Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Ok. I recently stayed BC CL in a standard view room and it was very close to the lounge. I had a view of the BC entrance. There are a bunch of rooms that are further so it could be a possibility to be further from the lounge.

If you really want the garden view CL room, would you be willing to book one night at rack rate? You can then call and have them note its a continuing reservation and the resort will try to not have you switch rooms. The availability does change so you could check multiple times a day to see if it would be covered under the AP rate.
Thank you so much for your reply. I am more concerned about room location than the view. We stayed BC CL WV last year and we were right next to a service elevator. I want to closer to the lounge but not share a wall with an elevator

Looking for advice, I can add a night on to our trip but I have to change from Garden View Club Level, to Standard View Club Level.
I don't want to be too far from the lounge. Is it worth it to change just do I don't have to change rooms? If I don't change, then I have to book just one night standard view non club level the first night of our trip.
Regardless of whether it's BC or YC, I would hang on to that elusive garden view CL room. They're guaranteed to be closer to the lounge and, in my opinion, have a better view than both the water and standard rooms. I've read here that you can use the lounge the morning of your club room check-in, so you can sleep your first night in the non-CL room and waltz upstairs the next morning for breakfast and snacks.

Thank you so much for your reply. I am more concerned about room location than the view. We stayed BC CL WV last year and we were right next to a service elevator. I want to closer to the lounge but not share a wall with an elevator
We were in a BC CL SV room in February. It was the room next to the lounge with the ice machine across the hall and the main bank of elevators in the wall behind the ice machine. You could hear the machinery of the elevators. We also had people congregating and chatting in front of our room. So you might not want to be too close to the lounge. ;)

Unfortunately, one garden view room does share a wall with the elevator - 5627

Screen Shot 2019-04-24 at 7.55.35 PM.png

The standard view rooms can be further, but the hallway was not that long. I was in 5664 or 5668 (sad I was just there and can't remember). It was perfect location for me. I felt steps away from the lounge, but never had bad noise or anything. If the view isn't important, you may have better luck not getting a room touching the elevator in a standard view room. There are only 9 garden view rooms (2 of which are accessible) compared to 35+ rooms. Maybe you could request by staircase? I doubt many people use them and they are halfway through the long hallway. Plus you would have that extra night :thumbsup2 If you did end up with a bad location, I would politely ask the concierge to relocate you. You could even explain how you had bad noise on a previous stay and do not want a repeat. They were all super friendly and more helpful than GF CL staff IMO :)

Unfortunately, one garden view room does share a wall with the elevator - 5627
We were in room 5652. We liked the view but it was a bit noisy. I put some towels in front of the bottom of the door and that did a good job of muffling the noise.

It looks like only one garden view room, 5627, would be a room that you wouldn't want. The rest of them look okay.

So excited - we have two rooms booked at the Yacht Club for 10/24-10/29/19 garden view! (one room for me, my son, wife and 2 kids and another room for my other 2 sons)

I'm still working on another reservation for my daughter & her children for 10/20-10/24/19 to arrive before my son and his family but could only get the nights of 10/18-10/20/19 at Beach Club Villa through a DVC member renting points. I haven't been able to book anything yet for 10/20-22/19 by renting points. She wants to stay 4 nights but due to sibling rivalry she doesn't want to stay same dates as him so hard to plan :confused3 Would be SO much easier if we all stayed same dates but I'm caught in the middle and have to do what I can :crowded: So looks like I'll be staying from 10/18-10/29/19 unless I can get my daughter a reservation for 10/20-10/24/19. Looking for any pixie dust anyone can give!

This will be our first visit at Yacht/Beach Club resorts. We've always stay at BWV and admired these hotels from across Crescent Lake. I'm super excited as have been wanting to experience Stormalong Bay for over 10 years!
We loved our last stay at YC and love BW. We have yet to stay at BC since very popular. We really enjoyed Stormalong Bay even as just adults. It sounds like a fun trip!

I'm so happy!!! The UK free dining offer for 2020 opened this morning and I've booked for Beach Club next year! That's two stays lined up now! I have stayed there once before but my BF hasn't, but I know he will love it as much as I do!

10 nights from 21 September 2020... I'm already counting down!

Last edited:
Hi Dee - will you remove me from the Ge Our Guest list please? Instead of YC in July the family is tagging along for the first part of our June trip. When they leave we are moving to BWV. I'm hoping we won't miss BC too much looking at it across the lagoon. I'm excited to try a new resort but we've stayed at BC the last 4 summers and it will always be "home"!

We are hoping to get a reservation at BCV for next summer, fingers crossed for some major good luck!

We were in a BC CL SV room in February. It was the room next to the lounge with the ice machine across the hall and the main bank of elevators in the wall behind the ice machine. You could hear the machinery of the elevators. We also had people congregating and chatting in front of our room. So you might not want to be too close to the lounge. ;)

Thank you so much for this information. I think we had 5699 in September, never ever ever again. I am going to stay with my GV reservation and rent dvc points from a friend, at the Boardwalk for that first night.

<Posted in forum as well but thought I would repost here too>

So in November we abandoned plans to stay BC Standard View and are now staying at the YC Club Water View for 5 days, then moving over to the Poly CL TPV for the following 5 days. In December we're staying at BC Club Garden View for our entire stay (DD's 13th birthday - and surprisingly BC Club was her choice -- and I dont mean that in a bad way, we just never stayed at BC before and she loves everything about the Poly, but after our tour she got very excited to stay there).

Child's ADHD has become pretty well managed with medications, but loud noises, when she's trying to unwind and settle in for the night from very active days, is and will always be a problem for her. With that said, after staying at the Boardwalk and walking through what seemed to be a never ending hallway but was fantasticly quiet, we're looking for a compromise between the two (not so far from elevator yet quiet).

Any advice please on what rooms we can request for each stay that would be best suited for our needs? Also is there any difference in Club level or Resort itself from BC to YC that would be helpful?

So in November we abandoned plans to stay BC Standard View and are now staying at the YC Club Water View for 5 days, then moving over to the Poly CL TPV for the following 5 days. In December we're staying at BC Club Garden View for our entire stay (DD's 13th birthday - and surprisingly BC Club was her choice -- and I dont mean that in a bad way, we just never stayed at BC before and she loves everything about the Poly, but after our tour she got very excited to stay there).

Child's ADHD has become pretty well managed with medications, but loud noises, when she's trying to unwind and settle in for the night from very active days, is and will always be a problem for her. With that said, after staying at the Boardwalk and walking through what seemed to be a never ending hallway but was fantasticly quiet, we're looking for a compromise between the two (not so far from elevator yet quiet).

Any advice please on what rooms we can request for each stay that would be best suited for our needs? Also is there any difference in Club level or Resort itself from BC to YC that would be helpful?
I am sure @GADisneyDad14 will be along soon with his fantastic floor plan maps, but I can offer a little info. We didn’t stay club level, but we were 3rd floor water view last Christmas room 3163. It is close to the elevator and stairwell, but with only a handful of rooms it is very peaceful. The view is fantastic. It is the same little wing with the suites that have the big bay shaped sitting room. I know there are club level water rooms on th higher floor in this same section. I don’t remember from the floor plan how where the lounge is, but I think it is fairly close.

Well, it looks like I'm going to give up my fantastic rate on the BC CL 1 bedroom suite last week of August. I've researched and it looks like there are two pullout couches. My youngest wants a real bed. Also, the think glass door won't afford much privacy, so it's less like a separate room than I had thought.

Swan, two rooms (hopefully connecting!), here we come. It's such a shame to give it up the BC concierge lounge - something I've always wanted to do.

6 nights, CL 1 bedroom with 5 day tickets for 4 people was $6200.

Well, it looks like I'm going to give up my fantastic rate on the BC CL 1 bedroom suite last week of August. I've researched and it looks like there are two pullout couches. My youngest wants a real bed. Also, the think glass door won't afford much privacy, so it's less like a separate room than I had thought.

Swan, two rooms (hopefully connecting!), here we come. It's such a shame to give it up the BC concierge lounge - something I've always wanted to do.

6 nights, CL 1 bedroom with 5 day tickets for 4 people was $6200.

Sounds like you’ve made your decision so no looking back, but I’ve stayed in that room type and did enjoy it. It’s a bit of an odd setup, but lots of room. You’re right, one is a pull out couch, the other is a flip-over couch/daybed. The King bed for the adults was awfully nice.

Those rooms can be in a bank that is either really close or really far from the elevators to the CL lounge, so that’s either a pro/con as well.

Enjoy the Swan.

Sounds like you’ve made your decision so no looking back, but I’ve stayed in that room type and did enjoy it. It’s a bit of an odd setup, but lots of room. You’re right, one is a pull out couch, the other is a flip-over couch/daybed. The King bed for the adults was awfully nice.

Those rooms can be in a bank that is either really close or really far from the elevators to the CL lounge, so that’s either a pro/con as well.

Enjoy the Swan.

Thanks. My husband and I have determined that we NEED two rooms, one for the girls and one for us. He's basically said without the two rooms we just don't go on vacation. So, the Swan it is! Anywhere else is just way too expensive (and I like staying on the Boardwalk. i am going to cancel my reservation tonight.

We stay at YC CL frequently, but only stayed at BC CL once., many years ago. The club levels offer the same amenities & food offerings. And of course, both share Storm Along Bay pool. In you situation, you might want to consider YC for both trips. ( if you can talk the birthday girl into it). The YC lobby is usually very calm & quiet. The BC lobby is much busier, with Cape May Buffet being right there. There are almost always crowds of people waiting around to be seated. There are families at YC of course, but there seem to be more adults than kids. The lounge is usually relatively quiet, even when full. The rooms, even near the lounge are really pretty quiet. The YC gets picked up first, so if you need a seat for your daughter, your chances are greatly improved at the YC. The BC bus stop serves both the hotel & the villas, so there are always many more people at that stop too.

The YC rooms were more recently renovated & have lots of storage & a nice sliding door to close off the sink area for the main room. That might be helpful with a teen getting ready. Remember the fireworks from Epcot every night too. They are quite loud & will be heard clearly in both resorts.

The YC lobby is usually very calm & quiet. The BC lobby is much busier, with Cape May Buffet being right there. There are almost always crowds of people waiting around to be seated. There are families at YC of course, but there seem to be more adults than kids.

I just wanted to mention that people always say the YC lobby is quieter -- but the last time I walked through, it was full of young adults wearing convention name badges. They weren't being obnoxious or anything, but the lobby definitely was not quiet and empty.

We stay at YC CL frequently, but only stayed at BC CL once., many years ago. The club levels offer the same amenities & food offerings. And of course, both share Storm Along Bay pool. In you situation, you might want to consider YC for both trips. ( if you can talk the birthday girl into it). The YC lobby is usually very calm & quiet. The BC lobby is much busier, with Cape May Buffet being right there. There are almost always crowds of people waiting around to be seated. There are families at YC of course, but there seem to be more adults than kids. The lounge is usually relatively quiet, even when full. The rooms, even near the lounge are really pretty quiet. The YC gets picked up first, so if you need a seat for your daughter, your chances are greatly improved at the YC. The BC bus stop serves both the hotel & the villas, so there are always many more people at that stop too.

The YC rooms were more recently renovated & have lots of storage & a nice sliding door to close off the sink area for the main room. That might be helpful with a teen getting ready. Remember the fireworks from Epcot every night too. They are quite loud & will be heard clearly in both resorts.

That information is awesome, thank you so much!! :) We decided on YC Club for November knowing she picked BC Club for December so we can get a feel for both resorts so we can compare at the end of the year -- plus going forward we'll know if we even want to continue split staying Epcot/Monorail Resorts or just stay on the Monorail side (I love the Poly so that'll always be a must for me, every trip. lol) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter