Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Polishnavy: Hubby and I are normally very clean eaters, but we have been doing a very lean, very strict diet for: 12 weeks for him, 8 weeks for me. We just keep counting down the days to enjoy all that yumminess in 50 days!!!!!

Ferrentinos: Ok, let's just say your daughter is adorable first!!! So stinkin cute!!!! Then WOWZA nice Pixie Dust!!! So happy when this happens to Dis folks!!!!!

Thanks so much! It was amazing to get the suite upgrade! Now we are so super spoiled!

Thanks so much! It was amazing to get the suite upgrade! Now we are so super spoiled!
Thanks for posting the pictures. We had a free one night upgrade to room 1501 years ago. It didn't have the big balcony, though. Just a million people walking past on their way to the secret entrance. But it was fun to have the extra space, especially with two teenage girls.

I have been helping DH's coworker with her Disney planning since she hadn't been in over a decade and had no idea what she was in for. She's there now with her family and texted DH yesterday that they had joined DVC! Ha ha ha! :rotfl2:

I guess she's hooked now! I love disney magic! :)

~Cari~ pluto:

Two week dance! We pull into CR 2 weeks from today, and BC 5 days after that! After the week(s) I've had, I can. not. wait.

Luckily we get to do something really fun tonight too.... :rolleyes1

5457a3e827bcd329bc25a.jpg

Will special requests given to TA show up on MDE online check-in page? If online check-in is done, will online requests checked off interfere with TA-placed room requests?

I've never used online check-in before, but others have posted positive comments about having their room available upon arrival and requests being met, so I thought I might try it.

Any thoughts?

Two week dance! We pull into CR 2 weeks from today, and BC 5 days after that! After the week(s) I've had, I can. not. wait.

Luckily we get to do something really fun tonight too.... :rolleyes1

5457a3e827bcd329bc25a.jpg

29 days for us and we are going to the concert tomorrow! Have a great time tonight!

My hubby is an ex WaWa corporate employee...the owner did not retire to FL...but the rest is true.hehe! My hubby worked on the project that put the touch screen ordering screens in at the Deli. You can thank him for the options " little bit of oil and little bit of vinegar".

Yep, had one yesterday with a little bit of oil and a little bit of vinegar!!! Love, love, love WAWA!

Teena just texted me this picture, so I think she had it for lunch again today- hoagie & pretzel

Wawa Hogie.jpg

This thread is diabolical as of late! How is a girl supposed to diet for participation in SAB activities if she can't stop thinking about pancakes and Tastycakes and soft pretzels

Sorry about this! But if you go back a few pages there is discussion and pictures of tomatoes

;)

Will special requests given to TA show up on MDE online check-in page? If online check-in is done, will online requests checked off interfere with TA-placed room requests?

I've never used online check-in before, but others have posted positive comments about having their room available upon arrival and requests being met, so I thought I might try it.

Any thoughts?

I haven't found that it hurts matters at all. Sometimes the room requests I place over the phone aren't even offered on the choices found with online check-in. So I think it's good to use both. As long as they don't contradict each other. :)

I need some help. My DD who will turn 9 during our trip in September doesn't like store bought cake. She prefers home-made "from a box" cake. We are staying in a 2 BR Villa so I know that I'll have the oven. She'd prefer I bake for her! So, what will I need to bring with me???

I'm thinking I can get down there (we won't have a car):
Eggs
Pan

I'm thinking I would need to bring:
Boxed cake
Oil
Crisco
Frosting
Candles

I've seen the eggs in the MarketPlace pictures. Anything else on my list available at the MarketPlace or should I just bring it in case??

I haven't found that it hurts matters at all. Sometimes the room requests I place over the phone aren't even offered on the choices found with online check-in. So I think it's good to use both. As long as they don't contradict each other. :)
Thanks for the input, it's just the kind of advice I was looking for!

I need some help. My DD who will turn 9 during our trip in September doesn't like store bought cake. She prefers home-made "from a box" cake. We are staying in a 2 BR Villa so I know that I'll have the oven. She'd prefer I bake for her! So, what will I need to bring with me???

Eggs
Pan

Boxed cake
Oil
Crisco
Frosting
Candles

I've seen the eggs in the MarketPlace pictures. Anything else on my list available at the MarketPlace or should I just bring it in case??
I made a birthday cake for my sister when we stayed in a 2BR villa at OKW. I brought the baking pan. It is easy to pack because you just put clothes all around it. There is a list of cooking equipment listed for the villas, but there wasn't a pan the size I needed. I bought eggs and butter at the resort shop. But I brought the rest of the ingredients from home. It was fun to have a party in the villa. I also brought some simple decorations and balloons from home. Don't forget some matches to light the candles with. :)

Eggs
Pan

Boxed cake
Oil
Crisco
Frosting
Candles

Have you had any thoughts about baking the cake at home, but just frosting and decorating it once you get down there? You could bring the tubes of decorating icing along. and use a boxed frosting mix to ice the cake; all you will need to buy at the Marketplace will be butter, which they do sell. All of this is, of course, unless you or your daughter likes everything from scratch.

We have traveled over the holidays bringing baked goods on the plane with us, without any problems.

Any thoughts?

I have read here on the DIS - don't have first hand experience - that online requests override those placed with the reservations. I never wanted to risk that. Expecially if you check the box saying you want your room early. That becomes the number one request and they will place you in an available room regardless of your other requests.

Last edited:
Have you had any thoughts about baking the cake at home, but just frosting and decorating it once you get down there? You could bring the tubes of decorating icing along. and use a boxed frosting mix to ice the cake; all you will need to buy at the Marketplace will be butter, which they do sell. All of this is, of course, unless you or your daughter likes everything from scratch.

We have traveled over the holidays bringing baked goods on the plane with us, without any problems.
I hadn't thought of baking before, but I don't think it will work. We arrive on the 13th and her birthday isn't until the 21st.

I have read her on the DIS - don't have first hand experience - that online requests override those placed with the reservations. I never wanted to risk that. Expecially if you check the box saying you want your room early. That becomes the number one request and they will place you in an available room regardless of your other requests.

This is why I'm thinking of skipping online check-in. The request my TA put on our reservation was "2 queen beds, close to lobby". I don't feel like walking to my room only to realize it's miles away from the lobby/transportation. Then having to go back down to the front desk to see if they can change my room. Curious to what those of you who have done online check-in think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter