Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi, we've been to the BC before but never used the kids club. I've heard these are closing later this year but we were going to try it when we stay in May. Were traveling with 2 other families and we each have a 6yo girls.

The adults had planned to go to HS after dropping the girls off but I've just found out that park is closing early that night.

Has anyone used the club and what was it like, I wouldn't have put our DD in on her own in case no one else was there! but as shes with 2 other close friends I'm thinking they'll be ok if it's quiet they'll play together.

Were now stuck on where to go, we wanted to stay close in case of emergencies but now we may end up at AK, How far do you go if your using the kids club?

Thanks x
I am interested in this too. My nephew has a mild case of autism and they will be visiting us at BC when we are there in July. We were thinking about using Sandcastle Club, but not sure about how he would do.

Just an FYI for anyone staying at BCV today.

We were napping in our room today when we got a knock on the door from “Guest Services” telling us they were replacing the door locks. It took about 5 min but they had to leave the door open when they were working on it. I heard them knocking and opening doors all down the hallway and replacing locks even if the guest wasn’t there.

We had trouble with our magic bands and the door locks when we first checked in and saw some others with the same issue at the front desk. So maybe it’s related to that!

We are in YC. Today, DD and I were at SAB. When we returned, we had new locks (the part where you place your MB). DW was in the room when it happened and said they did not need to open the door.

Also, we do not normally have housekeeping clean the room. DW has been in the room napping once when they came by for the "security check." She said it was a light knock on the door (she barely noticed). She went to the door, and they told her that they were there for room inspection. However, they did not come in the room. Today, they called to ask when they should come by for the next room inspection (since we told them we don't want housekeeping). Our experience at YC with the security check has been very unobtrusive.

We are in YC. Today, DD and I were at SAB. When we returned, we had new locks (the part where you place your MB). DW was in the room when it happened and said they did not need to open the door.

Also, we do not normally have housekeeping clean the room. DW has been in the room napping once when they came by for the "security check." She said it was a light knock on the door (she barely noticed). She went to the door, and they told her that they were there for room inspection. However, they did not come in the room. Today, they called to ask when they should come by for the next room inspection (since we told them we don't want housekeeping). Our experience at YC with the security check has been very unobtrusive.
Thanks for confirming that they are indeed performing the security checks there and for advising how the experience went. I like that they called in advance to make arrangements for the follow-up visit and did not just knock on the door, without notice.

EDIT: Apparently, the change this morning was only a preliminary step. They did need to open the door and come inside to do the work. Process took 5 minutes as PP described.

Hi, we've been to the BC before but never used the kids club. I've heard these are closing later this year but we were going to try it when we stay in May. Were traveling with 2 other families and we each have a 6yo girls.

The adults had planned to go to HS after dropping the girls off but I've just found out that park is closing early that night.

Has anyone used the club and what was it like, I wouldn't have put our DD in on her own in case no one else was there! but as shes with 2 other close friends I'm thinking they'll be ok if it's quiet they'll play together.

Were now stuck on where to go, we wanted to stay close in case of emergencies but now we may end up at AK, How far do you go if your using the kids club?

Thanks x

We used it for my 2 grand daughters on our mother daughter trip. They were 6 & 4 at the time. They loved it. Plenty of activities to keep them occupied. They will also call you if there are any problems or issues. Not inexpensive, but was worth it to get an evening off to do adult things instead of child centered. I'm sorry to hear that it will be closing. Another couple was dropping off their 2 children so they could go to a late dinner at Universal. We got a chuckle out of that one.

We used it for my 2 grand daughters on our mother daughter trip. They were 6 & 4 at the time. They loved it. Plenty of activities to keep them occupied. They will also call you if there are any problems or issues. Not inexpensive, but was worth it to get an evening off to do adult things instead of child centered. I'm sorry to hear that it will be closing. Another couple was dropping off their 2 children so they could go to a late dinner at Universal. We got a chuckle out of that one.

Thank you for your reply. We might head aver to AK if not then a few drinks around the world! Universal is a bit far! lol
It is nice to do a few adult rides and not have to do a child swap!

W00T! Checked in yesterday ... reserved a standard / garden view... they did not sprinkle any pixie dust on us... they shot it at us with a cannon! To our great surprise we were upgraded to a turret suite on the 3rd floor (rm 3155) ... it is amazing!! We are very grateful that Disney did that... how cool! I will post pictures after we return :0

That is totally awesome. Now let me ask, had you made any room requests prior? I'm always debating with myself if I should make any requests or just take my chances.

Thank you for your reply. We might head aver to AK if not then a few drinks around the world! Universal is a bit far! lol
It is nice to do a few adult rides and not have to do a child swap!

I forgot to add that you should stop in a day or two ahead to see the facilities and discuss any of your concerns. I don't remember if you have to sign up in advance or not. Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.

Page 1141-1143

Ouch! Disney want an extra £320 ($410) for 10 nights.

I know you will be watching for better discounts as the trip approaches. Fingers (and toes) crossed for you!

::yes::

Thanks! We will be at YC Feb 3-5. :) One of the perks of living in Florida...I can make a quick trip down to spend my b-day at Disney!

Have a fantastic time at your birthday celebration.

:goodvibes

I am starting to second guess myself about the YC CL!! I really had my hopes on the BC CL but discounts are not great for BC. I am saving quite a bit of money at the YC. We stayed BC CL level last time and loved it. How do the club level lounges compare?
Also I will have two 11 year old boys with us. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I have stayed at both BC CL and YC CL. Both offer a lot of space in the lounge, the same food offerings, the same management team.

I like that the YC mostly has full balcony rooms (a single YC CL WV room does not). If it were me, I would follow the money (savings) and happily stay at the YC.

:thumbsup2

I'm so excited... we just booked our next trip and it will be this August! We will be doing a split stay with AKL. Our dates for YC will be Aug. 25-Aug. 31 and we will be CELEBRATING our 20th Wedding Anniversary, along with our oldest daughter's 18th birthday! Unbelievable!!!!

I'm a little scared about how hot it will be but this was the only time that worked well with our schedules, school and was super close to her birthday and our anniversary. I'm sure we will have a blast cooling off in SAB!!!

:welcome: back and congrats on the milestones you will be celebrating.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Just booked garden view for June at the YC!!!! Looking forward to all both the YC and BC offer!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:woohoo:

Just an FYI for anyone staying at BCV today.

We were napping in our room today when we got a knock on the door from “Guest Services” telling us they were replacing the door locks. It took about 5 min but they had to leave the door open when they were working on it. I heard them knocking and opening doors all down the hallway and replacing locks even if the guest wasn’t there.

We had trouble with our magic bands and the door locks when we first checked in and saw some others with the same issue at the front desk. So maybe it’s related to that!

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

:goodvibes

EDIT: Apparently, the change this morning was only a preliminary step. They did need to open the door and come inside to do the work. Process took 5 minutes as PP described.

Thank you for the reports about the security checks and change out of the door locks at the resort.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
February 2018

I know this is hard to read. Photobucket will not allow me to resize it to a bigger picture.

If I have time, I'll try to figure out how to use a different photo uploader other than Photobucket for the calendars.

And I'd like to know what "Seaside Sunday" involves. I'll be going with DH in March and he does Disney at a much slower pace that DD and I, so these resort things could be very nice for us.

Thanks for posting this. What is the "Day Cruise Around the world" at 12:00 everyday?

Great question! No idea what this is all about. I just looked back on the past calendars and it has been running since September 2017. I haven't heard any descriptions about what this is or how much it costs. Has anyone done this? Is there anyone at the resort now or soon who could ask someone on the recreation staff or at the marina?

:sail:

And I'd like to know what "Seaside Sunday" involves. I'll be going with DH in March and he does Disney at a much slower pace that DD and I, so these resort things could be very nice for us.

Seaside Sunday goes back at least through March of last year. The only description on Page 2 of the schedule is:

Join us on the Big Beach for games, music, arts & crafts and seaside fun!

I would love to hear a review or comments if anyone has done this.

:beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter