Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We were there in June and they still have it on the lunch menu. I love it too!
These are the current lunch offerings at Crew's Cup Lounge
(served 12:00 PM-2:00 PM):

Appetizers

Wedge Romaine Salad
Garlic-Peppercorn Cream, Bacon Lardons, Confit Tomatoes, and Blue Cheese
$9.00

Farmer's Market Salad
Roasted Beets, Strawberries, Caramelized Red Onion, Honeyed Goat Cheese, Almond Granola, and Sun-dried Cherry Vinaigrette
$10.00

New England Clam Chowder
Creamy Chowder with Clams, Potatoes, and Vegetables
$8.00

Buffalo Chicken Wings
Celery and Carrot Sticks and Blue Cheese Dressing
$12.00

Blackened Fish Tacos
Chilled Cucumber Slaw, Sliced Avocado, Chipotle Rémoulade, and Flour Tortillas
$15.00

Sandwiches and Entrées

Shaved Beef Sandwich
Vermont Cheddar and Candied Pepper Jam
$15.00

Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Smoked Gouda, Serrano Ham, Chipotle BBQ Sauce, and Seasoned Greens
$15.00

Yacht Club Burger
Signature Blend Beef, Swiss, Brandy-Peppercorn Sauce, Sautéed Mushrooms, Onion Jam, Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato
$18.00

New England Lobster Roll
served chilled on a Butter-toasted Roll with Chips
$19.00

Tomato and Mozzarella Sandwich
Tomato, fresh Mozzarella, chopped Arugula, and Vinaigrette on a Toasted Sea Salt Focaccia served with Chips
$13.00

If you take a taxi to any of those restaurants then you can count on a 20 minute ride. If you want to use Disney buses then you need a minimum of 40 minutes and a maximum of about an hour and 20 minutes.

BC to Ohana or California Grill- boat or walk to DHS, bus to resort
or bus to MK, boat or monorail to resort,
or walk through Epcot and take monorail

BC to Jiko - AK bus to park then AKL bus, or catch the AKL bus at DHS

Disney Springs bus is direct from the BC to DS - once the bus gets to the BC it is about 15 minutes to DS
We've taken cabs from YC to Poly for 'Ohana and AKL for Boma and yep, it takes 15-20 minutes max. We always take cab now when going somewhere for a meal.

17 days!! ... I decided on Boatwrights at POR. I've never been there! Probably the best way to get there would be Uber or a Minnie Van, right (if I can get my husband in it! LOL)?
I would concur that the most direct, easiest, and fastest way to get there from YC/BC would be Uber, Minnie Van, or taxi. Alternative would be to bus to a park and then take the resort bus from there. Adds another 20 minutes or so to the commute but it would be less expensive. Could make an adventure of it and go to Disney Springs and pick up the boat back to the Port Orleans complex. Always enjoyed that boat ride.
Boatwright's is an excellent choice for the large group. Good food, good atmosphere.
Katesdad

For our trip last October we stopped at Art of Animation, Pop, And Caribbean Beach prior to Beach Club.

I think it really depends on the time of day and who is at the DME terminal. It's been our experience *usually* to stop at CBR, then BWI, then BC, then YC, but your experience may vary.

All these are important to me also want a king room..:smokin:

Well, I'm just trying my best to help. :thumbsup2 It is common knowledge to prioritize your requests in order of importance, so if you want it all, I'd suggest that what you want most of all is first on the request. Good luck!

Well, I had to call to check on something for our upcoming trip in September, so I thought I would check on a water View room for our April trip. I was told I only had a 40% cast discount in April , but if I wanted a club level room I could get it for 50% off and it would only be $200 more than what I was paying for my garden view room. Well, after about 2 seconds of thinking, I said Yes!! It will be nice surprise for Jim. He does enjoy the lounge in the mornings and evenings.

Yes! We've been off CL for a while now, but are thinking of honeymooning CL at either BC or YC next year....it's a tough decision!

17 days!! I haven't been in four long years...

We have another family meeting us at Disney (that makes six families total coming - five staying at BC CL. You think I'd get some kind of commission! LOL) They are staying at Sheraton Vistana (I think that's what it's called) and we are meeting them for an adult dinner when they arrive. Last minute so a lot of the places in Disney Springs are booked... I decided on Boatwrights at POR. I've never been there! Probably the best way to get there would be Uber or a Minnie Van, right (if I can get my husband in it! LOL)?

We stayed at POR on a POR/YC split stay in 2013 and still talk about though it's not haute cuisine, it was one of the better meals we've ever had on WDW property! Enjoy!

On Saturday DW watched a family talk to a lifeguard at the small pool at the bottom of the stairs to the flying Jib slide about height restrictions to the slide. Then she saw them all come down the slide with their street clothes on, no magic bands or pool bands. Dw assumes they only did this once but why did the guard at the top let them down?

giphy.gif

I think it really depends on the time of day and who is at the DME terminal. It's been our experience *usually* to stop at CBR, then BWI, then BC, then YC, but your experience may vary.

Well, I'm just trying my best to help. :thumbsup2 It is common knowledge to prioritize your requests in order of importance, so if you want it all, I'd suggest that what you want most of all is first on the request. Good luck!

Yes! We've been off CL for a while now, but are thinking of honeymooning CL at either BC or YC next year....it's a tough decision!

We stayed at POR on a POR/YC split stay in 2013 and still talk about though it's not haute cuisine, it was one of the better meals we've ever had on WDW property! Enjoy!

giphy.gif
Thank you

Can you see any of the fireworks from Epcot or Hollywood Studios from the rooms facing the Lake or Boardwalk?

Just an FYI...I logged into MDE this morning, and a popup asked me if I'd like to pair MDE with Lyft so I can get my Minnie Vans. I hope this doesn't mean that you can't use regular Lyft and Uber on WDW property! The vans are cute, but we're fine with not riding in them. They're a bit pricey!

Hi all. Finally back from our Florida vacation which included a few nights at YC CL. We had such a great time! Hadn't stayed at YC since 2006. Some observations from our trip.

Beds were very comfortable, although at first I was worried they were a tad soft. Yes, they are high, but I like a high bed. I'm 5'2" and had no problems getting on or off and we had zero issues with bed sliding around on the platform. Kids didn't either. My DD13 was on the daybed which was a bit hard, not as comfortable as the BWI one my sister was on in April. But she was so tired she didn't say a word after the first five minutes on it and slept well every night.

I was mostly concerned about the thermostat and lack of ceiling fans. We are from New England and like to sleep cold and I was already nervous about wdw in July (we usually have gone in October). I had planned on at least asking for a box fan when we arrived but we were FREEZING. We were cozy while we slept but temp definitely didn't rise even though no movement.

There was only one sign of disruption for construction otherwise we barely noticed and definitely didn't hear anything. My only issue was halfway through I decided to do laundry. Laundry was down because of construction but they said to go to BC. I didn't realize it was practically in Epcot! . And when I got there only one washing machine/one dryer was working and my dryer quit working before all my clothes were completely dry. Not fun!

Transportation was wonderful! Zero complaints. Walk to Epcot, bus came to-from MK within minutes. We drove to AK, boat to HS with little wait

CL was a nice add, although I prefer the BWI one I did in the spring. I was also disappointed that they didn't put a big bottle of Dasani in the room like BWI did. Zero bottle water at all in fact, whereas at BWI they gave us as much as we wanted for our room and the parks.

Will be happy to answer any questions!

Hello all!
I saw a news article this morning that said that the clothing/sundries section of Yacht Club's market at ale and compass is open. I haven't seen any photos anywhere, or heard any mention of it here yet, so I'm just wondering if anyone there can share any photos/info? Thanks!

Here now at BCV weather has been rainy but we are having the best time. Our villa is spotless and beautiful. Any questions I'll be happy to try and answer.

Glad you are having a good time despite the rain!

Did you have any recommendations on room requests?

I have heard none of the views are really great so I am trying to figure out what we should prioritize in terms of requests.

Glad you are having a good time despite the rain!

Did you have any recommendations on room requests?

I have heard none of the views are really great so I am trying to figure out what we should prioritize in terms of requests.
We always ask for very close to main elevator high floor pool view. This year we got 3rd floor near elevator but courtyard view. It's nice tho we like it. My main recommendation is close to main elevator because if you're not it can be quite a walk.

Just booked BC for 4/21/18-4/29/18!

Traveling with my 11yo b/g twins and my 74 year old mother. Should be an adventure to say the least!

BC looks like a good choice for us, as we may be looking at more down time at resort than we typically might for this trip. DS is autistic and has a lower tolerance for long park days than DD, and "Grandma" doesn't move as quickly as she used to. DH is sitting this one out!

We stayed at BC a few years ago for just one night with DH and twins after a Disney Cruise, and I just remember a HUGE long walk to the room from the lobby after a long week on the cruise and and a long poorly literally last minute planned day at MK.

I plan to look at the room map, but any suggestions of general areas/ rooms to request to reduce daily walking distance to lobby/ pool/ bus or boat for "Grandma"? She is stubborn and refuses the idea of renting a scooter, so I'd like to be able to at least reduce her general walking distance at start and end of day if I can. We currently have a garden/woods view booked.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter