Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I just saw on a DVC thread that someone reported they had wall dispensers in a YC bathroom. Has anyone seen this or heard reports? I inquired about when and the room type/category.

I just saw on a DVC thread that someone reported they had wall dispensers in a YC bathroom. Has anyone seen this or heard reports? I inquired about when and the room type/category.

We just got back last week and did not have a wall dispenser in our bathroom.

Edited to add - we stayed in a club level room.

August Activities Schedule

Does anyone know if they are still doing crafts/ceramics at seaside retreat (used to be sandcastle club). My daughter looks forward to that every year and I don’t see anything listed so was wondering.

An update to my post yesterday, I call Salon Services this morning and the the CM I spoke with said that Ship Shape is closed M-F THIS WEEK and is supposed to reopen Saturday, Sunday at the absolute latest. She said that it on schedule. So, my reservation for Sunday is valid. Yay!!

Thank you so much for updating us with the info you received. That's great news. Sounds like your daughter will get services in a newly-renovated space.

💇‍♀️

An update to my post yesterday, I call Salon Services this morning and the the CM I spoke with said that Ship Shape is closed M-F THIS WEEK and is supposed to reopen Saturday, Sunday at the absolute latest. She said that it on schedule. So, my reservation for Sunday is valid. Yay!!

Excellent news - Thanks for calling!

I obviously didn't read through this entire thread so apologies if this is being discussed already but we are DVC and are very concerned about one of the biggest perks - walking at RD to the IG entrance of Epcot - being negated with the opening of the Gondolas in late September. Is anyone else worried about this and has anyone heard anything about ways to handle the soon-to-be large crowds there at RD?

I obviously didn't read through this entire thread so apologies if this is being discussed already but we are DVC and are very concerned about one of the biggest perks - walking at RD to the IG entrance of Epcot - being negated with the opening of the Gondolas in late September. Is anyone else worried about this and has anyone heard anything about ways to handle the soon-to-be large crowds there at RD?

It has definitely been discussed here and there. Some feel the gate will be overrun as a result of the gondolas dumping guests from the other resorts. Others feel the gondolas will have a minimal impact. Personally, I am of the opinion that the gondolas will definitely have an impact, but I'm not sure the extent of the impact. I could envision that rope drop will most likely be more crowded than it has been and is currently. How could it not be when you are adding guests from several other resorts? The gate area is being renovated, but I've not seen a plan which would indicate the new lay-out. Right now it is a bit of a cluster due to the renovations (gondola addition, transformation of the guest services windows/buildings).

Only time will tell. I'm really glad that I won't be there when they first open and Disney will have a few weeks to work out the kinks before we visit in October. :headache:

Most of the discussion about the new Skyliner is taking place in the Rumors and News forum. They are constructing a new entrance as you can see in this recent aerial picture. We are checking into the BC a few days after the planned opening of the Skyliner and we will see how it changes the International Gateway traffic. But I'm not overly concerned about it and it definitely won't stop me from staying at the BC. :)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...n-system-read-post-1-updated-7-30-19.3578988/

Last edited:
Thanks to SWGE AP previews, we are now returning to WDW in just 2 weeks (we were at AKL through July 28). Booked YC August 16 - 18. We just really love it there and it's pretty convenient to DHS.

I literally have no FPs, no ADRs, no plane tickets yet. It's a super quick, last minute trip for sure, but feels like a happy, little bonus.

Thanks to SWGE AP previews, we are now returning to WDW in just 2 weeks (we were at AKL through July 28). Booked YC August 16 - 18. We just really love it there and it's pretty convenient to DHS.

I literally have no FPs, no ADRs, no plane tickets yet. It's a super quick, last minute trip for sure, but feels like a happy, little bonus.
We did the exact same thing! We are at the YC August 16-18, with the AP preview 9-1 on the 17th! I did make 3 FPs at the MK on the 16th and 2 at DHS for after the preview; and an ADR at Skippers Canteen Friday night and LeCellier sat night, and we booked plane fare. We spent more on plane fare than I would have liked, when it came down to it we just couldn’t book Frontier and spent quite a bit more to go United :confused3 . I’m excited, we’re telling the kids this weekend!

Edited for spelling 🙄

Last edited:
We did the exact same thing! We are at the YC August 16-18, with the AP preview 9-1 on the 17th! I did make 3 FPs at the MK on the 16th and 2 at DHS for after the preview; and an ADR at Skippers Cantine Friday night and LeCellier sat night, and we booked plane fare. We spent more on plane fair than I would have liked, when it came down to it we just couldn’t book Frontier and spent quite a bit more to go United :confused3 . I’m excited, we’re telling the kids this weekend!
LOL, I can totally relate. The Frontier prices are very tempting ($44 pp each way!). But, it puts us too late on the 16th and makes us leave too early on the 18th, so I think we’ll have to take a pass too.

LOL, I can totally relate. The Frontier prices are very tempting ($44 pp each way!). But, it puts us too late on the 16th and makes us leave too early on the 18th, so I think we’ll have to take a pass too.
In our case Frontier got us there earlier on the 16th and left a touch later on the 18th, but getting there earlier wouldn’t necessarily be good. We are doing MNSSHP on the 16th, and if we had to get up at 2 am for a flight, went to the party, and got up early enough to get to the preview early I don’t know if anyone would be able to make it! Even I don’t want to do that! But our biggest concern was the fact that of the frontier flight was cancelled I think the weekend would have been off, since it isn’t like they have other flights to put the entire plane on. I know it isn’t likely, and I only read the horror stories and not all of the good ones, but I’ve read enough about the ultra low cost airlines to be spooked and to avoid them until absolutely necessary at some point for some reason!

We are here now in a garden view room with 2 queen beds. I thought all the rooms had a sofa that converted to a daybed. Ours does not, which really doesn’t work for us. Am I imagining that most of the rooms have daybeds? Our rooms at the Poly and Contemporary both did so maybe I’m thinking of those instead. I hope not though.

We are here now in a garden view room with 2 queen beds. I thought all the rooms had a sofa that converted to a daybed. Ours does not, which really doesn’t work for us. Am I imagining that most of the rooms have daybeds? Our rooms at the Poly and Contemporary both did so maybe I’m thinking of those instead. I hope not though.
Not all rooms at the YC and BC have the day bed. Some do, some don’t - I don’t know a percentage. You can request one, but not book one. I have read they give parties of 5 priority on the daybeds, otherwise it’s chance and request. You could check to see if they have a room they could move you to, either tonight or a room change tomorrow.

Last edited:
Not all rooms at the YC and BC have the day bed. Some do, some don’t - I don’t know a percentage. You can request one, but not book one. I have read they give parties of 5 priority on the daybeds, otherwise it’s chance and request. You could check to see if they have a room they could move you to, either tonight or a room change tomorrow.

Sorry about the disappointment in your room. The above response is correct- not all rooms have a daybed.

As suggested, see if you can change to a room with a daybed if there is one available, or ask if you can have a rollaway cot delivered to your room. Go to the front desk (don't call).

Good luck. Let us know if you are able to get it worked out.

::yes::

Last edited:
We did the exact same thing! We are at the YC August 16-18, with the AP preview 9-1 on the 17th!

We are going to the AP preview on the 17th too! Unfortunately we won’t be at YC. This will be our 4th Disney trip this year. Because was so unexpected, we are getting the room for our kids too & we have a trip to Virginia planned next month, we decided to keep it as economical as possible. We are trying AS Movies for the first time. I can pay for both rooms for all 3 nights for pretty much what 1 room would cost for just 2 nights. I will definitely be missing YC, but there won’t be time to relax much anyway! Enjoy the preview!, :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter