Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Sigh, unfortunately we missed this. We were literally up until about 11:50 P.M. last night debating AP or not...and when we decided....a few min before midnight, they had shut the ticket buying page down. #FAIL

Ultimately, it's costing us $60 for waiting so long, which isn't the end of the world, but frustrating nonetheless. We had also been told by friends/family that APs were now good for 13 months, so buying one for this August would have covered our honeymooon too....but alas, I guess that deal ended last month. #DOUBLE FAIL

sorry to hear that!

I went briefly to the Undercover Tourist page today- they sell their supply of tickets at the former prices until they sell out. I didn't notice if they had deals on annual passes. I am very tempted to purchase the buy 4 days, get 3 free hoppers for $419 (includes tax) for a future trip that is not currently in the planning stages.

I haven't seen any additional YC renovation pictures.

To Scott MC...you can do what we did. UT doesn't sell annual passes. However, yesterday we bought tickets at UT (they still had inventory with discounts and may still for a short while). We then plan to take these tickets, use one day, then upgrade to a DVC annual pass. They call this bridging. Basically when you go to upgrade (which you can do at guest services) they reset the value to either the current "pre-arrival" price or the gate price depending on the ticket purchased. This process allows you to lock in the savings on the tickets you already received which was $118 per ticket. There are a couple of threads in the planning forums that discuss this in detail. However, like everything else not all cast members are properly trained on the process so the recommendation is to know exactly how much more you would spend on the upgrade and if they don't quote you the right price politely ask to speak to another supervisor or try another day. This is VERY common and we have done it before. This allows you to realize the discounts on an annual pass, which typically you can't find.

In our example, we paid $418 for a 4 day, 3 free happier ticket, which equates to a 7 day ticket. The current pre-arrival price of a 7 day hopper is $516.53. Both are inclusive of tax. With the upgrade bridge, our ticket will first revalued to the current pre-arrival price and then you pay the difference to upgrade to the annual pass which is $595.34, or $78.81. Total out of pocket to you for the annual pass is $418 + $78.81=$496.81 or a savings of almost $100 (we won't realize the full savings of $118 because the annual passes don't have pre-arrival discounts). As I mentioned this very common and is not an attempt to pull the wool over Disney or cheat the system. When we are there in April we will go through this process. If we get a cast member who tries to charge us more than $78.81 to do the upgrade we will politely say no thank you and go to another guest services member later as we know that not all Disney cast members are equally trained. There are many anecdotes of people going to multiple cast members to make sure it is done properly. The key is knowing exactly how much the upgrade should cost before going in. And to save $100 a ticket I am willing to go through a little inconvenience to get it right. If you have any questions the thread "All about tickets at WDW" discusses this in detail or you can pm me and I would be glad to dsicuss it with you.

In our example, we paid $418 for a 4 day, 3 free happier ticket, which equates to a 7 day ticket. The current pre-arrival price of a 7 day hopper is $516.53. Both are inclusive of tax. With the upgrade bridge, our ticket will first revalued to the current pre-arrival price and then you pay the difference to upgrade to the annual pass which is $595.34, or $78.81. Total out of pocket to you for the annual pass is $418 + $78.81=$496.81 or a savings of almost $100 (we won't realize the full savings of $118 because the annual passes don't have pre-arrival discounts). As I mentioned this very common and is not an attempt to pull the wool over Disney or cheat the system. When we are there in April we will go through this process. If we get a cast member who tries to charge us more than $78.81 to do the upgrade we will politely say no thank you and go to another guest services member later as we know that not all Disney cast members are equally trained. There are many anecdotes of people going to multiple cast members to make sure it is done properly. The key is knowing exactly how much the upgrade should cost before going in. And to save $100 a ticket I am willing to go through a little inconvenience to get it right. If you have any questions the thread "All about tickets at WDW" discusses this in detail or you can pm me and I would be glad to dsicuss it with you.

Is $595 a Florida resident ticket rate? I thought the regular AP is now over $700?

page 787

Ooh! We will be first time YC CL 5/10-13 (after 4 days at poly)! My first CL- you guys can teach me your ways!

:welcome: to the thread!

:cool1:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15 .

A few of the posts on Page 1 that may be helpful in your planning and anticipation of your trip are Post 1, Post 12 (Club Level Info), Post 13 (FAQ) and Post 14 (Other Useful Info). There are two posts that cover information about the pools at the resort- Posts 2 and 3.

Happy reading!

Some YC guest rooms will have only showers, while others will have bathtubs. Look for the updated Fittings and Fairings to offer grilled freshly-made food, as well as seating. There could also be early morning opening.

Once again, Merci!!!

:thanks:

Fair warning- you will never go back to non CL lol! Even DH who is amazingly frugal refuses to give up a week of being spoiled after his first experience! :laughing:

I second that! It's a huge splurge but one I keep doing anyway. Kudos to you for doing it for a week. My limit is usually 3 nights. Hard to justify it for me beyond that as I'm usually solo when I stay CL.

we just checked into yacht club room 2052 and the construction is VERY loud! the front desk cast member checking us in told us if we hear any construction that is disturbing us at all in the least, to call them right away. Not sure what they expect, everyone to call the front desk? haha! i expected the noise but it isn't enjoyable to be out on the balcony due to the noise that's for sure... seems like every five seconds machinery is backing up (BEEEEP BEEEEP) and jackhammers are on... not going to call down just yet, i'm not that picky, just seems funny to me they want guests calling them if noise is bothersome.. and it's nothing but constant noise! :P

EDIT -

the noise did stop promptly at 6pm. I think we had a case of the post-9hr-car-ride grumps right after we checked in! We love the resort; it's our first time here!

Last edited:
we just checked into yacht club room 2052 and the construction is VERY loud! the front desk cast member checking us in told us if we hear any construction that is disturbing us at all in the least, to call them right away. Not sure what they expect, everyone to call the front desk? haha! i expected the noise but it isn't enjoyable to be out on the balcony due to the noise that's for sure... seems like every five seconds machinery is backing up (BEEEEP BEEEEP) and jackhammers are on... not going to call down just yet, i'm not that picky, just seems funny to me they want guests calling them if noise is bothersome.. and it's nothing but constant noise! :P

:welcome: to the thread!

So sorry to hear about the noise issues!

What are the hours you are hearing the construction- I know they sent out letters stating the times that noisier work would be done (9 am to 5 pm, maybe).

Definitely let the front desk know if the noise is disturbing you. I would like to suggest that you actually go down to the front desk rather than call because I am skeptical that a call will actually go to someone at the resort- it will probably go to an offsite call center even if they answer the phone "Yacht Club front desk". Also, going down will allow you to see and discuss the options you have with someone right in front of you.

::yes::

My Edit to Add: Glad to hear the noise has stopped. Both the booking notification on the Disney website and the letter sent out to YC guests by the resort CM have the following language:

"However, to minimize any possible disruptions to your stay, work with the most potential for noise will be limited to the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm."

Last edited:
Some YC guest rooms will have only showers, while others will have bathtubs. Look for the updated Fittings and Fairings to offer grilled freshly-made food, as well as seating. There could also be early morning opening.

Yay! I usually book room-only either online in July or in the fall when winter discounts pop up. But now I'm thinking I might just call to book a room-only for January 2018 at rack rate and then wait for possible discounts. I'm entirely sold on this new YC situation and hoping they will make significant progress by January. If not, it's room-only and I can adjust if necessary.

Five days until ADR day! Sat down with my daughter and made some preliminary plans. Comments welcome!!!

1. Arrival day, so pool and unpack. Teppan Edo dinner with all five families. I was thinking no later than 7:30 pm because the other kids are younger and will be getting tired.
2. Magic Kingdom (gotta see the castle on the first full day!) Be Our Guest lunch, late Biergarten dinner (maybe 8?)
3. Animal Kingdom for the day, then Boma for dinner at 5, so we can go back for ROL and evening stuff. Yes, we could do Tusker or Tiffins, but Boma is a special request from the kids
4. Hollywood Studios, and Sci Fi lunch. QS dinner
5. No idea about daytime plans, Le Cellier for dinner, then evening Epcot extra magic hours
6. No idea about daytime plans, quick service dinner in Epcot, 8 pm Illuminations dessert party, monorail to Magic Kingdom for nighttime extra magic hours (hopefully until 1 am or later!)
7. Adult day for us - golf for whoever wants to go, adult only dinner at Flying Fish. Early dinner reservation at Beaches and Cream for the kids so they can make the Star Wars fireworks (I may have to join!!!)
8. ? Day, last night dinner at San Angel Inn (side trip to Cava!!). Another special request of kids.

I'm soooo excited. :)

Last edited:
Fair warning- you will never go back to non CL lol! Even DH who is amazingly frugal refuses to give up a week of being spoiled after his first experience! :laughing:
Ha! We are only able to do it because a) we are traveling with my inlaws who are okay spending a bit extra on travel and b) it's my birthday! And c) the discount made it the same as what we had- bwi rack rate.

Our next trip (nov 18 if I can get my husband to even entertain the idea) will be with my parents, and they will never ever spend that kind of money. We will happily be at POR or CBR, but with memories of grandeur.... :rolleyes:

Could you get a cheapie toaster from Target or WM and cram it into your checked luggage...maybe even not worry about bringing it home (yes - I know its wasteful). I would imagine you can get bread from the Marketplace shop....or put in a Garden Grocer order for stuff like bread, bottled water, snacks...

I usually pack all sorts of snacks, wine, etc, knowing that whatever is left won't come home with us, but that leaves room in my luggage for souvenirs. Just a thought.
I thought last time we were there they had a toaster in MarketPlace but you would have to take a look inside to verify. It may have been near the drinks dispensers. We take plenty of cereal bars and such but some mornings we popped in for pastries on our way through to the bus stop.

I thought last time we were there they had a toaster in MarketPlace but you would have to take a look inside to verify. It may have been near the drinks dispensers. We take plenty of cereal bars and such but some mornings we popped in for pastries on our way through to the bus stop.
Two toasters January 27th in Market Place. One smoking badly due to someone getting something on the burners. Thought the smoke detectors were going to go off when I saw it.
Katesdad

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter