Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions Updated Info on Page 1 Post 1 & 13, 14

Sandi

A proud Spartans fan.
Switch to Movies if you can. Freshly renovated, whereas the Sports rooms are looking a little worn and rundown.
Thanks for the suggestion. I really wanted Pop, but it was quite a bit more $$. I'll look into Movies though. Thanks. We basically need somewhere to sleep and to be a quick Uber to BWI for an early check-in with CL.

serenitynow

DIS Veteran
Hi guys!

About 8 weeks out from our 3 WEEK LONG (!!!) BCV stay!

I’m having some anxiety regarding room size.

Last year, my family of 5 shared a 2 bedroom villa with my parents. We stayed for 2 weeks so as you can imagine it was a pricey stay.

This year, we decided we’d like to lengthen our stay but the only feasible way for us to do that financially was to go to a studio.

My mom is joining us this year; it will also be my DH, 18 year old stepdaughter and my 2 boys; the oldest just turned 5 in August and the baby will be 2 a few days before we leave.

They allowed us to book all 6 of us into the studio but now I’m worried that just because they let us do this, we probably shouldn’t have pushed it.

How on Earth do they figure the room can only fit 5, but throw a baby in a huge crib in and that’s fine?!

Has anyone ever fit 5 plus an infant in a studio before? Am I correct that there is only one bed and a pull out couch? And where does the crib rental go?! Will it block access to the bathroom and/or front door?
Maybe the crib can fit on the balcony?? :idea:

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever fit 5 plus an infant in a studio before? Am I correct that there is only one bed and a pull out couch? And where does the crib rental go?! Will it block access to the bathroom and/or front door?
Unfortunately, you are going to be really cramped in a studio with that many people. Once the sofa bed is pulled out, there isn't very much room left on the sides and between the beds. I thought it was cramped before they added the Murphy bed, but now I have trouble picturing where you will put those two chairs.

Our son, daughter-in-law, and grandsons age 3 and 7 months stayed in a studio before they did the renovation. The crib went in front of the sliding doors to the balcony. The 3 year old slept in the sofa bed. It was crowded. The bathroom only has a single sink, not a double, which is not convenient but at least gives you a little more counter space.

• ♥ Mandi ♥

Mouseketeer
    Unfortunately, you are going to be really cramped in a studio with that many people. Once the sofa bed is pulled out, there isn't very much room left on the sides and between the beds. I thought it was cramped before they added the Murphy bed, but now I have trouble picturing where you will put those two chairs.

Our son, daughter-in-law, and grandsons age 3 and 7 months stayed in a studio before they did the renovation. The crib went in front of the sliding doors to the balcony. The 3 year old slept in the sofa bed. It was crowded. The bathroom only has a single sink, not a double, which is not convenient but at least gives you a little more counter space.
    Thanks everyone. We rented DVC pts so we have no option of changing things up now as everything has already been paid for.
    I am considering forgoing the crib rental and getting a blow up toddler bed that can be stored on the balcony or upright against the wall when not in use.
    We are renting a minivan so looks like our suitcases will have to stay in there.. oh my goodness what a mess.
    I'm going to try to speak with someone at check-in and request prior one of the rooms with the huge extra large balconies.
    I'm going to have to figure out what to do about the clothing situation as well.
    Thank you guys for your honesty!
    I at least know what we're getting into now so can plan accordingly and try to come up with some ideas to save some space.

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Thanks everyone. We rented DVC pts so we have no option of changing things up now as everything has already been paid for.
    I am considering forgoing the crib rental and getting a blow up toddler bed that can be stored on the balcony or upright against the wall when not in use.
    We are renting a minivan so looks like our suitcases will have to stay in there.. oh my goodness what a mess.
    I'm going to try to speak with someone at check-in and request prior one of the rooms with the huge extra large balconies - it sounds like we'll end up leaving the table and chairs out there if we can score one.
    I'm going to have to figure out what to do about the clothing situation as well.
    I at least know what we're getting into now so can plan accordingly and try to come up with some ideas to save some space.
    I have never been in one of the BCV studios, so I'm not sure if there is space to make this work, but I wanted to share what I did when I was staying with my buddies at Saratoga. At night, I made myself a little bed out of the couch cushions and had my own little "bedroom" near the front door of the room. I believe the door you can see is a connecting door to the next room and the front door is just to my right.

It was seriously comfortable and I loved my little space. I called it "Dee's room".

Now , I am only 5 feet tall, so I don't require much room, but would the cushions possibly serve as a replacement of a blow up bed for either your step daughter or 5 year old? Then it would be out of the way during the day when you are using the couch.

DSCF9612.JPG

gillep

DIS Veteran
    I'm going to try to speak with someone at check-in and request prior one of the rooms with the huge extra large balconies - it sounds like we'll end up leaving the table and chairs out there if we can score one.
    I would strongly suggest against putting any of the furniture out on the balcony, it would be best to see if you can speak to the front desk about having the items removed from the room by Disney staff, you do not want to damage the furniture by moving it or leaving it outside.

kylenne

Wakandan-American
    Yet another room request question, sorry if this was already answered recently but if I’m booked Standard at BC, what would you guys suggest? I’ll be solo, late 30s and don’t mind walking. Balconies are not very important to me on such a short trip, just proximity to the Epcot walkway, but the distances have me a bit confused. Failing that is there a floor/area you suggest avoiding? Thanks!

• Hopefully

DIS Veteran
    The “huge extra large balconies” you have read about are at the BC Resort, not the BC Villas.
    PLEASE do NOT put the furniture outside. Ask Disney to remove it. I am an owner at BCV. I care about the condition of the Villas and their furniture. If that furniture was damaged at all the Villa owner you have rented points from will be held financially responsible. If I were that owner I would expect you to pay for the damages you cause.

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    The floor of my BCV studio balcony was wet the entire time I was there. It is not appropriate to put room furniture out there. It will get ruined.

I am not aware of rooms at BCV with extra huge balconies, but perhaps I just have not paid attention. I believe the ones shown in this thread are Yacht Club.

PCFriar80

BCV/CT
    The floor of my BCV studio balcony was wet the entire time I was there. It is not appropriate to put room furniture out there. It will get ruined.

I am not aware of rooms at BCV with extra huge balconies, but perhaps I just have not paid attention. I believe the ones shown in this thread are Yacht Club.
    There are a "couple" of extra large balconies for the studios but they're the exception. Here's a photo of the balcony for room 455 which we've had a few times. I'll add that there's probably 10 more feet behind me on the balcony and also that it wasn't covered.

Last edited:

♥ Mandi ♥

Mouseketeer

I didn’t even consider the furniture being damaged in the middle of my panicking! That was a pretty obvious oversight on my part. I’m sure they’d be happy to remove it for us! We will definitely need usage of all of the space we can gain. Thank you!
    And yes I was speaking of the balconies in the photo above. There definitely aren’t Many. I believe there are 2 on each of the higher level floors facing Epcot walkway.

• GADisneyDad14

TPAS Moderator

SamFaniam

I Love Rabbit!
    I'm going to try to speak with someone at check-in and request prior one of the rooms with the huge extra large balconies.
    Pack light, and plan to do laundry regularly. If you have just a couple of outfits for each of you, that will cut down on the amount of luggage that you need to worry about. The washers and dryers in the laundry room at the villas are free, detergent is $1.

ksromack

DIS Veteran
    Pack light, and plan to do laundry regularly. If you have just a couple of outfits for each of you, that will cut down on the amount of luggage that you need to worry about. The washers and dryers in the laundry room at the villas are free, detergent is $1.
    Yes! And we brought our own Tide pods so laundry was basically free. Dont forget a few dryer sheets. They keep your suitcase smelling nice too!

I worry about the 18 year old, though....with the lack of privacy....it's a rough age :love:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    The single bathroom may be the big challenge with the villa.

Again, I am not familiar with the villas so I rely on others here for info. Are there public restrooms in the community areas? If your room is close enough, this could give your family an additional option when you are all trying to get ready in the morning.

There are the poolside showers near Beaches & Cream, which I imagine would not be very busy in the morning (are they open 24 hours???), but the location may be prohibitive from the villas. Anyone want to estimate the distance?

The community spaces may also be an idea for hanging out if some of you need some time away or place to be while the little ones nap.

Keep the tips coming, friends!

:goodvibes

Last edited:

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    @natebenma - I'm not sure if you got your info as I skimmed a bit, but for YC CL Room 5163 (the CL room with no balcony), @TJA stayed there in July and posted about it on the CL thread here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-and-questions.3414590/post-60896063

According to her post they booked Standard View CL.

Sorry if that's overlapping/repeat info from someone else.
    I did not see this very helpful post. Thanks so much for pointing it out to me. I'll get in touch with TJA to see if I can use her info.

I can barely keep up here, so I don't usually spend any time on that thread. That will probably change in the next month or so. Not because I have a club level stay coming up, but because...

natebenma

Beach Club Dee
    Dee Did A Dumb!

Yesterday I was trying to catch up and post new info on Page 1 and on the Room View threads- I take notes about info to add as I am reading through and then go back when I have time and refurbish the posts.

As you can imagine, I have a Beach Club/Yacht Club/BCV file with thousands of photos, my own and from other guests throughout the years, pretty (obsessively) organized in folders and subfolders.

Yesterday, I accidentally deleted my archive of "Club Level" photos. About 400 pictures.

I do have my photos backed up, but I don't know how to retrieve just the set that I need. I'll ask my techie husband over the weekend if I can do that. It literally takes days to restore all my photos when I need to upgrade to a new computer, so I am not going to go that route.

The good news- I still have all of my own pictures from past CL stays, and when (if) I have time, I can copy off the pictures that are currently in the CL post on Page 1 and I know there is a treasure-trove of photos (more recent than the ones I had) over on the CL FAQ forum.

I may put out requests for specific photos in the near future, so stay tuned!

Nothing like getting an unexpected "fresh start"

:headache:

Last edited:

Wood Nymph

DIS Veteran
    Again, I am not familiar with the villas so I rely on others here for info. Are there public restrooms in the community areas? If your room is close enough, this could give your family an additional option when you are all trying to get ready in the morning.
    There are very nice bathrooms in the lobby of the villas building. We often use them while waiting for the Magical Express since no one is ever in them and they are closer to the Solarium than the BC restrooms.

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
    There are very nice bathrooms in the lobby of the villas building. We often use them while waiting for the Magical Express since no one is ever in them and they are closer to the Solarium than the BC restrooms.
    But the AC doesn't work well in the public ladies' room in the BCV building. It was very warm in there last month.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM
    DISNEY WORLD RESORT GUIDES

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MAPS

DISNEY WORLD RESORT MENUS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS