Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We cannot wait for our first BCV stay next weekend (family is running the half marathon). When we joined DVC in 2011, my dream was to stay at BC, but our room needs for two kids who can’t share a bed have always resulted in stays in other resorts. We’re bringing DD’s friend along with us, so we decided to go for a two-bedroom!

We’ve used Garden Grocer in the past, but we’ll only be there 3 nights this trip, and we don’t need much. I assume we can buy milk at the BC Marketplace. Do they sell large containers of water? Not too crazy about the tap water at Disney. Will likely bring bagels and pb and a box of cereal in our luggage. How’s the breakfast at BC Marketplace? We do have breakfast at Cape May on our last day.

We’ll have some downtime after the half-marathon. Anything we shouldn’t miss at BC? Hoping the weather will cooperate for some pool time!

Hi Everyone!

We have booked to visit BC for 10 nights in August, we have never stayed here before, we normally stay at CBR, so very excited!

I have had a search but cant find answers to two of my questions, could any one help?

We will be travelling with a 2 year old, I am hoping for a full balcony so we can put her to bed and make use of it, has anyone had experience in requesting balconies before, how did you do it? I have heard that you need to fax Disney before your stay. Is this correct?

Also, I have seen on a Vlog that somebody had a room with a curtain that you could pull across to seperate the bed from the rest of the room, do they still have these? If so, are they in particular rooms?

Thanks for your help!

We will be travelling with a 2 year old, I am hoping for a full balcony so we can put her to bed and make use of it, has anyone had experience in requesting balconies before, how did you do it?

Your best bet is to call the Main Reservations line and add a request for a full balcony to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Also, I have seen on a Vlog that somebody had a room with a curtain that you could pull across to seperate the bed from the rest of the room, do they still have these? If so, are they in particular rooms?

Thanks for your help!

We have never seen something like that in any of the rooms we have stayed in. They probably brought something with them.

We’ve used Garden Grocer in the past, but we’ll only be there 3 nights this trip, and we don’t need much. I assume we can buy milk at the BC Marketplace. Do they sell large containers of water? Not too crazy about the tap water at Disney. Will likely bring bagels and pb and a box of cereal in our luggage. How’s the breakfast at BC Marketplace? We do have breakfast at Cape May on our last day.
They sell milk and gallon size bottles of water at the BC Marketplace.

We will be travelling with a 2 year old, I am hoping for a full balcony so we can put her to bed and make use of it, has anyone had experience in requesting balconies before, how did you do it? I have heard that you need to fax Disney before your stay. Is this correct?
You have a 50% chance of getting a full balcony. You would have to request a full balcony by calling central reservations and adding it to your room reservation. It isn't common for people to fax in their room requests.

I have heard of only one room at the BC that had a curtain. It was one of those odd shaped rooms that the BC tends to have. That was years ago and may even have been before they remodeled the rooms, so who knows if that one room still has a curtain. :) But, in general, the deluxe resort rooms do not have a curtain that separates the room.

To Free Dining or not to Free Dining...that is the question...

Okay, so DH and I have got a bounceback booked at YC for September 2-6, at a pretty good rate, although I’m still optimistic about saving a bit more with an AP rate.

I can swap to either BC or YC under the free dining deal for a price that works out to less than $60 a day each for the dining plan, when you factor in the full price room rather than the discounted one. That’s a pretty good deal, and the tickets would be upgraded at checkin to renew our AP which are due then.

If it was a normal trip at any other time of the year, I’d do the free dining pkg. However, it’s F&W, and we have a tendency to graze WS instead of at least a couple of our TS meals. So I’m not sure we would make the best use of the credits, and we’d waste any savings, if that makes sense.

Do we keep the room only or swap to the free dining? DH is no help, since all he says is “whatever you like, dear, I just follow you around...as long as you’re happy.”

Thoughts?

I'd keep the room rate deal and then just enjoy grazing to your hearts content. :)

We had a room like that at YC a few years ago. This is my post from that stay.

We had a waterview club room that had a different set up. We have had this room once before but I don't think I've seen anyone talk about it here before. It was room 5173. It is 2 rooms from the club cast member prep room, but it was very quiet. Heard a bit of noise from the other guests in the hallway & room next door, but really never enough to be disturbed by it. This room has only 1 queen bed, but it has both the daybed & an oversized chair. Pretty sure the chair pulls out to a small bed. So there are actually 3 sleep surfaces. There is a full curtain between the bed & the daybed. This room would be very nice for a family that wants seperate beds for 2 kids. There was lots of floor space & would probably work well with a crib too. I took a few pictures.

And these are a few pictures. This was in September 2016 & before the rooms were remodeled. So not sure if they changed it to 2 queens then. Even tho we are only 2 adults, I really liked it. It was great having the extra floor space. Made the room feel very spacious & not so closed in as a regular hotel room.

BDA989D6-F7A5-47B2-A369-B62E2BCA5667.png

38845F56-8D97-4309-A406-12878F0084DE.jpeg

Last edited:
January 2019 Activities Schedule

A couple of things to note-

All of the movies in January are being shown indoors at the Seaside Retreat (formerly the kids club) at 6:30 pm

There are campfires scheduled for Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday nights, from 5:30 to 7:30. It appears that the movie starts while the campfire is still happening, so plan accordingly if you are trying to do both on the same night.

:goodvibes

Last edited:
Are the rooms at YC really spacious enough for a family of five to be comfortable? We are a blended family of two adults and three kids (12, 14 and 6). I love the idea of being so close to Epcot/HS and think we would all enjoy Stormalong Bay. Our other consideration is a family suite at AoA.

Are the rooms at YC really spacious enough for a family of five to be comfortable? We are a blended family of two adults and three kids (12, 14 and 6). I love the idea of being so close to Epcot/HS and think we would all enjoy Stormalong Bay. Our other consideration is a family suite at AoA.
If you are talking about a regular guest room, there is no privacy, as the beds and daybed are all in the same room, very close together. If budget is not the top consideration, you may want to consider a Beach Club or Boardwalk Villa, if you like the EPCOT location.

YACHT CLUB STANDARD ROOM
room-ya-g00.jpg

We have stayed many times at YC in both standard and club level rooms and we are a family of 5. Yes you are all close together but it kinda makes it more fun and definitely makes for some great memories :)
My kids loved watching a movie at night after a busy day (though frequently no-one saw the end as some or all of us fell asleep). There’s 8years between my first 2 children and 9 years between the youngest and his older brother so they span 2 decades but we had space for everyone and the balcony gives that little bit extra room for anyone needing a bit of peace. I enjoyed all our trips but definitely found the club level added a lot as my kids got older so while not essential to a great trip it was brilliant for those times when you wanted to spread out a little and given that teenagers seem to be unfillable when it comes to food and the youngest kid is a fussy eater definitely good value for us :)
The good thing about the YC/BC is that there are plenty of spots to relax around the hotel even if you’re not staying club level so frequently my daughter and I would get ready first in the morning and then the boys would catch up with us when they were organized. The bathroom/sink area is in an alcove with a sliding door so that gave us the privacy we needed to get washed and suncream applied etc. :)

Last edited:
I just switched my reservation from Coronado Springs to Yacht Club club level for December 2019. Super excited, it’s my first stay in the Epcot area. Figured the splurge was worth the money, especially if the club level fast pass program is still ongoing and Star Wars land is open.

I just switched my reservation from Coronado Springs to Yacht Club club level for December 2019. Super excited, it’s my first stay in the Epcot area. Figured the splurge was worth the money, especially if the club level fast pass program is still ongoing and Star Wars land is open.
You have made a good point about the value of club level with Star Wars land opening up. I love Disney logic. :)

I love staying at YC or BC in December. Both resorts have great Christmas displays and Epcot has the most Christmas activities of any park. And MK is closed for Christmas parties on far too many nights, which detracts from the value of staying at a monorail resort, imo.

So sad we stayed at the Boardwalk Inn this past December. Nothing compares to the Yacht Club! It was clean. But, totally lacked the great customer service of the Yacht Club. We have always encountered friendly, helpful staff at the Yacht Club. At the Boardwalk Inn, the staff was ignorant, didn’t answer phone calls, or follow up with issues. The layout was wacky with two sets of elevators needed to get off at boardwalk or the lobby/ bus level. The lesson learned..... stay with the best- Yacht Club! PS- nothing compares to the pool at the Yacht Club too.

Heading back to YC February 23 - 27! It will be DH and me this time. He is not a big WDW fan, but knows I love it. Work is going to be horrible until February 22, so he suggested we go to WDW the next day. He didn’t have to suggest it twice! I have a water view room with an AP rate. No CL availability. Air is booked, too. Now i just need to book dining. Last year we went in March and it was cool. When DD and I were there last month, it was chilly. Hoping for warmer weather next month.

You have made a good point about the value of club level with Star Wars land opening up. I love Disney logic. :)

By that same logic, they'll end the FP club level program just slightly before galaxys edge opens. :yoda:

But don't worry, they'll increase ticket, room, and food prices again to level out the pain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter