Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

If anyone is interested.... a very limited free dining offer dropped this morning. Check in dates are only June 27 through 28, July 5 through 7 and August 29 through September 8. Must be booked by January 16th. Basically just covers time around 4th of July & Labor Day weeks.

It’s really limited in number of rooms, as far as I can tell, with crappy availability for YC/BC in September. We currently have a BB booked at BC for Sept 9-13. Tried Sept 8-13, just to see, and the “free” dining would cost us over $800 (even after deducting the cost of tickets and the extra night) and we would have to switch to BW instead. It might work out better for a larger family or different dates, but for just the two of us on those dates it’s just not worth it.

It’s really limited in number of rooms, as far as I can tell, with crappy availability for YC/BC in September. We currently have a BB booked at BC for Sept 9-13. Tried Sept 8-13, just to see, and the “free” dining would cost us over $800 (even after deducting the cost of tickets and the extra night) and we would have to switch to BW instead. It might work out better for a larger family or different dates, but for just the two of us on those dates it’s just not worth it.

The room discounts have almost always been better for our party of 2 at deluxe resorts. The 30% off is more than the cost of the dining plan for 2. I stick with a room discount, an AP & Tables in Wonderland. We have the BB discount for September at YC.

The room discounts have almost always been better for our party of 2 at deluxe resorts. The 30% off is more than the cost of the dining plan for 2. I stick with a room discount, an AP & Tables in Wonderland. We have the BB discount for September at YC.
You’re right - I’ve only ever booked FD, but for 4 guests and an upgrade to Deluxe dining, but this year my husband and I are going without the kids, and even a 20% discount is a better deal than FD (plus I doubt it will be available my dates). Anyone know if there is a room discount watch thread?

I posted this question earlier not realizing that there are specific threads for each Disney resort. My question is, do the 5 person rooms at Yacht Club always have 2 queens and a day bed? Our past two trips, we stayed at the Polynesian, so we weren’t sure if it was the same set up?

:welcome: to the Yacht & Beach FAQ!

:cool1:

The Yacht Club has a variety of bedding configurations- some rooms have 2 Queens and a Day Bed, some rooms have 2 Queen beds only and a very small percentage have a King bed with different furniture (pullout chair, regular chair, ottoman). I am not sure of the percentage of rooms with 2 Q and DB, but I believe it is more than 50% of the rooms.

So, if you book a room with 5 guests (are all over age 3?), you have to be blocked in a room that has a sleeping surface for everyone. That means that you should have priority for a room that has a daybed, over a smaller group that has "Daybed room please" as a request. There have been a few cases when no such rooms are available at the time of check-in so a party of 5 has been assigned a room without a daybed,

In that case, a rollaway cot will be provided. My understanding is that they are comfortable for sleeping, but intrusive in the space they take up in the room.

🛏

You’re right - I’ve only ever booked FD, but for 4 guests and an upgrade to Deluxe dining, but this year my husband and I are going without the kids, and even a 20% discount is a better deal than FD (plus I doubt it will be available my dates). Anyone know if there is a room discount watch thread?

There are a number of Watch Threads of various topics: date-based, room only, AP, etc, in the Disney Discount Codes and Rates subforum in the Resorts Forum.

:magnify:

:welcome: to the Yacht & Beach FAQ!

:cool1:

The Yacht Club has a variety of bedding configurations- some rooms have 2 Queens and a Day Bed, some rooms have 2 Queen beds only and a very small percentage have a King bed with different furniture (pullout chair, regular chair, ottoman). I am not sure of the percentage of rooms with 2 Q and DB, but I believe it is more than 50% of the rooms.

So, if you book a room with 5 guests (are all over age 3?), you have to be blocked in a room that has a sleeping surface for everyone. That means that you should have priority for a room that has a daybed, over a smaller group that has "Daybed room please" as a request. There have been a few cases when no such rooms are available at the time of check-in so a party of 5 has been assigned a room without a daybed,

In that case, a rollaway cot will be provided. My understanding is that they are comfortable for sleeping, but intrusive in the space they take up in the room.

🛏

Thank you. We would prefer a daybed, but would be fine with a rollout. It will be me, DH, and our triplet boys, who are 10. They are small and one always loves sleeping on the spare bed (daybed or rollaway). I guess we are still on the fence about the 3 EPCOT resorts—YC, BC, and BWI. YC seems to be the most recently renovated. Is that accurate. There seems to me minor differences with BC and YC was a tad less, so I reserved that. We will only be here for 3 nights and our primary focus will be Galaxy’s Edge. BWI rooms look lovely, but the pool is not as exciting. Of course, not sure we’ll have much time for that anyway.

For those who have stayed at all three, what is your preference?

Updates to the Be Our Guest list when you get a chance, Dee...

January 10-12 BC GV CL (last minute, wow that‘s a good rate, DH says book it trip)

January 23-27 BC SV (OMG it’s the crack of dawn but SWGE here we come)

April 16-20 CSR (but I’m sure I’ll find a way to switch to YC/BC eventually)

September 9-13 BC SV (F&W, yum!)

I truly think I have a YC/BC addiction. No matter how often I try to stay somewhere else, I always seem to end up back at SAB...

Just home from 7 glorious nights at the beach club. We had a woods view room, second floor (2528) which was close to Epcot and the secret entrance and had a full balcony and day bed. Perfect room. We watched the Epcot Fireworks from our balcony a lot. The weather wasn’t really pool weather but we went in about 5 times. We did a garden grocery delivery and they were really backed up. We asked for it to be delivered by bell services (6 dollar fees) when it arrived but we had been traveling since 3 am so we were beat. And I woke up at 1:30 a, realizing either we slept through the delivery or it never happened. I went down to the lobby to enquire and they brought it up right away. They never did charge me which makes me think they forgot to deliver it versus we slept through them trying.
The cleaning of the room each day was perfect. Lots of supplies left and it always happened when we were out.
Lobby was gorgeous and smelled fantastic. Christmas decorations were beautiful. They had a coco stand in the lobby but we didn’t indulge.
The only issue was the busses. They really are terrible. I think Disney has pulled back on them because I never remember waiting so long. And twice we were in line and didn’t get on because it was so packed. We never sat because yacht club gets picked up first. I always loved the fact that when I went to Disney I never had to rent a car because the transportation was so fantastic. They seem to be relying on more and more people using Lyft and have pulled back on busses.
I don’t know if that will deter me from Beach Club in the future but it’s something I will consider.
We rode the skyline for fun from Epcot to Hollywood studios. It was fun if you are not in a hurry!
Overall another great Disney vacation at Beach Club.

Hi all! 29 days until our trip to the Yacht Club. This time we are staying Club Level. Does anyone have any recent pictures of the food or menus that they serve each day? Or do you know if the selections change daily? Thanks in advance!

Thank you. We would prefer a daybed, but would be fine with a rollout. It will be me, DH, and our triplet boys, who are 10. They are small and one always loves sleeping on the spare bed (daybed or rollaway). I guess we are still on the fence about the 3 EPCOT resorts—YC, BC, and BWI. YC seems to be the most recently renovated. Is that accurate. There seems to me minor differences with BC and YC was a tad less, so I reserved that. We will only be here for 3 nights and our primary focus will be Galaxy’s Edge. BWI rooms look lovely, but the pool is not as exciting. Of course, not sure we’ll have much time for that anyway.

For those who have stayed at all three, what is your preference?
We prefer the YC over the BC for these reasons. Firstly the YC gets picked up and dropped off first by the buses. This is huge for us because it guarantees your family a seat on the way to the parks and you are first dropped off first on the way back. Secondly the back entrance of the YC goes straight to the boat marina to HS and Epcot and the YC has better direct access to the sandy side of SAB, Hurricane Hannas and the beach cabanas. And thirdly the YC rooms are very nice and more updated than the BC. The YC rooms have a sliding door to the bathroom area which affords some privacy while dressing and they have the laminate floors which seem cleaner to me. Also YC has upgraded showers which BC also does not. We have not stayed at BWI but we have wandered around the property many times during our 6 plus stays at YC/BC. And as you already know the pool does not compare well at all to SAB but it is much smaller and has a cool slide. My kids are happy to stay in the pool all day at YCBC. I enjoy it also... you can't beat the sandy bottom feels great on your feet after walking all day in the parks!

Hi Dee!

We booked FD July 6-14. Only thing I could get at BC or YC was YC Standard View. I’m still watching in case a better view opens up. I haven’t cancelled my August BC- still debating, but you can add us to the July list! FD was sooo limited but since we are bringing dgs for his first visit, and girls are legal agefor alcoholic beverages FD was huge for us!

Last edited:
We prefer the YC over the BC for these reasons. Firstly the YC gets picked up and dropped off first by the buses. This is huge for us because it guarantees your family a seat on the way to the parks and you are first dropped off first on the way back. Secondly the back entrance of the YC goes straight to the boat marina to HS and Epcot and the YC has better direct access to the sandy side of SAB, Hurricane Hannas and the beach cabanas. And thirdly the YC rooms are very nice and more updated than the BC. The YC rooms have a sliding door to the bathroom area which affords some privacy while dressing and they have the laminate floors which seem cleaner to me. Also YC has upgraded showers which BC also does not. We have not stayed at BWI but we have wandered around the property many times during our 6 plus stays at YC/BC. And as you already know the pool does not compare well at all to SAB but it is much smaller and has a cool slide. My kids are happy to stay in the pool all day at YCBC. I enjoy it also... you can't beat the sandy bottom feels great on your feet after walking all day in the parks!

Thank you! This is what I needed to hear to confirm I made the right decision on YC.

I know YC and BC share buses...but I just saw on another thread that they also share Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin...is that correct? Does it change throughout the year? We're staying at BC Dec 1-7.

Thank you so much for your review of the YC. We just switched from the BC to the YC because of free dining availability. I was wondering about the walk to the pool from YC and glad to hear it’s close to the sandy side of the pool. We have a woods/garden view room and are very excited about our stay. We usually stay in MK resorts so trying something new this trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter