Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone had anything delivered to YC/BC recently? I'm looking at UPS/FedEx for a food-based delivery so I don't want it to have to sit too long. It will be an overnight delivery with guaranteed before Noon delivery. Just curious to what the turnaround time for me to take possession of this item might be.

The Poly is on our bucket list for a future trip, because I think we need to experience a MK monorail resort at least once! But I also suspect that we may love the Epcot resort area too much to ever want to stay somewhere else... ;) What makes you love the Epcot area over the monorail resorts? Just curious!

Don't get me wrong, I do love the monorail resorts too! It's just with the Epcot resorts you have walking or boating access to Epcot and HS, plus, if you don't mind walking through Epcot, you can take the monorail to MK, (it's not the easiest way but avoids the buses). And really, only the Contemporary is within walking distance to MK, though boats are available for the other resorts.

We tried the Poly in 2017 and while we enjoyed it there we missed the BC! We were doing a split stay and even tried moving to BC early. I would stay at the Poly again if BC/YC weren’t available though. The rooms are huge which is a bonus but I am not a fan of having to walk outside to get to the main lobby (especially in the rain). BC is just our “home”.

We stayed at WL earlier this month, and although it was very festive-looking with gorgeous decorations, and the CMs were all great, we both missed BC/YC. The walking to two parks can’t be beat, and we also do the walk thru Epcot to the monorail for MK (usually bus back, though).

We’ve tried WL, BWI, CSR, CBR, Poly, ASMo, ASMu, and Pop at various points over the past 20+ years, but we keep coming back to BC/YC/BCV. It’s our favourite for so many reasons. It’s not that there was anything wrong with any of the other resorts, and we’d stay at any of them (except CBR) again under the right circumstances. But BC/YC/BCV is always be our first choice.

We do want to try Contemporary (CL TPV) at some point, once I win a lottery or sell a kidney, and we’ve got a long weekend trip in May booked for POFQ since I’ve heard such good things about it, but I think we’ll still end up gravitating back to BC/YC/BCV. We do have February at BC, and Easter weekend and Labour Day week have now been switched to YC...we thought we could go somewhere else, but we just keep getting drawn back...

Here are looks at the 2018 Christmas decorations at the BC and YC, with a bonus look at the BWI. BTW, I thought that the BC and YC scaled down their centerpieces, this year, and that's the reason for all of the poinsettias inside the white picket fencing.

https://bit.ly/2QOcpKF
https://bit.ly/2AhhEIC

Thanks for sharing these pictures -- love love love seeing the details. Looking forward to our return trips in June and November 2019 !

Has anyone had anything delivered to YC/BC recently? I'm looking at UPS/FedEx for a food-based delivery so I don't want it to have to sit too long. It will be an overnight delivery with guaranteed before Noon delivery. Just curious to what the turnaround time for me to take possession of this item might be.

Have you explored all your delivery options? Amazon Prime Now will deliver to Bell Services, if they have what you want.

Have you explored all your delivery options? Amazon Prime Now will deliver to Bell Services, if they have what you want.

Thanks! Not groceries - I’m having a cake shipped from a LA bakery and it would be easier if FedEx could drop it at the resort instead of me having to leave property to go grab it from my Mom’s house.

1501, 2501, 3501 (is there a 4501)?- these are near the "Secret Exit" to EPCOT and
This section of the BC is only three stories, so no 4501. :)

X647- note, not sure of the balcony size on 2647. 3647 may be a Juliet (smaller) balcony.
3571-straight-view-jpg.331321

Here is a view of the exterior of x647. There are standing balconies for rooms 2647, 3647 and 4647.
movie%20volleyball%20court.jpg

This picture is from the first post and shows that rooms 2647, 3647, 4647, and 5647 don't have a balcony on the water view side.

Hi everyone! :) Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a room recommendation for us.

We have a 1BR suite booked at the BC from 12/23-12/27. I know there aren't very many of these rooms, so originally I wasn't planning on sending in a room request...but I decided I'd ask for recommendations from the BC experts on the Disboards just in case.

Ideas? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. :)
From the pictures I posted, it looks like you might want to request the ground floor for a deluxe room so that you don't end up with the standing balcony.

The Poly is on our bucket list for a future trip, because I think we need to experience a MK monorail resort at least once! But I also suspect that we may love the Epcot resort area too much to ever want to stay somewhere else... ;) What makes you love the Epcot area over the monorail resorts? Just curious!
We are not fans of the monorail resorts, mostly because it is not very convenient to take two monorails to get to Epcot, and we like to spend a lot of time at Epcot. We have done a split stay between GF and BC and that was very nice. But if we want to be at a MK resort, we prefer the WL. The boat to MK beats the monorail, in our opinion. And the bus service is decent. When staying at an Epcot resort we find that the bus to MK isn't bad at all, and sometimes quicker than a monorail trip. :)

I have been avoiding the DIS lately. We don't have another trip planned and it just gets to hard to visit these threads. But I do miss my DIS friends. I'm sure there will be a trip planned soon. Our annual pass expires tomorrow and I am really tempted to renew, even without a future trip planned yet. Using Disney math, it would be worth it to get the renewal discount. ;)

Last edited:
We just returned from our first stay at the Yacht Club after spending the last twenty years staying in other Disney resorts. Overall, it was very nice. We enjoyed our stay and the location is great. However, when we got in bed the first night I noticed lots of huge holes in the sheets. Also, they never vacuumed the floor during our stay which was gross. It was a nice experience otherwise and I found the cast members to be more friendly than the ones we encountered at Polynesian earlier this year.

Last edited:
I've searched and searched, and read all the relevant posts I can find, and I'm looking for some specific advice. We have a 2-night stay in a BCV "deluxe studio" that we booked through the disney website (not dvc, not renting points). These are "resort" days for us, and we plan on spending most of our time at the pool, weather permitting. Any suggestions for room request terms that would get us closer to SaB? (I know the building isn't particularly close to that pool, but I would prefer to not be alllll the way at the other end if possible.) OR, if it really won't make that much of a difference, are there rooms that have the corner 'wrap-around' balcony?
The section of the villas that is closest to the BC will be the most convenient rooms for easy access to SAB. The villas pool is very nice, though, and you may find yourself spending some time there, too. ;) The next best request would be a room close to the main elevators. The deluxe studios all have a full balcony, with some of the balconies being a little larger than others, depending on where they are. But I don't think there are any balconies that wrap around the corner in the villas building.

Thanks! Not groceries - I’m having a cake shipped from a LA bakery and it would be easier if FedEx could drop it at the resort instead of me having to leave property to go grab it from my Mom’s house.

Well fedex delivers to the business office in the yacht and beach club convention center, not to the hotel front desk. If you can walk over there when they are open, you can pick it up. If you need to retrieve it after the business center is closed, talk to the hotel front desk.

I have never had a cake shipped. I would be worried that the box would be tipped or otherwise not handled with care. Or left outside in the heat.

We stayed one night at YC in May, our intent was to spend all day in the pool, but Mother Nature had a different plan. Our girls were only able to play in the pool for about an hour. So our little one request we go back to Stormalong Bay, so we’ll be staying at BC for 2 nights in August. So excited.

We’re exactly 14 days til our BC stay. Yay! But I have a bit of a downer, I haven’t told anyone (except our children) that we’re going yet. I’m dreading the “again!”, “y’all live over there”, & the absolute worse “must be nice” comments. I don’t even post on FB our trips anymore. To be honest, I usually only tell our kids & my parents now (and of course work). I don’t understand all the negative comments about the amount of times we go or that we go to Disney at all. And I hate feeling like I have to justify how we spend our time & money. I’m always so happy for anyone when I hear they’re going to Disney or anywhere else. I think it’s wonderful to travel & do things that make you happy. I wish everyone felt that way too.

We’re exactly 14 days til our BC stay. Yay! But I have a bit of a downer, I haven’t told anyone (except our children) that we’re going yet. I’m dreading the “again!”, “y’all live over there”, & the absolute worse “must be nice” comments. I don’t even post on FB our trips anymore. To be honest, I usually only tell our kids & my parents now (and of course work). I don’t understand all the negative comments about the amount of times we go or that we go to Disney at all. And I hate feeling like I have to justify how we spend our time & money. I’m always so happy for anyone when I hear they’re going to Disney or anywhere else. I think it’s wonderful to travel & do things that make you happy. I wish everyone felt that way too.

We used to get those comments too but now people who care about us just laugh and recognise it's our happy place and as for anyone else I refuse to allow them to drag me down! It's your money, your vacation time and your choice so don't worry about anyone else! Go! Be you! Have an absolute blast with your family and don't give a flying fig what anyone else thinks! Plus we all want the very best trip for you so who cares what the naysayers want!
Have a wonderful time! Wishing you good health and happiness for 2019 :)

My husband and I get that all the time! Our children are grown and we are grandparents and we still go 3-4 times a year. We love just going and enjoying walking around Epcot. It is our money and we will spend it how we want! I am a retired cast member so I get good deals.

We get the same thing, "must be nice" or "why wouldn't you try somewhere else? don't you have a sense of adventure?" I just don't talk about it anymore to certain people anymore. We get two vacations a year and Disney is our happy place, its a tradition now with our kids, it feels like our home away from home. We have our favorite place to stay, our favorite restaurants and favorite things to do. And anyway I'm not taking a chance with limited vacation time and that kind of money that my vacation will be a dud just because I need an "adventure". I guess I could ask the same people why do you go to the same place skiing every year.

What really annoys me about this is that other families go on vacation to the same place every year, or multiple times a year, and nobody says, "You're going to the Adirondacks AGAIN?" or "You're going to the New Jersey beach AGAIN?" or "You're going to Cape Cod AGAIN?" or whatever.

If someone makes a snide comment about our Disney trips, I'm wondering if the response should be, "Yes, we're going again. Where does your family like to vacation?" and see if they say that they go someplace every year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter