Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We have a trip booked for December 4th to 9th and there haven’t been any Disney discounts for those dates. I checked a conference schedule and there will be one at the Yacht Club from December 8th to 12th. The Epcot resorts are always popular in the fall and the discounts are usually hard to find.
I agree with likely no discounts at YC. We're December 4-11. We've never been at a hotel that's hosting a conference...does it have much effect on us vacationers?

I agree with likely no discounts at YC. We're December 4-11. We've never been at a hotel that's hosting a conference...does it have much effect on us vacationers?
Eh, usually, no, but the lobby can be a bit more crowded. I will say that the group that stayed at the YC during the week of 10 June was as large, loud, and noticeable as any group I've seen. I know people complained about the noise coming from the "quiet" pool.

I was able to get an AP discount for Nov 30-Dec 4th. Try leaving out December 5th, it seems to be a problem date for multiple resorts. You may have to try each day separately. Don't give up, something may open up later as you get closer to your dates. The convention peeps won't have much effect on vacationers, they are in meeting all day...which leaves them out of the pools and buses...bonus!! The only issue we have had, and that was only a couple of times in many many trips, was them taking over the bar and making a lot of noise. That happened at the GF though not the YC.

I got BC water view for the 7th - 11th. I already have standard view at BC for less through a TA, but picked up the water view so I can just go in and modify if CL pops up at BC or YC.

I got BC water view for the 7th - 11th. I already have standard view at BC for less through a TA, but picked up the water view so I can just go in and modify if CL pops up at BC or YC.

We also have a standard view at the BC with a discount through a TA and we are also hoping to find an AP discount for this December trip. Maybe something will open up as we get closer. :)

Anyone at BC right now and can tell me what Stormalong Bay hours are currently? Heading down in mid-August. Thanks so much!

27 days!!!!!! Question for all you recent visitors.....how soon have you been able to get into your rooms, specifically the BCV studios? The past couple of times we've stayed there, we weren't able to get into our room until well past 5:00. Might be bad luck, but we have reservations at Homecoming at 4:50 and I would like to be able to get ready in my room rather than the showers near SAB. Thoughts?

In July on a Saturday it was after 5. I was really hoping for at least the 3 because we got in at 8:30. Even with the lockers I’m not sure I would swim without a room again. I’m apparently fussy in my old age.

Hey all! We're a few weeks out from our trip and had a couple of questions....

1. On our honeymoon, we stayed CL at BC and my mildly irritable stomach loved having some hot oatmeal in my belly each morning. This year, we're not staying CL, and I was wondering...do they sell single serve oatmeal in the BC marketplace? And if so, is there a microwave you can use there? On previous WDW trips, my stomach has given me trouble, and I realized last year that I think it's the whole not-getting-something-solid in your belly thing. We do a planned ADR breakfast once or twice per trip, but for the other days, a quick, hot oatmeal would be super! (We are staying in the hotel BTW, not BCV)

2. Any update on the work they were doing on the 1st floor at BC? Have they moved to the 2nd floor, or has anyone seen the results of the work? I know they said it was an Wifi upgrade, but I'm secretly hoping that maybe there were some other minor renos!

3. This is off topic, but while I have y'all's attention, I'll make it quick! Does anyone know what's going on with Tower of Terror? I can't get a single FastPass for our entire trip other than late at night on one day. This has NEVER happened before. I've also checked wait times for the past week or so, and ToT wait times have been insane! Can anyone explain?

Thanks!:ccat:

Can you share what dates you were successful in obtaining an AP rate? We're early December and it certainly seems like the resort is totally sold out during our visit. Of course I'll keep checking but I'm not feeling optimistic.
November 23-27. Sounds like December may be harder to come by. Good luck!!

1. On our honeymoon, we stayed CL at BC and my mildly irritable stomach loved having some hot oatmeal in my belly each morning. This year, we're not staying CL, and I was wondering...do they sell single serve oatmeal in the BC marketplace? And if so, is there a microwave you can use there? On previous WDW trips, my stomach has given me trouble, and I realized last year that I think it's the whole not-getting-something-solid in your belly thing. We do a planned ADR breakfast once or twice per trip, but for the other days, a quick, hot oatmeal would be super! (We are staying in the hotel BTW, not BCV)

2. Any update on the work they were doing on the 1st floor at BC? Have they moved to the 2nd floor, or has anyone seen the results of the work? I know they said it was an Wifi upgrade, but I'm secretly hoping that maybe there were some other minor renos!

3. This is off topic, but while I have y'all's attention, I'll make it quick! Does anyone know what's going on with Tower of Terror? I can't get a single FastPass for our entire trip other than late at night on one day. This has NEVER happened before. I've also checked wait times for the past week or so, and ToT wait times have been insane! Can anyone explain?

TOT is running at half capacity while 1 of the elevators is being maintenanced. So fewer Fastpasses out there, too.

TOT has apparently been running at half capacity for quite a while now for what I think is planned or routine maintenance. I've read that here on the boards. When people are doing EMM they aren't able to fit it in easily between rope drop and the end of breakfast at 10, and there have been reports of long lines even during DAH. However, we did a DAH in June, and all 4 elevators were running, so it must all be up occasionally,

We have a trip booked for December 4th to 9th and there haven’t been any Disney discounts for those dates. I checked a conference schedule and there will be one at the Yacht Club from December 8th to 12th. The Epcot resorts are always popular in the fall and the discounts are usually hard to find.
I have a trip from 12/2 to 12/14 at Plop Century. I called searching for discounts first thing on the initial morning and I managed to get through on the phone only to be told that the system was down. This went on all morning into the afternoon but when I finally got through in the early afternoon, (I called on the special pass holder line every 45 minutes), I was told that there were no discounts available for the 3 separate reservations that I have booked for that time period. The CM that I was chatting with indicated that there was "Highly limited" availability for these dates.

I have been experiencing this lack of actual discounts for at least the last 3 years that I have been trying for them, (at various resort levels). These trips have been at different times of the year but not during the summer months (June, July, Aug. September).

I'm certain at this point that Disney is advertising that discounts are available, but for all intents and purposes they are so limited that it's very unlikely that people will actually be able to acquire one, especially during the fall and holiday seasons... EVEN THOUGH DISNEY JUST ADVERTISED THAT DISCOUNTS WERE AVAILABLE FOR THESE TIME PERIODS.

I feel like this is now at the bait and switch stage of Disney offering discounts that are extremely hard to obtain.

For those that feel the need to correct my actual experience: Congratulations if you got the passholder discount. 👏 👏 👏🙄 Just be aware that you are one of the ever shrinking Disney guests to acquire one. Most of us are not able to get them anymore.

:wave2: :hug:

You can request a Microwave in your room and if Housekeeping has one they will bring it to you. There is an industrial powered Microwave in the Marketplace that you can use. Another option is to invest in a foldable travel tea kettle that you WOULD be allowed to use in your room. Example:
https://tinyurl.com/y5qtqeh4

🥰

~NM

Last edited:

They sell the single serve, instant oatmeal cups (brown sugar variety) at the BC Marketplace, and they also have fresh hot oatmeal available for breakfast. Have you thought of bringing along some instant oatmeal packets and requesting a microwave for your room? I know there's no extra charge for the microwave, but it's subject to availability.

The only work I'm aware of at the BC is the Wi-Fi upgrade and setting up some sort of temporary location for ice cream, while Beaches & Cream is closed and undergoes refurbishment, starting about August 26.

We have a 7 night stay at BCV that I actually want to modify a bit by changing the first 4 nights to Yacht Club, then dropping the first 4 nights at BCV. I went online tonight to grab those 4 nights at YC and instead of just paying a night's stay +tax it is asking for the entire balance of the 4 nights. Is this right? I always thought for room only reservations you could pay the balance when you check in? Is it because it is exactly a month away?

We have a 7 night stay at BCV that I actually want to modify a bit by changing the first 4 nights to Yacht Club, then dropping the first 4 nights at BCV. I went online tonight to grab those 4 nights at YC and instead of just paying a night's stay +tax it is asking for the entire balance of the 4 nights. Is this right? I always thought for room only reservations you could pay the balance when you check in? Is it because it is exactly a month away?
Do you have it booked as a package rather than room only? A package would require full payment at 30 days.

Page 1490

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Here are the details we have about the 6 Deluxe rooms at the Beach Club. Definitely call Disney Central Reservations, or have your travel agent make a request for a deluxe room with a full balcony. Since there are only 6, you could add the room numbers for more clarification "Full balcony please, room 2557, 4557 or 3691, for example. You could add 1557 if a room on the ground floor with a patio is acceptable:

Detailed balcony information on Deluxe Rooms from guests who have stayed there and reported back:

There are six Deluxe rooms at BC. They are no longer have club level booking status.

1557 has a patio and lots of windows.
2557 and 4557 have extra large balconies.
3557 has the standing room only balcony.

3691 has both a standing room balcony and a full balcony
4681 has a standing room only balcony.

So 3 of the 6 have full balconies, 1 has a patio, and 2 have standing room only balconies.

Here are a couple of threads about Deluxe Rooms:

Beach Club Deluxe, Suites, VP and Presidential Rooms

Deluxe room thread

Thanks so much for the info. I'm wondering if it's better to book a different room category for a better chance at a full balcony?

Hmm that is very weird! What if you try just booking YC separately? Does it only ask for first night?
Actually, that's what I did. I have it saved in my "trips". It isn't a huge deal not to pay it all off at once...but I'll need a few more disney gift cards to do that :) I still have the full 7 night BCV booked and I'll wait to drop the first 4 nights of that before I grab the 4 separate nights at YC. I kind of wanted to split that 7 night stay anyway but hubby is the one who would just as soon stay in one place! Of course, when I told him we'd save a bit over $100 by splitting the stay he was all for it, lol! We're using that $100ish to stay one night for the SWGE AP preview 5 days earlier ;) I still can't believe we are flying back and forth twice in the last weeks of August.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter