Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

page 926

Thanks for this!

I just added the link to the "Other Useful Info" post, right before the Bounceback info.

:goodvibes

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15!

:cool1:

Thank you for the appreciation!

I don't have a lot of info about whether the info on page 1 still applies since I have not recently (or ever) shipped anything to the resort or used a deliver service. So I rely on others experiences when including the info on Page 1.

I'll make a stab at answering, but won't be offended if I am corrected...

1) We still recommend shipping items via USPS to avoid the convention fee. There may now be a small service fee ($5) charged, but I'm not positive.

2) Garden grocer- relying on others for recent reviews. Are these only delivered during certain hours now. Or am I confused with Amazon Prime Now?

3) Beer- what are the rules?

4) I can answer this one!!! (Of course, Wood Nymph already replied): Yes!

Please let us know if you book at the BC or YC

:thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the info! I'll add the secret staircase somewhere to Page 1.

::yes::

You email or fax them a copy of your license so that they are able to leave it with bell services.

Do standard view CL YC rooms have views of the parking lot? Or rooftop? What is the best request to make to get a decent view and balcony? Do you know where the King cl SV are located? Tks

I've stayed at YC and BC Standard CL's. 99% of the stays we had were facing the front of the resort/parking lot BUT we could see MK fireworks so that was really cool! The one time at BC CL we had a room facing SAB but below us was a roof but beyond the roof was a 60-70% lake view/SAB view. Not sure about the king beds...sorry! Being that we are mostly at the pool and not in the room, the view doesn't really both us much! You will love it either way!

Question about wording a room request:

We are staying BC Deluxe Room for our upcoming marathon trip. Even though it is in January we'd love to have one of the rooms with either balconies or the first floor room with a patio. Basically, we don't want the 2 with only Juliet balconies-haha. I am beginning to converse with DSS and would like to have a room request noted but I am not sure what the best way to state our request is? I'm thinking: Large balcony please overlooking quiet pool preferred.
Since a deluxe room receives the club level services, you will be able to email the club level staff directly with your request. There are a small number of deluxe rooms so they will do their best to accommodate you, but there are no guarantees. I would state your request the way you did here. It will be an email conversation so you have a lot of flexibility in what you ask for. :)

We think BC would be a great place to Honeymoon since we're likely going to honeymoon there (or at YC ) in August of 2018!

Congratulations!

Thank you so much for this!

:welcome: and advanced "Congratulations!"

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Either Beach Club or Yacht Club would be a great place for a Honeymoon. Although YC is definitely family friendly, it is a bit more laid back than the Beach Club and has full balconies for almost all of the rooms as opposed to the Beach Club, where only about 50% of the rooms have larger balconies.

:love:

Thank you! That's good to know. I'll consider both and look more closely when comparing! Thanks again!

Hello again! I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question.

I checked the mouse savers website as suggested above and it seems the historical information indicates that the FL resident rate wasn't released until 1-2 months before the date I am considering for our honeymoon. Do I really have to wait that long to book my room? Won't I miss the opening of the ADR window? I think I am missing something.

If this isn't the right thread for this question, I'd appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction! Thanks!

Will do! Have a fantastic trip!

And please report back (or private message me) about SSR. My friends and I will be staying there for 3 nights in October. I don't know much about the resort and I haven't started researching yet. Not even sure if I will (did I just say that?!?)

Thanks! We are a little apprehensive about our stay-going out of our comfort zone and our happy place at BC/YC but are hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I plan to check in here because this thread is "home" as much as the resorts are! If anyone is interested about SSR after we stay, I'd be glad to let you know how we felt about it, especially in comparison to the Epcot area vs DS. And may I just say, Dee, I really doubt that you won't do some research before you go!

Hello again! I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question.

I checked the mouse savers website as suggested above and it seems the historical information indicates that the FL resident rate wasn't released until 1-2 months before the date I am considering for our honeymoon. Do I really have to wait that long to book my room? Won't I miss the opening of the ADR window? I think I am missing something.

If this isn't the right thread for this question, I'd appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction! Thanks!

you reserve the room and hope to add a discount(ted) room later when rates are released

Trip is coming up in a few weeks and trying to figure out a few things. Wondering what time should we plan to leave the YC to be at MK for a 6pm BOG adr?

Trip is coming up in a few weeks and trying to figure out a few things. Wondering what time should we plan to leave the YC to be at MK for a 6pm BOG adr?

We had good luck and bad luck with transportation times. Using the bus, give yourselves at least 90 minutes. I would say two hours because I like to meander and gawk. If I could schedule a FP for that cushion time, I did.

We would usually take a cab over to give us time to get there (or maybe it was to save time getting there...) There is usually one out front or you could try Uber also. We haven't done that yet but plan to this trip. Don't know if this helps but it's an alternative.

That's kind of what I was thinking time wise too. Thanks! As for cab or uber, I suppose if a bus isn't prompt we could grab one then. Mk is such a pain to get to but I really think a mid day break will be beneficial to us. MK is the only park I am considering skipping it. Guess we will play it by ear

I
That's kind of what I was thinking time wise too. Thanks! As for cab or uber, I suppose if a bus isn't prompt we could grab one then. Mk is such a pain to get to but I really think a mid day break will be beneficial to us. MK is the only park I am considering skipping it. Guess we will play it by ear

If you do take the cab/Uber, have them drop you off at the CR, then take the walk path to MK. It will take about 5-10 minutes and it is not much further than walking from the bus.

How obvious is the walking path? Will we need to ask someone to direct us?

How obvious is the walking path? Will we need to ask someone to direct us?

The path is fairly obvious. But, to familiarize yourself, you can use google maps, turn on "terrain" or "satellite", and look up the CR. You will be able to see the walking path and get an idea of where you need to go once you are dropped off.

The path is fairly obvious. But, to familiarize yourself, you can use google maps, turn on "terrain" or "satellite", and look up the CR. You will be able to see the walking path and get an idea of where you need to go once you are dropped off.

Follow the monorail tracks from CR to MK--you can't miss the sidewalks. All the buses will be turning into the MK drop/pick-up zones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter