• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are here now in a garden view room with 2 queen beds. I thought all the rooms had a sofa that converted to a daybed. Ours does not, which really doesn’t work for us. Am I imagining that most of the rooms have daybeds? Our rooms at the Poly and Contemporary both did so maybe I’m thinking of those instead. I hope not though.
That happened to us a couple of years ago. We really wanted daybed so we went back down to desk after check in and they moved us across hall to room w daybed. Easy and quick!

We are going to the AP preview on the 17th too! Unfortunately we won’t be at YC. This will be our 4th Disney trip this year. Because was so unexpected, we are getting the room for our kids too & we have a trip to Virginia planned next month, we decided to keep it as economical as possible. We are trying AS Movies for the first time. I can pay for both rooms for all 3 nights for pretty much what 1 room would cost for just 2 nights. I will definitely be missing YC, but there won’t be time to relax much anyway! Enjoy the preview!, :goodvibes
That’s totally what I had planned to do, but when my DH said he wanted to stay in walking distance I didn’t argue too much haha! We decided to use the Disney chase visa reward points I have been hoarding, so technically it isn’t costing us anything :-)

That’s totally what I had planned to do, but when my DH said he wanted to stay in walking distance I didn’t argue too much haha! We decided to use the Disney chase visa reward points I have been hoarding, so technically it isn’t costing us anything :-)
Lol! We're at Pop for our 1 night AP Preview of SWGE.....but I have a waitlist in for a BCV studio without much hope for that night, Aug 21.

I just changed my Dec 8th to Dec 11th trip from Contemporary to YC. It was only $100 more so thought it could be worth it to stay close to Epcot and DHS. BC is also coming up. We stayed at BC for one day on a previous trip for free due to a Disney Error in our favor. I got YC water view room. Is this a good move or should I go back to BC garden view room for $40 cheaper? I think it was a good move switching from Contemp though to be closer to EP and DHS.

I just changed my Dec 8th to Dec 11th trip from Contemporary to YC. It was only $100 more so thought it could be worth it to stay close to Epcot and DHS. BC is also coming up. We stayed at BC for one day on a previous trip for free due to a Disney Error in our favor. I got YC water view room. Is this a good move or should I go back to BC garden view room for $40 cheaper? I think it was a good move switching from Contemp though to be closer to EP and DHS.
If you enjoy patio/balcony time or keeping curtains open day or night, I think water view is totally worth $40/night.

I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of what groceries are available in the gift shop? We are staying in a 1 bed villa so will have a kitchen. I’m ordering groceries but don’t want to order too much, so was just curious what they had available.

I don't have time to add the links, but look around on Page 1, Post 6- Gift Shop. The pictures in the links are a few years old, but give an idea of what is available. I think there is also an attachment showing the DVC purchase list- the things that DVC owners can order in advance. Again, prices are a few years old, but it is a good overview of the selection offered.

:goodvibes

I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of what groceries are available in the gift shop? We are staying in a 1 bed villa so will have a kitchen. I’m ordering groceries but don’t want to order too much, so was just curious what they had available.
They have a lot of the traditional breakfast foods like milk, eggs, sausage, bread, cereal, orange juice, etc. They also have things like pizza. There is a grocery list floating around somewhere.

I don't have time to add the links, but look around on Page 1, Post 6- Gift Shop. The pictures in the links are a few years old, but give an idea of what is available. I think there is also an attachment showing the DVC purchase list- the things that DVC owners can order in advance. Again, prices are a few years old, but it is a good overview of the selection offered.

They have a lot of the traditional breakfast foods like milk, eggs, sausage, bread, cereal, orange juice, etc. They also have things like pizza. There is a grocery list floating around somewhere.
Hopefully this works. This is the DVC grocery order form for BCV as of today. https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...cht-and-beach-grocery-order-form-01232019.pdf

Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it!

I was not aware that you could order groceries from the DVC store! We always used Garden Grocer--keeping this list for our January BCV trip!

Do you need to call and request two queen beds if only 2 people are going? I don't want to get stuck in a room with one bed. Staying at YC

Do you need to call and request two queen beds if only 2 people are going? I don't want to get stuck in a room with one bed. Staying at YC
You might be given a room with a king bed even if you didn’t request it. That happened to us three times at the Beach Club. But you won’t be given a room with just one queen bed.

Thanks everyone for the info about not all rooms having the daybed. We did ask to switch rooms last night but they didn’t have availability for anything better than what we currently have. We will just stick with this room and make it work. On the plus side, the beds are incredibly comfortable and the resort is gorgeous. You cannot beat the walk to EPCOT!
On the negative side, service is a bit of a disappointment. Housekeeping did not replace any of the toiletries we used so we’ll have to call for more. Our magic bands mysteriously stopped working today and it took two trips to the front desk to fix the issue. Also, I was really surprised that for what is kind of a convention/business hotel that there is no secure wi-fi connection for guests. I asked the front desk about it and the lady looked at me like she had no idea what I was talking about. I brought my work laptop with me and cannot connect it to an unsecured network. The unsecured network is all that is available though. So for anyone wanting to use their computer here, you may want to be aware of that issue.
When we arrived on the Magical Express yesterday it took a really long time to get here because the bus stopped at Art of Animation, Pop and Caribbean Beach before coming to Yacht Club. Seems like a better arrangement would be for Yacht and Beach to share but that is not how they did it. So, if you are in a hurry to get to the resort you may want to Uber or make arrangements other than DME. Our total trip was almost an hour from the bus leaving the airport to arriving at Yacht Club.

Thanks everyone for the info about not all rooms having the daybed. We did ask to switch rooms last night but they didn’t have availability for anything better than what we currently have. We will just stick with this room and make it work. On the plus side, the beds are incredibly comfortable and the resort is gorgeous. You cannot beat the walk to EPCOT!
On the negative side, service is a bit of a disappointment. Housekeeping did not replace any of the toiletries we used so we’ll have to call for more. Our magic bands mysteriously stopped working today and it took two trips to the front desk to fix the issue. Also, I was really surprised that for what is kind of a convention/business hotel that there is no secure wi-fi connection for guests. I asked the front desk about it and the lady looked at me like she had no idea what I was talking about. I brought my work laptop with me and cannot connect it to an unsecured network. The unsecured network is all that is available though. So for anyone wanting to use their computer here, you may want to be aware of that issue.
When we arrived on the Magical Express yesterday it took a really long time to get here because the bus stopped at Art of Animation, Pop and Caribbean Beach before coming to Yacht Club. Seems like a better arrangement would be for Yacht and Beach to share but that is not how they did it. So, if you are in a hurry to get to the resort you may want to Uber or make arrangements other than DME. Our total trip was almost an hour from the bus leaving the airport to arriving at Yacht Club.
An hour is pretty much expected judging from our past trips to other resorts. At least that is what I prepare myself for. I will keep track for our Aug 21 trip to Pop and our Aug 26 trip to YC!

I was not aware that you could order groceries from the DVC store! We always used Garden Grocer--keeping this list for our January BCV trip!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

I don't really know how this works. If I'm not mistaken, you need to be a DVC owner to use this order form.

Free Dining Bounceback deals for 2020 were released today.

This info was copied from the Bounceback FAQ thread in the Resorts/Discounts subforum:

Free Dining for Select 2020 Dates:
Thanks to @SarahC97
  • Offer: Free QSDP for values and moderates and regular DDP for deluxes/deluxe villas
  • Must check IN on the following dates in 2020:
    • May 26 - June 2
    • June 26 - September 12
    • December 9 - December 24
  • It requires a minimum 4-night stay
  • It requires a minimum of a 4-day park hopper
  • Value & Moderate bookings get free QS dining plan.
  • Deluxe & Deluxe Villa bookings get free regular dining plan.
  • You can pay the difference to upgrade the plan.
  • If you check-in during an eligible date, you receive FD for your entire stay.
  • Excludes - All Star Movies, French Quarter, Bay Lake, Little Mermaid rooms, Grand Floridian Villas
  • This offer is available to be booked from August 1, 2019 - October 31, 2019.

Free Dining Bounceback deals for 2020 were released today.

This info was copied from the Bounceback FAQ thread in the Resorts/Discounts subforum:

Free Dining for Select 2020 Dates:
Thanks to @SarahC97
  • Offer: Free QSDP for values and moderates and regular DDP for deluxes/deluxe villas
  • Must check IN on the following dates in 2020:
    • May 26 - June 2
    • June 26 - September 12
    • December 9 - December 24
  • It requires a minimum 4-night stay
  • It requires a minimum of a 4-day park hopper
  • Value & Moderate bookings get free QS dining plan.
  • Deluxe & Deluxe Villa bookings get free regular dining plan.
  • You can pay the difference to upgrade the plan.
  • If you check-in during an eligible date, you receive FD for your entire stay.
  • Excludes - All Star Movies, French Quarter, Bay Lake, Little Mermaid rooms, Grand Floridian Villas
  • This offer is available to be booked from August 1, 2019 - October 31, 2019.
You have to book a package for free dining, right?

So just want to make sure I am thinking correctly with our split stay. We have a BC GV 10/9-10/13 RO with dining plan . My mug will be good entire length of split stay. Morning of 10/13 go down with luggage to check out at BC and get a copy showing any dining credits left on reservation. Walk with luggage to Yacht Club for 10/13 -10/15 Club Level stay. Drop luggage at Bell Services, go to check in and be brought up to CL lounge for breakfast. Swim /Head to HS to use last TS ADR.
I can do online check in for both resorts around two weeks before my trip . I gave CM my ME info for both arrival/departure reservations.
Anything I am forgetting?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter