Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Water Parks Transportation

What we have done a couple of years is to go to Blizzard Beach in the afternoon after a half-day at Animal Kingdom. We could just get on any resort bus and it would stop at BB first.

The biggest issue with this plan is that we would encounter afternoon thunderstorms that would closedown the attractions for awhile.

Thanks!

I hear you on that!

My only piece of advice... consider changing into dry clothes before starting your journey ;)

:fish:
Yeah, guess will have to rent a locker. We usually just lay on the lounge 30 min before we plan on leaving, suits get pretty dry in August heat, and just throw on a dress/cover up on for bus back to resort. But those busses are freezing, seem more cold after water parks.

Yay!

I'm starting to panic because I have so much to do/buy in the next week to get ready! I'm usually more prepared but I haven't even made my packing list yet!

I actually think I am about 85% ready to go. Biggest/most important item vacationing with teenage boys : SNACKS! Those were the first items purchased and packed.

How's the construction at YC at the moment? We're going to be in Club level. Has that already been done or have they even started yet. We're new to YC, and the DIS, so a bit clueless, so sorry if this has already been discussed :-)

Hi there...hoping you all can give some insight as to the status of the 2 BR villas... we are looking to book this for next Thanksgiving 2017 and I do not see any pictures at all of the 1 king bed, and 2 queen bed configurations. I see listed here that this is a member only option, yet on Disney's website it clearly states that they offer this- so not too sure if we would be able to book this or not?? Just how many rooms are there that have this set up?? Would it be too difficult for us to get?? Any and all helpful advice would be so appreciated. There will be 5 of us total all adults- my husband and I, my newly married daughter- her new husband and my youngest daughter who will be 20- she really prefers having a bed to sleep in versus pull out sleeper sofa. She has a bad back due to a spinal condition and really needs the support of a bed. Thanks for any help
There are not a lot of the ones with 2 queen size beds in the second bedroom. They are very popular. While technically you might be able to book them as a cash reservation through Disney's Central Reservations Office, it is more likely that DVC members will have booked them all.

All dedicated 2-bedroom units have 2 queens in the second bedroom after being refurbished. The only 2-bedroom ones with the queen+sofabed will be the lock off rooms. Thus, all dedicated 2-bedroom units will have the 2 queen configuration by the time your Thanksgiving 2017 trip rolls around.

Not sure of the answer because I don't stay at the villas, except to say that Disney typically offers discounts when they need to fill rooms. BCV is typically pretty close to fully occupied at most times of the year. But hopefully others will chime in to share what they know about the discount history at the villas. There is also a thread in the Resorts/Discount subforum with historical discounts offered by Disney. Not sure if the villas are included in that discussion.

It's a little trickier with the villas, because many of the discounted rooms are inventory that is traded out by members. So, it can vary greatly. Best thing to is just check the web site from time to time and see what's up, or even better, rent the points from an owner through David's: www.dvcrequest.com

For discounts through Disney reservations, check right at the 60 day mark for breakage inventory. (Search DVC forum for what that means if curious.)

There is a Walmart in Celebration--not terribly far away. There is also a Publix store not awfully far away. Google the stores in the area and see which suits you based upon which way you are arriving. AVOID GOODINGS!

YES!! Never again. Goodings is a total and complete scam. They charge outrageous resort prices for no reason other than people don't realize that there are equivalent, normally priced grocery stores just down the road. (And, they don't have PUBLIX CAKE either!)

Last edited:
Can you still use the swimming noodle things in the lazy river part of the pool? We stayed at BC in 2009 and bought a couple cheap ones at Walmart. It was great to just float the day away!

:welcome: back!

Do you have an upcoming trip?

Yes, pool noodles are still ok in the lazy river.

Oh, yeah, but you have to be in uniform to use the noodles in the pool:

WP_20150830_011.jpg

DSCF9112.jpg

Here is an actual change since your last stay- there is no longer a charge for the pool floats. They are now available free floating in the river or along the side. Even during busy August visits to SAB, we have been able to find floats to use.

How's the construction at YC at the moment? We're going to be in Club level. Has that already been done or have they even started yet. We're new to YC, and the DIS, so a bit clueless, so sorry if this has already been discussed :-)

Nothing going on right now to the best of my knowledge. The lounge has been renovated and the rooms are next, but probably not until the fall. The very first post in the thread is updated with the latest news we have about the resort rehab status.

:goodvibes

Last edited:

Uh oh, I think I just fell in love with the Yacht Club. And the Beach Club too! :cloud9:
There are no available rooms at the YC for the dates we need (1 or 2 of November until the 7th) and there's only a lagoon/pool view room left at the BC. And it costs more than the Contemporary! :sad2:

From your experience, is there any chance of getting a room at YC or a standard at the BC? (I'm afraid price is an issue..)

page 545-547

On our trip this past Oct, while returning from Disney Springs, we also stopped at BB. A family got on the bus literally dripping soaking wet. Did not bother to put towels down to sit on or anything. When they got off the bus there was a big puddle on the floor and no one could sit on the seats because they were so wet.

People!

:sad2:

I found some nice pictures of the refurbished Newport Suite here. It looks gorgeous!

ETA: But perhaps this is a fancier suite than "standard" 2-bedroom suites?

Thanks so much for sharing!

I'll add a link to this post to the BC Deluxe/Suite thread.

:thumbsup2

I just booked a one night visit at YC for Saturday, July 23, for my wife and I. This will be our first time staying at either BC/YC.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

Uh oh, I think I just fell in love with the Yacht Club. And the Beach Club too! :cloud9:
There are no available rooms at the YC for the dates we need (1 or 2 of November until the 7th) and there's only a lagoon/pool view room left at the BC. And it costs more than the Contemporary! :sad2:

From your experience, is there any chance of getting a room at YC or a standard at the BC? (I'm afraid price is an issue..)

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:woohoo:

There's always hope.

It is a busy time of year around the EPCOT resorts, but changes in bookings happen all the time (especially around 45-60 days out from the trip). Keep checking! You may also want to check reservations through places other than Disney like Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia. They may have blocks of rooms reserved. Check the Discount subforum on this Resorts board for info about some of these 3rd party vendors.

Good luck!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:woohoo:

There's always hope.

It is a busy time of year around the EPCOT resorts, but changes in bookings happen all the time (especially around 45-60 days out from the trip). Keep checking! You may also want to check reservations through places other than Disney like Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia. They may have blocks of rooms reserved. Check the Discount subforum on this Resorts board for info about some of these 3rd party vendors.

Good luck!

Thank you so much! :)
Is it because of F&W that these resorts are also more expensive?

Those dates are going to be tough. That weekend is the wine and dine 1/2 marathon and its food and wine festival. I would book something else now and keep checking as you get closer in case you get lucky. I wouldn't count on it though. Proximity to Epcot fills the standard rooms up quickly.

Those dates are going to be tough. That weekend is the wine and dine 1/2 marathon and its food and wine festival. I would book something else now and keep checking as you get closer in case you get lucky. I wouldn't count on it though. Proximity to Epcot fills the standard rooms up quickly.
Gotcha. Thank you!! :-)

:welcome: back!

Do you have an upcoming trip?

Yes, pool noodles are still ok in the lazy river.

Oh, yeah, but you have to be in uniform to use the noodles in the pool:

WP_20150830_011.jpg

DSCF9112.jpg

Here is an actual change since your last stay- there is no longer a charge for the pool floats. They are now available free floating in the river or along the side. Even during busy August visits to SAB, we have been able to find floats to use.

Nothing going on right now to the best of my knowledge. The lounge has been renovated and the rooms are next, but probably not until the fall. The very first post in the thread is updated with the latest news we have about the resort rehab status.

:goodvibes

Thank you for that information. It's great to hear the floats are free! I may just skip the noodles!

We'll be at the Yacht Club CL 7/11-7/19. I have a conference over at the Dolphin on 7/12-13 and am bringing the kids and adding some fun time! :)

Hi

I'm a long time lurker..

The refurb for YC. I've read the front page saying that it's disappeared from the website. Are there any thoughts as to when it will commence?

We are booked into the YC for two weeks in Oct 2017. We are considering changing to the BC 'just incase'

Any thoughts?

Thank you for a really informative and friendly thread :flower1:

Just back from a week at BCV. We stayed in a 1BR refurbished villa on the 5th floor (546). Great view of the Epcot fireworks from our balcony.

Construction is now taking place on the 4th and 5th floors in the wing closest to the Beach Club. Those two floors do not have access to the main elevators. Our room would have been super convenient if we'd had nearby elevator access. Instead, we got our exercise going up and down lots of stairs and back and forth to the elevator near room 166.

The new couch beds are head and shoulders above old-style pull outs. Sturdy, thick mattress, no squeaks or uncomfortable bars. The coffee table in front of the couch is very heavy to move each time you want to pull out the bed. Agree with other posters that the wood floor around it will earn deep grooves soon from folks scooting rather than lifting the table.

The new bathroom set up lacks much counter space.

Bus service to the Magic Kingdom was uneven. We often waited a long time for a bus, and then had two show up at the same time. On the plus side, the morning that we had Early Morning Magic plans, the second-in-a-row MK bus gave my family a private ride (at 7:15 am).

We had no problem using the International Gateway for an early morning (pre-park open) Epcot entry. They let us in at 7:45 am (park opened at 9). We were the first family seated at Akershus, and after breakfast ended, one of the first groups to meet Anna and Elsa at the Royal Sommerhus.

Stormalong Bay was summer crowded while we were there. Even so, we found multiple chairs together in almost the same location every time we visited. The slide line was extremely long on the weekend, but much more manageable on weekdays.

Thanks to everyone who keeps this thread updated. I relied on the information here to plan our trip, and hope that this information will be helpful to someone else, too.

What are the options for getting to magic kingdom for a ppo breakfast adr? (Sorry if this has been asked, I am on my phone and google didn't have anything useful on first few results.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter