Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1926-1927

Hi all! I’m wondering about two things, if anyone who’s been recently can weigh in.

Is there in room dining/room service at YC? I know they brought it back for a time last August, but I’m not seeing any mention of it on the WDW website anymore.

Also, can guests rent boats again yet? Like the little two seaters or the pontoon boats, the ones you drive yourself? Thanks!

:welcome:

When is your trip?

:goodvibes

Hi Dee,

Can you add me to the list for 12/15-12/22 staying this time at the Yacht club

:welcome: back!

Will do!

:cool1:

Whelp, after having to cancel our last trip in September to YC we recently found a room at YC for our October trip so we switched it up. We’ll be there once again the 15-23! Cannot wait…

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Checked into the Beach Club today after a few nights at the Contemporary. There is not much sand in Stormalong Bay.

Anyone know why?

Has anyone who stayed recently at YC and had disruptions on their balcony from the construction complained to Disney either during their stay or after the fact? If so, what was the outcome? I kind of got the run around so I was curious what experience others may have had. Thanks!

If you've gone to Stormalong bay recently, do they still have the sign up for the "adult only guests over 18" hot tub and was it operating okay? Last time we were there, the temperature was way off and they ended up shutting it down for the week.
If you're talking about the hot tubs in the rock area, no, there were not any signs on those hot tubs today

Last edited:
Is there a particular place to do a room review? We had a primo BC room and wanted to leave some details. If there is no special place to do that, I'll just tack it on here.

BC is my new special retreat. Loved it 110%

Checking in later this week! We booked a Garden/Woods View (just the wife and I). 7 nights, then hopping over to Grand Floridian for 2 nights.

We requested a high floor away from the lobby and elevator.

Anything to know about this resort? We usually stay Moderate and in the winter, so this is all new to us. :earsboy:

Is there a particular place to do a room review? We had a primo BC room and wanted to leave some details. If there is no special place to do that, I'll just tack it on here.

BC is my new special retreat. Loved it 110%

I added your previous comments, and links to your pictures to this thread- feel free to add a longer, more detailed review of your room here and on the BC Room View thread if you wish:

Beach Club Room Views

:goodvibes

Last edited:
FYI, I’d love if someone on the ground can confirm this is the case at YC/BC too, but FWIW mid/late Sept I started seeing reports of 10am-10pm feature pool hours at other resorts (they were previously 10am-11pm). Seems like that could be the new seasonal hours shift.

Page 1927

the last time we stayed at yacht club we really felt special and we are very excited to be staying there again in Dec, can not wait to return

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:cool1:

Checking in later this week! We booked a Garden/Woods View (just the wife and I). 7 nights, then hopping over to Grand Floridian for 2 nights.

We requested a high floor away from the lobby and elevator.

Anything to know about this resort? We usually stay Moderate and in the winter, so this is all new to us. :earsboy:

Beach Club or Yacht Club?

The best advice I can give you, especially since you have requested a room away from the lobby/elevator, is to find where the nearest "secret entrance/exit" is to your room. That may save you lots of steps through the hallways.

Regardless of where your room is, knowing how to get into the building quickly (before getting to the lobby entrance) can be a welcome relief if it is extremely hot or if it is raining.

For the Beach Club, it is the door near Room 1501, there is a path at the corner of the resort as you are coming from EPCOT. See Post 8 (Beach Club) for more info.

There are several step-saving exits from the Yacht Club, but I am not as familiar with all of them. One is described in Post 9 (Yacht Club), but there are others. If you are at the Swalfin end of the resort, you can enter/exit from that wing.

::yes::

Beach Club or Yacht Club?

Yacht Club! We've visited a few times in the past on our EPCOT days, but never stayed there. I'm not sure why, but the layout of the resort always perplexed me. Hopefully we find an entry/exit close to our room. We are both light sleepers, so it's worth being away from the foot traffic. :earsboy:

FYI, I’d love if someone on the ground can confirm this is the case at YC/BC too, but FWIW mid/late Sept I started seeing reports of 10am-10pm feature pool hours at other resorts (they were previously 10am-11pm). Seems like that could be the new seasonal hours shift.
Current hours for Stormalong Bay are 10 am until 10 pm

Leisure pools are 7am until 11 pm

The big difference between Moderate resorts and the Yacht and Beach Club is the food options. You will find less food options at the counter service locations than at a food court. Even though you are staying at the Yacht Club, you will be able to order food from the Beach Club Marketplace. Storm Along Bay has food and beverages at Hurricane Hanna with servers who will take orders and deliver food. You can walk to Boardwalk and Swan and Dolphin for food, too.

The big benefit of staying at Yacht and Beach Club is the location. You can walk or take a boat to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, which is great for rope dropping. The Skyliner is a fun ride, and will also take you to Hollywood Studios, Riviera Resort, Caribbean Beach Resort, Art of Animation and Pop Century. A park hopper ticket makes it easy to hop into Epcot and DHS. And if you just want to relax in a quiet pool or hot tub, you have access to three quiet pools and hot tubs, located at YC, BC and BCV. And Storm Along Bay is a great place to relax. :)

I was just getting ready to post a request for the activities schedule/movie listing from anyone who is there now!

🎬
Here it is, the October activities schedule for the Yacht and Beach. I can never figure out how to post images in the correct position!!!! Hopefully someone can turn the image so it will be easier to view!

Attachments

• October 2021.jpg
    October 2021.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 52
Here it is, the October activities schedule for the Yacht and Beach. I can never figure out how to post images in the correct position!!!! Hopefully someone can turn the image so it will be easier to view!

Someone once said that if you do a screenshot of the photo, then post the screenshot, it will post in the correct position. I've never tried it myself.

This are the views from Beach Club room 1631, garden/woods view. It was a partial handicapped room. The entire bathroom (sink, toilet, tub) was in the same room with a barn door. There was extra space around the toilet, I assume so someone in a wheelchair could transfer over to it. The room was very close to the gift store, Beach Club Marketplace. Just turn right at the hallway right in front of the store entrance and its the first room on the right. I was disappointed at first when I received my text and saw where the room was on the 1st floor. I thought it would be noisy by just being around the corner from the marketplace, but it was not. But it was very convenient for refilling mugs and I enjoyed many afternoons sitting on the outside patio.

I'm sure when I post these photos they will not be turned the correct way, so if someone could correct the photos, be much appreciated! :thumbsup2

Attachments

• Beach 2.jpg
    Beach 2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Beach 3.jpg
    Beach 3.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Beach 4.jpg
    Beach 4.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Beach 5.jpg
    Beach 5.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 27

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter