Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Well I finally might be getting news on my concerns that i emailed off to disney from 3 weeks ago... but its personal phone as I just looked at this email from about 10 mins ago

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your reply.
I will be available to speak with you tomorrow, October 31, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. ET.
Mike, please know I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Best Regards,

Brittany (Removed)
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort
(Removed

Well we are on our way home from a wonderful 8 night 9 day BCV stay. We are in Savannah tonight visiting friends and stopping by Disney’s Hilton Head Resort tomorrow on our way to our stop in Florence SC.
We had a wonderful vacation. 2 days MK, 2 _ 1/2 days at DHS, 2 days in AK and 2 1/2 days in EC.
Weather was mainly good. We got rained on Monday night in EC,and Saturday night in AK. I thought the last 2 days were cool.
I am headed to dinner with friends. More later.

We were informed on Thursday evening that they were going to be doing routine fire alarm testing on the Friday morning from 10:30 am til 12:30 pm. It didn’t affect us, we were in Epcot until 11:30 am and then got ready to leave for our flight home. They told us we didn’t need to evacuate the premises during the tests. We managed to squeeze in a couple of final rides before we left. Still waiting for a reimbursement for our stay when they discovered the bed bugs though....
Bed bugs?!?!

Can you enter Epcot at RD from the international gateway entrance if staying at BC? We’ve always stayed in monorail area or AKL, so BC is new to us! Thanks!

We arrived on Saturday. ..got the perfect room assignment...for us...woods, ground, close to quiet pool.

Unfortunately, the very first night in the room, I caught my toe on a c I rner, and I'm pretty sure if it's my pinky toe isn't broken, it's sprained. Went to front desk yesterday after hobbling around Magic Kingdom and, theyes were able to find a rental knee walker for me. It arrived last night, so we'll see how AK is with this cute little set of wheels. More later!

Attachments

• 20171031_055051.jpg
    20171031_055051.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 50
Happy Birthday Dee. Thanks for all you do for us!

Thanks, my friend.

I’ll be checking in here periodically today. Arrived home around 11:30 yesterday morning but we haven’t had power here since 2 am on Monday. No school again today.

Best gift so far- There was leftover coffee and Mark heated it on the grill so I could have a warm cup.

Last edited:
Hey guys! :wave:

Checking in. Don't have a beach club trip planned, but I have officially planned a Dee-inspired school field trip to WDW! I am coordinating a group of 48 people (34 students) which are actually two groups: 17 band students who will participate in Festival Disney, and 17 "STEAM Scholars Club" members who will participate in Disney's Y.E.S. program. We're staying at POP in March. This will not only be the first trip to WDW for most of the kids, but the first vacation for many of them. I'll try not to cry throughout the entire trip out of pure joy for all they will experience.

They're all going on a charter bus. I'm flying in with DS the night before they arrive and staying two extra nights after they leave (staying at Coronado Springs) to decompress from what is sure to be a very, very crazy trip.

~Cari~ pluto:

Happy Birthday and Thank You Dee.
We enjoyed the Food and Wine Festival a lot. We went to Epcot on Monday morning with a FP+ for Soarin’. I love Soarin’. There were lots of folks, but the booth lines weren’t bad at all. Like every day we took a mid day break. We went back to nosh around the world for dinner. We went back on Wednesday and before we hit the road yesterday.
We like the FP+ system. Since we had 2 days at MK, for exampl, that was 6 Headliners scheduled in advance. We filled in many rides as well.
ToT was at half capacity all week. That resulted in long FP+ lines and very long standby lines.
We tried the Baseline Tap House on the new Grand Ave. We sat at a high top table outside DH and DS tried the “ create your own” beer flight and we enjoyed a hot pretzel.
We tried Sci-fi for the first time our arrival day. Great atmosphere. We ate at 50’s PTC our second day. I love Aunt Liz,s Fried Chicken.
We often try to fit in a tour for a special treat. This year, a highlight of our whole trip, we did the Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP Tour in the AK. It was expensive but Wonderful. It was a late afternoon/evening tour. We had head of the FP line access to: Dinosaur, Navi River Journey, Flights of Passage ( which had a 3 hour Standby line), Safari, Everest and finally Rivers of Light. We ate at Satuli Canteen. It was a wonderful evening dampened only by rain at the end of the evening. They supplied us with Disney ponchos though.
As an aside I did not enjoy FOP. Iwas so sick the entire ride. I prayed I did not vomit. I have very mild motion sickness issues, but this ride was not good for me. But like thousands of others DH and DS thought it was the best ride they have ever been on.
Sorry for such a long post.

th
Happy Birthday Dee. Glad to hear you got home okay, and eek, no power. At least family fun, with no school for the kids.

We often try to fit in a tour for a special treat. This year, a highlight of our whole trip, we did the Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP Tour in the AK. It was expensive but Wonderful. It was a late afternoon/evening tour. We had head of the FP line access to: Dinosaur, Navi River Journey, Flights of Passage ( which had a 3 hour Standby line), Safari, Everest and finally Rivers of Light. We ate at Satuli Canteen. It was a wonderful evening dampened only by rain at the end of the evening. They supplied us with Disney ponchos though.

The tour in AK.....$249.00 each....do you feel like you got your monies worth?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter