Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are coming in on May 7th late so staying at All Star Sports for one night. The next morning we are moving to BC CL. We were planning on hopping a cab and transfer our luggage ourselves. Is it cheaper to use a cab or Uber? We have never used Über so I'm curious. Thanks!

This is how our vacation is planned for this coming trip. (Three weeks to go) Yeah!!!! We are doing CL with no dining plan. Did you use the dining plan. If not how did it work out?
We are not a sit down and eat family so we don't do the DP. Breakfasts are covered and snacks are too. I save up on a Disney gift card for meals and it's easy peasy. Charge to the magic band and pay the balance off with the CL CMs every two days or so. We ate quick service mostly except for a cape may and captains grille meal or two. Being close to world showcase and the Boardwalk you'll find lots of food.

This is fantastic info!!! Thank you so much. May I link this to the front page? I have a section with miscellaneous travel tips (traveling with limited mobility, packing tips, sneaking booze out of EPCOT...) and other important stuff.
Of Course!!!

I have a question about split stay. We are staying at CBR our first night and the next morning transferring to YC for the remainder of our trip. Do I need to call the Custom House at CBR (or physically go there) and let them know we are actually checking out so that when we arrive mid-morning at YC it will show up so that they can actually assign our YC room? I thought I read somewhere on an earlier post that someone had difficulty checking in on a split stay because the system didn't see them as having checked out of their first part of the split stay. We plan on arriving YC by 10:00 a.m., which is prior to the actual check-out time at CBR.

We are not a sit down and eat family so we don't do the DP. Breakfasts are covered and snacks are too. I save up on a Disney gift card for meals and it's easy peasy. Charge to the magic band and pay the balance off with the CL CMs every two days or so. We ate quick service mostly except for a cape may and captains grille meal or two. Being close to world showcase and the Boardwalk you'll find lots of food.
Thanks so much. That is how I have it planned out. We love cape may!

I have a question about split stay. We are staying at CBR our first night and the next morning transferring to YC for the remainder of our trip. Do I need to call the Custom House at CBR (or physically go there) and let them know we are actually checking out so that when we arrive mid-morning at YC it will show up so that they can actually assign our YC room? I thought I read somewhere on an earlier post that someone had difficulty checking in on a split stay because the system didn't see them as having checked out of their first part of the split stay. We plan on arriving YC by 10:00 a.m., which is prior to the actual check-out time at CBR.
We had a split stay last August - POR/YC. We had done online check in for both resorts, listing an early check out time for POR. On our check out morning we received the email from Disney with our resort room invoice attached. When it was time to transfer to the YC, we did not physically check out of POR. We just grabbed our bags, hopped a cab, and showed up at the YC by 9am. We had to check into the front desk since we did not receive a direct to room text. They made sure we were fully checked out of POR and checked into YC. It went seamlessly and we were in our room in a short time. Now, I'm not advising that everyone do this, but we didn't have any problems. We also had a room only reservation with annual passes and no dining plan, so there was nothing to get messed up.

Just wanted to show off the start of my new collection at work. Absolutely loving the new designed princesses, they don't all look the same, and it helps me get thru my Disney blues :).

@Ninja Mom ....what do you think?

Disneyprincesses_zps77swsuex.jpg

These new Hasbro versions of the Disney Princess dolls are winners for sure! They are so sweet and so true to the "real life" character version. The only problem that I can see is getting HockeyMom to put them down for a moment so that we can take a quick trip to the parks to ride the rides during our October-fest trip.

We will have to set a timer to get her to transition to a new activity away from the dolls and perhaps tempt her with a Sunken Treasure if she promises to come quietly. A challenge for any doll lover, I'm sure!!! If you see a grown woman running around the parks with a giant back pack filled with doll clothes and a stroller full of Disney Princess dolls it most likely will be HockeyMom.

~NM

Thank you for all the tips for traveling for an infant!

What was the name of the umbrella stroller you used. We plan on bringing an umbrella stroller on the plane with us and renting a city mini gt while we are there. I still have to buy an umbrella stroller but looking for ones that reclines as well.
GB Qbit - stroller is amazing.

We love our City Mini GT and it is clearly one of the most popular strollers in Chicago and the Disney Parks. comparing the two for the parks, the Qbit wins hands down. The stroller folds and unfolds so easily AND the harness was so easy and quick which was wonderful because we were constantly getting DS out for photos. The Qbit's umbrella is excellent. It has a larger basket capacity and really easy access for an umbrella stroller since it is difficult to get things in and out of the GT. I think the city mini is heavy and awkward to carry, but I am short (5'3"). We never fold it down at home (And very few parents at WDW know how to fold it properly which makes it harder to navigate and makes it take up so much more room on the buses, especially when there is more than one on the bus - thus, the fight we witnessed). We were constantly stopped with questions about the Qbit stroller. It was so light and easy that we actually took it on some rides with us and into restaurants with us. The Qbit navigates easily and fits into small spaces. Under seats, under legs on buses, etc.

Sorry if you're already familiar with the GT and I am giving too much info, but my DH and I debated which stroller to use and even looked into renting our stroller - the GT, but we were so thankful we just used the Qbit. Again, we used Disney transportation - buses, boats, monorail and the Qbit was perfect and so much easier than a GT, especially after carting a baby, supplies and a stroller for a week.

Definitely remember to pack a portable stroller cup holder for either stroller. And if you decide on the GT definitely get a mommy hook. Again, the GT's basket is fine but difficult to get anything in and out of and the mommy hook has been huge for us. We use it almost every time we go out.

Also, I read somewhere to get the disposable changing pads. I just got a ten pack off amazon and they worked great in the room. We reused them until they got dirty. Ended up not using them at the baby centers since they put paper down on the changing pads. In 2 years and 2 months of parenting I have never used a bathroom changing pad so I can't comment on those at Disney, but the Baby centers were great for diaper changes.

Sort of off topic post - We leave three weeks today and I am starting my usual trip planning panic. I am obsessed with getting the best "snacks/treats" at each park which requires lots of research. The whole character meet and greet was new to me the last trip and I need to research those before we go. Yesterday I read easywdw and touring plans blogs and now I am panicked about the crowds. It sounds miserable right now and seems like Disney wasn't prepared. The photos and waits seem horrible. Our last trip, Saturday December 12, 2015, was suppose to be a 7 but ended up being higher and I told DH we had to be out of MK by noon since you couldn't move in MK. Worried this trip, May 5-10, will be the same...

Also, we are booked garden view YC. Always had standard or pool. I requested a high floor close to elevator. Anything else you would recommend? We've always lucked out and had a room with a view of Illuminations. There may or may not be fireworks at HS, but since the calendar has not been finalized yet, I don't know. Would I be able to see them from the other side/gazebo side? I know that is a common request for garden.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. still haven't decided if I'm going to try online check in but I am open to trying it this trip.

About to book BC Club level but want to be sure- all club level rooms are on the 5th floor where club lounge is? Can the rooms be anywhere on that floor or are they all in good proximity to the lounge? Where exactly is the lounge? And do all 5th floor rooms have a balcony?

About to book BC Club level but want to be sure- all club level rooms are on the 5th floor where club lounge is? Can the rooms be anywhere on that floor or are they all in good proximity to the lounge? Where exactly is the lounge? And do all 5th floor rooms have a balcony?

There are a lot of BC CL experts in this thread who can help you in more detail, but I can answer a few things. The lounge is on the 5th floor and it is indeed possible to get a room pretty far away from the lounge. We've had a room what seemed like a mile away before and other times we've had a room really close. If it's your only request, you probably have a pretty good chance of being nearby. Unfortunately, I always have several requests, so I have to place priorities. Which brings me to your next question, and no, not all rooms have a full balcony. Which really stinks because we LOVE a full balcony! But...our first priority is always a daybed, so the other 2 things usually don't get granted for us, unfortunately.

So, the 5th floor has a mix of balconies and no balconies?! Ugh! Just when I had finally decided!

How about Yacht club CL? Do all those rooms have balconies?

image.png

This is a very old floor plan of the CL level at BC. The lounge is where the orange area "ice" and rooms 5648 and 5650 once were. The lounge is spacious now, plenty of seating. Really great. Yes, there is a long hallway that your room
Could be further away, but as suggested make that your request to be close. Also, a very large percentage of CL rooms have balconies.

Also please disregard room
Views on this map as it is very outdated

So, the 5th floor has a mix of balconies and no balconies?! Ugh! Just when I had finally decided!

How about Yacht club CL? Do all those rooms have balconies?

I think about 75-80% of the BC CL rooms have full balconies.

All of the YC CL rooms, except 1, have full balconies. Room 5163, which I believe is a waterview room, does not.

::yes::

Great info, thanks! I like BC better but may be worth booking YC to ensure full balcony. The map is cut off- anyone know what it's supposed to say on the right side? And what do colors mean?

I read in a recent review that the BC club lounger workers weren't "eager" to get beers through the day. Anyone experience any negativity around making trips to lounge a few ( okay 5 or 6!) times a day and requesting beer or wine?

Great info, thanks! I like BC better but may be worth booking YC to ensure full balcony. The map is cut off- anyone know what it's supposed to say on the right side? And what do colors mean?

Please disregard the colors. They are the very old categories of room
Views. They no longer apply. I only posted the map to give an idea of the layout and lounge location. I cut off the right side of the map as that was the fourth floor.

Also, if a full balcony is a must for you, yes, you would be better served to book YC. Good luck. They are both beautiful resorts with recently renovated Club Lounges.

Last edited:
I think about 75-80% of the BC CL rooms have full balconies.

All of the YC CL rooms, except 1, have full balconies. Room 5163, which I believe is a waterview room, does not.

::yes::

Hi there, are you sure about room 5163? The reason I ask is because i just researched this for our upcoming trip and found this info last night from the touring plans site:

Fifth-floor rooms with full balconies facing the lake, with The Boardwalk Inn in the background Club-level rooms 5161, 5163, 5241

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter