Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We stay at the Beach Club for the location and service. The staff is always fantastic. Of course when the Yachtsman Steak house is open it is always a must for us.

hi everyone. originally booked dolphin for our end of august trip but just found a deal on yacht club i think is too hard to pass up on priceline.

question for you all. it is a water view room i am booking, and its me, DW, and DS2. i know there are several different room types and the only one that could be an issue is the room with a single king. do you know if i am able to get a rollaway bed if that is the one we end up with? i am going to put in a request but i know there are no guarantees so wanted to check about a rollaway.

thanks!

hi everyone. originally booked dolphin for our end of august trip but just found a deal on yacht club i think is too hard to pass up on priceline.

question for you all. it is a water view room i am booking, and its me, DW, and DS2. i know there are several different room types and the only one that could be an issue is the room with a single king. do you know if i am able to get a rollaway bed if that is the one we end up with? i am going to put in a request but i know there are no guarantees so wanted to check about a rollaway.

thanks!
The resort has rollaway beds and people have reported that they were able to request one. :)

51322512305_aa6e382cb8_b.jpg

Monday Magic Mail! Trip is so far away but couldn't resist these ears for our next Beach Club stay! :sail: :love:

OH MY GOD I NEED THOSE!!!

thanks!
My family took a vacation at BC last month. We asked for 2 queens and a day bed. Our room had no sofa/daybed. A rollaway bed was provided. My DS slept on it. He was satisfied. He is 18. I'm guessing your 2-year old will have a blast on the rollaway. After all, for a 2-year old, its like a low profile chase lounge.

thanks!

Make a request for a room with double queens if that's your preference. That's what I have requested during my early July trip. The room was not ready when we arrived (10am) and the front desk already knew what we have requested (2 queens + 1 day bed) and gave us that. The first room we got was on the 4th floor and we would prefer a lower-level room. So we politely asked for a different room. The front desk was able to find a different room for us. So please don't be afraid to ask. Enjoy your stay!

Make a request for a room with double queens if that's your preference. That's what I have requested during my early July trip. The room was not ready when we arrived (10am) and the front desk already knew what we have requested (2 queens + 1 day bed) and gave us that. The first room we got was on the 4th floor and we would prefer a lower-level room. So we politely asked for a different room. The front desk was able to find a different room for us. So please don't be afraid to ask. Enjoy your stay!

When and to who did you make the request? i know there are some better places and times to request.

When and to who did you make the request? i know there are some better places and times to request.
I have TouringPlans subscription and I use TP's room location request service to submit my preference. I also have a travel agent who also would submit my request.

Hello everyone! We moved over to Yacht when availability popped up - we have stayed at Beach in the past, but never yacht. We are booked WaterView, and I am wondering if any of you experts can help me decide on any room requests I should make? I am not really very picky, but I do love the idea of waking up to look at the lighthouse......that said, I think the preference for me would be to be away from the dog friendly rooms. As much as I love dogs, I have heard so many issues of barking/nosiy dogs.....and I don't envision a peaceful cup of coffee admiring Crescent Lake to a soundtrack of barks......is the resort divided into which rooms do and do not accommodate pets or are ALL rooms pet friendly?

Thanks in advance :)

We stayed 1 night last week in a 2BR villa at the BCV, and here are a few thoughts FWIW.

1. Ground floor was great for one night, no elevators to worry about. For longer stays I prefer higher floors with better views despite the inconvenience (we have a stroller so stairs don't work, otherwise I would be all about just doing that). We were room 124. Had we been on a high floor we would have seen some of the Epcot fireworks.
2. SAB is worth the hassle of split stay, we packed separate bags that we didn't unpack until we checked in to the Riviera for the rest of our stay. Had it been bad weather and we couldn't swim it wouldn't have been worth it, but we had 2 beautiful days.
3 The pool slide had really long lines consistently, but my kids were surprisingly willing to wait multiple times.
3. There are roaming servers at SAB, and once you are able to flag them down it's great. She checked on us multiple times, got us a few
extra things, and saved me waiting in line for a drink twice (a super slow, long line from the looks of it) or having to go inside to pick up a mobile order. Their QR code menu isn't great, they had a lot that wasn't on it. What's the point then!?
4. It's time to open up HH food side and the refillable mug station there!
5. Why did they take out the Freestyle machines at the BC marketplace? I'm not hallucinating that they were there before, am I?
6. I love the location and SAB at the BC, but the 2 BR villa at the Riviera absolutely blew away the one at the BCV! So, so, so much larger and nicer.
7. Walking into Epcot to pick up Fish and Chips for our entire group from the UK pavilion for dinner was pretty special.
8. The changing rooms/showers are nice to have, but there are only 2 and if a family walks in just before you you either have to wait quite a while or just change in a bathroom anyway. Seems like they could use a few more shower/changing areas in there.
9. That cement and the fake wood on the bridges get HOT! We survived with dipping our feet and shade hopping lol.

It was a very nice stay, and initially I was regretting dealing with a split stay and packing/unpacking, but walking into Epcot in the evening and 2 perfect days at SAB made me decide it was worth it!

Hello everyone! We moved over to Yacht when availability popped up - we have stayed at Beach in the past, but never yacht. We are booked WaterView, and I am wondering if any of you experts can help me decide on any room requests I should make? I am not really very picky, but I do love the idea of waking up to look at the lighthouse......that said, I think the preference for me would be to be away from the dog friendly rooms. As much as I love dogs, I have heard so many issues of barking/nosiy dogs.....and I don't envision a peaceful cup of coffee admiring Crescent Lake to a soundtrack of barks......is the resort divided into which rooms do and do not accommodate pets or are ALL rooms pet friendly?

I don't know the answer in regards to which section of YC allows dog or not. But during my stay of 6 nights, I saw well-behaved dogs. The only noise I heard was from a screaming kid on the other side of the wall.
In terms of room requests, TouringPlans dot com shows views of all the rooms there are at Disney. You don't need to be a member to use the room finder. But I do highly recommend TP subscription just for the room location request service alone....

I don't know the answer in regards to which section of YC allows dog or not. But during my stay of 6 nights, I saw well-behaved dogs. The only noise I heard was from a screaming kid on the other side of the wall.
In terms of room requests, TouringPlans dot com shows views of all the rooms there are at Disney. You don't need to be a member to use the room finder. But I do highly recommend TP subscription just for the room location request service alone....
Yes....I've used it quite often with fair success......but it doesn't tell us which rooms are/are not pet friendly. It really isn't that big a deal, I was just curious and apprecaite your insight.

5. Why did they take out the Freestyle machines at the BC marketplace? I'm not hallucinating that they were there before, am I?
There used to be two freestyle machines at the BC Marketplace and I was thrilled when they took them out. Two machines were not enough for the amount of people using them. There was a learning curve to the machines and the endless flavor choices made the lines for the machines rather long at time. I hated the fact that the only way you could get ice and water was from the freestyle machines, which were often busy.

The Yacht Club marketplace still has two freestyle machines, which is nice for people who enjoyed some of the beverages that are available.

The rooms that could be booked for guests having pet dogs stay with them traditionally have been on the first floor, overlooking the Quiet Pool. However, there have been reports of dogs in other areas of the YC. Service dogs can be in any room of any Disney resort

At Beach Club Villas now. Arrived this morning at 11am (technically I checked in a month ago online). Our room at BCV was ready at about 1pm which was much earlier then expected.

Keep in mind, half my group (big group of friends, extended family and immediate family) canceled a few weeks ago due to the decision making regarding fastpasses and capacity at Disney. Totally understandable, but my side of the trip chose to go anyway. And I’m glad we did.

Just a few things to mention so far, all positives. The pool at 11am this morning was empty. We had our choice of chairs, pretty much anywhere we wanted. Grabbed a few seats in a great location while we waited for our room.

Also had an ADR at Beaches N Cream. Food and service was phenomenal. A lot of servers in training, but it seemed like even the ones getting called back have to go through training. Our server was working at B&C for 5 years prior to Covid, then came back recently and is currently in training. I get it, but seems wildly inefficient for what they need right now in terms of staffing.

Grabbed drinks at HH. Line was minimal, and the bar setup is almost back to normal. The bartenders really are doing their best to manage the influx and they are doing great, at least so far today.

The room at BCV is great. No garbage anywhere, as many recent reports were stating on these boards and elsewhere. The place is spotless, all around. Maybe that will change though, I will update accordingly.

Pool is starting to get packed, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Garden Grocer is fantastic. Instacart with Publix, not so great. But both showed up on time. Bell hop took care of it all for us.

So far, all is great, but much more to come. Will update but if anyone has questions or anything, just let me know here or PM me. Happy to answer anything.

The rooms that could be booked for guests having pet dogs stay with them traditionally have been on the first floor, overlooking the Quiet Pool. However, there have been reports of dogs in other areas of the YC. Service dogs can be in any room of any Disney resort
Perfect. When reviewing the map and identifying the "dog relief" areas I suspected this would be the case. I certainly understand about service animals - I have put my request in for a SE facing room on an upper level so fingers crossed!

You can book online 500 days in advance, which today is 11/30/2022. But, if you search dates earlier and click that little rate details link, you can see rack rates through the end of 2022.

thanks- It works now- I could only see until the end of 2021- must have been a glich

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter