• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi

We (me, mom, ds and dd) stayed at the BC for 9 nights at the end of July and I thought that I would post a mini review for anyone who is thinking of staying there (Disclaimer, BC/YC is my favorite resort) :)

We arrived after midnight and were given a garden room on the 3rd floor with a daybed (request #1) but not a full balcony (request #2). They said that we could come back in the morning and request a different room. The room was at the closest end to Epcot and was fine, but my mom really wanted a full balcony. We requested a change in the morning and they accommodated us. New room was great...view of Epcot (could see Illuminations) with balcony and daybed..it was very quiet and was room #4596 if anyone is interested.

Room was very clean and mousekeeping was great. DD (12) got what we think was food poisoning one night and threw up all over the carpet. Mousekeeping shampooed the rug and changed all linens for each night of our stay...housekeeping manager came by and told me that they would do this. They sent up complimentary Sprite and saltine crackers and mac n cheese from Yachtsman Steakhouse that night when she was feeling better. Best of all, we had a FP for Flight of Passage that we missed due to her being sick. Since FoP is new, they can't replace it like other FPs. The front desk manager called AK guest relations and they replaced it with an anytime FoP FP for later in the week when we would be at AK. :thumbsup2

We were celebrating DS birthday while we were there. He had requested going to Beaches & Cream for dinner, swimming in the pool and going to roast marshmallows at the campfire. Well it poured during dinner with thunder and lightning. We asked the pool manager if the were going to do the campfire and he said that he would text me if they were. I told him that it was DS birthday and he really wanted to do s'mores. Around 7:30 he texted me that there would be no campfire and asked me for my room number. He had a plate of s'mores and a glass of milk sent up for DS.

Another day, we were going to MK around 4 in the afternoon. We saw a MK bus about to leave and DS started running for it. The bus pulled out without seeing my son. The valet attendant saw all of this and called us over. There was a minnievan there (they were testing them out) and they offered to take us to the MK. It was awesome! They drop you as close to the MK entrance as they can. The driver told us that the service would be going live soon and said that they would be charging $20 for rides. Definitely worth it for MK. We took Uber to Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon and they were each about $7 each way.

In all we had another fantastic stay. I prefer the YC (which is where we usually stay) because the majority of the rooms have a full balcony and the lobby is quieter. We had a "magical deal" that was only good at the BC. Both resorts are fantastic and my favorite due to location, etc. Hope this helps anyone who is on the fence about staying here!

Hi

We (me, mom, ds and dd) stayed at the BC for 9 nights at the end of July and I thought that I would post a mini review for anyone who is thinking of staying there (Disclaimer, BC/YC is my favorite resort) :)

We arrived after midnight and were given a garden room on the 3rd floor with a daybed (request #1) but not a full balcony (request #2). They said that we could come back in the morning and request a different room. The room was at the closest end to Epcot and was fine, but my mom really wanted a full balcony. We requested a change in the morning and they accommodated us. New room was great...view of Epcot (could see Illuminations) with balcony and daybed..it was very quiet and was room #4596 if anyone is interested.

Room was very clean and mousekeeping was great. DD (12) got what we think was food poisoning one night and threw up all over the carpet. Mousekeeping shampooed the rug and changed all linens for each night of our stay...housekeeping manager came by and told me that they would do this. They sent up complimentary Sprite and saltine crackers and mac n cheese from Yachtsman Steakhouse that night when she was feeling better. Best of all, we had a FP for Flight of Passage that we missed due to her being sick. Since FoP is new, they can't replace it like other FPs. The front desk manager called AK guest relations and they replaced it with an anytime FoP FP for later in the week when we would be at AK. :thumbsup2

We were celebrating DS birthday while we were there. He had requested going to Beaches & Cream for dinner, swimming in the pool and going to roast marshmallows at the campfire. Well it poured during dinner with thunder and lightning. We asked the pool manager if the were going to do the campfire and he said that he would text me if they were. I told him that it was DS birthday and he really wanted to do s'mores. Around 7:30 he texted me that there would be no campfire and asked me for my room number. He had a plate of s'mores and a glass of milk sent up for DS.

Another day, we were going to MK around 4 in the afternoon. We saw a MK bus about to leave and DS started running for it. The bus pulled out without seeing my son. The valet attendant saw all of this and called us over. There was a minnievan there (they were testing them out) and they offered to take us to the MK. It was awesome! They drop you as close to the MK entrance as they can. The driver told us that the service would be going live soon and said that they would be charging $20 for rides. Definitely worth it for MK. We took Uber to Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon and they were each about $7 each way.

In all we had another fantastic stay. I prefer the YC (which is where we usually stay) because the majority of the rooms have a full balcony and the lobby is quieter. We had a "magical deal" that was only good at the BC. Both resorts are fantastic and my favorite due to location, etc. Hope this helps anyone who is on the fence about staying here!
Thank you for taking the time to write this up. Your trip sounds wonderful, even the food poison had a sliver line.

Hi

Question about the MK drop off - what does "as close to the MK entrance as they can" mean? Do they drop you off near Contemporary or near the MK bus drop off or where?

I can answer because I just did this! October 2016 I booked our family of 4 our 10 day vacation package staying at the Beach Club. Later when the "free meal" plan was announced at 3:30ish am on a Monday I began the phone calls to modify my plans. The phone lines were crazy busy and my calls beginning at 7am on two phone lines were answered around 11am and I called continuously. Very frustrating. When I finally got thorough there was no longer availability at the Beach Club but still rooms available with the "free" discount at the Yacht Club and would save me well over 2 thousand dollars. So your answer is yes! Book room or package now and modify as discounts are announced. This is what Disney recommends but I personally feel having our vacation booked did not make a difference when the discount was announced. The cast member had to "cancel" like you said and very quickly re-book! Few.... Lots of fun, stressful planning milestones along the way but September will be our vacation and we are very excited! Im sure it will be worth every step. Happy planning.
Thank you for the information! I will absolutely get a room booked. I did the math and I can book the room on May 3rd! 2 years is just too far away!

Wish they would release the Military discount, I'm anxious to see what the discount will be at Beach Club, what category that is will be on the discount.....:magnify:

I didn't realize that Disney did Military discounts, I though it was just Shades of Green? If you can point me in the direction of those discounts, I would truly appreciate it.

I've already done online check in saying we would arrive around 3 (I know there are no guarantees but we've never had to wait for a room doing online check in). We've now changed our plans a little and will be there much earlier. I'd like to update our check in time but I can't seem to access this part of the website again. We are staying CL, is this something I would bother them with?

Question about the MK drop off - what does "as close to the MK entrance as they can" mean? Do they drop you off near Contemporary or near the MK bus drop off or where?

They drop you off at the MK bus drop off..but it was the closest MK bus drop off there was....hope that helps!

Good Morning, Does anyone know how I can send a complimentary email to Beach Club management directly? Thank you!

Good Morning, Does anyone know how I can send a complimentary email to Beach Club management directly? Thank you!
Send your message to:

WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com

Place Beach Club Compliments in your subject line, and include your confirmation number. If you recall specific CM names, include them in your message.

Request that BC management receives your message.

Hi

I LOVE this report. Even though you had some things that didn't go right, you had such a great attitude and a little pixie dust sprinkled your way. That's why I love Disney.
You've got me all excited for our upcoming trip. First time staying at BC and I've always wanted to.

@Karebear - Another thanks for sharing your experiences! There can be so many complaints on the boards that it is so refreshing to read stories like yours. I am very sorry your daughter got sick, but I LOVE how Disney took care of you all and your room! Sounds like great memories!

I didn't realize that Disney did Military discounts, I though it was just Shades of Green? If you can point me in the direction of those discounts, I would truly appreciate it.
Go to Military Disney Tips website they can explain everything... Great website...

Disney's Yacht Club
1700 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
407-934-7000

I am going to order "skins" for our magic bands, they won't get to Canada in time so I'd like to get them shipped to the hotel. This is the address I use for Yacht Club? I'm aware there may be a charge for the package, still likely less than getting anything shipped here :) Thank you

I've already done online check in saying we would arrive around 3 (I know there are no guarantees but we've never had to wait for a room doing online check in). We've now changed our plans a little and will be there much earlier. I'd like to update our check in time but I can't seem to access this part of the website again. We are staying CL, is this something I would bother them with?
When I go into MDE I can click on Update Check In and then Show Details to change the time? Yours doesn't show that?

I am going to order "skins" for our magic bands, they won't get to Canada in time so I'd like to get them shipped to the hotel. This is the address I use for Yacht Club? I'm aware there may be a charge for the package, still likely less than getting anything shipped here :) Thank you

Yes, you had the correct address for shipping to the Yacht Club:
Disney's Yacht Club
1700 Epcot Resort Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
407-934-7000

I always put "hold for guest _____" with my name when I am shipping to the hotel. I do not put in my confirmation number or arrival date.

If you get a tracking number for the package, watch to see how it is delivered. UPS or FedEx should go to the hotel Convention Center. US Postal Service should go to the front desk of the hotel. But read through the tracking carefully. Sometimes it starts out UPS and ends up USPS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter