out, I have never stayed at a Deluxe before that this one has always been a favorite to look at. We are also doing 3 days at Universal before we come to Disney. I'm excited to see Universal but Disney will always be home. I appreciate all the helpful advise. I love the Disney community, everyone is so friendly and helpful!

Pool Hours-

What are the current pool hours at Stormalong Bay?

And if anyone remembers the hours in previous months, May-July, please post so I can update the Page 1, Post 2 info. I know they are in the thread somewhere and I could search...

:cool2:
Pool hours were 9am-10pm until end of our trip 10th July

AND
Thanks!

Just a word of warning about leaving stuff in the lockers then heading to Epcot. We did that one year on our arrival day while waiting for our room to be ready. We had a few things we didn't feel comfortable leaving unlocked with bell services & also didn't want to carry around all day. So I got the bright idea to leave them in a locker at the pool. And then it started storming with lightening. So the pool closed. We checked with one the lifeguards who hang out in the hotel waiting for it to reopen. They would not let us go get our stuff, "too dangerous". We went to our room to wait it out. But it kept raining. We were getting concerned that the pool would close for the night so my DH went back & finally one of the lifeguards ran out & got our stuff from the locker for him. Lesson learned.

The pool deck can be closed at any time for lightening, even when you can't see it. So you might not be able to access your locker for hours. And if the lifeguards leave, the gates are locked & you can't get to them. If you are going into Epcot, the lockers at IG might be a better option, just in case.

So I just went to do online check-in. I let my TA make room requests and leave that section blank, but I like to let the resort know when we're arriving. This time, in the spot for arrival information, it just said "Disney's Magical Express," and there was no place for me to add anything about flight information. Is this newish? I assume this means that through Magical Express, the resort in fact knows when we're arriving? I only ask because our first day plan is to get to the BC before noontime and pool it up before dinner at 5, and we'd love to have our room to change/shower in.

So I just went to do online check-in. I let my TA make room requests and leave that section blank, but I like to let the resort know when we're arriving. This time, in the spot for arrival information, it just said "Disney's Magical Express," and there was no place for me to add anything about flight information. Is this newish? I assume this means that through Magical Express, the resort in fact knows when we're arriving? I only ask because our first day plan is to get to the BC before noontime and pool it up before dinner at 5, and we'd love to have our room to change/shower in.

I have a split stay in September and my first resort (one we are using ME for) is just like yours, and my second resort I am still able to go in and select a time. This is the first time I have ever seen this, and I know that I changed my resort arrival time quite a few times for my April trip, even after I added in ME. Someone on another thread yesterday said they were seeing the same thing even though they weren't using ME, but mine is only locking me out of my trip that is associated with ME.

I have a split stay in September and my first resort (one we are using ME for) is just like yours, and my second resort I am still able to go in and select a time. This is the first time I have ever seen this, and I know that I changed my resort arrival time quite a few times for my April trip, even after I added in ME. Someone on another thread yesterday said they were seeing the same thing even though they weren't using ME, but mine is only locking me out of my trip that is associated with ME.

I did online check in for BC on Monday and I was able to enter an arrival time for two separate rooms. We aren't using ME. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter