Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

How far in advance should I call to reserve a massage at Ship Shape? It will be for three of us (me, spouse, DS), on a weeknight in October, if that helps.

This email is being sent to guests who have upcoming stays at the YC. It refers to QS options at the YC, including the Market at Ale and Compass Marketplace. Is this the name of the food/beverage outlet opening at the current location of Fittings and Fairings?

April 2017

Dear Xxxxx Family,

We are delighted you have chosen to stay at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort!

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we want to make you aware of refurbishment work that will be taking place during your visit.

Upon your arrival, it is possible you will experience construction noise and encounter some alternative paths of travel throughout the Resort. However, to minimize any possible disruptions to your stay, noise should not be heard from your Guest room until after 9:00am.

Additionally, the table-service restaurant, Captain’s Grille, will be temporarily relocated to Ariel’s due to refurbishment. During this time, breakfast, lunch and dinner will continue to be served out of this location, but please note that the breakfast buffet will no longer be available. Quick-service dining options will also be available to you at the Market at Ale and Compass Marketplace.

We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate your patience. If you have questions or need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent.

bullet.gif
For reservations made through Disney Reservation Center or disneyworld.com, please call 407-939-1880 between the hours of 7:00am-11:00pm (ET).

bullet.gif
For reservations made through Disney Vacation Club® Member Services, please call 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800 between the hours of 9:00am-7:30pm (ET) Monday through Friday or 9:00am-5:30pm (ET) Saturday and Sunday.

bullet.gif
If you booked your vacation through a travel agent, please contact your travel agent directly.

Should you have any questions or concerns once you arrive, General Manager Cosmo Kapoor and his team at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Sincerely,

Your Friends at Disney Destinations

image.jpeg Hello and greetings from Stormalong Bay. Coming at you with a live report. The weather here has been warm with off and on clouds and sun. The only rain so far was around midnight on our first night and we were sound asleep and missed it.

Spent my birthday here yesterday and one of the rec managers and the manager from Beaches and Cream brought over a surprise birthday sundae, which was very sweet.

It's been quiet here. Tables available and never a problem getting chairs. I do so miss the changing of the guards which has been discontinued. I know the April activities calendar has been posted. Don't know if anyone realized or has commented on the fact that the pool parties are now only every other day. I must say it is really nice to have a day where the music isn't blaring once in a while so that, IMHO, is a nice change.

An update on Fittings and Fairings quick service: work is continuing. I heard the banging from the other side of the wall while in the section that is open. I was told the current anticipated opening is April 17th, but was also told that could shift a little but should definitely be open by May 1. At that time the rest of the gift shop will close for a remodel and a small selection of the merchandise from the gift shop will be available at a little satellite location in the hallway or somewhere nearby.

Regarding Ale & Compass, the breakfast food offerings will be discontinued there when the new quick service opens at Fittings and Fairings. I asked about takeout at Ale & Compass and was told by the people who work there that they don't do takeout there except for breakfast quick service items (fruit, pastries and such) but that perhaps people order off the in room dining menu and have it to pick up at Ale & Compass.

Regarding the poolside shower mission, I am still working on it. Planning to ask one of the rec managers today (in the sundae excitement yesterday I totally forgot). In the meantime I submit the above picture and testimonial that it is a work in progress.

As Tigger would say...TTFN!

Last edited:

View attachment 229240 Hello and greetings from Stormalong Bay. Coming at you with a live report. The weather here has been warm with off and on clouds and sun. The only rain so far was around midnight on our first night and we were sound asleep and missed it.

Spent my birthday here yesterday and one of the rec managers and the manager from Beaches and Cream brought over a surprise birthday sundae, which was very sweet.

It's been quiet here. Tables available and never a problem getting chairs. I do so miss the changing of the guards which has been discontinued. I know the April activities calendar has been posted. Don't know if anyone realized or has commented on the fact that the pool parties are now only every other day. I must say it is really nice to have a day where the music isn't blaring once in a while so that, IMHO, is a nice change.

An update on Fittings and Fairings quick service: work is continuing. I heard the banging from the other side of the wall while in the section that is open. I was told the current anticipated opening is April 17th, but was also told that could shift a little but should definitely be open by May 1. At that time the rest of he gift shop will close for a remodel and a small selection of the merchandise from the gift shop will be available at a little satellite location in the hallway or somewhere nearby.

Regarding Ale & Compass, the breakfast food offerings will be discontinued there when the new quick service opens at Fittings and Fairings. I asked about takeout at Ale & Compass and was told by the people who work there that they don't do takeout there except for breakfast quick service items (fruit, pastries and such) but that perhaps people order off the in room dining menu and have it to pick up at Ale & Compass.

Regarding the poolside shower mission, I am still working on it. Planning to ask one of the rec managers today (in the sundae excitement yesterday I totally forgot). In the meantime I submit the above picture and testimonial that it is a work in progress.

As Tigger would say...TTFN!

Thanks for the live report & Happy Birthday!! :bday:

Does anyone have a pic of the current Beach Club t-shirt?

:welcome: to the thread!

If you go back to the previous page, Post 16826, Best Aunt has posted some pictures of the merchandise at The Marketplace, including some t-shirts.

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort?

:goodvibes

View attachment 229240
I asked about takeout at Ale & Compass and was told by the people who work there that they don't do takeout there except for breakfast quick service items (fruit, pastries and such) but that perhaps people order off the in room dining menu and have it to pick up at Ale & Compass.
This must be a recent change, as I have been able to order carry-out there from the bartender in the evening, during two separate trips, not all that long ago. It was packed up in a very nice black cardboard box and came complete with plastic utensils and napkins. I ordered from the menu on a table and waited about 20 minutes for the bartender to bring it out from the back.

Going from the BC to the Poly, what do you think would be faster?

Walk through Epcot > monorail to TTC > walk to Poly.
-or-
Bus to MK > resort monorail to Poly

Does anyone have the expected completion date for the whole yacht club refurb? Will it all be done in October (rooms, food locations, etc) or is there not a known stop date?

Coming to officiate a wedding in May. Staying at YC - and very excited. It will be my first time staying there and my first time booking a Deluxe directly. (My pocketbook and heart are still debating if that's a good or bad thing.) I'll be there 05/3 and 05/4 in a Garden View room. (Then moving to a Disney Springs hotel for the weekend.) Feel free to add me to the list!

Question about the patio doors on ground floor rooms of BCV...If we were to say want to leave out of a ground floor sliding door to head out to the parks instead of walking through hallways... could we? Can you lock up?

Just trying to get a grasp on room requests. Ground or upper pros and cons.

@Best Aunt - can you still exit via a first floor BCV room patio on the quiet pool side now that the new fence is finished? I can't tell 100% from the pics, but it kind of looks like the patios have been fenced off.

@Best Aunt - can you still exit via a first floor BCV room patio on the quiet pool side now that the new fence is finished? I can't tell 100% from the pics, but it kind of looks like the patios have been fenced off.

Sorry, I'm not sure. I was pretty tired the day I was there, and I didn't even notice.

Going from the BC to the Poly, what do you think would be faster?

Walk through Epcot > monorail to TTC > walk to Poly.
-or-
Bus to MK > resort monorail to Poly

August? I am assuming afternoon/evening (not morning when the decision would be subject to EPCOT being open)

Comfort:

I would take the bus to MK and then the monorail. If you are going to dinner, chances are it will be very hot and/or rainy, so you could be uncomfortable by the time you walked the approx. 25-30 minutes to the front of the park. At least with the bus, you are minimizing your walking.

Air-conditioned bus, then a short walk to either the boat launch or monorail to the Poly.

Time: Walk through EP 25 min, monorail to TTC approx. 10 min, walk to Poly 5 min?

Time: Bus to MK 15-20 min, walk to boat/mono 5 min, resort mono to Poly 20 min?

Does not take into account wait for any of the legs of transportation.

::yes::

Last edited:
August. I am assuming afternoon/evening (not morning when the decision would be subject to EPCOT being open)

I would take the bus to MK and then the monorail. If you are going to dinner, chances are it will be very hot and/or rainy, so you could be uncomfortable by the time you walked the approx. 25-30 minutes to the front of the park. At least with the bus, you are minimizing your walking.

Air-conditioned bus, then a short walk to either the boat launch or monorail to the Poly.

::yes::

Absolutely agree! Going thru security at International Gateway, 25 minute walk to front of park, wait for monorail (5 - 10 minutes), security to get on resort monorail, wait for resort monorail. Way too complicated for me.

Personally, I'd take bus to MK then walk to CR, less than 10 minute walk. And not much further than walking from Y&B bus stop to monorail.

Absolutely agree! Going thru security at International Gateway, 25 minute walk to front of park, wait for monorail (5 - 10 minutes), security to get on resort monorail, wait for resort monorail. Way too complicated for me.

Personally, I'd take bus to MK then walk to CR, less than 10 minute walk. And not much further than walking from Y&B bus stop to monorail.
I don't believe there will be another security checkpoint at TTC for the monorail switch. And disagree that there's any complication - walk through the back Epcot entrance, walk to through the park, board the monorail to TTC, and then walk over to Poly. Seems pretty straightforward. Much more scenic than a Disney bus and you don't have to worry about waiting for a bus. To each his or her own I suppose, but I'd definitely walk.

:welcome: to the thread!

If you go back to the previous page, Post 16826, Best Aunt has posted some pictures of the merchandise at The Marketplace, including some t-shirts.

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort?

:goodvibes

Thank you so much, exactly what I was looking for. Our last stay at BC was in 2012. I got the cutest t-shirt but sadly it has really fallen apart. We are staying at the Swan next week and will be over at Beaches and Cream. I am going to stop in the BC giftshop and see what tshirts I can find. Those pics gave me a good idea :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter