Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are at the yacht club does anyone know how to permanently bypass the air conditioner from shutting off every time the balcony opens or when there is no motion in the room. We have maintenance coming up soon to address but I want to just have ac on when we are in the room it’s becoming frustrating that we can’t even enjoy the balcony without the ac going off each time

We are at the Yacht Club right now and our AC stays on all day and night. We close the balcony door when sitting outside, like I'm doing right now. :)

I hope maintenance can fix your AC . :)

We are at the yacht club does anyone know how to permanently bypass the air conditioner from shutting off every time the balcony opens or when there is no motion in the room. We have maintenance coming up soon to address but I want to just have ac on when we are in the room it’s becoming frustrating that we can’t even enjoy the balcony without the ac going off each time
There are some old threads about thermostats. To find them search thermostats.

I’ve overridden the temp and motion settings (quick google search usually finds instructions), but don’t think I’ve ever been able to override the balcony door sensor. Not really sure if I’m correct on this, but I don’t think that’s possible.

I’ve overridden the temp and motion settings (quick google search usually finds instructions), but don’t think I’ve ever been able to override the balcony door sensor. Not really sure if I’m correct on this, but I don’t think that’s possible.
Maintenance came and was able to over ride the balcony door setting. They said it should last 5 to 7 days where the ac is constantly on for us. He said many times people come back to the room and it’s over 100 degrees and the wall paper is pealing off. I never realized the ac went off when the balcony door was open and my Husband was out there before dinner and it wasn’t shut all the way. For the person who mentioned they shut it when they are outside we would do that but we have a 5 year old with us and want to be accessible

Hi! We rebooked our twice canceled April 2020 trip to this summer and really looking forward to it! We will be at Yacht club July 23-28 and Poly from 28-Aug 1. Can you please add us to the list? thanks so much!

So very bummed! No room discounts available for our Sept stay-at any of the resorts we'd want. I'm glad we have a room but hate paying rack rate. Here's to hoping someone cancels and that I can snag a room with a discount.

Yep, no discounts at Y & B for our dates either. Actually YC is fully booked, nothing available even at rack rate for part of our stay. I’m guessing there might be a convention with a big room block. I can get a room there for the first 4 nights. We really prefer YC, so I’m still debating a split stay. For right now I have BC booked at rack rate for the whole week. This will be the first time in maybe 20 years we paid rack rate.

Is Disney filling resorts to full capacity? I was just curious because it seems room availability is very limited this summer.

Is Disney filling resorts to full capacity? I was just curious because it seems room availability is very limited this summer.

People have challenged me on this, but I personally can’t imagine they wouldn’t sell every room if they could, or somewhere very close. My take is I think growing travel demand, lack of other options (cruising, int'l travel, etc), rescheduled vacations, and still roughly 35% of Disney's room count being closed are leading to fuller occupancies at the resorts from what we've seen so far in this emerging from COVID world.

People have challenged me on this, but I personally can’t imagine they wouldn’t sell every room if they could, or somewhere very close. Personally, I think emerging from COVID travel demand, lack of other options (cruising, int'l travel, etc), pent-up demand, and still roughly 35% of Disney's room count being closed are leading to fuller occupancies at the resorts from what we've seen so far in this emerging from COVID world.

I think you’re right, FWIW. Just from the difficulty I had with availability when trying to change my May trip--and that was in March--I think Memorial Day weekend into at least the first week of June will see Spring Break levels again.

I don’t think many people realize that Disney makes their real money off the resorts.

Economists call it "revenge spending", Americans are planning on traveling more than ever the 2nd half of this year because they feel that they are "owed it".

It's hard to do apples to apples, because there are ~7,000 Value and Moderate rooms out of inventory (as are the resorts still to open between now and July) and the parks still have capacity limits, but the normally manageable late Summer and Autumn crowds may feel like peak Spring Break this year.

All I know is there were a some discounted Water View rooms at the YC for my late Aug. trip but I hesitated, so I'm staying with my previous rack-rate Poly room. Which is fine, because I'm owed a nice trip as well :rolleyes1.

Last edited:
We have been at BCV since Saturday. There are a noticeable number of rooms with the lights on at night on the hotel side, at least 15-20 easily seen walking over from Epcot. Have they started booking rooms already? I thought that the hotel was opening up around the first of June.

They are readying the rooms for opening. The water hasn't been run in over a year, the systems all need flushing and checking. The maintenance guys work on 24hr shift schedule and will have to go room to room to make sure all is in working order.

Exhibit A - plowing through multi-million dollar major renovations at Poly and CR in the middle of the worst leisure travel conditions many of us will see in our lifetimes. :-)

🏧💰💵
The key is that they were able to complete the planned WL renovation, the planned CR renovation and the planned Poly renovations all in a compressed time frame due to low attendance. The budgets were in the corporate plan but they need cash flow which had stopped in March 2020.

They were all on the books and the WL was scheduled and started on time in late 2019 and then the CR was up and finally the Poly were planed for last spring and summer of 2020 as we discussed the Poly Hawaii CL building closing for renovations last July-Sept.

The CR renovation was actually delayed since it was needed to reopen last July due to it's physical location and the ability to walk to the MK with large open space in the Atrium for social distancing.

The pandemic just adjusted the start dates and allowed Disney to compress the time required due to the low occupancy at the resorts.

Dave

I just downloaded the picture from my cellphone. I had a really hard time getting a picture that was decent.

View attachment 572289

We took the Magic Express this morning at it made the following stops in this order:
Caribbean Beach
Riviera
Boardwalk
Yacht Club

We have taken the ME many times and this is a common route for it. But it doesn't always follow the same route.
Thank you for posting the picture!

Last edited:
Just an FYI...Beaches and Cream is not available for take-out ice cream. I wanted to get a milkshake or an ice cream cone and walk around outside of the resort, so we were pretty disappointed. Not really sure why we couldn’t get takeout ice cream.

B&C did open their takeout window back when the restaurant first opened. The problem was the lines that developed didn’t allow for any distancing. Also the restaurant is currently using the four outside tables for ADR seating and people lining up at the takeout window created distance issues there also.

B&C did open their takeout window back when the restaurant first opened. The problem was the lines that developed didn’t allow for any distancing. Also the restaurant is currently using the four outside tables for ADR seating and people lining up at the takeout window created distance issues there also.
Makes sense.

FWIW, it’s pretty impossible for any social distancing in that area anyway (people walking back-and-forth along the pathway, guests coming and going from the restaurant or waiting for an ADR, guests back-and-forth from SAB).

Page 1830-1831

I checked on the noodles and the CM said it's fine to bring your own.

The pool right now is practically empty, no waits that I've seen to get in.

Also, gotta say, the weather this week is the nicest I've seen down here. Not too hot, not too humid, and a great breeze throughout the day. If only it would be this nice when we go in September!

Thank you so much for checking on this info.

:thanks:

Just booked one this morning And I was wondering the same. I have a confirmation number, but no email and not showing on my plans. I also gave my dvc number, but not sure I got a discount even though she said there was one.

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

When is your trip?

:cool1:

I was told this same thing when I booked, from 2 different CMs when I booked cabanas for my upcoming trip. I didn’t think it sounded right at the time. I was told that the recreation CM would process a refund for the discount at check-in. I haven’t had the time to sit on hold to ask about it a third time...

:welcome:

When is your trip? Which resort?

:cool2:

Hi all,

Just wondering whether valet parking is up and running yet for guests with disabilities please?

Plus will bell services transfer luggage over to GF for the last few nights of our stay? Many thanks

:welcome: back!

I don't have you on the Be Our Guest list. When is your trip?

:woohoo:

Hello! I have a mid-May short stay-cation at Yacht Club. I reserved just a basic, garden-view room. I would like to get a room with a day bed, as my two kids are older and don't share a bed. In the Disney app, the only room requests it allows are for "king bed". How do I request a day bed room? Thanks in advance!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:dogdance:

enhance

enhance

As always, thanks for your beautiful pictures!

:goodvibes
:cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter