Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I have changed my YC CL room to a resort view. Any suggestions on king bed resort views rooms on CL. I don’t want to be near the lounge and elevator area. Thanks for everyone advice.
Since resort view includes the lovely parking lot and rooftop views I would ask for a garden view.

I have changed my YC CL room to a resort view. Any suggestions on king bed resort views rooms on CL. I don’t want to be near the lounge and elevator area. Thanks for everyone advice.
There are only 2 King resort view rooms on CL at YC. We stayed in 5195 and the other is 5240. 5195 had a decent view - straight down was the roof of the lower level, but looking out was the corner of Stormalong Bay and the Epcot ball was in the distance. I wouldn't hesitate to stay in that room again.

We had YC CL king bed room #5198 which was called a garden view at that time. The room overlooked the lake side lobby entrance. It was in a short hallway with only a few rooms in the hall. But the room was adjacent to some sort of storage room. We could heard noises from the room which sounded like they were moving equipment around. Except for the occasional noise, it was a nice room, not too far from the lounge.

There are only 2 King resort view rooms on CL at YC. We stayed in 5195 and the other is 5240. 5195 had a decent view - straight down was the roof of the lower level, but looking out was the corner of Stormalong Bay and the Epcot ball was in the distance. I wouldn't hesitate to stay in that room again.
Thanks for the advice, I will add that to my requests.

We had YC CL king bed room #5198 which was called a garden view at that time. The room overlooked the lake side lobby entrance. It was in a short hallway with only a few rooms in the hall. But the room was adjacent to some sort of storage room. We could heard noises from the room which sounded like they were moving equipment around. Except for the occasional noise, it was a nice room, not too far from the lounge.
Thanks so much!

That one didn't show on Touring Plans. Thanks.

Lobby Refurbishment Project Begins Today at Disney’s Beach Club Resort

As part of the efforts to continuously refresh and enhance elements of its resorts across Walt Disney World, the lobby of Disney's Beach Club Resort will soon be refurbished. Beginning June 19, Guests will see and hear refurbishment work in the lobby during daytime hours, typically from 9 a.m.-6 p.m.

Cast Members will be ready to assist Guests with check-in at the lobby, whether at one of the Front Desk stations or personally with an iPad. Guests may also use the Direct-to-Room Service check-in option on Disneyworld.com or the My Disney Experience app to bypass the Front Desk and go directly to their Guest room.

This work is expected to be completed in mid-August, and none of the resort amenities are expected to be impacted by this refurbishment.

As a reminder, other areas of the resort are also currently closed for refurbishment or will soon become temporarily unavailable to Guests as the resort undergoes a major rehab project that also includes Guest rooms.

Ugh. Really? Bummer.

We were debating between GF and BC for our trip and we chose BC because I didn't want to deal with a lobby under refurbishment. Wish they had announced this earlier.

What exactly will be closed off? Will the Marketplace still remain open? What about the interior hallway between YC & BC?

Ugh. Really? Bummer.

We were debating between GF and BC for our trip and we chose BC because I didn't want to deal with a lobby under refurbishment. Wish they had announced this earlier.

What exactly will be closed off? Will the Marketplace still remain open? What about the interior hallway between YC & BC?
Right now it looks like it’s just the 2nd floor they’re working on. I’ll assume they will complete in sections. I can post new updates as they happen.

Plastic Hangs in Lobby at Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Refurbishments Ongoing at Walt Disney World

All of the second floor hallways are covered in plastic sheeting, which is visible from the main lobby.

beach club plastic 2

1687255741412.jpeg
1687255855024.jpeg

A black curtain hangs at the top of the stairs to prohibit guests from entering the workspace.
1687255798880.jpeg

Question, what is resort view room? Is this the old garden view?
All Deluxe Resort (just Deluxe, at least for now) guest rooms now have three categories: Resort View, Water View, and Theme Park View. Resort View will now cover any rooms that were previously in non-water view rooms: Standard View, Garden View, etc. Water View will be any view with any type of water: Lake, Pool, Bay, etc. Theme Park View is the same as before. So you could be looking at a rooftop, parking lot area or part or full of a garden view. Water view could a partial pool, any pool, bay, lake or full pool view. Other words, it a crap shoot of what view you may get. I would still request what location (high floor, away from lounge or elevator, particular room etc) with signature services prior to your arrival.

All Deluxe Resort (just Deluxe, at least for now) guest rooms now have three categories: Resort View, Water View, and Theme Park View. Resort View will now cover any rooms that were previously in non-water view rooms: Standard View, Garden View, etc. Water View will be any view with any type of water: Lake, Pool, Bay, etc. Theme Park View is the same as before. So you could be looking at a rooftop, parking lot area or part or full of a garden view. Water view could a partial pool, any pool, bay, lake or full pool view. Other words, it a crap shoot of what view you may get. I would still request what location (high floor, away from lounge or elevator, particular room etc) with signature services prior to your arrival.
Thank you

Hi, does anyone know the current situation with branded merch? We went back in Oct 2022 and will be back in Sept but were just wondering if any new merch had shown up.

If we book a garden view CL, does anyone know if those are still the original CL GV rooms?? There were only 4-6 of them and most of them faced the gazebo. I know they redid the categories and now have standard, resort or water for the regular rooms, but the CL seems to be resort, garden or water…. Any info if GV CL is the same as it was? I assumed they renamed all the SV CL to Resort View and left GV and WV the same? Maybe???

If we book a garden view CL, does anyone know if those are still the original CL GV rooms?? There were only 4-6 of them and most of them faced the gazebo. I know they redid the categories and now have standard, resort or water for the regular rooms, but the CL seems to be resort, garden or water…. Any info if GV CL is the same as it was? I assumed they renamed all the SV CL to Resort View and left GV and WV the same? Maybe???

It’s very strange. They seem to have the old & new categories available. The descriptions for garden, resort & standard views are all the same. But standard price is lower. I don’t know what to think about these category changes yet.

It’s very strange. They seem to have the old & new categories available. The descriptions for garden, resort & standard views are all the same. But standard precise is lower. I don’t know what to think about these category changes yet.
Yes totally agree

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter