Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I know this group is probably bias but I am ok with that lol. A stay at Boardwalk has come up for $180 cheaper. It is a standard view and we have Water view booked at YC. We are only there 4 nights. To be in the same area is $180 more worth it?
A water view anywhere is much better than a standard view anywhere. For me personally, $180 difference for a four night stay isn't enough money to make me switch to the Boardwalk. I don't like the long hallways at the Boardwalk and the fact that you have to walk all the way to the lobby area to get back to your room because there aren't any entrances to the rooms except after you pass all the restaurants and stores and reach the middle by the lobby. But then I'm prejudiced. ;)

A water view anywhere is much better than a standard view anywhere. For me personally, $180 difference for a four night stay isn't enough money to make me switch to the Boardwalk. I don't like the long hallways at the Boardwalk and the fact that you have to walk all the way to the lobby area to get back to your room because there aren't any entrances to the rooms except after you pass all the restaurants and stores and reach the middle by the lobby. But then I'm prejudiced. ;)

Thank you for that information. I didn't know that about the hallways.

Agreed! I would also add YC/BC has more convenient QS options and if you plan on visiting the pool even once Stormalong Bay can't be topped. Definitely biased :rotfl:

Super excited - first time at Beach Club. Rented DVC Points for a Studio Nov 16 - 21.
It looks like we only get one day's worth of coffee/sugar/creamer, is that correct? If so, what style of coffee maker do they have in the Studio DVC rooms so we can bring our own?
Also, we're driving, is there a separate parking area for the DVC vs the regular hotel?
Bummed about them removing the freezer part of the 'frig unit, had been planning on bringing some frozen breakfast sandwiches.
Can you see the fireworks from Epcot at anyplace on the property? I saw one of the pictures from the SAB that showed fireworks.

I've asked for more coffee on a few occasions and they've provided it with no issue whatsoever. I don't know if it's policy or not but I simply asked and someone brought me a few pouches with the filter packs. (this is when staying on points) Not guaranteed, obviously, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Beaches and Cream will be closed till sometime in December. Part of the adjacent Arcade is partitioned off, which seems to confirm B&C expanding into the Arcade space.

View attachment 429571View attachment 429574View attachment 429571View attachment 429572View attachment 429574
Speaking of the B&C refurb, are there any reports or pictures of the temporary ice cream location? I am curious what it offers and looks like. Sad that I will be missing it on the next 2 trips.

Speaking of the B&C refurb, are there any reports or pictures of the temporary ice cream location? I am curious what it offers and looks like. Sad that I will be missing it on the next 2 trips.
I heard it will either be at Ariel’s or Martha’s Vineyard.

Short answer: Yacht Club!
Full disclosure; we're DVC and own at the BCVs so are a little partial to the villas! :thumbsup2

Long Answer:
With the YC you are almost guaranteed a full balcony or patio. With the BC those odds are about 50%. In my opinion the YC is a bit more quieter than the BC and offers a more relaxing feel. The BC lobby seems to be a little busier primarily due to the traffic for the Cape May Cafe.

Both resorts have QS options and refillable mug stations in their respective QS locations [BC Marketplace and {YC }The Market at Ale and Compass]. For both resorts you'll have access to a variety of TS dining including the aforementioned Cape May Cafe [Buffet], Yachtsman Steakhouse, and Ale and Compass Restaurant. There is also Beaches and Cream. Lounges are plentiful, with Crews Cup [YC], Ale and Compass Lounge [YC] and Martha Vineyard Lounge [I'll call that BC side]. Last but not least is another QS option at SAB, actually just outside of SAB with Hurricane Hannas.

As previously mentioned by another poster, bus service advantage goes to YC as it's the first pickup to AK, MK, and DS and shares with BC. Walking is your friend for Epcot and HS, although I know that the walking option doesn't work well for everyone. I personally am looking forward to riding the new Skyliner "just because" on our next visit on October. May even the long way from IG to HS!

Bottom line, you can't go wrong with either resort but to me the YC has few advantages as mentioned above.
Regardless of your choice you'll have a great celebratory vacation!

Thanks for those points. Yea, I'm thinking the balcony might be the tipping point for us and this trip. Bus pick up is also a plus, but not a deal breaker. Besides, BC may be better to save when we're going with the kids. I think they'd like it better than YC. I may just have to see what options are available when the discount comes out and what price differences are.

I know this group is probably bias but I am ok with that lol. A stay at Boardwalk has come up for $180 cheaper. It is a standard view and we have Water view booked at YC. We are only there 4 nights. To be in the same area is $180 more worth it?

We fell in love with BWI when we stayed in Jan. Having said that, part of it was the view! We'd booked standard (because how much different can it be, we won't really be looking out our window that much, blah blah blah...) but then got a garden view- that included top floor and a view of Epcot and Illuminations- and WOW we could see the difference! We took advantage of that balcony and view just about every night and it made our trip that much more special. Personally I think the extra $45 a night to have a water view at YC is worth it over a standard at BW. Knowing what I know now, I'd have paid extra to upgrade to garden or water.

Someone was asking about bottled water above.

The 8-packs of 12-oz Dasani are $4.49 at the Market at Ale & Compass (YC). These are AP discount eligible. Not cheap but not terrible either. Pic taken on Saturday.

View attachment 429628
Please confirm AP discount at YC market.. If that is indeed true, they must have recently changed policy. I have always been told by CMs that AP discount is not honored there. I know that the BC Marketplace offers AP discount, except on food.

Please confirm AP discount at YC market.. If that is indeed true, they must have recently changed policy. I have always been told by CMs that AP discount is not honored there. I know that the BC Marketplace offers AP discount, except on food.

I was given an AP discount and have in the past. I guess from your experience YMMV!

The cabanas are well-documented on this thread so this is repetitive, but just a few photos from the ground this past weekend. I am nearly certain I have the numbers correct from the what I saw on the signs, but if someone thinks I have any messed up, please let me know.

IMG_0548.jpeg

IMG_0553.jpeg

IMG_0555.jpeg

IMG_0505.jpeg

I was given an AP discount and have in the past. I guess from your experience YMMV!
I last received the AP discount on the 8-mini water bottles in June. I would honestly walk over to the BC Marketplace if I was told no at Ale & Compass :rotfl:

Thanks for those points. Yea, I'm thinking the balcony might be the tipping point for us and this trip. Bus pick up is also a plus, but not a deal breaker. Besides, BC may be better to save when we're going with the kids. I think they'd like it better than YC. I may just have to see what options are available when the discount comes out and what price differences are.

We fell in love with BWI when we stayed in Jan. Having said that, part of it was the view! We'd booked standard (because how much different can it be, we won't really be looking out our window that much, blah blah blah...) but then got a garden view- that included top floor and a view of Epcot and Illuminations- and WOW we could see the difference! We took advantage of that balcony and view just about every night and it made our trip that much more special. Personally I think the extra $45 a night to have a water view at YC is worth it over a standard at BW. Knowing what I know now, I'd have paid extra to upgrade to garden or water.

Can you see Illuminations (Or the new show) from the water view rooms at YC? I believe that would be worth the price alone.

Can you see Illuminations (Or the new show) from the water view rooms at YC? I believe that would be worth the price alone.
It might depend on what water view angle you have. Last time, we were pool/lake view, room 2057 and had an incredible view of the fireworks. Touring plans has some good pix that may provide a good angle. Personally, any view from a water room is likely good:).

Just back from our 9 day stay at BC and the resort and area all around (pool, boardwalk, etc.) were all amazing. I will say though we were a bit bummed that we pretty much got the exact opposite of our 3 room requests (no full balcony, 4th floor instead of 1st, last room on the floor touching the yacht club side and we asked for close to epcot haha). I know those are just requests and I even told the front desk I would pay for an upgrade but it just seemed that the resort was fully booked those days (or at least for our length, I could probably have checked back a few days into the trip but decided not to).

Anyway thanks for all the tips and hopefully we can stay here again sometime soon. Gonna have to start saving immediately :)

Hi all! I've been checking out this thread to get an idea on where to stay for the trip I'm planning for next April. I'd love everyone's input though to help me make a final decision by the time I book, which should be in Sept. (waiting to see if they do a military discount, and if not what other discount can we get). You can see in my signature the years and places we've stayed before and ages of my kids.

This trip will be to celebrate my retirement from the company I worked for over 20 years (it will be 22 when I retire). I took a leap of faith to take a position I was offered in a totally different type of company in May and I'm loving it, but I stayed on to work some weekends with the other company and so I can claim retirement. I'm not salary with them anymore, but the hourly pay I make is being put away for this trip and savings. We will also be celebrating DH's birthday that falls at the end of that week.

This trip will be just DH and I- and only the 2nd trip just the two of us. We've been with the kids mostly, did one trip with just DS2, I went with DS2 and his GF and the rest of their HS band to perform at WDW, and last summer and this past summer we went with both DS's and their GF's. DH said the next trip we do he wants it to just be the two of us because he really enjoyed our anniversary trip in Jan. I figured the week I picked in April will be perfect for the two reasons to celebrate!

After planning around multiple people, I welcome the ease of planning for just DH and I. I know our taste in food, we both wake up and go to sleep around the same time, we have similar wants as far as what to do in and out of the parks, yet we enjoy sometimes not planning and just going with the flow. One of our other goals is to stay in different resorts. We're not fans of split stays because we know we'll be coming back again. For our anniversary we stayed at BWI. I had no idea how much we'd enjoy it- I just picked it because it was the most similar to where we stayed for our honeymoon. But the balcony and view of Epcot, the closeness to Epcot and HS, and just the more "grown up" vibe of the resort really captured us. I figured this trip we'll be wanting to spend more time in Epcot for Flower and Garden and HS for Star Wars (we're SW geeks) so the location of YC or BC would suit us best.

So here's where I need YOUR help- which one to choose for us this time- Yacht Club or Beach Club? There may be other questions you'd have to ask me to help determine this, so ask away. I appreciate any help you can give me!

Congrats! We have stayed at Beach Club with a military discount and last time we went, in 2018, they did offer military discount for YC as well. I did call the day it was released.
From our experience at BC I would prefer to stay at YC if I were visiting without kids.
YC is so much quieter and calmer than BC and the environment is more"mature" in my opinion.
Having a better chance to get a full balcony at YC is another perk. I highly recommend the water view. We absolutely loved sitting on the balcony at night and watching all the activities on the water. It's just a breathtaking view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter